Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Agile, Mobile and Hostile MYNAMEIZGREG's Avatar
    MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Can younger tens train more than grown adults?

Are younger teens (like me...15) able to train more times a week than full-grown adults because of higher testosterone levels? If so, when will this advantage stop?
    Making it my job to educate the younguns...
    --------------------------
    You didn't come here to make the choice. You've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it.

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Um...all I can say is that I hope that you know what a split routine is...

MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yea, I'm on a four day now. I was just wondering if I would be able to do more because of higher testosterone levels in teens (I'm 156 and I put up 230 on bench and 315 on squats so I know what I'm doing).
    You didn't come here to make the choice. You've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it.

Dkaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You dont have higher testosterone levels than adults.

Testosterone levels peak in early 20s and stay there until about 35 - 40, then they begin to drop again over the next 40 or so years of life.

I would take it easy with the weights, and dont think that puberty is some excuse for you to overtrain. It isn't!

Your muscles will take just as much time to recover.
    Cheers, From Syd

Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what the hell are you saying?

first testosterone levels do peak at 20s, but they to not peak from one day to the other, which means that at 15-18 you are already with high levels of testosterone...

second they do not stay the same up to 40s... they start dropping already at 25-28 depending on the individual, which means a teen of 16 DO HAS MORE testosterone than a 40 man.

answering the question of the guy, NO, having more testosterone does not mean you can train more times, because that difference is not as big as it would be for a guy who is juicing for example, he would be able to train more frequently because the test levels go up to 200-300%.

the fact that teens, or people up to 25-28 has more test is that they will be able to put on lean mass(muscles) with more facility than a guy with 40 or more summers on his back.
    MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE IRON... CAUSE I SURE WONT!!!!!!

Thanks Biriba, that's exactly what I wanted to know .

Dkaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Biriba
    what the hell are you saying?

second they do not stay the same up to 40s... they start dropping already at 25-28 depending on the individual, which means a teen of 16 DO HAS MORE testosterone than a 40 man. .
    Obviously since this is a teen bodybuilding forum, i dont think many 40 year olds are typically here. It is clear that the post was comparing 15 year old pubescent boys to 20 - 30 year old men. Assuming he had higher Free Test levels than this age group. This is false.

The drop in Free Testosterone from the age of 28 - 35 is typically 10 - 20 pmol/L. This amount from a bodybuilding perspective is practically negliable.
    Cheers, From Syd

ultramuscle22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should just train the way u are now.

Registered User EliasLB1030@msn's Avatar
    EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by MYNAMEIZGREG
    Yea, I'm on a four day now. I was just wondering if I would be able to do more because of higher testosterone levels in teens (I'm 156 and I put up 230 on bench and 315 on squats so I know what I'm doing).
    do some research cause ****! 15 and already hittin 230 bench and 315 on squats i'll give you props defenitely but whats your stats weigght height measurement, allt he crap
    THOSE WHO KNOW DON'T TALK AND THOSE WHO TALK DON'T KNOW

YOU'RE NEVER REALLY DEAD UNTIL YOU'RE FORGOTTEN

Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by EliasLB1030@msn
    do some research cause ****! 15 and already hittin 230 bench and 315 on squats i'll give you props defenitely but whats your stats weigght height measurement, allt he crap
    It seems like every 15 year old on this board can bench press atleast 210lbs. Why is that?

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not just every 15 year old, every 150pnd 15 year old.

Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Slim_DaDDy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    its called bull****asismachismoasim. A condition common among young internet forum browsing males.
    A few bodybuilding stats
    Height 5'10
    Weight Somewhere between 195-200lbs(cutting down from 218lbs)
    (Measurements cold)
    Arms 16.5
    Calves 16.5
    Quads 27
    Penis 19.8(pumped,hard and vascular!)

newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) newlifter87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    115 pound bench 15 year old and proud! lol (well im 143 anyway and i started 4 months ago so give me a break)
    **I rep back on recharge 1K+**

PharmD 2015

You don't believe me? Fine, then maybe I will post some pics later or provide measurements. What measurements do I need? Chest, Biceps, Neck, Thighs, Calves?

