Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jeisenberg View Post
    Actually, when you get to college, they don't recommend you doing the military press. There are alot of injuries to the shoulder from people doing this exercise wrong so Most college strength coaches take this lift out and supplement it with other lifts.

It's not that people are doing the exercise wrong, it's more about the wrisk/reward of the exercise and specificity of the movement in correlation to the sport training for.

For example, football players are never pushing extreme loads vertically above their heads, therefore it wouldn't be necessary to do that exercise. Also to put such a heavy load on such vulnerable joints (glenohumeral) would do more harm than good.

One the other hand push press and push jerk are great exercises for power. This exercises uses a leg drive to get the weight up vertically and therefore is much safer. It SHOULD be done on a platform because if someone can not lock the weight out, they should just throw it down and step back.
    B.S. Exercise Science, CSCS, NASM-CPT, CES

jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by The_LB_43 View Post
    1) strong first post
    2) strong rep pwer
    3) did u try 2 rep or neg me?
    Actually, it's probably a bit stronger than a 16 year old, who hasn't experienced anything and who "THINKS" he knows everything. Give me a break...a 16 year old h.s. kid is giving advice...wait till you play college ball and then we can talk.

And yes, I did neg you...most of your posts are b.s.

jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bigrob45 View Post
    It's not that people are doing the exercise wrong, it's more about the wrisk/reward of the exercise and specificity of the movement in correlation to the sport training for.

For example, football players are never pushing extreme loads vertically above their heads, therefore it wouldn't be necessary to do that exercise. Also to put such a heavy load on such vulnerable joints (glenohumeral) would do more harm than good.

One the other hand push press and push jerk are great exercises for power. This exercises uses a leg drive to get the weight up vertically and therefore is much safer. It SHOULD be done on a platform because if someone can not lock the weight out, they should just throw it down and step back.
    Bump. Excellent post. I know most of my college coaches...ie, Boyd Epley...look him up LB 43, you may learn something...said it was because it could cause injury to the shoulder and alot of people didn't know how to do it correctly and safely.
    Last edited by jeisenberg; 11-23-2008 at 07:55 PM.

The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    ^ what the **** man idk who u think u are but i dont say i know everything and i dont walk around like i do know it all . and look at ALL my posts bitch i give legit advice unless im just jokin around with ppl and yea strong neg with that 0 rep power
    I rep U.S. Marines on sight.

9/26 - 165lb, 245 bench, 345 squat, 430 deadlift ,205 powerclean, 4.75 40, Must haz moar speedz and x-plosion :(

5'6" and completly flat-footed with almost 0% arch
    Rugby right now...hopefully can be a runningback next year for football
    Everyone wants to fight until they get punched in the mouth
    Negged because I refused to nuthug a cocky f*ggot

^ what the **** man idk who u think u are but i dont say i know everything and i dont walk around like i do know it all . and look at ALL my posts bitch i give legit advice unless im just jokin around with ppl and yea strong neg with that 0 rep power
    You give bu@@$&!t advice most of the time....Bitch.

wait till you get to college...wait, that's if you get to college...lol.

The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Bump. Excellent post. I know most of my college coaches...ie, Boyd Epley...look him up LB 43, you may learn something...said it was because it could cause injury to the shoulder and alot of people didn't know how to do it correctly and safely.
    yea and i was coached by bear bryant and steve spurrier...jsut cause i say it online dont make it true, numbnuts

9/26 - 165lb, 245 bench, 345 squat, 430 deadlift ,205 powerclean, 4.75 40, Must haz moar speedz and x-plosion :(

JoinDate: April 2008
    Stats: 5'10, 220

Why dont u go pick up your kids frum school and get on the treadmill you old basterd
    no avitar, no pics, no vids, stfu and get out MY forum
    EDIT: corey, and FB7, and everybody on this forum. if i EVER turn 30-sumthing, and start bull****ting online and calling a 16yr old names and bickering with them, PLEASE shoot me into teh sea or leave me for the misc or sum **** this is pathetic

