SNB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Morning or Night?

Does it really matter if you workout in the MORNING or, at NIGHT before bed? Do you get better results with one or the other? I've been working out in the morning mostly but some nights when I can't get to sleep (which seems to be happening a lot lately) I have been doing some H.I.I.T. before bed to help me sleep and I'm curious if it will affect my results any. Thanks in advance for your responses

some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) some8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's up to you really. I don't like lifting either in the morning or at night. I do it in the afternoon. It seems it causes me trouble getting sleep if I lift at night. Morning feels just not charged up yet. Kinda like slow start.

BTW if you have trouble getting a sleep at night with no apparent reason, re-evaluate your calorie intake/consumtion and protein amounts. I had same problem and couldn't sleep **** although I was tired as hell. I did few experiments and in the end I found out that I needed eating more and take more protein since my body was kept putting on muscle.

When I started I was only eating 2200cals and 170g of protein a day. Had no probs with sleeping. And after month or two I started having this annoying sleeping problem. Now it appears that I need to eat at least 3000cal and 250g of protein a day. I just sleep so easy and so deeply at night as long as I meet up those amounts. 100cal or 10g less, I stay awake till I eat those up.

bodybuilding pretty boy JoeyDaFool's Avatar
    JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000) JoeyDaFool is just really nice. (+1000)
    after noon is where i feel the most stronger. morning is good also. i hate working out at night
    "Where the mind goes, the body will follow" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with that, I find first thing the tank is empty and the workout is weak, late at night I'm tired and then cannot sleep because I am buzzing. I would to see if there are any other external factors disrupting your sleep?

Whether it will affect your results is difficult to answer, what is more likely to affect it is poor sleep and rest periods IMO
    I'm battling my inner ectomorph

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Later in the day you will have more energy iMO.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Appetite has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SNB View Post
    Does it really matter if you workout in the MORNING or, at NIGHT before bed? Do you get better results with one or the other? I've been working out in the morning mostly but some nights when I can't get to sleep (which seems to be happening a lot lately) I have been doing some H.I.I.T. before bed to help me sleep and I'm curious if it will affect my results any. Thanks in advance for your responses
    I tend to go to the gym at 8 or 9 pm. Sometimes finishing as late as 10:30. I never have any trouble sleeping.

If I were to workout in the morning I would have to have a very large breakfast then wait for an hour or so before working out. We can just about tell how long it takes to digest food but who knows how long it takes for your body to replenish muscle glycogen stores. Better to get a full days good nutrition in before your workout in my opinion.
    My powerlifting and death/thrash metal log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141720221&p=843503391&posted=1#post843503391

Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000) Phil2009 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A theory suggests that before sleep is good because human growth hormone in your body peaks about 1 hour into full sleep.

But I doubt that it would make much of a difference to be honest. Whenever you feel you can get the most out of yourself would be the best time.

bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdulany is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WO when your energy levels is high. To me, most of the time it is in the morning and sometimes afternoon; anything past 5pm sucks for me.
    blake

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The best time is whenever you can regularly work out. Your body will also learn to adapt a bit to your routine. So if you can only make it in the morning, then your body will start to learn to prime itself to be ready in the morning.

In a M&F a year or two ago, I read abuot a small study that was done. An AM workout group and a PM workout group. Everything was teh same, aside from morning or evening workouts. The evening crowd lost like 2% more BF and gained a few more pounds of muscle by the end of the study, over the morning crowd.

The possible reasons behind this: in the morning is when your testosterone is the highest, however your estrogen is elevated as well. By evening, the testosterone has lowered, but estrogen even more so, creating a larger spread between the two. Also your metabolism is fastest in the morning, and starts to slow at night. So by working out at night, you pick up a slowing metabolism and get it firing again when it would normally be slower.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is no "best" time other than when you have the time open and have the energy to have a productive session. Now you could get cute and try to schedule it around your biorhythms, body temperature, hormonal fluctuations etc.. dependant upon goals, but the most important part is showing up.

That said, intense exercise later in the day can provide a metabolic uptick at a time when your metabolism is naturally slowing. But on the flip side, elevated cortisol from intense exercise can interfere with melatonin secretion and can lead to sleep disturbances [so ask yourself do you wake up the next morning feeling rested when you do exercise late].
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tolkaNo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    mind muscle connection seems to be better at night, i dont know why