Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My Fitness Journey

I'm going to try and start logging some of my stuff in here.

I've been meaning to do this for some time, but I just haven't got around to doing it.

Stats:

Height - 6' 0"
    Weight(Current)- 195lbs
    Weight(Starting)- 233lbs
    Bodyfat(Current) - 18%
    Bodyfat(Starting) - 35%

Lifting Log:

Started lifting August 2014 - No previous experience. Lifted seriously for about a month 5/day split with a buddy of mine. I was on a HUGE deficit eating only around 1200-1500 cals/day for most of that time. I did loose quite a bit of weight. Around 19lbs from August to October. Saw boosts in strength, but pretty weak and tired from the large foolish deficit.

October & November - Lifted off and on 2-3 days a week doing full body workouts. Ate roughly maintenance for this time period. Saw some decent progress in body comp, but still allot of fat. Weighed in around 212-213 during this period. Strength went up a little.

End November & December - Gained allot of weight (mostly fat) went from 212 to 223 over the course of a month. Started Stronglifts at the end of November. Started too high on the weight and hit a plateau around the beginning of January.

January to March - Continued Stronglifts on a cut. Did about 25% below maintenance on cals. Went from 223 to 205. Strength went up significantly.

5X5RM Squat 120 to 230
    5X5RM Bench 105 to 160
    5X1RM Deadlift 165 to 280
    5X5RM OHP 80 to 105
    5X5RM Row 100 to 140

April to May - Tried out Keto, lost about 10lbs during April, but strength declined. I skipped waaaay too many workouts during this time period. Loved keto though, energy was up, but had other things get in the way of my fitness life. Barely lifted at all this month.

May - Reset allot on lifts since I didn't workout most of april. Lost allot of progress on squat. Took this time to work on my form. Unfortunately my form got worse since it was fine before. I was doing high bar olympic style squats, which came natural and easy to me. I tried to change to low bar position, but didn't get the bar positioned right on my back so it was some sort of hybrid good morning squat that was just terrible. I did this for about 2 weeks before realizing that I phucked up.

June (current) - Skipped about a week and a half since I was on vacation. Did a 10% deload since it had been a week. Gained about 6-8 pounds since I was eating allot more. Allot of it is probably water weight, glycogen, etc, but at least a few pounds or more of fat.

-Last Lifts- Stronglifts
    Squat: 135 5X5
    OHP: 80 5X5
    Deadlift: 225 1X5
    Bench: 130 5x5
    Row: 100 5X5

Background:

I've been a fatty most of my life, and never really got into sports or anything so needless to say I had a pretty horrid body comp before I started lifting. I had thinned up a little in my late teen years 16-17, and got down to about 175. I have always had a good frame, but didn't really have any muscle to show off then. I stayed between 175-180 for a few years and then gained allot of weight during my wife's first pregnancy (2008). During the 9 months we both had gained about 40lbs. The difference was that hers came off after giving birth....mine did not. As life and time went on things got more stressful with my job and finding a place for us to live so I stress-ate myself up to about 220 over the next few years(2008-2010). After that I was starting college so I decided to try and get a prescribtion for ADD(which I do have, but see no reason to medicate for it now) to help with focusing on work and assignments. I lost about 15-20 pounds in the first few months since I didn't have an appetite. Stayed at roughly 190-205 for 2-3 years before I decided to quit the stims for good (2011-2013).

I have worked a desk job now for the past 2 years so that hasn't really helped at all.
    Before that my previous job had very little activity as well (small amount of walking and standing). After being on and off stims for a few years my weight had fluctuated from 190 - 205 depending when I was on them. I quit the stims for good january 2014 and had barely touched them before then for about a year or so. (prescribed adderall for anyone that's interested). I gained weight pretty rapidly after quitting the stims. Shot up to about 230 over 3-4 months. I was eating fast food every day and felt like ****. I had no energy to play with my kids, or give my wife the attention she needed. I have pretty much had a horrible diet almost my entire life. The difference between a year ago and my teenage years is that I was way more active back then. I ate allot less too. Still ate ****ty, but just didn't overeat at every meal.

