Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    I don't have any knowledge of weightlifter's headaches, but I know there has been some good discussion of that on Mark Rippetoes forum at Strength Mill forums.

See post 86.
    why don't you recommend it? i feel it a lot in my quads and lower back this way, that's how it's supposed to be right?

i do romanian deadlifts as well, and these hit the hams and glutes for me hard, so i don't need them hit with regular deads on top of that.

also, i don't squat.... so then for me personally maybe this way would be better?

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    why don't you recommend it? i feel it a lot in my quads and lower back this way, that's how it's supposed to be right?
    Quads are involved, but the deadlift is not a quad dominant lift. If you're trying to work your quads, there are better things to do than a watered down deadlift.

A trap bar deadlift, hack squat might, or other squat variant would probably be better.

Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    i do romanian deadlifts as well, and these hit the hams and glutes for me hard, so i don't need them hit with regular deads on top of that.
    You can't not hit those muscles with a deadlift.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Quads are involved, but the deadlift is not a quad dominant lift. If you're trying to work your quads, there are better things to do than a watered down deadlift.

A trap bar deadlift, hack squat might, or other squat variant would probably be better.

i still don't understand why it's considered a watered down deadlift....it hits all the muscles i want it to hit hard... and the movement feels good to me (doesnt feel uncomfortable or like im going to injure myself)

xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10) xaltair is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like doing stiff leg deadlifts at the end of my every workout, it really pushes the body to the max.

neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) neelyboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what do i do on my descent for the DL? i think this is why my lower back is usually sore. i asked a trainer and he said my ascent was fine. he told me to bring hips out first then knees, but i cant really figure out how to do that. so do i lower the weight and slightly round my back to bring the bar to my knees, then squat down? ALSO, i know you're not supposed to round your back on DL's/squats, but how do you keep a "straight" back? does that mean to have a slight arch in your back the whole time? thanks.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what do i do on my descent for the DL? i think this is why my lower back is usually sore. i asked a trainer and he said my ascent was fine. he told me to bring hips out first then knees, but i cant really figure out how to do that. so do i lower the weight and slightly round my back to bring the bar to my knees, then squat down?[/QUOTE]

Down is the opposite of up. Your hips move back and lower the bar to the knees, and the knees bend and lower the bar to the floor. Dont think about squatting the weight anyhow.

Originally Posted by neelyboy View Post
    ALSO, i know you're not supposed to round your back on DL's/squats, but how do you keep a "straight" back? does that mean to have a slight arch in your back the whole time? thanks.
    Yes, you need to actively arch your back. Did you watch the video?

Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gwii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    great video and info in the OP. i'm adding DL's to my back day, starting tomorrow (better late than never).

atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atf8008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks

timing for watching that video couldn't have been better, can't wait to hit the gym.

vorkenstonely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks!

I honestly believe thats the best information I have seen in quite some time. I can't wait to go apply this right away

GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is there a post anywhere on the best way to load plates for a deadlift?

i just started doing them and i think there's gotta be a better way then putting an empty bar on the ground and struggling to put each damn plate on

Originally Posted by GripGrand View Post

i just started doing them and i think there's gotta be a better way then putting an empty bar on the ground and struggling to put each damn plate on
    Once you put the first 45's on you can just slip a 5 or 10lb plate underneath it to prop it up.

GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GripGrand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Once you put the first 45's on you can just slip a 5 or 10lb plate underneath it to prop it up.
    45s bro? im just trying to rip 100 right now

jk thanks that should be perfect

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GripGrand View Post

Lift bar, slide weight on.

However, if you want it to be slightly easier. Once you get the first 45's on the bar, place a 2.5lb or 5lb plate on either side. Rest the 45s on the very outside edge of the small plates. That gives you enough room to slide the other plates on, without actually lifting the bar up.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Registered User EatMarkers4lunch's Avatar
    EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EatMarkers4lunch is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump props for video got my form good
    Rugby brah
    Former S&T brah
    IB in NY 2014 *hit me up if you are in NY

Dont eat for a month till ur about 130 pounds with no muscle. Go shop at ambercrombie and fitch, buy $80 shirts, $120 dollar pants, and $50 dollar thong sandles. Jell ur hair up like a pretty boy. Dress like a flaming homosexual. Have your parents buy you a bmw. And most importantly walk around like you have a dik up ur azz and talk with a lisp...You do that and you'll get more beaver than a mountain man

kidsnature has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink exercises

nice post
    [url=http://supertattoodesigns.net]Tattoo designs[/url]

j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have kind of a stupid question but here it is:
    I am currently doing Stiff Leg Deadlifts every other week alternating with Good Mornings on leg day and the person who gave me the routine stated to do just deadlifts on Back day. So I guess the question is going to be what variation of the deadlift should be done on back day?
    The more you sweat in the gym mentally, physically, and spiritually the less you bleed on the streets!

