Marklopez1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Marklopez1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

cardio and losing fat. i need some info.

Alright so i currently weight in at 198. i have a alright build i am not flabby i need to get my body fat percentage though maybe ill do it tomorrow. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and usually do about 10 min of cardio to get the blood flowing and have a hour and half workout. i noticed that the belly and the fat around my chest is not going anywhere so i decided to just to cardio. now i am lifting for 40 minutes and doing an hour of cardio when i am in the gym, usually eliptical because i have a knee injury. I just wanted to know how much cardio should i be doing a day? some people tell me first thing in the morning is great because it burns the fat right off...? any tips, ideas, supplement recommendation would be appreciated. I want too cutt down to 175 or even 170 shredded. i am only 5'10 so i hate looking stocky.

Jamesnz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jamesnz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Really you can't get enough of cardio it will boost your metabolism, but there are two pitfalls that just cardio can do.
    Firstly you will find your body will adapt to what you are doing and start allocating just the amount of energy it needs to get that done so step it up, try running faster for 5mins then slow it down and jog for the rest, or add an extra 2mins at the end, keep evolving.
    The other is that immediatly after your run your metabolism will start to climb, it will peak (the level will depend on your fitness level) then drop off.

So basicly it will help but a better plan is to not only raise your metabolism for the hours following your workout but keep it higher so that while you are not doing anything you will be burning extra calories.

What i've found that has boosted this is increasing my lean muscle mass, and the best way i've found doing that was combining unassisted weight training with interval training.
    by unassisted I normally bypass the machines, grab a swiss ball and some dumb bells and use that, it builds core and stabiliser muscle groups that otherwise are not used with some machines.

Suppliment wise, I used to use a fatburner but didn't really see that much of a change to me when I wasn't using it...but then again everyone is different so what worked for me might not do it for you.

Time to do cardio, everyone is different, I do mine later at night only as it suits me, and I don't like running in the morning on an empty stomach.

Hope that makes sense and helps in some way, if you want more info please feel free to drop me a message