bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Decompression of the spine

Ive had some low back pain for a few weeks, chiropractor diagnosed has a phase 1 compression of the low back. I forget the name, but the holes in your spine where the nerves run through, http://www.zimmerspine.eu/web/images...anatomy-12.jpg as seen on the far right, is somewhat compressed and causing some pain. Any of you gone through anything similar and what did you do to lessen the pain? Is it something i should just train through or should i give it enough rest time till the pain lessens?
    My log:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113353861

My friends. My family. I ask of you one final time to gather before me.
    Tonight we shall leave this earth as legends. Our only way to never die.
    This will be our requiem.
    In the company of death we walk side by side.
    Cast your differences aside for the lives sacraficed.
    I ask one final time to unite.
    Earn the right to stand with pride.
    We are in the company of death.

freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) freeride88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you have access to a Reverse Hyper?
    APT Sponsored Strongman

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hang off a chinup bar with weight attatched, do 1-2 minute holds, this stretch I do everyday also helps:

just hold it till you hear a crack.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    hang off a chinup bar with weight attatched, do 1-2 minute holds, this stretch I do everyday also helps:

This is great to do. Also hanging off a stable chinup bar and swing your legs back and forth.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) strongman963 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by freeride88 View Post
    yo Alex Hyatt, do you do them alot?

BIGnastynate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am going through the same problem right now, mine is so severe that my foot as been numb now for over a week. I went out and picked up an inversion table about $150.00, and the thing is no doubt worth the money. Not only will it help decompress your spine but also helps with flexibility and blood circulation. If this isn?t an option for you I would say to lay off any heavy movements for a good solid week and then start back with very very light sets. If you don?t give it proper time to heal it will come back in the future to haunt you.

bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bigred90 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by freeride88 View Post
    i am working on getting to a gym that has one. The only one the gym i can find so far is 45 mins away, so im working on finding one closer but if i dont ill just go there.

ill start doing this for sure. Weight attached to the feet or just like from a normal chin/pull up belt?

Originally Posted by BIGnastynate View Post
    I am going through the same problem right now, mine is so severe that my foot as been numb now for over a week. I went out and picked up an inversion table about $150.00, and the thing is no doubt worth the money. Not only will it help decompress your spine but also helps with flexibility and blood circulation. If this isn?t an option for you I would say to lay off any heavy movements for a good solid week and then start back with very very light sets. If you don?t give it proper time to heal it will come back in the future to haunt you.
    Ive been off of all lower body movements other that lunges and leg curls pretty much for 3 weeks. The pain isnt present all the time, only if i sit down for long periods of time. I squatted the bar pain free today and felt good enough to go heavier. My chiro said its a very minor phase 1, do you guys think it would be ok to train through it or should i wait till the pain is at near minimum?

spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000)
    There are two types of this kind of pain, decompression will help one and hurt the other, so make sure which type you have first. If you tend to lean towards the pain, then it will help. If you tend to lean away from the pain, it won't. Your physio should be able to confirm this before you do anything.
    Last edited by spooq; 10-31-2008 at 02:20 AM.
    Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110967311

Goals for Xmas - No clue

mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpls28allday has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it actually a pain that you guys feel in your lower spine area, or is it just a soreness of the muscles in the lower back? When I squat heavy lately it feels like my legs can handle a lot more weight that my lower back can and it just feels kind of sore. I'll definitely try those stretches.

Originally Posted by spooq View Post
    There are two types of this kind of pain, decompression will help one and hurt the other, so make sure which type you have first. If you tend to lean towards the pain, then it will help. If you tend to lean away from the pain, it won't. Your physio should be able to confirm this before you do anything.
    I am not still going to the chiro because I do not have the money and my insurance does not pay for it. What do you mean by theres 2 kinds? can you explain a little bit more?

EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000) EinMassengrab. is a name known to all. (+5000)

i do that all the time just because it feels good
    6' 215 lbs

CURRENT (all estimated)/GOAL

Bench: 390+/405
    Squat: 430ish/500
    Deadlift: 450ish/600

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114780741

ZHOSTKA!!!

pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pstewart310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigred90 View Post
    Ive had some low back pain for a few weeks, chiropractor diagnosed has a phase 1 compression of the low back. I forget the name, but the holes in your spine where the nerves run through, http://www.zimmerspine.eu/web/images...anatomy-12.jpg as seen on the far right, is somewhat compressed and causing some pain. Any of you gone through anything similar and what did you do to lessen the pain? Is it something i should just train through or should i give it enough rest time till the pain lessens?
    buy an inversion table - you can get a nice one for about $250-300. Hang on that fully inverted for 10-20min a day.