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't believe me? Fine, then maybe I will post some pics later or provide measurements. What measurements do I need? Chest, Biceps, Neck, Thighs, Calves?
    Measurements dont mean **** when you claim a lift. The only way to convince people is to post pics of you lifting the weight. And not just a pic of the lockout....pics at all stages of the lift. Video would work too.
    Last edited by zackdarnell; 03-28-2003 at 03:57 PM.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Neck: 14 inches
    Biceps: 13 inches
    Chest: 39 inches
    Thighs: 18.5 inches
    Calves: 14.5 inches

These measurements were just taken with a tape measurer, with muscles fully relaxed, and not having lifted for 2 days.

Athlete (NHB Fighting) FvckinJacked's Avatar
    FvckinJacked has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Slim_DaDDy
    its called bull****asismachismoasim. A condition common among young internet forum browsing males.
    No, it's called there's too many god damn pussies on this board who talk too much and not walk n touch. I believe the bro, I know a number of dudes with his stats. If I told you what I lifted you'd **** your pants and call me a liar so I wont even bother.
    "Do not worry about whether you are going to live or die, just worry about whether you are living or dieing."
    "Today is guaranteed, tommorrow is not."
    "Even the quiet man appears wise."

Originally posted by ****inJacked
    No, it's called there's too many god damn pussies on this board who talk too much and not walk n touch. I believe the bro, I know a number of dudes with his stats. If I told you what I lifted you'd **** your pants and call me a liar so I wont even bother.
    Thanks man. By the way, what are your PRs?

STRENGTHlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe you a lot of 15 year old i know bench 200, and they only weigh 110. Last year I benched 200 at 114.
    HT:5'8 WT:142

Bench:265
    Squat:425
    Deadlift:415

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Neck: 14 inches
    Biceps: 13 inches
    Chest: 39 inches
    Thighs: 18.5 inches
    Calves: 14.5 inches

These measurements were just taken with a tape measurer, with muscles fully relaxed, and not having lifted for 2 days.
    13 inch arms cannot bench press 230 lbs and not even close sorry buddy maybe if you were 30 yrs old and 5'4" i would believe ya

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    hell ya you teenagers have better recovery and built stronger than grown men 30-40yrs.

if you want proof all you have to do is watch one of those "caught on video crack-ups" shows.

you teenage sum-uv-a-bitches busting your asses on skates boards & dirtbikes......then getting up laughing about that sh*t... ".....ah dude i think my back is broke.....i'll miss skool for a week....kewll"

you ain't gonna see any grown ass men doing that sh*t for a reason.
    we ain't dumbasses and our bodyparts break easier.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Shiz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by cramron
    13 inch arms cannot bench press 230 lbs and not even close sorry buddy maybe if you were 30 yrs old and 5'4" i would believe ya

LOL haha whats funny is that i got about 13 inch arms and i can bench 250

EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EliasLB1030@msn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ENOUGH! why argue with this fuktard anymore we AAAALLLLL know it's bull****, so fuk it. oh and homie or should i say hulk i'm like between 185 or 89 and i can bench with full control 8 reps with a plate on each side now that's how you fukin tell truth. and about your bench *coughing* bull*****coughing*

Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Shiz
    LOL haha whats funny is that i got about 13 inch arms and i can bench 250
    man you should not be proud of that unless you are a powerlifters...

saying you can bench 250 with a 13 inch arm means YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BODYBUILDING...

i say that because the aim of bodybuilding is to make your muscles to grow, and you are not doing it man i am sorry

i can bench only 200 for 4 reps, but i have 16" guns and i my height is 5'7

so what i say is GET A CLUE AND TRAIN SMART
    MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE IRON... CAUSE I SURE WONT!!!!!!

