bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Arrow Hybrid Crossfit Strength/Metcon Program aka Gant Grimes Hybrid Program Write-Up

I. Introduction

Several months ago, I had some conversations with Garrett Smith and a few others regarding the potential benefits of increased strength and gymnastics programming and shorter metcons sessions. I embarked on a 12-week project where I was going to do a mixture of gymnastics, Olympic lifting, and slow lifting with limited metabolic conditioning. All metcons were to be kept under 10 minutes, and most of them had a strength-bias. We suspected that 1) strength is the most important aspect of metcon, and 2) excessive metcon is unnecessary and possibly counterproductive.

I unofficially ended the project last week with PRs in the CFT and deadlift. Over a 10.5 week training period (45 training sessions to be precise), I hit 21 PRs in strength, metcon, and mixed workouts. Several of those broke long-standing PRs. A couple of them broke PRs set during this project.

I am making no conclusions beyond what worked for me. And what worked for me was a blend of strength, power, and gymnastics training with short, intense, and usually heavy metcons. I didn’t have to put up with sore joints like I did doing pure strength work, and I didn’t have to deal with a fried CNS like I did doing pure Crossfit. It’s a nice blend that kept me interested and focused every training session. I also recovered well (Saturday was an optional training day; I often skipped it, giving me a 4 day training week). Incidentally, I dropped body fat and increased my LBM over the last several months. -Gant Grimes

II. The Hybrid Program

1. Hybrid Program Notes

• These programs will increase static strength, explosive strength, and limit strength. This increase in strength will lead to substantial improvements in metabolic conditioning.
    • Metcon should be short and intense. Keep it under 10 minutes (usually under 5). Keep it heavy, and keep it functional. Select workouts that require very little rest. Scale reps, rounds, or time before scaling weight! (This might be the most important bit you'll read on this). This is key to the neuroendocrine response we’re looking for. Find heavy metcons here.
    • Use KB’s, tires, farming implements, stones, boat chains, and sledgehammers liberally. Row and Sprint often (Tabatas, 100s, 200s, 400s). Full body exercises (cleans, thrusters, swings) are great. Use couplets and triplets. NO chipper workouts.
    • The exercise order and selection promotes increases in strength and, if you eat for it, lean mass. Everything you do on this program packs a substantial neuroendocrine wallop. Pick your metcon exercises accordingly. You should be shaving twice a day on this program.
    • Eat more protein. If you’re Zoning, increase protein intake by 2-4 blocks and fat by 8-16 blocks. Do not increase your carbs (I have accounted for them in the fat increase).
    • Go heavy, go hard, or don’t go at all. The volume is low enough, and the metcons are short enough that your CNS should be stable throughout the program. If you need a day off, take it. Don’t tear your body down while it’s trying to build itself up.
    • Don't overthink it.
    • Sleep like a fifth-year senior.
    • Eat like the locusts of a Biblical plague.
    • Eat lots of red meat. It’s just better. Consuming large quantities of blood-soaked animal tissue puts you in a better frame of mind to train like this. If you eat eggs, eat whole eggs.

2. Hybrid Program Variations

• There are three programs.
    • The 3/1 program. I designed one for people who like the 3/1 CF schedule. Personally, I think 6 workouts in 8 days is a bit much. But you wanted it, so here it is.
    • The novice strength-biased program. This is a 3/1/2/1 schedule. I got used to training like this doing the PMenu WOD, and I like it. It’s also an intermediate programming scheme discussed in Practical Programming. I wrote this program because I train with a guy who doesn’t need to do as much OLY lifting as I do. The power versions of the OLY lifts are done. There is also an extra day of push presses or rack jerks. If you train on Saturday, just do a regular WOD (this can be a little longer). If you train with weights, keep it light and drill some OLY lifts.
    • The intermediate/advanced strength-biased program. This is my personal program. Saturday is optional. This is where I drill OLY by doing assistance exercises (snatch balance, tall cleans, etc.) and get on the rings. Or I get in the canoe, go mountain biking, or play a little judo. Saturday is not a hard training day for me. So yeah, I pretty much train 4 out of 7 days.
    • For awhile, I was using a 5-day Practical Programming template for a beginning intermediate (H,M,H,off,H,L,off). Of course, you don't really program the OLY lifts that way, so there was a hodge podge of stuff in my log. The template I put out is also a little different from what I actually did. I'm trying to accommodate the advanced-novice to advanced-intermediate. Everybody can tailor the template to their own needs.

