Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I cant find some of these matches including the trio of Tiger Mask one, ya gonna have to hook it up.
    Access the gun's off the earth axis
    Axis of evil, the eagle will leave your hat split
    Ruck flow is like "**** you, Gawd"
    I don't wanna rhyme, I need a construction job

- Sean Price

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Locke: Oh My. I am going with Dreamslam but I had to take a few seconds to decide between that and Super J Cup 94.

Jimbob: Wow, I was unaware. I see that one is online. I am going to watch it.

80. Megumi Kudo vs. Mayumi Ozaki - Barbwire Death Match, FMW 4/18/97

This is just a fun match. Perhaps the best barbwire death match involving women that I've ever seen. Both are at their absolute best. Very creative barbwire spots mixed with great wrestling moves and bumps. Features a tiger driver by Kudo as well as Kudo delivering the greatest Vertabreaker I ever seen in my life. A true gem for fans of Japanese hardcore.

79. Kenta Kobashi vs. Minoru Suzuki, NOAH 1/8/05:

I thought this was one of the best matches in NOAH up to that point. Suzuki used his quickness to frustrate Kobashi. About a good 1/4 of the match was dominated with a headlock that they managed to keep interesting! That alone in 2005 deserves respect. Very enjoyable GHC title match.

78. Satoru Sayama (Tiger Mask) & Nobuhiko Takada vs. Akira Maeda & Yoshiaki Fujiwara, UWF-i 7/23/84:

Just an excellent bitter and vicious tag team match involving four of UWF-i's greatest shoot-style workers. It's super-loaded with action and talent.

77. Kenta Kobashi & Go Shiosaki vs. Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima 11/5/05:

Two top teacher/student pairings facing off is always a great concept and this proved to be a brilliant match with two wrestlers who were looked upon as the future of professional wrestling looked even and not at all out of place with the two true legends in the business. The match just accomplished alot and was great for the future of wrestling.

76. Combat Toyoda v Megumi Kudo - Exploding Barbwire Match, FMW 5/5/96:

This match had a very deep and very emotional storyline behind it. These two women for years, since the early 90's, had fought against each other. They've fought with each other as well. This was Combat "Mother In Law" Toyoda's retirement match and what an ending there was to it. Lots of insane bumps as well as wicked spots in this one that must be seen along with the ending.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mrs Grudge View Post
    I cant find some of these matches including the trio of Tiger Mask one, ya gonna have to hook it up.
    You are the second person to want it. So I will. I got it on a Tiger Mask compilation. I will do my best to get it from there onto here shortly and not slack on it.

Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000) Mrs Grudge is a name known to all. (+5000)
    New matches celeberaaaaaaaaate

- Sean Price

Abdullah_Booty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

76. Combat Toyoda v Megumi Kudo - Exploding Barbwire Match, FMW 5/5/96:

This match had a very deep and very emotional storyline behind it. These two women for years, since the early 90's, had fought against each other. They've fought with each other as well. This was Combat "Mother In Law" Toyoda's retirement match and what an ending there was to it. Lots of insane bumps as well as wicked spots in this one that must be seen along with the ending.
    just wanna confirm if this is a right match or not,thx!

Abdullah_Booty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    [b]
    81. Bruiser Brody & Jimmy Snuka vs. The Funk Brothers, AJPW "Real World Tag League 81" Finals:

This match is absolutely f*cking phenominal! This features alot of good moments in puroresu including Jimmy Snuka's greatest match, the All Japan debut of Stan Hansen who corners Brody and Snuka and nails Terry wth a devastating lariat from hell, Terry funk hitting a plancha and just a sweet post match brawl with All Japan's newest member, Hansen, blading for Baba and Tsuruta. It's one hell of a match and also one hell of a night in puroresu history period.
    please confirm this match for me too,thx!!!

Suzuki vs Koashi was awesome. That's the type of story telling that should really be incorporated into the WWE.

- Sean Price

Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mister F is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm not a huge fan of the hardcore stuff, but this list is a lot of fun so far.

Originally Posted by Abdullah_Booty View Post
    just wanna confirm if this is a right match or not,thx!
    Yes, that is the one. They don't make it all about the explosions although I believe the explosion count is even 3-3 at the end but they tease the flinging of other into exploding barbwire real well all while having a good traditional wrestling match.

Originally Posted by Abdullah_Booty View Post
    please confirm this match for me too,thx!!!
    This one I cannot confirm because I been trying to get it up for 5 minutes but it remains all white for me.

Originally Posted by LockeLesnar View Post
    Dude big favor..pls help! I can NOT find my copies of Dreamslam 1 or 2..is there any way you can send em to me, I will send you money or we can trade, I don't care but pls..I haven't seen these in forever!
    Sure. I'll PM you shortly to workout the transaction. Right now I need to make a beer run. I'll probably just charge whatever the shipping is for copies of Dreamslam I & II. What about Big Egg Universe, Dream Rush or the Queendom's? Have you ever had those?

Originally Posted by The_Best_Ever View Post
    pls confirm the match for me,thx!!!
    Now the "Video Is No Longer Available"? WTF!

