Registered User ChaoticReignPbt's Avatar
    ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Soreness where chest connects to shoulder.

Well I have soreness at the front of my armpit on my right shoulder that lingers slightly longer than the left after a chest day and then is felt again the second I bench again. It doesn't seem to hurt my lifts much but it shows up every time I do pressing movements with a barbell. It's a dull ache that always seems present with enough weight.

There was never anything abrupt about it either. It showed up slowly over the course of a few months when I was making good gains, particularly when my form was less than stellar towards the end of workouts.

I took 4 months off from benching and came back about 2 months ago. I've been taking my time and maintaining good form to ease back into things but just recently getting back up to getting a few reps out of 235 I feel it again.

I've done tons of internet searches and never found a specific condition or ways to help. Any advice?

nate91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go see a physiotherapist?

ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yah definitely go to the doc... I hurt my pec a few times, and did not give myself proper recoop time... Though it was months later, I tore 80% of my left pec benching and had to have surgery 2 months ago... Get into the doc, if possible try to get an MRI, and make sure that you don't have a minor tear... That is worst case scenario, but better safe than sorry...

WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WhySoSerious? has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bro do u know how much MRI costs lol
    you are looking at 800 Dollars

ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChaoticReignPbt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I probably can't afford an MRI but if the condition persists I'm definately going to the doc. It's just a dull ache right now and generally goes away completely during the week. I'm going to ice it and be careful for this week. If I feel up to chest day on friday I'm going to bring my grip in to take some stress off the chest. And I'm going to go light. If the ache stays and it becomes clear that it is once again strained I'm going to have to take a break I guess.

This whole situation has me pretty down as I feel I'm never going to be able to reach my goals.

Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tony_S has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i get that too when i left really heavy on barbell bench

it's normal. gets sore and goes away

Registered User c r a z y r a y's Avatar
    c r a z y r a y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c r a z y r a y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c r a z y r a y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) c r a z y r a y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChaoticReignPbt View Post
    Well I have soreness at the front of my armpit on my right shoulder that lingers slightly longer than the left after a chest day and then is felt again the second I bench again. It doesn't seem to hurt my lifts much but it shows up every time I do pressing movements with a barbell. It's a dull ache that always seems present with enough weight.

There was never anything abrupt about it either. It showed up slowly over the course of a few months when I was making good gains, particularly when my form was less than stellar towards the end of workouts.

I took 4 months off from benching and came back about 2 months ago. I've been taking my time and maintaining good form to ease back into things but just recently getting back up to getting a few reps out of 235 I feel it again.

I've done tons of internet searches and never found a specific condition or ways to help. Any advice?
    Could be DCR, look at the 330+ post thread that's circulating in this forum. If its a CHRONIC thing, which it looks like since it hasn't gone away, you gotta see a doctor for a proper diagnosis.

Not worth it to mess around.

ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WhySoSerious? View Post
    bro do u know how much MRI costs lol
    you are looking at 800 Dollars
    Health insurance bro, it's called a deductible... If you don't have insurance I agree it might be excessive...

Soreness is gone for the moment. I fear it will be back friday though. I'm debating on whether or not I want to try a closer grip to remove some stress from the chest.

Lot of people seem to be having chest issues with barbell lately and it's scaring me. Barbell bench is probably my favorite lift and I'm going to be crushed if I have to quit on it and stick to dumbbells. I've always felt I lose so much power when I go to dumbbells.