About a year ago I decided to "get into" fitness and working out. I had no idea what the hell I was doing, and didn't understand anything about nutrition or weight lifting. I got relatively consistent on weight lifting last december, and pretty consistent with nutrition in January. Bodybuilding forums have helped me tremendously, and pretty much are responsible for everything I know now. I'm still working on myself and on this journey, but I would like to look back on this one day and remember all of the crap I went through to get where I'm at in the future.

Right now I've lost about almost 30lbs since January of this year, and nearly 40lbs since last august.

My goal is to be around 200lbs with 10-12% bodyfat.

I'll keep this going for as long as I can. I would like to log nutrition and lifting stats if possible, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Sephiroth66; 06-17-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sephiroth66 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Bulk or Cut or Maintenance

At somewhat of an impasse..

I really like the fat loss progression of my cut so far. I've been in it now basically since January. I've had a few set backs, but so far nothing major.

My real setbacks have been with strength progression. I skipped several weeks and lost ALLOT of strength in the process. I have a feeling much of that was related to me skipping workouts while cutting.

I'm getting my nutrition back on schedule this week after being on vacation for a little over a week. I had 2 birthdays including my own, and 1 anniversary over the past few weeks. So needless to say I slipped a bit with my diet. I did plan on this happening though so it's not really a setback.

So now I'm back to the question of whether or not to start doing a slow clean bulk, continuing with my cut, or try my hand at doing a recomp for a bit by eating maintenance.

If continue with cutting I will probably do calorie cycling since it worked pretty well for me before.

Calorie Cycle Breakdown (Previous Calorie Cycle)

Monday - 1,997 Cals, 230C, 35F, 193P
    Tuesday - 1,393 Cals, 90C, 62F, 127P
    Wednesday - 2,197 Cals, 278C, 35F, 193P
    Thursday - 1,283 Cals, 90C, 53F, 122P
    Friday - 2,537 Cals, 345C, 41F, 196P
    Saturday - 1173 Cals, 90C, 44F, 116P
    Sunday - 1,733 Cals, 140C, 75F, 138P

Workout Days- M, W, F

TDEE is roughly 2500 Cals/day

TDEE 17500/ week

Calorie Cycle - 12250/ week
    Calorie Cycle - (5250)/ week deficit
    Avg. Cals/day - 1750

Roughly 1.5lb loss per week.

This is probably as aggressive as I'll go on a deficit. Any more than this and I start to feel really crappy.

As far as Bulk/Maintenance goes I haven't really planned that out yet. If I do a bulk, I'll probably start slower and do .5-1lb/week gain, but I haven't mapped it out fully yet.

I'm curious about maintenance because I would really like to start seeing some of my strength come back faster. I feel like my TDEE is actually higher when I'm eating maintenance as well since I push harder and stronger during my workouts + have more energy during the day to do activities.

I'm just mainly afraid of gaining a bunch of fat. As a former fatty It's always a fear of mine.

My original goal was to cut down to about 178 and then bulk back up to 195-200 and see where I stand. Now i'm leaning more towards lifting on maintenance calories for a month and then doing another cut, but staying consistent with the weight.

Either way my biggest problem before was not being consistent with the workouts, and since I did 3 day full body workouts I only lifted on average 12 times a month. Each workout was really important, and one or two setbacks hindered me pretty badly.

I'm staying consistent from here on out regardless. I'll post back when I decide what I'm doing next in regards to nutrition.

Decided I'm going to try upping my calories a little and see how it effects me.

-Wednesday- (Rest Day)
    1792 cals
    188 carb
    60 fat
    135 pro

-Thursday-(Training Day)
    2301 cals
    235 carb
    63 fat
    206 pro

Food for both days seemed fairly sufficient. So far I've been less hungry.

Concerned my protein is a bit low for the off day, but didn't feel like giving up my PB&J so I'll deal with it.
    Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last Night.

