Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    TarekElTabey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Check my RDL PLEASE! thx :)

Sorry guys didn't want to start a new thread (tell me if I have to)

I'm following Fierce 5 novice workout routine. I should be doing the Romanian here:

Video: https:/ /instagram.com/p/8q6TefClbq/

But after seeing many videos and articles I'm afraid I'm doing something else..

If I don't trust the process of Fierce 5 I was going to ask which deadlift goes well with the front squat, but I guess David did a good job with the program. So I just need to get my Romanian Deadlift RIGHT!

THANKS

mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mlgpro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Unfortunately, my proportions do not allow me to deadlift conventionally without my back rounding. I have extremely short arms and a long torso.
    ****Always reps back crew

jackmci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackmci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackmci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jackmci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great video, thanks for the share.

AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexiosD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you for this post man, i have a question.

I am doing RDL usually, and i try to make my back as straight as possible but my bar never goes that low. Is that the reason my hands are short or my legs are not flexible? Or should i lower the weight and push glutes as further out as possible?

Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rodman1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    excellent guidelines, I could not ask for anything better

carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50) carlsonjp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Checked the links and didn't see the information as in the link below. Some good info to help choose conventianal or sumo, problems of lifters with different body types have, rounding the back, etc.

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/pow...deadlift-form/

EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) EllieJohn8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great post

anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) anuragray006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks a lot for these awesome videos

cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cacad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    https://youtu.be/Ch_As0EkGeE

I feel like my technique is **** like I lift with lower back mostly and straight legs.
    We'r all gonna make it brah's.

Paramedic
    Combat engineer
    Eastern Europe

Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This thread has helped me a ton!!

Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank you for this thread.

I did read through it all, watched all the videos and did read through the journal. I apologize if this is answered somewhere else, I wasn't able to find it. I've never done a DL, I'm just getting back into lifting after years off, and had an injury many years ago which left me paralyzed for ~ 8 months. I just want to be sure I fully understand before I go ahead and try to incorporate it into my workout.

The only thing I have a question about is the lockout at the top of the movement. I've seen people kind of push their hips forward, push their shoulders back, kinda swing both, and the odd few that have a more neutral postural position at the top. It makes sense to me if your keeping your back tight through the whole movement that you would stop at the top in that more neutral position without any other additional movement, but just because I think it makes sense doesn't mean it's right. Would you please clarify the correct positioning for the top lockout.

Thank you
    When you know yourself, you are empowered.
    When you accept yourself, you are invincible.

My journal - Ohhh... That's where that went! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170313441

drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drewkocak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Todayisforme View Post
    Thank you for this thread.

I did read through it all, watched all the videos and did read through the journal. I apologize if this is answered somewhere else, I wasn't able to find it. I've never done a DL, I'm just getting back into lifting after years off, and had an injury many years ago which left me paralyzed for ~ 8 months. I just want to be sure I fully understand before I go ahead and try to incorporate it into my workout.

The only thing I have a question about is the lockout at the top of the movement. I've seen people kind of push their hips forward, push their shoulders back, kinda swing both, and the odd few that have a more neutral postural position at the top. It makes sense to me if your keeping your back tight through the whole movement that you would stop at the top in that more neutral position without any other additional movement, but just because I think it makes sense doesn't mean it's right. Would you please clarify the correct positioning for the top lockout.

Thank you
    Before lockout, many people will have their upper backs rounded a bit when DLing heavy weights. Thus, they "push" their shoulders back so that they return to a neutral position instead of being hunched over. Ideally, you wouldn't be hunched over or have upper back rounding, but at maximal weights, it's pretty inevitable.

There are some funky looking lockouts out there though where the lifter will drop their scapulae but still keep their shoulders hunched forward at the top, and many of those are still considered valid lifts. Its pretty subjective honestly. If he/she looks like they completed the lift, it's pretty much considered completed. Just like squat depth is subjective and less/more strictly judged in different powerlifting federations.
    NASM CPT / Online Coach (PM Me)
    PRs: 307B / 420S / 565ConvDL / 520SumoDL

Latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLz3VXY1uHU

Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thank you that helps
    When you know yourself, you are empowered.
    When you accept yourself, you are invincible.

My journal - Ohhh... That's where that went! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170313441

boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100) boddyboss is not very well liked. (-100)
    Very helpful. Thanks for sharing!
    We were researching about body buildding http://no1workoutplan.blogspot.com/

musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice videos thanks

agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) agc8 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by drewkocak View Post
    Before lockout, many people will have their upper backs rounded a bit when DLing heavy weights. Thus, they "push" their shoulders back so that they return to a neutral position instead of being hunched over. Ideally, you wouldn't be hunched over or have upper back rounding, but at maximal weights, it's pretty inevitable.