From the stillshot though, it sure looks like it. Enjoy it. I think there was only one encounter between the four.

im sure it works this time!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1dbmX6x-uM
    I am watching the start of it and that's the one. Hopefully it includes the post match stuff when that brawl ensues and when Baba and Tsuruta come down.

the sport entertainment should fire dave meltzer's ass and hire a talent like u up,u get my vote,smart man!!!!i fukin love your damn list!!!!
    Wow, you like it that much so far? We're not even halfway there yet. I just love my Japanese wrestling and I agree on Kudo. I'd love to sniff that ass!

LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dude big favor..pls help! I can NOT find my copies of Dreamslam 1 or 2..is there any way you can send em to me, I will send you money or we can trade, I don't care but pls..I haven't seen these in forever!

Originally Posted by LockeLesnar View Post
    Read post 41.

Respond to it.

LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000) LockeLesnar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Read post 41.

Respond to it.
    LOL I'm an idiot sorry. Note to self do not try to work and browse bb.com at the same time

I am trying but as the match progresse's it gets a little harder to give a brief description to do the matches justice.

75. Antonio Inoki vs. Bruiser Brody, NJPW 4/18/85:

I believe this was the first Inoki/Brody match after Brody jumped ship from All Japan to New Japan. It is Brody's New Japan debut that much I am sure of. I picked this over their 60 minute time limit draw because it is a more exciting match. Brody f*cks up Inoki's arm backstage before the match. This match showed the return of the Fighting Spirit at a time when New Japan had lost some of it's top draws and wasn't doing so well. This great match, despite the way it ended, helped them get back to the top.

74. KENTA & Taiji Ishimori vs Naomichi Marufuji & Kota Ibushi, NOAH 7/15/07:

Absolutely insane fast-paced, big-bumping, athletic style tag team match! This is a perfect example of what Junior Heavyweight wrestling in Japan should be. Ibushi outshined everyone else in the match I will tell you that much and that's saying alot considering who the other three workers are.

73. Great Muta vs. Jushin Thunder Liger, NJPW 10/20/96:

An absolute classic match between two of my all time favorites. The infamous Great Muta vs. Jushin Thunder Liger match up. It's most famous for the obvious spot where Great Muta rips Liger's mask 1/3 of the way off. Liger is down, Muta goes to grab a chair, then Liger rises up in full Muta-like face paint and spits Muta's trademark green mist into the face of a fearful Muta giving him a taste of his own medicine. Probably my favorite moment in New Japan.

72. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hirooki Goto, New Japan 11/11/07

Simply put, best match of 2007. Tremendous back and forth contest that would easily take the number one spot in any best of 2007 match compilation I'd put together.

71. Owen Hart vs. Keiichi Yamada, NJPW 6/10/88:

Great heat (since this was on Yamada's hometurf), great ringwork and great acrobatics. This was during one of Owen's tours of New Japan as their IWGP Jr. champion. It is short but simply a magnificent match to witness between Canada's own Owen Hart and a man that would later evolve into the greatest worker of all time, the man Jushin Thunder Liger.

STILL NO CHRIS BENOIT/WILD PEGASUS/PEGASUS KID. WHERE IS THAT CRAZY SON OF A BITCH?

will u put some giant baba's matches to your list???
    I guess I can answer that without spoiling much. Yes. Giant Baba is coming but don't expect him to dominate and win most appearances in the list.

What is that on Inoki's arm?

Yes.

I loved the Liger vs Muta match, I ****ted myself when Liger revealed his TRUE SELF

I saw harts match against liger (the one that took place in 91), are you implying that this one is better?

- Sean Price

I loved the Liger vs Muta match, I ****ted myself when Liger revealed his TRUE SELF

I saw harts match against liger (the one that took place in 91), are you implying that this one is better?
    Yeah that is probably my personal favorite moment in anything involving Liger & Muta.

Liger/Owen from 91! Ya know it is one of the greatest matches in wrestling history. I guess, if anything, you could say that I'm implying that based on personal preference, I like Keiichi/Owen even better. It is my favorite Keiichi Yamada match.

You get the feeling this list is certainly is about favorite's eh?!

I know it's about favorites, thats why I'm asking ya sucka.

- Sean Price

70. TenKoji vs. Mike Barton (Bart Gunn) & Jim Steele, NJPW 12/11/01:

I went into this match not expecting it to be anything special given the two teams that were involved but it completely blew me away. Now whenever I watch it, I find myself thinking I won't like it as much now that it's old to me. But it still excites me every bit as much as it did in 2001. TenKoji I like but they're not the greatest tag team. Bart Gunn I never was a fan of in WWF or Japan. Jim Steele, I never got into his work either but noone can deny the MOTY 2001 candidate that all four of these workers pulled in this match.

69. Taka Michinoku vs. Black Tiger II (Eddy Guerrero), NJPW "Super J Cup 94":

This is a really quick and entertaining match full of lots of great offense (even within the first minute). Black Tiger is Eddy with he mask on and Taka looks like a young boy in this one, he was from M-Pro and wasn't really well known at this point but IMO was already very very good. Exciting first round match in the legendary tournament full of almost 8 minutes of spectacular high flying.

