stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)

consuming asparagus to remove subcutaneuos water.

My trainer recommends eating as much asparagus as I like the last few days before my show. read this:
    Asparagus | Dieting bodybuilders seem to eat a lot of low-calorie vegetables, but asparagus rarely makes it into their Tupperware. For some reason, asparagus is just not a common vegetable for many muscleheads. It should be--especially for dieting bodybuilders. First, it is a proven diuretic, allowing the body to lose subcutaneous water. Second, it is rich in a unique antioxidant called glutathione. Glutathione helps produce hormonelike messengers called prostaglandins, which, in turn, influence growth. Glutathione is also a major player in protecting the liver from damage. Eat several servings of asparagus every week.

Anyone ever use this method? i'll post my results by show time.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    My trainer recommends eating as much asparagus as I like the last few days before my show. read this:
    Asparagus | Dieting bodybuilders seem to eat a lot of low-calorie vegetables, but asparagus rarely makes it into their Tupperware. For some reason, asparagus is just not a common vegetable for many muscleheads. It should be--especially for dieting bodybuilders. First, it is a proven diuretic, allowing the body to lose subcutaneous water. Second, it is rich in a unique antioxidant called glutathione. Glutathione helps produce hormonelike messengers called prostaglandins, which, in turn, influence growth. Glutathione is also a major player in protecting the liver from damage. Eat several servings of asparagus every week.

Anyone ever use this method? i'll post my results by show time.
    I eat asparagus during prep and it does make you pee like a racehorse. It also has the strange ability to make your urine smell like a rotting dumpster when eaten in large amounts. Im not sure why. But, I know it is no coincidence. I am not planning on eating it during peak weak b/c I dont subscribe to the diaretic idea. I dont think the asparagus has the unique ability to remove only subcutaneous water.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liftjunkie06 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, I just ate a bunch of this the other day. I was a little dryer the next day, but also flatter. I agree that asparagus is not going to care where water comes from, so it will come from both inside and outside the cells. I don't personally subscribe to diuretics--I've used some and the just flatten me out.

But the smell--woah. There must be a compound or something, because the second that stream gets going it's like someone shot me into a skunk's ass at about 100 MPH.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by liftjunkie06 View Post

But the smell--woah. There must be a compound or something, because the second that stream gets going it's like someone shot me into a skunk's ass at about 100 MPH.

I laughed out loud when I read this. HA!
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50) erica514 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep. Do it every time. I'm actually a week out...and meeting with my trainer tonight. I'm sure asparagus will be added to my diet for next week. Which I'm happy about....I miss asparagus.

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, I just ate a bunch of this the other day. I was a little dryer the next day, but also flatter. I agree that asparagus is not going to care where water comes from, so it will come from both inside and outside the cells.
    Correct. Asparagus isn't some special food that only pulls sub-q water...if it was, asparagus would've cornered the diuretic market years ago. This is just another peak week myth.

Do people eat asparagus and look good on stage? All the time. Does that mean it's the magical diuretic that made them look good? Not even close.

stayfit2008 - I realize you are getting ready for a show, and lately you've been posting a lot of questions about every possible tiny detail. My concern for you is, why are you second guessing your trainer? If you've paid for his services (which I assume you have), then he should have this all lined up for you, color, peak week, etc. But if you come on here asking about every little thing that he has you doing and decide to pick and choose what you want based on what either your trainer or the board says, then how will you know what all worked of his protocol and what didn't? If you hire someone - you need to put your trust in them, whether they are doing things correctly for you or not. If not, THEN start finding out why. The last thing you wanna do is freak out before a show and start trying every different thing that people are telling you "works". Like this asparagus thing...your trainer has you eating it...just do what he says and pay attention to how your body responds. See what happens, learn from it, and if it is something that didn't work for you, then find out why. He has his method just like every other trainer...you'll never know whether or not it is right for you unless you trust him/her and do what he/she says...then see how you looked/felt on stage and go from there.