JoinDate: April 2008
    Stats: 5'10, 220

Why dont u go pick up your kids frum school and get on the treadmill you old basterd
    no avitar, no pics, no vids, stfu and get out MY forum
    EDIT: corey, and FB7, and everybody on this forum. if i EVER turn 30-sumthing, and start bull****ting online and calling a 16yr old names and bickering with them, PLEASE shoot me into teh sea or leave me for the misc or sum **** this is pathetic
    You're too stupid to be coached by Spurrier, he would want his kids to actually be able to lift some weight...plus his kids know how to stfu. Maybe someday you will learn something if you just shut your mouth up and listen.

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by shughes123 View Post
    Care to elaborate on that?
    Two points to that.

One is personal preference. Heavier weight on the bar = added tension = a bitch of shoulder pain (talking about my situation). I've found that sub'n in with DB's is much easier on the cuff. When you use BB, your shoulder joint will face away which causes your shoulder joints to close off which can cause impingement. This is why I personally prefer DB's over BB's in the military, due to the available alternation between grips. You will see a lot of PL's who are prone to shoulder injuries later in their careers due to impringement's performing variations, but closing themselves from the bar. It can be debated, but I feel as if you get the same benefits from DB as you do BB, with less sides. Not detailed on the subject, but going off a lot of bro science has helped me with my own personal conclusion.
    Last edited by Fullback7; 11-23-2008 at 09:51 PM.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You're too stupid to be coached by Spurrier, he would want his kids to actually be able to lift some weight...plus his kids know how to stfu. Maybe someday you will learn something if you just shut your mouth up and listen.
    You're 31 years old, and you're arguing with a 16 year old kid.... Seriously? First off... You're 31. Second off, a 16 year old kid isn't going to listen to someone who is 31.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

lift hard, rock loud TheSovereign's Avatar
    TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheSovereign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have heard that the chocolate in milk depletes the calcium supply, but i've never seen first hand any studies done on the subject.
    "It always hurts when you go as hard as you can" -Keith Bontrager

"Self destruction is the key" - Tyler Durden

"We like nightmares, they prepare us for the coming reality" - Jordan Vezina

My Journal --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113090321

WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fullback7 View Post
    You're 31 years old, and you're arguing with a 16 year old kid.... Seriously? First off... You're 31. Second off, a 16 year old kid isn't going to listen to someone who is 31.
    lol those poor high school coaches.

sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by djwolford View Post
    I think it also has a great protein/fat/carb ratio for workout recovery. Could be wrong about that one though.

Edit: http://www.fitfiend.com/article-detail.html?id=144

Protein Content

Post-workout chocolate milk is beneficial because of its protein content. Every cup contains between 8 and 11 grams of protein, with the Clover and Bravo Foods brands containing the most. Ideally, you?ll want to consume between 15 g and 25 g of protein after a workout, which equates to 500 ml to 750 ml of chocolate milk.

Also, a study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that, when taken immediately after exercise, milk-based proteins promote greater muscle protein synthesis than soy-based proteins.

Finally, another reason why post-workout chocolate milk is beneficial is because cow?s milk contains about 80% casein protein content and 20% whey protein content. This is ideal because the whey protein is fast-acting, allowing amino acids to get right into the muscle tissue, while the casein protein is digested slower, providing a steady stream of amino acids over a lengthier period of time.
    Carbohydrate Content

Turning to post-workout chocolate milk immediately following your lifting sessions is a smart move because of the types of carbohydrates it provides. The total carbohydrate count will vary depending upon the brand you choose, with most coming in around 20-25 grams of carbohydrates. The highest carb count is found in Hershey?s 2% Chocolate Milk, which rings in at 31 grams, while Hood?s Calorie Countdown 2% Chocolate Milk has the lowest carb count (5 grams).