68. Satoshi Kojima vs. Toshiaki Kawada, AJPW 2/16/05:

This match initially blew me away. After watching it several times, I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first times I'll admit since there were some moments in the match that felt ackward but the combination of these two wrestling stars intrigues me too much to not include it since it really is an interesting clash of the puroresu generations. Best match out of the Kojima/Kawada series that's for sure.

67. Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta vs. The Funk Brothers, AJPW "Real World Tag League 80" Finals:

This wasn't the best tag team match between the two teams. In the 70's when Baba's health was better they produced better more action packed matches, in fact, compilations of the classic feud between the Funks/Baba & Tsuruta are available on several online tape retailers, but this one makes it for all the history behind it and the heat. You could just feel the hatred between Terry and Jumbo and Dory and Baba. You won't see as many high impact moves in this one but it helps maintain the realism in it. I did not care for the finish however, there's awhole lot more to like about this match than there is to dislike about it. There's alot of good wrestling in this one.

66. Naomichi Marufuji vs. KENTA, NOAH "Autumn Navigation 06":

The match is a perfect example of this promotion at it's absolute finest. This was their long awaited rematch and this time, for the GHC Heavyweight title. Once it gets going, the match is just really sick and neither man held back on the other at all and also, they hit alot of high impact spots as opposed to just teasing them. While watching this, you get the feeling that both men really do not care to hold back on each other and both will truly do whatever it takes to get the pinfall, submission of KO. Marufuj viciously went to work at full force on KENTA's shoulder and neck while KENTA just brutalised Marufuji's midsection. I almost felt my own body swell up.

P.S. All but one of these are on youtube. I checked.

Bart Gunn haha.

Excellent, I wanted to see some Taka Michinoku ;D

- Sean Price

Bart Gunn haha.

Excellent, I wanted to see some Taka Michinoku ;D
    Hey, he was nearly perfect in that one. Alot of purofans that year were in agreement that it was a MOTYC. I didn't think so and I was like "Okay, I've got to see this." Then I watched it, as I said, expecting nothing special, but it blew me away. It's on youtube, you ought to check it I think you'll like it.

65. Shinya Hashimoto & Yuji Nagata vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama, Zero-1 MAX 3/2/01:

Zero-One's first show. This match isn't the greatest even with the four names involved but it's a damn good interpromotional match. To add to the storyline, Misawa and Akiyama who were currently feuding in NOAH, hated each other. Hashimoto and Nagata had no valentines between them so it was a story of reluctant partners. There were some nice big moves executed and we see both the New Japan strong style as well as Misawa and Akiyama's style worked in the match up and while neither man put on a 5 star performance, neither man was horrible either.

64. Devil Masami vs. Chigusa Nagayo, AJW 8/22/85:

Probably the best match of 1985. I was only 5 years old then. So even at 5 I knew good wrestling. J/K. I must have watched this 15 years after it actually happened. This match really is a perfect example of how to work a long and compelling match without it being slow and boring. They hit their big moves taking time before and after them. I guess I can say this...the match ends in a draw BUT it does a good job of making Nagayo (who is simply THE woman of that era) look stronger while Masami remains the champion. Epic 80's.

63. Dynamite Kid vs. Tatsumi Fujinami, NJWW 2/5/80:

Speaking of epic 80's. Why not go to the very start of said decade? Dynamite Kid is just a young up-and-coming talent at this stage while Fujinami is the big star and is greeted as such. Dynamite is booed and is pelted with toilet paper so he flipped off the crowd drawing even more heat. Match was awesome. Dynamite was awesome and Fujinami worked with him real well to create a memorable Jr. Heavyweight match up that made them both appear as equals.

62. El Samurai vs. Koji Kanemoto, NJPW "Best of Super Juniors 97" Finals:

WOW! Talk about an INSANE f*ckin match! Both men pull out all the stops and pull out more amazing moves than I can think of. Do not blink. Match features the greatest reverse top-rope frankensteiner I've ever witnessed and simply put is one of the best bouts of 1997.

61. Vader vs. Stan Hansen, NJPW vs. AJPW Super Fight 90:

Here is a pretty infamous match up right here. It's full of brawling. It's full of chaos. It's full of stiffness. What kind of stiffness? The kind that punches you so damn stiff in the face that your eyeball literally comes out of it's socket!

The crowd not really into the matches today... *Deathstroke flips off the crowd like DK did in Japan long before Austin was around*

The crowd = WWE Wrestling Section.

Mister? Grudge? Locke? You trolls who enjoy my lists for whatever reason?

Wow, the amount of Puro you have seen and clearly remember is pretty impressive. That DVD compilation of the top 100 matches will be sic!

Thanks brah. I hope it will be. I've seen too much of it and that kinda worries me. Makes me wonder if I nailed it down to the right 100...I gave it alot of thought and I know I picked great ones but so many other great ones will have to be left off.

I'm enjoying em. I'm trying to watch what evers on stream. Keep posting, I must be fed more nippon wrastlers.

- Sean Price