There are some funky looking lockouts out there though where the lifter will drop their scapulae but still keep their shoulders hunched forward at the top, and many of those are still considered valid lifts. Its pretty subjective honestly. If he/she looks like they completed the lift, it's pretty much considered completed. Just like squat depth is subjective and less/more strictly judged in different powerlifting federations.
    I've noticed that at the gym and in some videos. I try to make sure my back is always straight during the pause. And to never be holding onto the weight hunched over unless I'm about to put it on the ground and let go. Even then my back is as straight as I can make it.

Squats...there was a Mike O-Hearn video about squatting depth. Powerlifters have to drop their butts almost to their ankles. Bodybuilders inline with knees (90 degree, legs).

Sometimes you see guys doing "cheat squats". Quads not parallel to the floor. Or a degree or two below that. Putting a chair or box at the right height as a marker is a good idea.

Imperius99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    am I doing everything ok?

I'm a beginner, this was with 80kg total weight on the bar, didn't really have too much problems. And yes, I know that during the lift I arched my back incorrectly, other than that, the way my knees are bent and back positioning etc, is that fine? Or am I missing anything?

this are two screenshots of a video:

RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RDOG21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what about "spotting"?? LOL, had to share this vid

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011 broken L5 vertebrae

2016 L5-S1 spinal fusion. 2 rods, 4 screws, and bone graft from my hip.

Recovery!! [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7i2NUrtH4E[/url]

NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) NLSTrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some of my deadlifts with really long back and previous back injuries with compressed discs. You can still do it but you have to be extra careful and really maintain the neutral spine.

www.notsogifted.com how to transform you body naturally, and make training your lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp6m-kuCNnhtWCxW51awCmg Training and nutrition videos

wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Subbing, to come back and fix form ... keep tweaking my back
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171245071&pagenumber=

Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xhuljan01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How much can you deadlift ??

Location: Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    IvanGregory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What would you recommend for a person who has troubles with his knees, should he even try out doing deadlifts and are there any safer alternatives to this exercise!?

fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fglamar2020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have an issue with my right knee.. especially when it comes to squats. That being said, I just take it slowly and work that area best I can for anything involving squatting down. I've noticed that when I start to feel a little pain in the bad knee, I will comp a little weight with the opposite and get a feel for it. It's all about knowing your limitations I guess... Take things easy/slow and just get a feel for it. There are always ways to either improve or completely work around most existing weakness.

vsab1987 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beginner Deadlift Working On Form Looking For Feedback

I'm a beginner dead lifter and I am trying to work on proper form, this lift is 225lb for 3 reps, I was doing 7 sets, this is one of the sets in the middle. I know my back arches a bit at the start been working on trying to improve that and also to control the weight on the way down with proper form. Looking for all feedback so I can improve my lift! Height 5'10" weight 175"

youtube.com/edit?video_id=vn0dd3ObigE&video_referrer=watch

wont let me post direct link since i havent posted enough

cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cctaylor311 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Informative post

haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) haikaldingle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sdbolts512 View Post
    whenever i go heavy in deadlifts I feel an intense pulling on my shoulders and it feels like it might tear if I execute it too quickly. I use straps to help with grip but im wondering how I can avoid this.
    You might wanna start the first half of the lift more from your glutes and thighs to eliminate the arm movement at the start. Go slow off the floor and finish quick past the knee. Currently, it sounds like you're pulling off from your arms.
    I won't use the forum to promote my channel

EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000) EvFit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great post!
    PrettyFit Co-Founder
    Former Wildland Firefighter

THE 'EARTH' WITHOUT 'ART' IS JUST 'EH'

PrettyFit
    https://store.imprettyfit.com/

Instagram:
    @imprettyfit

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vsab1987 View Post
    I'm a beginner dead lifter and I am trying to work on proper form, this lift is 225lb for 3 reps, I was doing 7 sets, this is one of the sets in the middle. I know my back arches a bit at the start been working on trying to improve that and also to control the weight on the way down with proper form. Looking for all feedback so I can improve my lift! Height 5'10" weight 175"

youtube.com/edit?video_id=vn0dd3ObigE&video_referrer=watch

wont let me post direct link since i havent posted enough
    https://youtu.be/KSZogPDS9c0

iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100) iii211 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks for the post

Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ginaathletic has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The videos are very helpful. Awesome!