911muscle19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 911muscle19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 911muscle19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 911muscle19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Personal Training Certificate

Hey everyone! Hope everyone's training is going great.

The reason for this thread is that I'm curious as to which certification program is sought after the most? I have a brochure for ISSA and like what they offer and how they let you go at your pace.

I want to become a personal trainer after i graduate and someday open up my own gym.

Which certification is recognized nationally and that a lot of the trainers are certified by?

Thank you for any input anyone has to offer!
    Best lifts:
    *Squat - 540 lbs
    *Bench - 410 lbs
    *Deadlift - 600 lbs
    *Powerlifting - 1490 lbs

Train hard, stay strong, and stay drug free! If I can do it, so can you!

bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ACE and ISSA are the best IMO. There are others of interest to me, but those are the top.
    B.S. Exercise Science, M.S. Rehabilitation, C.P.T.

Live life to the fullest, for you never know what will happen tomorrow.--------

Keep at it!

godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) godevs4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yeah id go with NASM definitely
    You Have To Sacrifice What You Are, For What You Will Become.

I rep back!

National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified - 10 years

Follow me on Social Media:

Instagram: @Understarmor
    ********: Paul Starnes Fitness

trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trainerclark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ACSM is the best and most prestigious personal training certification in the country. Lots of other personal training certifications base there exercise recommendations by those established by the ACSM
    "In your own mind"

Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xfit-xtreme197 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if your looking to get some solid abrev's behind your name look into those mention above but look into a varitey are cert (dont go collecting though)

have different certs to set your above your competition

ex.

kettle ball certs, areobics, nutrition, and look into level I/II crossfit (its really sweeping the nation, making alot of noise IMO)

you would be suprised that a simple extra cert (ex. spinning cert) along with your issa can get you a job over someone with a just a PT cert with no others.

simple but makes a difference
    "A man never drowned in his own sweat"

Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donica will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking Just Earned My CFT Certs Through the ISSA...

Originally Posted by 911muscle19 View Post

The reason for this thread is that I'm curious as to which certification program is sought after the most? I have a brochure for ISSA and like what they offer and how they let you go at your pace.

I want to become a personal trainer after i graduate and someday open up my own gym.

Which certification is recognized nationally and that a lot of the trainers are certified by?

As of last night, I am an ISSA CFT... Yay! I'm still kind of weirded out that the whole "experience" is done, that my exam is submitted, graded, and passed--although I know I'm just beginning everything else connected with it!!

Personally, I had a great experience studying through ISSA. I'm actually looking into branching out and getting their Sports Performance Nutritionist certification, as well. I like how they are recognized internationally, and their support line was more than helpful whenever I needed answers to my questions or clarification upon my understanding. The text is great, and comes with a workbook and another book on jumping into the whole "start up your own PT business" aspect of things. A bonus is an interactive CD-Rom that has video clips of common and not-so-common exercises performed by famous bodybuilders from the 80s and 90s, which explains proper form and et cetera... that was fun to watch! Well, I don't want to ramble, but I'm still on a high from passing my exam and really enjoyed the whole process of learning through the ISSA. All the best to you in choosing an organization to start with, but know that down the road you might just choose to study with others as well--that's what I'd like to do after a while, just for a more "rounded" trainer personality.

bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigfrog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm interested in the cert from www.911fitness.com as well.

Keep at it!

Originally Posted by Xfit-xtreme197 View Post
    if your looking to get some solid abrev's behind your name look into those mention above but look into a varitey are cert (dont go collecting though)

have different certs to set your above your competition

ex.

kettle ball certs, areobics, nutrition, and look into level I/II crossfit (its really sweeping the nation, making alot of noise IMO)

you would be suprised that a simple extra cert (ex. spinning cert) along with your issa can get you a job over someone with a just a PT cert with no others.
    Agreed with this.

I searched for kettle ball cert and didn't see one. Can you give a link to it?

Keep at it!

Registered User gothic_seduction's Avatar
    gothic_seduction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 911muscle19 View Post

NSCA

EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50) EK_JOE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Donica View Post
    I'm actually looking into branching out and getting their Sports Performance Nutritionist certification, as well.
    goto school get a real nutritionist degree. Nutritionist certs are over rated and it doesnt mean you can diagnose with credibility. RD or LD is the way to go :]