3. Other Concerns

• Do other stuff. It’s summer time. Walk, swim, play softball, ride a bike. Whatever. Don’t pass a bar, set of rings, or rock ledge without pulling yourself up on it.
    • Substitute if you feel the need. I refuse to miss Murph or Filthy Fifty. If one of your favorite WOD comes up, do it.
    • The exercise order optimizes the ability to work circa max in each exercise. If you don't understand why, don't change it.
    • The exercise selection is based on the the neuroendocrine response and systemic adaptations associated with each.
    • Deadlift every week. They’re good for your soul. Cool down with reverse hypers 2-4 times a week. They’re good for your deadlifts and thus good for your soul. Your back will thank you.
    • 5 minutes a week of KB long-cycle clean & jerks has profound effects.
    Read Christopher Sommer’s article on front lever progressions (also has planche progressions).
    • Read up on the Bulgarian method.
    • Squat low for training. If you’re a guy, try to tea-bag the platform. You’ll be amazed how much you’ll be able to lift in a CFT when you only squat to regulation depth.
    • The abbreviations are days of the week and weight, so M=Monday, T=Tuesday, etc. And it goes Heavy, Moderate, Light. Heavy is near maximal weight. Moderate is about 80-85% of max for several sets across; it's good for volume. Light is for drilling only on OLY lifts.

4. Sets, reps, and exercises (sets x reps)

• Welcome back to linear progression! We’re going to get stronger every week. Linear strength progression works a little differently in a program with gymnastics and metcon, so pay attention to what’s happening. I have borrowed heavily from Rippetoe, Everett, and Louie Simmons in designing this.
    • OLY lifts should be 5-8 sets (or more) of singles or doubles. Look to Coach Burgener or the PMenu for additional programming ideas. You have to be careful with your loads and volume on this stuff. It can sneak up on you.
    The slow lifts should start with 3x5 (including dips and pull-ups). Drop to 3x3 after 6 weeks or whenever the volume becomes too much. You may also want to mix in some 5x3, 5x2 or 7x1. It’s your program! Eventually you’ll almost exclusively be doing either 1) med volume/high intensity or 2) low volume/stupid intensity!
    • Only do one work set on the deadlift if you’re working with max numbers.
    • Mix sets across with progressive loading. You can do 3x3 across one week and 5x3 progressive (working up to a 3RM) the next. Do progressive loading at least once every third workout for each respective lift.
    • Work in some ME/DE days as necessary. We’re all about speed and power. I mix in plenty of box squatting so I can squat frequently. It helps your deadlift, too. Reverse hypers help everything.
    • Westside box squats. Using about 50-60% of your 1RM squat down to a box, pause, and explode up. Westside recommends sets of 2 as the bar will slow down with reps beyond this.
    • Deadlift every week (it’s worth repeating). If it tears you up like it does me, mix in some rack pulls and halting deadlifts. I love 3x6 snatch grip deadlifts off a 4” box.
    • Substitute OLY lifts as needed. Play with the full and hang positions to optimize results. If you’re on the advanced program, do the full version at least once a week.
    • I'd squat 3x per week, doing back squats twice per week and maybe OHS and front squats on a third (or fourth) day.
    • For warm-ups, "rings x 2" means 2 sets of that progression. I do however many reps I feel like doing. And that's not very many. Within the warm-ups I do less than 50 pullups, pushups, and squats per week (and zero situps).
    • The order of exercises is vital. You want speed, technique, and accuracy. You also want full use of your hips:
    Warm-up >>> Gymnastics/Progressions >>> Oly Lifts/DE >>> Slow lifts/ME >>> Short strength based metcon (<10 min) >>> Posterior-Chain Movement
    In rare cases, I'll do metcon first. For instance, if Fran comes up, I'll do that first before doing ME front squats. It just works for me.