Squat - 140lbs 5X5
    Bench Press - 120lbs 5X5
    Row - 95lbs 5X5

Tried some N.O Explode green apple last night. It was pretty good. My stomach felt a little weird though. Energy was decent. Focus was pretty intense and lasted about 3-hours. Actually slammed most of my calories in the few hours after my workout and it still took the N.O Explode about another hour to tapper off. Pretty stout stuff. Just took 1 scoop this time.
    Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday

Squat - 145lbs 5X5
    OHP - 85lbs 5X5
    Deadlift - 235lbs 5X5

Ez-Bar Curls - 60lb 2X5

Went pretty decent. I was really tired all day and ate way too much food, but it could have been worse.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cool 6/23/15

Squat- 5X5 150lb
    Bench- 5X5 135lb
    Row- 5X5 100lb
    Curls- 5X5 60lb

Workout went alright. Didn't start until really late, but I'm glad I went ahead and did the workout anyways. I'm starting to feel my strength come back for my squats and bench. I was doing 5X5 230lb a few months ago for squats so I'm hoping to get back up here soon. I added an extra 10lb to bench and didn't have a problem with the reps so I'm going to probably start experimenting with adding a little more here and there on some of the lifts until I feel like it's too much or I get back to my previous progression.

(Tracking calories through my calorie count app. Over the last 7 days my average calorie deficit was about 400. This probably explains some of the strength gain. I lost allot of strength when I was doing really large deficits.)

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thumbs up 5/25/2015

Squat- 5X5 155lb
    OHP- 5X5 90lb
    Deadlift- 1X5 245lb
    Curls- 5X6 60lb

Overall pretty decent. I'm not liking my form on deadlifts when I take preworkout. I know that sounds strange, but I feel like i'm not breathing right or something is off. I'm going to try next Tuesday without preworkout (Hopefully) and see how that effects it.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

6/27/2015

Squat- 5X5 175lb
    Bench- 5X5 140lb
    Row- 5X5 100lb
    Curls- 5X5 60lb

Squats were fairly challenging tonight. I went up an additional 5lbs on top of what it would normally increase. I was able to hammer them out though.

I did this workout around 10pm which is EXTREMELY late for me. I am usually asleep by 10:30-11. I was too tired to do very much with rows.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

6/30/2015

Workout - I did some ab workouts and light bicep work towards the end of the day.

Leg Raises - 3 Sets of 12 (or until failure
    +(Superset)
    Reverse Crunch - 3 Sets of 12 (or until failure)

Crunch - 2 Sets of 15

Bicep Curls - 3 Sets of 8 25lbs

My average calories this week - roughly 2400. That equates to about a 400 cal deficit per day. Strength was fine throughout the week. Protein was a little on the low side at roughly 148g/day (I have roughly 160lbs of LBM). Carbs were at 266g/day, and Fats at 85g/day. Roughly 26/44/30 ratio. My fats were good this week as I need roughly 62g/day minimum. Carbs were a little on the high side, but not too bad. I would like to get my protein between 160-200g/day to be on the safe side.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed
    ig: @monkaycrak

Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173015051

5/7/16 Meet Results: 391/237/534 @ 161.

9/24/16 Meet Results: 402/242/528 @ 159.

3/18/17 Meet Results: 402/253/545 @ 163.

Originally Posted by themonkay View Post
    subbed
    Thanks bro

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cool 7/1/2015

Squat- 5X5 180lb
    OHP- 5X5 95lb
    Deadlift- 1X5 250lb
    Curls- 5X6 60lb

Not too bad on the weights here. I'm slowly getting my strength back. I went ahead and took some more N.O Explode this workout even though it threw my deadlift form off last time. I think I was fine last night with form. I was doing some reading over one of Reg Park's articles and I think I have got my foot placement down now. I think this was the culprit previously for throwing off my form. "Mid-Foot" was really confusing for me because I wasn't considering everything behind the front of my ankle as my "foot". I'm not sure why, but it just seemed "Mid-Foot" would be midway between the top of my foot and my toes.... anyways I know better now. My reps at 250 weren't that hard, but I wore a belt just to be on the safe side. I'm eeking back up to my previous 1X5 PR of 285lb.