This sugar will cause a spike in insulin levels, driving the glucose molecules into the muscle tissue, and replenishing the energy stores for your next workout. Without this insulin spike, you?re going to be looking at a slower recovery period, which could mean more time out of the gym.

A study by the International Journal of Sports Nutrition had subjects perform three interval-style, exhaustion workout sessions on separate days, and then monitored the recovery that was demonstrated. The subjects either consumed chocolate milk post-workout or a carbohydrate replacement fluid.

It was seen that after the recovery period was over, those who were drinking post-workout chocolate milk showed enhanced performance between the interval sessions, indicating that the carbohydrates in chocolate milk were doing a better job in recovery than the carbohydrates in the replacement beverage.
    Calcium Content

Finally, drinking post-workout chocolate milk is a smart move because of its calcium content. Calcium is one of the minerals that plays a critical role in the ?power stroke? -- when the individual muscle fibers generate tension through a cross-bridge cycling pattern, causing contraction to take place. The calcium ions are what bind to the plasma membrane and send one of the first signals to stimulate the power stroke. So, without enough calcium ions in the body, this process will not take place optimally.

By drinking post-workout chocolate milk you will increase your daily calcium intake, and increase the likelihood of an optimal power stroke. Most brands average between 300 mg and 400 mg of calcium, but if you opt for Hershey?s Chocolate Milk, you?ll get 500 mg per cup.
    wtf at some brands habving 11 grams per cup? link?

man take this shi.t to the 35+ Section, you ****phile

5 Months Of Training Left Linebacker37's Avatar
    Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Linebacker37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol if you have proper form on the military press then it wont injure you. it can jack up your rotator cuffs if your not careful though lol

shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shughes123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fullback7 View Post
    Two points to that.

One is personal preference. Heavier weight on the bar = added tension = a bitch of shoulder pain (talking about my situation). I've found that sub'n in with DB's is much easier on the cuff. When you use BB, your shoulder joint will face away which causes your shoulder joints to close off which can cause impingement. This is why I personally prefer DB's over BB's in the military, due to the available alternation between grips. You will see a lot of PL's who are prone to shoulder injuries later in their careers due to impringement's performing variations, but closing themselves from the bar. It can be debated, but I feel as if you get the same benefits from DB as you do BB, with less sides. Not detailed on the subject, but going off a lot of bro science has helped me with my own personal conclusion.
    Heh, I misinterpreted your post and thought you meant all vertical pressing was to be avoided. You're right, for an in-season athlete, DB presses with a neutral grip would be easier on the shoulders. And good example of the of the powerlifters shoulder impingements. That's why many prefer the use of cambered bars and the safety bar in training.

Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Farmboy56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ALOT of colleges are giving milk instead of musclemilk or other premixes is simply the cost. Protein is protein, I dont care how you look at it or who you are. When it boils down to it, its either going to digest quickly or slowly and your body is going to be wanting it after a workout.

So after a workout, why not just give out 2 cartons of chocolate milk costing maybe 50 cents for both rather than giving out a $2 pre-mix shake.

Although the milk we get doesn't have any fat in it and as we all know, there are 3 things needed for building muscles after a workout.....protein, carbs, and fat.
    6'5" 290lbs=YES I WILL EAT YOUR CHILDREN!!!

djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) djwolford has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sickonstorm View Post
    wtf at some brands habving 11 grams per cup? link?
    http://cloverstornetta.com/show/xmls...acljifdedpaek/

and

http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...e-milk-i105414

Originally Posted by Linebacker37 View Post
    lol if you have proper form on the military press then it wont injure you. it can jack up your rotator cuffs if your not careful though lol
    Wat? You just contradicted yourself in two sentences.. LOL.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dgcoats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wait... how is the military press dangerous, but the push jerk isn't? People use more weight on the jerk than press, so shouldn't more weight=greater chance of injury?
    http://voidempathy.blogspot.com/
    It has words and stuff

HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you look at the choco milk like any ordinary sports drink you'll see

-it has a good ratio of carbsrotein
    -good amount of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, calcium)
    -fat is optional
    -has calcium which is essential for muscle fiber contraction, which most sports drinks do not have
    -whey is derived from none other than.. milk! wow!
    -has casein AND whey woohoo!
    -doesn't cost much and it's convenient yay!