5. Bottom Line

• Go fast, go heavy, and go hard. If you're doing sets across, increase it every time. Don't reset if you fail at 5, just drop to 3. If you're doing CF ME work (5 triples, 7 singles), go for a PR every time. Metcons are short, heavy, and functional. Don't rest.
    Last edited by bango skank; 10-27-2008 at 01:48 PM.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    III. The Hybrid Program Template

(H) - Heavy
    (M) - Medium
    (L) - Light
    (Opt) - Optional
    HS- Hand Stand
    FL - Front Lever
    HPC - Hang Power Clean
    PP - Push Press
    PC - Power Clean
    P-Sn - Power Snatch
    BS - Back Squat
    OHS - Over Head Squat
    FS - Front Squat
    DL - Dead Lift
    CJ - Clean & Jerk
    SN - Snatch
    WOD - Workout of the Day
    360 - Full spin on the rings
    L-Pullups - L-Sit Pullups
    K2E - Knees to Elbows
    GHR - Glute-Ham Raise
    Burg on OLY days - Burgener Warmup
    Reverse hypers
    Windmills

IV. Examples

Example 1:

Monday: handstand work
    C&J 5x2/7x1
    squat 3x5
    DL/RDL 1x5/1x12
    reverse hypers or GH raises would be nice
    chins
    overhead situps

Tuesday: front lever
    power snatch 5x2/7x1
    bench 3x5
    moderate metcon (3-5 mins.)

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: L-sits
    press 3x5
    power snatch/power clean
    front squats 3x3
    heavy metcon

Friday: Off

Saturday: (20 minute workout)
    KB work--long cycle C&J for 4-6 mins.
    light to moderate metcon (7-20 mins.)

Sunday: Off

Example 2:

Monday: Handstand Training
    DB Clean and Jerk
    Back Squat
    WOD

Tuesday: OHS
    Bench Press
    WOD
    Corework

Wednesday: Handstand Training
    Front Squat
    Incline DB Press
    Deadlift
    Weighted Pulls

Thursday: Off

Friday: Snatch (w/DB)
    Back Squat
    Standing Press or Weighted Dips
    WOD
    Core

Saturday: Muscle-Up Training
    Intervals (maybe)

Sunday: Off

Example 3:

Monday: Handstand Practice
    1. Clean and Jerk (5 x 3)
    2. Back Squat (3 x 5)
    3. WOD

Tuesday: Front Lever Practice
    1. Power Clean (5 x 3)
    2. Bench Press (3 x 5)
    3. WOD

Wednesday: Handstand Practice
    1. Clean and Jerk (5 x 3)
    2. Front Squat (3 x 5)
    3. Deadlift (1 x 5)
    3. Weighted Pull-ups (3 x 5)

Thursday: Off

Friday: Front Lever Practice
    1. Dumbbell Snatch (5 x 3 Left and Right Arm)
    2. Back Squat (3 x 5)
    3. Press (3 x 5)
    4. WOD

Saturday: WOD (Will Include Deads in this Metcon)
    Weighted Pull-ups (3 x 5)

Sunday: OFF

There are as many ways to program your weeks as there are ways to skin a cat, so play around with it!

V. Additional Resources

Metcon/Strength Hybrid Program

Hybrid Program Heavy Met-Cons (Sub 10 min. Metcons):
    http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=35062

Original Hybrid Program Threads/Question Threads:
    http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=32641
    http://www.cathletics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2560

Adapting Crossfit

Integrating the Olympic Lifts with CrossFit by Greg Everett:
    http://www.performancemenu.com/artic...ty&shortyID=34

A New Way to M.E. Black Box by Michael Rutherford:
    http://www.performancemenu.com/artic...ty&shortyID=39

Detailed Programming of the Performance Menu WOD:
    http://www.cathletics.com/wod/index.php?show=about

Gymnastics

Building an Olympic Body through Bodyweight Conditioning by Christopher Sommer:
    http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/229/