Or, if you have a power cage at your gym you can buy inversion boots (under $100) and hang upside down on that.

I did some squats today, did like 4x10 at 185 but the pain lessened as the sets went on and it feels no different than it would of normally. So if it feels good tomorrow you think im good enough to work back into squatting?

spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000) spooq is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am not still going to the chiro because I do not have the money and my insurance does not pay for it. What do you mean by theres 2 kinds? can you explain a little bit more?
    It depends where the compression is relative to the nerve, either above or below. I'm sorry to hear you can't afford the chiro, I'm not sure taking advice from the internet is a good replacement, but maybe the hanging/inversion will work for you. Does it feel better to lean towards the side the pain is on or away from it?
    Last edited by spooq; 10-31-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Goals for Xmas - No clue

Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) Love II Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50)

hmm

I like the idea of an inversion table.. Only thing is i'm a below the knee amputee. Would the table still work on decompressing my spine with majority of the pull comming from one leg? I'm going thru the same thing.. Feels great when i ballance on crutches against a wall and able to pick my foot up off the floor.
    Only thing is i get that type of pain where you want to vomit when i roll over in bed. it goes from my back and across the top of my pelvis and down thru my hips decadron works wonders for all of 2 days.. cortazone only lasts like a month..
    Do not be afraid of the weight being lifted for you have faith in the Lord to give you strength and courage to succede

It depends where the compression is relative to the nerve, either above or below. I'm sorry to hear you can't afford the chiro, I'm not sure taking advice from the internet is a good replacement, but maybe the hanging/inversion will work for you. Does it feel better to lean towards the side the pain is on or away from it?
    the pain usually flares up if i sit down for a long period of time. When the pain does set in, it feels better if im standing , but if im sitting and moving from side to side or whatever the pain stays the same.

the pain usually flares up if i sit down for a long period of time. When the pain does set in, it feels better if im standing , but if im sitting and moving from side to side or whatever the pain stays the same.
    All I can say is try hanging/inversion, do it carefully and not for long, and see if it at least doesn't make things worse.

Goals for Xmas - No clue

babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Love II Lift View Post
    I like the idea of an inversion table.. Only thing is i'm a below the knee amputee. Would the table still work on decompressing my spine with majority of the pull comming from one leg? I'm going thru the same thing.. Feels great when i ballance on crutches against a wall and able to pick my foot up off the floor.
    Only thing is i get that type of pain where you want to vomit when i roll over in bed. it goes from my back and across the top of my pelvis and down thru my hips decadron works wonders for all of 2 days.. cortazone only lasts like a month..
    rough....

It would probably still work, all though I dont see how you could be getting to terribly much spine compression with only 1 leg, while being a woman. No offense I just cant picture how you would lift enough weight in your condition to affect your spine.

I dont think I could come here for pain relief from a injury like the one you described.

Im gonna give you some advice but I have no idea how safe it is, if I had a spinal injury I would

1: get really good posture and try to sleep flat on my back

2: do light high rep lower back work

3: strengthen my abbs

4: foam role my back

5: get massages/art/chiropractor

6: dont do exercises that compress my spine

7: some kind of spinal decompression like were talking about in this thread

I would also probably lose allot of weight as carrying excess weight gives some people back problems. And theres no reason to be over weight unless you have some kind of strength to build on or maintain. if you have a bad back and cant do squats or deadlifts it would just be pointless in my opinion.

babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I did some squats today, did like 4x10 at 185 but the pain lessened as the sets went on and it feels no different than it would of normally. So if it feels good tomorrow you think im good enough to work back into squatting?
    Id say keep the volume high and try to build mass for a while. Big thick backs = less chance of injury I believe. Theres also no rush considering doing something stupid could mean not being able to do squats or deadlifts anymore period.

Originally Posted by babyslayer View Post
    And theres no reason to be over weight unless you have some kind of strength to build on or maintain.
    Check her profile, she's strong.

Goals for Xmas - No clue

Check her profile, she's strong.
    oh she is pretty strong

still tho, I dont think she has problems with spinal compression anymore as it seems to go away in a matter of days after lifting.

EDIT: she may have spinal compression from other things tho I suppose......

6 weeks and no progress ><

Meet with a phyiscal therapist next friday, but **** i had no clue this was a 10 month ordeal