^...whut brand yal talken bout?

adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoniscomplex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    this thread seems silly
    the ideal pwo shake is protein and carbs right
    so whats wrong with low fat chocolate milk ?
    especially considering the non gym rat doesnt want to drink protein shakes

also overhead pressing is fine unless you have internal rotation of the humus
    most plers have this probelm and thats why they have rotator cuff problems
    the internal rotation is creating the impingment not the overhead pressing
    which is a natural movment our bodies were ment to do
    Last edited by adoniscomplex; 11-28-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mundy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1...ubmed_RVDocSum

Milk: the new sports drink? A Review.
    Roy BD.
    J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2008 Oct 2;5:15.

ABSTRACT: There has been growing interest in the potential use of bovine milk as an exercise beverage, especially during recovery from resistance training and endurance sports. Based on the limited research, milk appears to be an effective post-resistance exercise beverage that results in favourable acute alterations in protein metabolism. Milk consumption acutely increases muscle protein synthesis, leading to an improved net muscle protein balance. Furthermore, when post-exercise milk consumption is combined with resistance training (12 weeks minimum), greater increases in muscle hypertrophy and lean mass have been observed. Although research with milk is limited, there is some evidence to suggest that milk may be an effective post-exercise beverage for endurance activities. Low-fat milk has been shown to be as effective, if not more effective, than commercially available sports drinks as a rehydration beverage. Milk represents a more nutrient dense beverage choice for individuals who partake in strength and endurance activities, compared to traditional sports drinks. Bovine low-fat fluid milk is a safe and effective post exercise beverage for most individuals, except for those who are lactose intolerant. Further research is warranted to better delineate the possible applications and efficacy of bovine milk in the field of sports nutrition.

I want to ride my bicycle jwsarge23's Avatar
    jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jwsarge23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cheaper and better tasting than mixing whey into Gatorade, also no HFCS. Good source of protein and carbs. Plus, they might be hoping all the 'roids and GH given to the cows will leech through.

Basing any knowledge on a HS coach is scary though, similar to the GNC guy.
    Last edited by jwsarge23; 02-14-2009 at 02:55 PM.

pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pumped12 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    omy senior we had a come in and gave us tips and said chocolate milk 30 minutes after practice was better than gatorade or anything because he said it replaces elecrolytes and everything you lose when you have practice
    6'5 285ibs

Boomer Sooner.

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    found this interesting ive read 16oz of choc milk post workout is sufficent then having a meal 1hr later packed with healthy fats is helpful to answer the fat question to keep that test flowing better sat fats do that best when bulking i had 16oz choc milk add a lil choc whey for extra protein then 1.5hrs later had some chicken breast cooked in seasame oil and some almonds and spinach worked for me..went from 100lb skinny boy to 145lbs stil kinda small lol but im getting there
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000) IGF-WON is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TheWaffleIron View Post
    Why do strength and conditioning coaches give football players chocolate milk postWO?

It is a severe misapplication of research. How did it come into vogue?
    because people read an article and apply it broadly to athletes in general. I dont know about high-level coaches but lower level ones and high school ones generally dont know as much as they think they do. When an article comes along showing something like this they latch onto it without thinking about what is being said and think theyve found the key to success... or something
    Dude your sig is so cool. - xl achilles lx

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118731061

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    wild, simple guess would be....fast acting carbs + protein + calories = PWO profit? Its just a simple alternative to a protein shake Im thinking...a lot easier to ensure that your football team each has a choc milk after training than trying to make sure they all go out and buy protein powder and mix it with 50grams of carbs for PWO etc...
    Official Rugby training thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291