On another note my shoulder flexibility is killing my OHP form. I'm usually 2-3 sets in before my shoulders "unlock" enough for me to shift my torso forward. I may be looking at some shoulder mobility work here soon. My desk job is NOT helping in this area...-_-
    Last edited by Sephiroth66; 07-03-2015 at 08:37 AM.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

7/3/2015

Squat- 5X5 185lb
    Bench- 5X5 145lb
    Row- 5X5 105lb
    Curls- 5X7 60lb

Finished strong with my rows this time. My foot stance was also off on those as well before. It helped having my stance in the correct position.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Angry 7/7/2015

Squat- 4X5 190lb
    Curls 1x8 60lb

I had allot going on tonight so I didn't finish my workout. I had to fix our washing machine mid squat set, and then finish putting up my new weider power tower after that. I did a few pull-ups, dips, and leg raises to test it out, but nothing substantial. As of now I can't do a full wide grip pull-up yet. I get about 75% of the way there. I tried a few negatives and partial reps to get my body used to the movement. I'm hoping I can work myself up to 10-15 reps and eventually 10-15 weighted reps. I tested and can do 2-3 chin-ups, which is pretty decent considering I weight around 195 right now.

Hoping to make up this workout on Thursday or Friday.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Post 7/12/2015

Alternating Bicep Curl- 5X10 23lb
    Ez-Bar Curl- 2X6 60lb
    Dips- 3X5
    Leg Raise- 2X12, 1X10
    Pullups- 4X1
    Push-ups- 2X15 30lb, 1X10 40lb, 1X25
    Reverse Crunch- 2X12, 1X10

I felt pretty bad about missing Friday's workout so I did a few body-weight exercises on Sunday to make up for it. I plan to get back on my normal schedule Today. I feel like I'm almost ready to start cutting again. I've been in a very very slight deficit the past few weeks, but nothing major. I wouldn't consider it cutting really. I would love to start incorporating these body-weight exercises on my non-lifting days (Tues,Thurs,Sat) and have a full day on Sunday to rest. The only problem is I pretty much need caffeine to workout (It's more mental than physical). I'm not sure about taking 200-300mg's of caffeine every single day.. I know many people do it without any problems, but I'm slightly sensitive to caffeine so we'll see.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lightbulb Nutrition Update*

I feel like my strength is coming back well so I've decided to start back with cutting.

I'm going to start a 12 week cutting cycle.

I have already started as of yesterday.

I'll be running between 1700-1900 cals per day.

After experimenting with my maintenance calories I've come to realize my TDEE is roughly 2700-2800 cals.

At the high end of 1900 that would put my calorie consumption around 13,300 calories per week.

At the low end of 2700 that would put my weekly Calorie Expenditure at 18,900 per week.

This would put my weekly calorie deficit at roughly 5600 calories. Which would be a little more than 1 1/2 pounds per week.

On the low end of the calorie scale and the high end of the activity scale I would be looking at 2-2.2lbs per week. Knowing myself I don't think that will be the case. I'm going to shoot for 1.5-2lbs per week of fat loss. I'll be taking measurements weekly and updating them on my bodyspace.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smile 7/13/2015

Squat- 5X5 185lb
    Bench- 5X5 135lb
    Row- 5X5 115lb

So I dialed back my squat a little since it was nearly a week since I did a full 5X5 set. I was still able to get them done though. My bench on the other hand suffered pretty substantially from the pull-ups, dips, and push-ups from the previous day I guess I didn't realize how much chest work was actually in that body-weight routine I did. Either way my shoulders/rotator cuff was killing me so I dialed it down and played it safe. Plus now that my body isn't getting it's normal amount of food I don't want to push it.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

7/15/2015

Squat- 5X5 190lb (did 4 reps on last set)
    OHP- 5X5 85lb
    Deadlift- 1X5 265lb, 1X1 335lb, 1X1 385lb (Failure)
    Chinups- 2X3
    Dips- 1X5
    Leg Raise- 1X10
    Reverse Crunch- 1X10
    Pull-ups- 1X1, 1X2, 1X1