Beast Skills - Gymnastics Tutorials:
    http://www.beastskills.com/tutorials.htm

Bulgarian Training Principals

Bulgarian Training Ideas by Steve Gough:
    http://www.mikesgym.org/articles/ind...=3&articleID=3

Bulgarian Training Video:
    http://macthrowvideo4.com/BulgarianWeightlifting.wmv

Westside Training Principals, Max Effort and Dynamic Effort

The Periodization Bible - Part I, by Dave Tate:
    http://elitefts.com/documents/period...le__part_1.htm

The Periodization Bible - Part II, by Dave Tate:
    http://elitefts.com/documents/period...le__part_2.htm

Dynamic Effort for Strongman - Speed Kills By Chad Coy
    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/dy..._strongman.htm

Miscellaneous Programming

Subjective Difficulty - Programming Reps for %/1RM
    http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...Difficulty.jpg

What I've Learned from "Practical Programming" By Mladen Jovanović:
    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/what_ive_learned.htm

Program Design for Athletes By Mladen Jovanovic:
    http://www.elitefts.com/documents/pr...r_athletes.htm
    Last edited by bango skank; 10-26-2008 at 05:29 PM.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is an incredible writeup.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

Originally Posted by IronAbrams View Post
    This is an incredible writeup.
    Thanks you! Gant Grimes did the wording, I just went back and organized and cross-referenced everything. He gets all the credit.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10) arnieisnumerouno is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you very much for this.
    "The best activities for your health are pumping and humping." -Arnold

Originally Posted by arnieisnumerouno View Post
    Thank you very much for this.
    Happy to oblige.
    -Don Vito Corleone

From Gant:

Originally Posted by Gant Grimes

My goals (judo) are obviously different than the guys on bb.com. However, they might be happy to know that in 3.5 months of a "heavy hybrid" program and dedicated eating, I added 20 pounds of mass (to 204) and increased my 3 lifts (squat 403, standing press 200, deadlift 485). I took my normal diet, added 60 pounds of protein/day (which took me to about 1.1 - 1.2 g/lb/BW). (I'm normally insulin sensitive, so adding back in grains and eating ice cream before bed had a significant effect on my mass gain.)

I would also add that I did gymnastics movements first because I viewed them as a skill I wanted to improve. If you just want them for static strength, you should follow the traditional training hierarchy and put them last. I did a lot of static strength work, so gymnastics first never bothered me. However, I wouldn't recommend that a newbie tax his trunk with planches and front levers before doing heavy squats and deads.

If you can't hold a handstand for a minute, then it's skill work and can be done first. You need to get stronger and better at the movement. Still, excessively long HS holds could compromise some overhead movements in your workout. I put it last now. Now handstand practice, walking on hands, etc. is skill work.

One additional correction: I overemphasized front squats and OHS in the original program. I'd rather squat twice a week and alternate power and full versions of the OLY lifts. If you want extra OHS/FS work, put them in a metcon. I have updated the program [to reflect this] and will release a 2-3 part article in the PMenu.

If I was just starting out and was serious about getting big and strong, I would do SS + GOMAD until I couldn't do it anymore, then switch to a heavy hybrid. Olympic movements are better for developing the upper back and pulling power in general--even for an aspiring bodybuilder. In my opinion, [The Hybrid Program] is a Starting Strength graduate program and it is designed to give you more explosive power and conditioning than the templates in Practical Programming.

-Gant Grimes
    Last edited by bango skank; 10-28-2008 at 03:59 PM.
    -Don Vito Corleone

Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is it normal to be puking after doing crossfit/metcon training? or getting that ringing in your head afterwards and not being able to hear clearly?

Originally Posted by Spencer444 View Post
    is it normal to be puking after doing crossfit/metcon training? or getting that ringing in your head afterwards and not being able to hear clearly?
    well, at first, yes. lol. different people respond differently. I definitely get the plugged up ears at times, but I've never out and out puked.
    -Don Vito Corleone

Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spencer444 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get that a lot too - I dont know if its healthy...not to sound like a puss LOL but I hear crossfit is really bad for joints+health because its so high rep + explosive - thoughts?