To those who don't believe me:

Too bad. I don't take any supplements except for Protein, so my muscles are not inflated like they would be with Creatine. Furthermore, I really could not give a **** whether or not someone who I will most likely never see believes me. The people who watched me do these lifts know I can do them, and that is all that matters to me. So, to those who will not believe me until I get video proof... it's not coming. I would much rather stick to my routine than burden myself by getting proof for a bunch of people who I do not know.

NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Can younger tens train more than grown adults?

Are younger teens (like me...15) able to train more times a week than full-grown adults because of higher testosterone levels? If so, when will this advantage stop?
    Actually testosterone peaks at 18-20, not 14-16 like everyone here thinks (why do you think very few 15 year olds have full beards? (although it takes time to grow even with the test, but still)). GH is higher but testosterone is a more potent anabolic, by itself high GH will help you get lean but does not cause explosive growth. Also test levels are within 20% of their max till 40-45 if your healthy, and a 20% diff. in test really is not that great. I laugh when people on here say "when your 17 its like your on steroids anyways", even if test is 20% higher, thats not really that signifigant. Steroid users often have levels of androgens that are 500% higher than normal. So your training should not be that different from a young adult (20-35).
    weight training is the easiest thing to understand and the hardest to actually implement. - Dr. Ken Leistner

Miracles are attested, but what if they're instead some mix of charlantary, unfamiliar states of consciousness, misapprehensions of natural phenomena, and mental illness? No contemporary religion and no New Age belief seems to me to take sufficient account of the grandeur, magnificence, subtlety and intrcacy of the Universe revealed by science. The fact that so little of the findings of modern science is prefigured in Scripture to my mind casts further doubt on its divine inspiration. - Carl Sagan

Re: Re: Can younger tens train more than grown adults?

Originally posted by NickM234
    Actually testosterone peaks at 18-20, not 14-16 like everyone here thinks (why do you think very few 15 year olds have full beards? (although it takes time to grow even with the test, but still)). GH is higher but testosterone is a more potent anabolic, by itself high GH will help you get lean but does not cause explosive growth. Also test levels are within 20% of their max till 40-45 if your healthy, and a 20% diff. in test really is not that great. I laugh when people on here say "when your 17 its like your on steroids anyways", even if test is 20% higher, thats not really that signifigant. Steroid users often have levels of androgens that are 500% higher than normal. So your training should not be that different from a young adult (20-35).
    I see. Thanks for posting that response, now I finally know the answer to my question .

NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickM234 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by cramron
    Size does not always go directly with strength, and if their triceps and delts are large compared to their bi's and their muscle tissue is mostly miofibular (sp?) which is more useful than the majority of the muscle most BBers build its very possible. Not to say this person necessarily does, you can lie easily over the internet.

This year at the PLing comp. at the arnold a man under 200 lbs benched over 600.
    weight training is the easiest thing to understand and the hardest to actually implement. - Dr. Ken Leistner

Miracles are attested, but what if they're instead some mix of charlantary, unfamiliar states of consciousness, misapprehensions of natural phenomena, and mental illness? No contemporary religion and no New Age belief seems to me to take sufficient account of the grandeur, magnificence, subtlety and intrcacy of the Universe revealed by science. The fact that so little of the findings of modern science is prefigured in Scripture to my mind casts further doubt on its divine inspiration. - Carl Sagan

Originally posted by newlifter87
    115 pound bench 15 year old and proud! lol (well im 143 anyway and i started 4 months ago so give me a break)
    that's exceptable, at least your not claiming to be EVEN LIGHTER and bench 230

To those who don't believe me:

Too bad. I don't take any supplements except for Protein, so my muscles are not inflated like they would be with Creatine. Furthermore, I really could not give a **** whether or not someone who I will most likely never see believes me. The people who watched me do these lifts know I can do them, and that is all that matters to me. So, to those who will not believe me until I get video proof... it's not coming. I would much rather stick to my routine than burden myself by getting proof for a bunch of people who I do not know.
    tell me something, if you could really give a **** less why are you trying so hard to make us beleive you. huuuuuuuuuuh? ya dumb truck