Today was pretty interesting. I took about 1.2 scoops of N.O Explode instead of my normal 1 scoop. I did a few bodyweight exercises early on for warmup purposes mainly. I was still pretty sore from the previous workout on Sunday (must have hit some new areas or something). I was getting ready to fail on the last set of squats so I just did 4 reps instead of 5. I'm going to attempt 190 again tonight. All other lifts were pretty good. I attempted my first 1RM for deadlifts. I did my set of 265 and felt pretty good so I grabbed the biggest plates I could find beside me (35lbs) and put one on each end. I ended up getting it up without too much problem (definitely felt a difference from the 265). Still feeling on top of the world I grabbed the next biggest plates I could find (25lb) and put two on each side. I know I didn't wait long enough between the 335lb and the 385lb because I could tell my CNS was still in shock from lifting that kind of weight (Never lifted over 280 on DL's before). I kind of went into that lift knowing I didn't have the energy to lock it out. Well needless to say I got about half way up, and couldn't lock it out. My grip also slipped coming up a little as well (double overhand grip) which was probably part of the problem. I tried 355lbs after that, but my CNS was still phucked beyond belief even more so I couldn't lock that out either. I felt stupid afterward, but I guess it was just adrenaline and excitement that got me going after PRs. I remember I could barely wait to try 385 after getting 335. I felt invincible for a few minutes. 385lbs humbled me ..for now. Next time I'll make sure to use an alternate grip and let my body rest for a few minutes.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smile 7/18/2015

I decided to change it up a little from the Stronglifts routine.

I haven't done a high volume workout in a while so I figured I would see how my body responds to them now.

Squat- 4X8 165lb
    Bench- 4X10 115lb
    Row- 2X8 115lb, 3X5 115lb
    Curl- 4X8 60lb
    Chinups- 3X1
    Dips- 4X5, 1X4
    Leg Raise- 2X12
    Reverse Crunch- 2X10
    Tricep Extension- 4X8 50lb

It took about an hour and a half to complete, but I felt pretty good afterwards. It was nice doing squats and actually getting to "feel" them. Doing the 5X5 routine is nice for building strength, but I can't really focus on the ROM and feel of the exercise itself. It's mainly about getting the weight from point A to point B without dying. Walking out with less weight on the bar was so comforting too. I felt like I had control over the weight itself. Normally the weight is pretty crushingly heavy (for me) and I can't really enjoy the exercise.

I went to failure on my last set of dips, which turned out to be 4 reps. My triceps were pretty much dead after the extensions. I haven't done much tri work other than bench and push-ups in a while.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smile 7/20/2015

Squat- 4X8 165lb
    OHP- 5X5 85lb
    Curl- 4X10 60lb
    Chinups- 3X1
    Leg Raise- 3X12
    Reverse Crunch- 3X12
    Dumbell Shoulder Press- 1X5, 2X8 50lb
    Deadlift 1X5 270lb

Another night of high volume. So far so good. I was a little tired for deadlifts, but still finished them up. I went with the same reps for deadlifts and OHP since I did some shoulder work with the dumbbell press and higher volume on the squat. I'm on week 2 of my cut....I hate cutting. I could definitely feel a huge difference in overall energy between today and Saturday's workout. I had almost double the calories on Saturday, and triple the carbs. So I was a little more energized to say the least.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yesterday 7/22/2015

....F U C K yesterday

I felt like S hit, didn't workout and ended up eating allot of cookies.

On to today!

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cool 7/27/2015

I'm just glad I got to lift yesterday. Last week was complete and utter ****. I had a migraine almost every single day, and felt completely horrible and sore all week. I don't know if it's from cutting, but it's probably at the least my body adjusting to it's new calorie intake.

I've been nursing a rotator cuff injury since Dec. and I think the reason it hasn't healed up is because of squats. I've been squatting pretty much 1-3 times a week since I hurt it. Getting my arms on the barbell has always hurt my right shoulder pretty bad which is where the injury is. Every time I don't squat for a week it feels much better, but to get my arms back around the bar I feel like I'm ripping it apart. Last night I was extremely careful and used a really wide grip with squats. I've also been doing dumbbell bench more since it doesn't hurt as bad. I did a very small set with 25s last night to see how it reacted, but it started to hurt so I stopped. I'll be doing dumbbell bench until it heals fully for sure.

I'm trying a few new things diet-wise. I'm switching to a lower carb approach and increasing my protein. Roughly a 40P/40F/20C approach. So far it's been working well.

