gt281ci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to weight lifting

Hey whats up everybody, Im new to the site and also too weight lifting. I started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago and noticed a big difference in less fatigue and more energy but I need help with a workout plan to increase muscle mass and drop body fat. Ive also been reading a lot about nutrition and what to eat but i just need people to support me and help.

McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10) McBuffin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm new to it pretty much too bro. Been about 3 months but I still got a lot to learn and a lot of mass to gain.

gt281ci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i hear ya man, Ive been reading a lot here lately about all different types of workouts

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good Beginner Programs:

Starting Strength Novice Program - AKA "Rippetoe's". This is a great all around program that many, many trainees have gotten stellar gains (both strength and size) from. This is my top recommendation.

Natural2's Advice for Beginners - Great advice for beginners, with beginner workout templates

A Simple Beginners Routine by All Pro - A beginner program designed by All Pro, arguably one of the most knowledgable posters on the forum

Beginner Routines by Iron Addict - A collection of beginner routines by Iron Addict. One of the top trainers on the net.

How to Construct Your Own Workout Routine by Steven Low - A simple guide to programming your own routine, lots of useful information, sample routines and links to other programs too.

Official 'Brawn' Basic layout/strategy/guide - Can't go wrong with this setup either. Stuart McRobert is a highly regarded trainer and author of one of the all-time best weight training series of books.

MadCow1's Starr/Pendlay 5x5 - Tried and true but geared toward intermediate weight lifters. Lots of great info and links here as well.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500) Majjb is not very helpful. (-500)
    the best one in my opinion is westside for skinnny bastards

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Majjb View Post
    the best one in my opinion is westside for skinnny bastards
    for a beginner? no.

just no.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50) 2truSoldier will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Read the Stickies under the workout program section, also make sure your diet is in check. Most newbies just want to lift and neglect the diet part. Actually the diet is more important than the lifting you can really slow your gains with an improper diet. Check out the nutrition section as well. Good luck.
    "Trials keep you Strong...
    Sorrow keeps you Human
    Failure keeps you Humble
    Success keeps you glowing but only
    Faith keeps you going."

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    Good Beginner Programs:

Starting Strength Novice Program - AKA "Rippetoe's". This is a great all around program that many, many trainees have gotten stellar gains (both strength and size) from. This is my top recommendation.

Natural2's Advice for Beginners - Great advice for beginners, with beginner workout templates

A Simple Beginners Routine by All Pro - A beginner program designed by All Pro, arguably one of the most knowledgable posters on the forum

Beginner Routines by Iron Addict - A collection of beginner routines by Iron Addict. One of the top trainers on the net.

How to Construct Your Own Workout Routine by Steven Low - A simple guide to programming your own routine, lots of useful information, sample routines and links to other programs too.

Official 'Brawn' Basic layout/strategy/guide - Can't go wrong with this setup either. Stuart McRobert is a highly regarded trainer and author of one of the all-time best weight training series of books.

MadCow1's Starr/Pendlay 5x5 - Tried and true but geared toward intermediate weight lifters. Lots of great info and links here as well.
    Originally Posted by 2truSoldier View Post
    Read the Stickies under the workout program section, also make sure your diet is in check. Most newbies just want to lift and neglect the diet part. Actually the diet is more important than the lifting you can really slow your gains with an improper diet. Check out the nutrition section as well. Good luck.

These two posts pretty much cover it, for newbs.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10) PUMP2356 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gt281ci View Post
    Hey whats up everybody, Im new to the site and also too weight lifting. I started going to the gym about 2 weeks ago and noticed a big difference in less fatigue and more energy but I need help with a workout plan to increase muscle mass and drop body fat. Ive also been reading a lot about nutrition and what to eat but i just need people to support me and help.
    If strength isn't a major priority then keep the rep range between a minimum of 8 and a max of 12 with only 45-1minute rest periods between sets. For diet, especially fat loss. Eat 5-6 small meals or 4 regular size meals consisting of meat,carbs,and veggies/fruit . Also, try and avoid eating after 8:30 but drink a protein drink right before bed. Try to take in 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight daily.

I would only train 3-4 times a week for a beginner. There are so many programs and routines out there, but IMO the best exercises for a beginner to use if your going to construct your own program would be the following:

Chest: Bench press to neck ,gironda dips,
    triceps-close grip bench, ez bar skull crushers
    biceps - barbell curl(or perfect curl ot gironda curl) and spider curls
    shoulders-behind the neck barbell press,side raises
    back-gironda pullups and bent over barbell row
    legs-squat, leg extension and leg curl
    calves-standing calf raises and seated raises

You could try a simple MWF routine like this with those exercises :
    Chest,shoulders, Triceps
    Back biceps
    Legs/calves

blckdragun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm kinda new to this as well but everyday is a new learning experience