Go Big Or Go Home!

Originally Posted by j_collins View Post
    Have kind of a stupid question but here it is:
    I am currently doing Stiff Leg Deadlifts every other week alternating with Good Mornings on leg day and the person who gave me the routine stated to do just deadlifts on Back day. So I guess the question is going to be what variation of the deadlift should be done on back day?
    Any deadlift works the back and legs... rack pulls probably fit best into a BP split, but SLDL's and regular deadlifts also hit the back hard.

j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) j_collins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whats the difference between a stiff leg deadlift and a regular one? After reading the first post here it seems that they are the same lift. Am I correct in saying that they are?
    The more you sweat in the gym mentally, physically, and spiritually the less you bleed on the streets!

Go Big Or Go Home!

JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000) JBlaze725 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stiff leg deadlifts your legs are almost straight except that you don't lockout your knees. You pretty much hinge at the hips, so all the lifting is done by your posterior chain, their is no quad use to get the weight moving in the beginning of the exercise. In the regular deadlift your legs are bent and the beginning portion is started by straightening your legs to get the weight going involving the quads right at the beginning and allowing for more weight to be used. Anyone please jump in if I didn't explain well enough.

Originally Posted by justanothagirl

Deadlifts actually hit these muscles pretty well depending on how you do them. If you want more back involvement you can alter your technique, but you will still hit these muscles regardless.
    Last edited by JBlaze725; 03-25-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Missed a point first time around

mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50) mainvillE will become famous soon enough. (+50)

nice

nice post, really complete gj

sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sly3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys,,, one of my friends jus discovered he has hernia , now he used to do heavy deadlifting and squats with the belt on, he said the belt caused t due to the intra abdominal buid up pressure.

dam am scared out of my mind coz i always use a belt during all my workouts.

any suggestions from the experienced guys will be helpful

thanx,

Originally Posted by sly3 View Post
    hey guys,,, one of my friends jus discovered he has hernia , now he used to do heavy deadlifting and squats with the belt on, he said the belt caused t due to the intra abdominal buid up pressure.

dam am scared out of my mind coz i always use a belt during all my workouts.

any suggestions from the experienced guys will be helpful

thanx,
    Most people who develop hernia's in such a way are already predisposed to them, and its just a matter of time.

There's quite a bit of information on this topic at Strength Mill that would be worth searching if you'd like to put your mind at ease.

NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NIZ83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been deadlifting for over a month now and all was well untill this week. I moved up to 30kg on the bar, which I have to say didn't feel heavy except on my forearms. But later on that day I the bottom of my hamstrings felt tight and a little sore. That was 4 days ago and the tension is easing but still there. Could this be due to a lack of flexability in my hamstrings being overstretched when deadlifting, or could it be due to poor technique? I feel the tension now when I lower the bar, not on the lift.

s.Dean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great information. Thanks!

Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    subbed

ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ibrown84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That was a really great recap for me since my freshmen year of hs..... I along the way trying to lift more then I could handle back then actually injured myself causing 3 bulged discs in my lower back/sciatica. I was curious if I should avoid this lift entirely or just learn the proper mechanics and then go from there. My chiropractor said NEVER do this, however it is a great strength builder and helps improve physique like no other.
    The person I have to beat is the guy I was last week

Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10) t_rave is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink ?

These videos seem like they well help me alot to, the problem with my DL's is that i never feel like i am pulling with my legs up, always my back. and YES i watched the video. I too have trouble on way back down, bending my back slightly i felt. This led to some type of pull, and pain that i still feel after two months.

Make the Game Easy... B1GinNY82307's Avatar
    B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) B1GinNY82307 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

I have been training for a minute now and thought my form on DL was on-point.

After viewing this video and putting it into use today, I can tell my DL form was off previously and today I felt REALLY good!!

Form was ON-POINT, strength felt great! And I already look forward to next week where I will be upping my weight and sets!

Thanks for the vid and suggest for everyone beginning or not, to view this and just do a self-check.
    Free Agent

Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Renvas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ooo nice video, it should help avoid injuries without proper form.