Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
    typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Last edited by Iceman1800; 10-22-2017 at 05:25 AM.

YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000) YoungYetWise is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Thank you I need to work more on deadlifts lol
    Height: 5'6"/167cm
    Starting Weight: 190lb/86kg
    Current Weight: ?

My Experiences/Obstacles: Epilepsy, brain surgery, pacemaker, insulin resistance, reactive hypoglycemia, IBS, hypothyroid

"Every struggle is not a threat but an opportunity; a chance to grow and persevere. Do NOT let your struggles become your enemies."

typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) typeofdeadlift has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Deadlift, one of the most haunting words for any newbie in a gym. Most of the people consider deadlifting only for professionals and weightlifters, that’s the reason most people never try deadlifting.

Deadlifting is a proven exercise for intense muscle gain, more power, and stability. Deadlift is the best compound exercise, which works on your whole body.
    must read

M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    What's up deadlift people? This thread will attempt to cover deadlift basics, common mistakes, and also provide some useful information about other deadlift variations.

Here is the basic overview of the classic barbell deadlift.....
    Thanks for the detailed instructions

M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50) M2PK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by typeofdeadlift View Post
    Deadlift, one of the most haunting words for any newbie in a gym. Most of the people consider deadlifting only for professionals and weightlifters, that’s the reason most people never try deadlifting.

Deadlifting is a proven exercise for intense muscle gain, more power, and stability. Deadlift is the best compound exercise, which works on your whole body.
    must read
    I've been going to the gym for 2 months straight (doing deadlifts twice a week now, and squats also two days a week),
    Got so much stronger I can feel the energy and strength but growth is very slow.
    Do you think It's 2 months is too early to see any growth?

Karna69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Useful info thanks. My main concern is my back. Struggle to lift my chest up

1HumanTarget1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello ... I have been working out regularly for about 7 months now and currently I am following the vikings workout schedule. I don't have a coach in the gym so I always try to coach myself and check the proper form everytime.

Here is a video of me deadlifiting ... the bar have 80KG plates and I deadlift it 16 reps over 2 sets.... the question is: am I doing it right? and do you think I should increase the weight?

youtube.com/watch?v=OyukzOVRSX8

Thank you

Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexhel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For me, conventional deadlift has been rather useless. What is your goal? Hypertrophy-wise, it doesn't make much sense. Just another olympian style lift, like snatch, clean and jerk etc. It works explosiveness, primarily, even more so when focusing on low reps. It's a reason bodybuilders rely heavily on isolation, because it facilitates hypertrophy.

sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sammartin8935 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

*** Deadlifting 101: Instructional videos ***

You gotta take those necessary precautions.

ZENT00 ZENT00 ZENT00 ZENT00 ZENT00 ZENT00 ZENT00 ZENT00 ZENT00 ZENT00 ZENT00
    [QUOTE=Kiknskreem;248854821]The Rack Pull

The other half of this combination is the Rack pull, or partial deadlift. Unlike the Halting however, the rack pull is not perfectly analgous to the top half of the pull. A change in mechanics makes it a more effective exercise for both the hip extensor muscles (if the lift is being used as an assistance lift, as would athletes) AND the back if it is being used by a bodybuilder. The rack pull is more similar to the top of clean at the end of the first pull than a deadlift because of the desired forward shoulder position.

For general training purposes, the rack pull should begin from below the knee. Those who have experience with the lift may find it desireable to start higher, but it is my opinion that that is a decision best left to the trainee with some experience under their belt. 3-4" below the joint line is generally appropriate. If its all the way down to mid shin the point of the exercise is defeated.

Rack pulls are done off pins, typically inside a power rack. Basically opposite the Halting deadlift, the rack pull minimizes quad involvement while greatly loading all the hip extensors, hams, glutes, and back. Those who choose to start from a higher position than outlined here will likely feel it less in the hips and more in the back.

The trainee should assume the same width stance as they would for a regular deadlift but keep their shins closer to the bar than would be in a pull off the floor. The bar must be directly over the middle of the foot. The shin should be close to, but not exactly vertical. The shoulders will be in front of the bar and must remain there until the bar is well up the thigh. The back must be locked in rigid extension, chest up!

From this position the bar is pulled right up the leg, with the shoulders out over the bar, chest up, and knees held back with no forward movement. Once the bar gets to the point where the shoulder blades have rotated behind it the hips must be forcefully extended. The finish position is the same as for the deadlift.

The way the rack pull differs from the actual top of a deadlift off the floor is that the shoulders are out over the bar longer, which means the back is more horizontal. This is the result of the near vertical shin position, this ensures that the quads are eliminated and it is the hip extensors that move the bar. This more horizontal back angle is why the rack pull is such a great movement for the erectors, as well as just the magnitude of the load used.