Originally Posted by Spencer444 View Post
    I get that a lot too - I dont know if its healthy...not to sound like a puss LOL but I hear crossfit is really bad for joints+health because its so high rep + explosive - thoughts?
    Well, that's partly why this program was designed. This isn't Crossfit, this is an alternative to Crossfit.
    -Don Vito Corleone

TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStender has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I may have to give this a go...for a week or two.

Originally Posted by TheStender View Post
    I may have to give this a go...for a week or two.
    Be sure to make a log and link it here!
    -Don Vito Corleone

Let me go ahead and throw this out there as another Hybrid Program:

Adaptable Generalized Training
    http://agt.degreesofclarity.com/

"The AGT (or Adaptable Generalized Training) program is a general template for developing a broad base of physical fitness. In its basic form, it consists of concurrent strength training, Olympic weightlifting, sprinting, short- and long-duration conditioning, assorted skill practice, and flexibility. It emphasizes strength and power."

It is heavily influenced by Gant Grimes program... but with a greater endurance component.
    -Don Vito Corleone

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good stuff, Bango!

If only you posted more details! j/k

Question: What are "rack jerks?" Are those the guys that curl in the squat rack?
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    Question: What are "rack jerks?" Are those the guys that curl in the squat rack?
    Yes. Punch them for reps.

Last edited by bango skank; 10-31-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    -Don Vito Corleone

sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sabonis224 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just found this using the search. More people should probably read this. Reps.

Big is out, Greek is in Outside backer's Avatar
    Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    Let me go ahead and throw this out there as another Hybrid Program:

Adaptable Generalized Training
    http://agt.degreesofclarity.com/

"The AGT (or Adaptable Generalized Training) program is a general template for developing a broad base of physical fitness. In its basic form, it consists of concurrent strength training, Olympic weightlifting, sprinting, short- and long-duration conditioning, assorted skill practice, and flexibility. It emphasizes strength and power."

It is heavily influenced by Gant Grimes program... but with a greater endurance component.
    this is an old bump but I like the looks of this program. I cant even read or understand the hybrid program as a noob im lost there

SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpongeTom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome post, thank you Bango!
    Height - 5'11""
    Weight - 88kg

Current Program - Texas Method

SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Although not completely on topic. I currently run a crossfit/hypertrophy routine. Been doing it for the past 3 months or so and couldn't be happier. I love being able to do the funky gymnastic stuff. Makes it all the more fun.
    http://sagefit.wordpress.com/
    Becoming A Success In The World Of Fitness
    Learn how to make a six figure salary in the world of fitness. Tips for personal trainers, fitness business owners and more.

BS Exercise Physiology
    BS Nutrition
    ACSM Certified PT

Owner of Sage: Exclusive Fitness Center in Whitestone, NY and Sage Studios in Astoria, NY.
    www.sagefit.com

DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DrinkinSizeOn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    saving thread for later
    I rep back everyone 1k+... just sayin

Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrinkinSizeOn View Post
    saving thread for later
    you lurked in my thread lulz
    Biden 2020
    MAGA Cult Get Fuct
    Voted blue no matter who
    Losers got trolled.

geronna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Bango,

First of all I'd like to thank you for this comprehensive program. *I've been crossfitting a short amount of time, but have already noticed strength decreases. *I hope (I have a good feeling) that this program will allow me to continue to improve my conditioning, flexibility, etc. while actually making gains in strength, rather than the losses I've been experiencing.

I don't know if you're still out there, but I wanted to ask you a question. *When you say 5x3, or 5 sets of 3, do you want the first 4 sets to be working up to a max weight on the 5th set?...or do you want all of the sets to be done at the same weight. *Also, should you be failing on the last set?...and if you fail before the last set, you just keep increasing the weight, but shoot for less reps?

I hope you're still around to answer these questions, I hope to start this Monday.

Thanks again!

Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Suit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bump this
    Biden 2020
    MAGA Cult Get Fuct
    Voted blue no matter who
    Losers got trolled.

Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver-Wolfe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs Up!

Bump.

This is great stuff. Everyone should at least read it.