Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
    ginnis14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Very dull lower back pain.

I’m a novice lifter and have been experiencing a very dull, nagging pain in my lower back presumably due to deadlifts. I still have full flexibility though and the pain rarely shows up. I almost don’t even notice it. I have taken videos of my deadlifts (I do reps of a heavy weight for me until I feel like a want to die) and have maintained a neutral spine the entire time. My limiting factor on my last reps are my hamstrings and calves so I have little problem maintaining a neutral spine. I want to make sure I am not killing my back.
    Edit: for some reason it says I am 50 in the post details. Not sure how to edit that. I am 17.
    Last edited by ginnis14; 09-29-2020 at 05:55 PM.

GiftedAmateur is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hamstring pain from deadlifting

My hamstrings always hurt after deadlifting, usually for several days. The pain is quite sharp, compared to the other muscle groups. It might be that they are the weakest muscle group for me, or my lack of flexibility in them. I have tried everything to get more flexible, but just nothing seems to have worked over the years. But I have definitely made some progress strengthening my lower back and other muscles in the process.

I try to follow the advice not to arch my back, to keep it in the straight line, which in turn, as a result of the anterior pelvic tilt makes my hamstrings tighter while performing the exercise.

So the question is, is it more likely that the pain comes from my lack of flexibility, pulling my hamstrings too much while deadlifting or simply lack of strength in them. The question also is, how big a contributor the hamstrings really are in the movement. They might very well be crucial for the exercise and their lack of strength might be really problematic, but I simply wonder why the hamstrings should even be such a big deal for the movement. My understanding is they are simply some kind of stabilizers but don't really do most of the work. My assumption could be wrong, though. During the exercise, my hamstrings don't even hurt. It always happens the next day. So my issue is if it was the pulling, I might consider abandoning the exercise as it could damage my hamstrings, but if it is the strength issue, I might be able to simply strengthen them enough over time by continuing the exercise. They are pretty tight during the movement, but I wouldn't necessarily call it pain. On the other hand, if I ignored the pain coming from the lack of flexibility, the issue might never be fixed as muscles naturally tend to protect themselves from damage by pulling on them, thus always getting back to where they were before the aggressive pulling. As I understand it, pain already means damage. What do you think is more likely to cause the pain?
    Last edited by GiftedAmateur; 11-17-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: clarification

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It's actually good that you feel it most in your hamstrings because they are the main mover (along with the glutes) for this exercise.

Flexibility is something that is misunderstood and often overrated in terms of injury prevention. It does sound like there is an issue with tissue condition however. Do you ever get cramps or twinges in your hamstrings in response to fast jerky movements like changing direction while running?

It might pay to use Romanian deadlifts for a while. Learn the true range of motion of your hamstrings without rounding your lower back (hint - you probably won't go much below the kneecap if you really are keeping your lower back fixed). Do these for higher rep (8-15) smooth reps with a moderate load for a while until you've built strength throughout the range of movement.

kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Any advice for doing SLDL below 135 lbs? Starting at 95 with 25lb plates and worried about being able to stand with straightish/stiff legs and a flat/arched back.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kharneth View Post
    Any advice for doing SLDL below 135 lbs? Starting at 95 with 25lb plates and worried about being able to stand with straightish/stiff legs and a flat/arched back.
    1. With the bar on the ground bend forward and grab it with bent knees.
    2. Fix your back so that your spine is flat. Focus on pulling lats back hard too.
    3. Straighten your knees as much as possible without your back losing it's tightness and position. Knees will probably still have some bend (mine do).
    4. lift... you might straighten your knees at the top but try to remember the starting position and return to it.

kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kharneth has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    1. With the bar on the ground bend forward and grab it with bent knees.
    2. Fix your back so that your spine is flat. Focus on pulling lats back hard too.
    3. Straighten your knees as much as possible without your back losing it's tightness and position. Knees will probably still have some bend (mine do).
    4. lift... you might straighten your knees at the top but try to remember the starting position and return to it.
    Thanks!

Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100) Pokitren is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Flexibility is something that is misunderstood and often overrated in terms of injury prevention. It does sound like there is an issue with tissue condition however. Do you ever get cramps or twinges in your hamstrings in response to fast jerky movements like changing direction while running?
    I had cramps in such exercises. Now I understand why. Thank you, I will use your recommendations.

togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000) togijog is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Great tutorial, the single-leg deadlift is one exercise I will be incorporating in my workouts on leg day.

Registered User allbodybuilding's Avatar
    allbodybuilding is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lose belly fat in 7 days

LOSE BELLY FAT IN 7 DAYS *************.us/7874511

itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100) itsannie is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thank you for sharing this detailed explanation of the halting deadlift! It's great to see that you are paying attention to the specific mechanics of the lift and targeting the muscles involved in the initial part of the pull. The video you shared is also helpful in visualizing the movement. Keep up the good work in your training and best of luck in reaching your fitness goals!

sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100) sanketbachke is not very well liked. (-100)
    One of the most important and most difficult exercises...Ive been bending my knee the whole time

adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) adigpt is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

body fitness related article

here you can check the body fitness related blog and article to stay fit. in this blog you will find diet workout and other fitness related answer of your daily query that is very essential to stay fit and nutrient rich body. bodyfitnessandyou[dot]blogspot [dot]com

fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fit40strong is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up Thumbs up!

Very educational! Great work!

Thanks for the post.
    Cheers to health and fitness!

My blog: https://fit40strong.blogspot.com/ 🤸‍♀💪

birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000)

Smile https://shrinke.us/Workout_73

Please visit this amazing workout video! Thank you for making the right decision!

birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000) birchkyle is a complete loser! (-2000)

https://shrinke.us/Workout_73

Best workout video!

Originally Posted by birchkyle View Post
    Best workout video!
    Please visit

Please visit this link!

Please visit this link! You will not regret it!

Please click on link.

Thumbs up https://shrinke.us/Workout_73

Please help out and click on link!

Thumbs up https://shrinke.us/Workout_73

Please click copy and paste link above!

Link is in title!

Visit link.

Visit!

Copy and paste

Visit please!

Visit link above

Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Juanluisizag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Push up tutorial

hello good morning prepared for the best exercises 💪 daily routine that will allow you the best results I leave here the following links to see the video

alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100) alexzo114 is not very well liked. (-100)
    great information, really answer all the questions you may have related to deadlifting,