Limitless potential dr.manhattan's Avatar
    dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Jaw Muscle Exercises?

Yes, this sounds weird, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any muscle that builds the jaw muscle, specifically the masseter muscle (this is located at the cornered part of your jaw near the ear - if you clench your jaw, this muscle is flexed).

I am wondering about this mainly out of curiosity, but also whether it will result in a more defined rear-jaw (NOT jaw line).

If anyone has read the book <u>Red Dragon</u> (Hannibal Lecter series), Francis Dolarhyde (the bad guy) uses his grandmother's dentures in his murders to bite the victims due to the dentures' massive size. However, the book states that the dentures were too big for his jaw muscles, so he would <b>clench down or chew on a block of rubber</b> until his jaw muscles resembled, quote, "walnuts."

Also, would TMJ be a possible adverse effect from this practice? Would the risks of developing TMJ be greater if this sort of thing was only done for 30-60 minutes each day instead of 5 hours?

Thank you!

P.S. Yes, I know there is already a thread about this, but it does not have much helpful info.

djhush has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have discussed this many, many times with various people...

1.) I heard boxers used to chew on leather
    2.) Get a pack of gum, add a piece every hour, then chew that same piece for a month straight.
    3.) Eat nothing but steak
    4.) Place your two thumbs on the bottom of your jaw and apply pressure. Now open and close your mouth while Constantly apply pressure. Heard this really works over time.

Now for the ones that really work...

1.) Do all of the above with some vitamin-S...wait, don't do that
    2.) Take HGH...wait, don't do that either
    3.) Go get a new jawline (plastic surgery). That's a winner!

that's all I have so far.

dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dr.manhattan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm thinking that you might not fully understand what the concept is because you said the only thing that works in plastic surgery on the JAW LINE.

I am not looking to emphasize the JAW LINE. That is impossible without surgery. The jaw is a bone.

What I am talking about is the MASSETER muscle in the jaw. It will not change the entire jaw, only the muscle (if there is a way to do it).

Hopefully this clears things up.

PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000) PaHulkster is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd be careful. Takeru Kobayashi (world eating champion) really over worked his jaw, and it messed him up for a while.

fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fmrmarineinbiz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    cunnilingis?
    Me Squatting 405X5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirPD1kKkuQ

This link might save your life.
    http://www.superhumanradio.com/rss/2009/SHR_Show_388.mp3

I know what the difference is bro...I wasn't really saying go get plastic surgery! Do you always take things literally?

Heh, no I did not take you literally for the surgery. But I thought that you weren't sure what I meant.

So basically, you don't think there is a way to build up that muscle, right?

If you lift really hard and eat I would think your jaw muscles would grow a little. Its hard to say though. I really think some of the above would work. They sound crazy, but chew on some leather for six months and see what happens =). Also, if you lose bodyfat your jaw muscle will show more, which might look good. I heard Brad pit got his famous jawline from HGH, and almost all (not ALL though) famous body builders that have a square jaw got thart from AAS/HGH.

FlyingDoucer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm.. dunno about brad pitt but I think he already had that jaw since he was young.
    I have a pretty bad jaw, my face used to look really oval shaped not so much now but I'm still not very satisfied with how it looks which will make me take steroids one of these days.. but I'm 22 and maybe you're still growing so it's not advisable yet.

Anyway I got something for you! Chewing does help but you need to chew on something hard, using gum is close to worthless.
    This is what I use http://www.zooplus.co.uk/bilder/1/48...ges_mini_1.jpg
    It's the hardest rubber(non toxic) I could find. It's quite hard but definitely chewable and durable. I cut it in pieces and chew it 2 to 3 times a week, 25 minutes to each side of the mouth.
    On top of that I do this exercise I found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZiTxX9K8c
    watch the jaw exercise revision video as well, it shows how to concentrate the work on the lower part of the masseter.

Results will depend on the person I think. I never really had much muscle on my face but still got some results, a person with a more muscular face can probably benefit more. It's definitely worth doing.

Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pullup17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some good ol' gummy bear presses!

When you're done with the bears, switch to the worms. 20 reps, 3 sets.