Things to look out for would be letting the knees come forward as soon as they are passed by the bar, making the back angle morevertical and hitching the bar up the leg. You can do more weight like this because you get the opportunity to rebend the knee and let the quads contribute to the movement, but you do this at expense to nailing the muscles that you are trying to work with this exercise (hip extensors and back).

This is a rack pull described in the above manner, with the exception of a slightly higher than optimal start position. This was an equipment limitation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The credit for most all of this information goes to Mark Rippetoe. The above post is basically my interpretation of the material outlined in Starting Strength Volume 2. Those who have found it helpful I'd highly encourage to look into the book.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Very informative, thumbs UP

canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good question and following. At 47 years old and had a knee injury (2 full tears front and back of my meniscus) i have been leary of DL and Squats but love them. I am investing in some knee sleeves, i use a belt and might even get shoes anything to get an advantage or be safer. I'm thinking the weight and range of motion is the only thing that could be a problem. You could dl lighter weight for more reps and/or more often if it feels good. I'm going to push myself but be smart and let my knee tell me what it is ok with. There are lots of exercise that are similar db dl, low cable bar/handle raises, just bar and bands etc. Warm up right, know your range of motion and watch the weight!
    It's not about how much the guy beside me lifts!
    It's not about how much the girl beside me lifts!
    It's about me!

Angin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well, I do make an arch on my back to prevent my back to bend to the wrong side(the one that my lead to lumbar dic issue). Is it possible to make a 'too much arch'? I really rely on the arch to make sure that my back is not bending to other way, so instead of keeping my back straight as my cue, I use the arch as my cue which i end up with make it as curved as possible. Now I'm more concerned about I'm making the arch way too much. Can someone help me with this?

billp392 billp392 billp392 billp392 billp392 billp392 billp392 billp392 billp392 billp392 billp392
    This topic is way underrated. so many people are screwing themselves over because they do not do a deadlift the right way. I'm a perfect example

brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosefitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I deadlift I do my best to arch my back. Sometimes I think I do it too exaggerated. Is there any danger to exaggerating the back arch?
    SF crew

buoyan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bbb

mdelinski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great write up. See too many ego lifters with poor form. Wish I could play this on look in the gym!

Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100) Mpweb is not very well liked. (-100)
    great ideas for my exercise

bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100) bicepsnglutes is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks for the information!

poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100) poorMAN12 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Very nice, i like your video

Bleaked is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    This post reserved for possible future additions.
    There so many videos with the right exercises available now on youtube, that you can avoid the gyms. I think that at home maybe many will say that it is not so effective or productive, but I personally practice a lot of exercises at home and I am satisfied with the results. The main ideea here is that you should want it.

cpmonty8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks

FrotiGotti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can anyone tell me how is this method?
    What is bad and what is good?
    Thanks!

iDOTimgurDOTcom/CYGKBDsDOTmp4

mrlayhe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks

Praises to the most high! Agreements's Avatar
    Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agreements has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Today is back and biceps so just stopping by for my weekly visit. No straps or belt although I am considering purchasing straps for grip support.

whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10) whatithink is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I made a short video

I made a funny video on the deadlift some of you guys may enjoy

- youtu.be/A7ukRdjviZE

its supposed to be satirical and sarcastic, id like to know what you think id appreciate all the support i can get

colcore22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I keep getting lower back pain from deadlifting pretty much right when I get home from exercising. It's in my very lower back at the lumbosacral fascia. I believe I may have strained it slightly during a heavy deadlift a couple weeks ago from not bracing properly and now it hurts for 2-3 days after deadlifting. What is your advice to build back up the muscle without continuing to injure myself. Already planning on dropping the weight significantly for a few weeks now that it has become a reoccurring problem.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is a 200 lbs x 5 reps deadlift bad or acceptable for a beginner?

5 months gym, didn't deadlift every week
    6 feet height
    175 lbs weight

Simo90 Simo90 Simo90 Simo90 Simo90 Simo90 Simo90 Simo90 Simo90 Simo90 Simo90
    Personally, I've found that rack pulls are much more forgiving and I end up using a heavier weight as a result.

But maybe that's because I've preferred doing Romanian deadlifts for as long as I can remember.

Although going really heavy on this deadlift variation is kind of awkward since it feels like the weight can snap you in half any time. Anyone else trying to go quite heavy on Romanian deadlifts though?
    "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?" Matthew 16:26

BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoreDefer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the videos. Been using them for reference points since last December.

chubszekey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can you do deadlift using dumbbells only?