Also, on your rear double bicep...you don't want to squat down and hike one leg way behind you. You want your body to look like an X. Bring the hiked leg back underneath you and turn your knee out like this:

That will make the pose look much better

Best of luck to you in your upcoming contest!

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Blahzay128 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    Correct. Asparagus isn't some special food that only pulls sub-q water...if it was, asparagus would've cornered the diuretic market years ago. This is just another peak week myth.

Do people eat asparagus and look good on stage? All the time. Does that mean it's the magical diuretic that made them look good? Not even close.

stayfit2008 - I realize you are getting ready for a show, and lately you've been posting a lot of questions about every possible tiny detail. My concern for you is, why are you second guessing your trainer? If you've paid for his services (which I assume you have), then he should have this all lined up for you, color, peak week, etc. But if you come on here asking about every little thing that he has you doing and decide to pick and choose what you want based on what either your trainer or the board says, then how will you know what all worked of his protocol and what didn't? If you hire someone - you need to put your trust in them, whether they are doing things correctly for you or not. If not, THEN start finding out why. The last thing you wanna do is freak out before a show and start trying every different thing that people are telling you "works". Like this asparagus thing...your trainer has you eating it...just do what he says and pay attention to how your body responds. See what happens, learn from it, and if it is something that didn't work for you, then find out why. He has his method just like every other trainer...you'll never know whether or not it is right for you unless you trust him/her and do what he/she says...then see how you looked/felt on stage and go from there.

Also, on your rear double bicep...you don't want to squat down and hike one leg way behind you. You want your body to look like an X. Bring the hiked leg back underneath you and turn your knee out like this:

That will make the pose look much better

Best of luck to you in your upcoming contest!

Sporto

That is some great advice from a great pro!
    "Sell yourself short on nutrition and you're selling yourself short on maximizing your physique development." -Ernie Taylor

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." -Vincent T. Lombardi

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks Sporto,..I guess the over analyzing comes from my profession as an investigator. I like to get every angle of a situation and sometimes lose sight of what it is I am after. Thanks for the words and getting me back on track! If my wife read this she would be wanting to shake your hand right about now Sporto!

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    Thanks Sporto,..I guess the over analyzing comes from my profession as an investigator. I like to get every angle of a situation and sometimes lose sight of what it is I am after. Thanks for the words and getting me back on track! If my wife read this she would be wanting to shake your hand right about now Sporto!
    That's great to hear and I am glad you took it the right way and not think I was being negative. I COMPLETELY understand the OCD part of contest prep, beleive me (just ask Layne lol), but the thing you will come to find out about peak week wrt the diet aspect, is that the LESS change the better. No new foods, no huge loads and cuts, just very minor tweaks.

Again, I wish you well! You look great!

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

Thanks Bro! Thats what my trainer says,..no big changes. He's not a big "snake oil" salesman and has a great winning record to back it up,..I think the best benefit is he lives close by so I can see him for evaluations regulary.
    Thanks for the compliment Sporto!

scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000) scoobysnacks is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sporto was spot on, on everything, especially your rear double bi, you want an X like the pic he posted you are throwing your symmetry WAY off. Look at my avy pic and think the same thing on the rear shot, you can draw a line from lat to other outter quad crossing each other, the X look. Pose to have it front and back.

The asparagus thing I personally dont use it, dont need it, get in shape, use some carbs to fill you out and do your water and sodium corrrectly (ie dont cut it) and you will be fine.

Ss
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete: http://scivation.com/teamscivation/jasontheobald.htm
    www.nattynutrition.com
    www.physiquetalk.com

Carson0431 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Too funny

Yeah, I just ate a bunch of this the other day. I was a little dryer the next day, but also flatter. I agree that asparagus is not going to care where water comes from, so it will come from both inside and outside the cells. I don't personally subscribe to diuretics--I've used some and the just flatten me out.

Man, that is hilarious! my buddy used to say it would make his pee smell like "Elk dick" hahaha hilarious!