snoozin_17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow How should i fix a weak left arm/pec when lifting DBell?

I stay stay away from bench press, to correct this problem.

But when ever i'm doing flat, incline, decline DB presses or regular BPress. The left side is weak and can't lift the last 1-2 when attempting the last couple of lifts.
    It struggles on last lift and fails earlier than right.

the left pec (week side) is slightly bigger than the right side. Probably because all of the extra work it has to due to keep up, so its being stimulated more than the other

Its been a year of preaty much mostly DB pressing, and its still the same.

I know i have a stronger right shoulder because of frequent baseball and any sports that I played that involved throwing with the right arm.

On shoulder work outs the left is behind on strength but can keep up but its hard to notice. Because I do 1 arm at a time and I tend to go to failure and loose count. around 8 to 12 reps

I never noticed strength difference in tricep because i isolate 1 arm at the time or just the difference is not noticeable.

But if I'm doing seated DB military press. the left fails short 1-2 reps before the right arm hits failure.

Well those are some of the details, any questions or advice on how to balance my strength to the DB military/chest presses? And get the right pec to match the bigger left.

ex: Should I throw in on leg day: strength train the left tri and delt with low rep. 4 sets or something?

mun3t has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The left side is always slightly bigger then the right side. I don't think that your left pec is the weakness, it's your left arm.

Train with your weak hand more then the strong han for a while, For exempel do higher weights on the left hand then the right hand.
    Do that with Biceps Curl and Triceps Curl.

Even if you think " If i just train the left hand more then the right hand" then don't worry

If you just train with your left hand for 2 weeks your right hands size/strenght will also increase by 10%

Because it's being stimulated. (I think you already know this)

Correct Me if i am wrong
    Never Give Up, and soon result will come

Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What is a triceps curl? Do not work with more weight on one side than the other, it's a bad idea.

Your best bet is to work your sets around your left arm. Once its exhausted, stop, even though your right arm can go longer. Eventually it will catch up.

That may also mean that you need to take a bit of an ego hit and drop the weight you are training with so that your left arm can finish the desired amount of reps. I think with good focus you can close the gap between your two sides within 2 months, but that depends how far along you are.

With this method, I don't think adding an additional workout to your left arm is necessary. Be patient!

As far as matching your pecs goes, a lot of it is genetic. But again the best way to fix this is patience. Keep working out hard and pushing yourself and eventually you will hit a plateau, at which point trailing muscles will have the chance to catch up. My pecs were quite uneven for awhile, but slowly it seems to be dissipating. Unfortunately, there are no quick fixes in bodybuilding.

I put "focus" in bold because it's important, and under-rated. Focus on the muscles you are trying to isolate, a good mind-muscle connection can give surprisingly good results.
    Last edited by Attacus; 11-02-2008 at 04:00 PM.

AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlastairMilton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would see a physio, I had a silimar thing for ages, started doing fly... then I woke up and couldnt lift my arm above my head without sever pain. Now I have had to have 2 weeks off and have to lift 1/4 of my original weight for bench and shoulder press and my should muscles move around. Torn something brachialis or something, cant remember the exact name, will find out next week when I go back to physio. If you have any weird sensation, see a physio, it cost me like $35 and they know what they are doing.

manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manutius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It could be so many things, shoulder joint stability springs to mind. I would see a physio and maybe look to do some rotator cuff strengthening too ni your workout
    I'm battling my inner ectomorph

JoeyRamoneRIP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, I have the same problem with my pecs as the thread starter; my left side is bigger than my right. From what it sounds like, they will eventually even out, but whenever I work out my chest, I feel it much more in my left side. I'll wake up the next day and my left side is a lot more sore than my right side. I know working out is supposed to even out this discrepancy, but since I've started working out (2-3 months ago), I feel like it's only gotten worse. Any suggestions?

Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Attacus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JoeyRamoneRIP View Post
    Ok, I have the same problem with my pecs as the thread starter; my left side is bigger than my right. From what it sounds like, they will eventually even out, but whenever I work out my chest, I feel it much more in my left side. I'll wake up the next day and my left side is a lot more sore than my right side. I know working out is supposed to even out this discrepancy, but since I've started working out (2-3 months ago), I feel like it's only gotten worse. Any suggestions?
    Concentrate on the muscle contraction in your right pec more. Like, really focus on getting a good full squeeze. Doing 1 arm DB presses can help for this until you get used to it.