- Flat Bench-
    10X45
    10X45
    10X45
    8X95

-Dumbbell Bench-
    8X100
    10X100
    10X100
    10X100

-Pendlay Rows-
    5X115
    5X115
    5X115

-Ez-Bar Curls-
    5X65
    8X65
    1X95
    1X95
    8X65

-Chinups-
    1X3

-Dips-
    1X5
    1X5
    1X5

-Hanging Leg Raise-
    1X5
    1X5
    1X5

-Hanging Reverse Crunch-
    1X5
    1X5
    1X5

-Barbell Back Squat-
    10X45
    10X95
    10X115
    5X165
    5X165
    5X165

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

7/31/2015

Catching up on logging some stuff.

-Deadlift-
    1X245

-Ez-Bar Curls-
    10X50
    8X50
    5X65
    5X65
    1X95

-Chinups-
    1X3

-Dips-
    1X5
    1X5
    1X5
    1X5
    1X5

-Hanging Leg Raise-
    1X12
    1X12
    1X5

-Hanging Reverse Crunch-
    1X12
    1X5
    1X5

-Barbell Back Squat-
    5X95
    5X165
    5X170

-Overhead Press-
    5X95
    5X95
    5X95
    5X95
    5X95

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Diet rant

Cutting has been killing me - no pun intended.

I ran about week between 2200-2300 cals and felt pretty good. I kept carbs a little lower and fats and protein up. This with just my standard 3 days a week lifting and my desk job I was noticing some fat loss and I actually felt "bigger" as far as muscle mass goes.

...Now comes this past week.

In prepping for the 6 week My Next Level challenge I decided to down my cals to 1900, add cardio 4 times a week, and started taking Xenadrine (mainly because I had some already) in the mornings and in the evenings for the extra energy boost and the "fat burning" it's supposed to help with(mainly the green tea and the caffeine)

Yesterday I felt like complete and utter ass and decided to binge a little on some cookies and a few other misc foods - felt great, don't regret it.

I took a step back this morning and realized that I've been feeling like **** and my daily life and work life has been suffering because of it. Then I realized that I basically went from eating 2300 calories a day with little activity to eating 1900 and adding lots of activity and sweat. While the 2200-2300 was a still a deficit, it was something I could live with and function normally on. I estimate I'm realistically getting 1500-1600 calories with the added activity and caffeine intake.

This is the area that I start to loose allot of muscle mass and strength. I made this mistake before when I did keto for a month and I have regretted it ever since. I started to look "skinny fat" real quick.....well more or less just fat.

I've been wanting to add cardio for a while now, and by that I mean like 4 years. This is the first time in my life I feel like I'm actually building up to being able to jog around my block without feeling like my heart is going to burst out of my chest. Which should be a easy feat for any 25 year old.

So here are my notes from this last week (by notes I mean I'm rattling off what I can remember on the spot )

**Positive**
    Xenadrine - While I'm not one for magic "fat burner" this seems to give me a decent burst of energy and has given me motivation to move more and eat less (the eating less part is a double edged sword). Honestly if it was a placebo and nothing but a sugar pill I would still buy it because it's given me motivation to do morning cardio (something I've been wanting to do for years now). I had a bottle left from a year ago and decided to try one out. The energy is extremely smooth (1 pill which is half a dose) and the focus is pretty decent as well. It really does kill my appetite which may be from the caffeine since coffee does the same thing. Either way I'm looking forward to keeping this with my morning cardio regiment.

Cottage Cheese - This is random, but I discovered that I love cottage cheese. This is great because it's packed full of protein and makes hitting macros easier.

In summation, the main positives from the past week of diet experimenting were the increased energy, addition of morning cardio, and cottage cheese.

**Negative**

Aside from having the increase in energy I felt pretty ****ty whenever the caffeine wore off. I also felt fairly weak and weird mentally. My mind was pretty foggy and my senses were not the greatest. My performance at work suffered, and my day-to-day was also on the downfall. Unless I was pumped full of caffeine I was a zombie.

After morning cardio I felt amazing, but 2-3 hours later I would feel pretty horrible.

I'm almost 100% sure that this is in relation to my calories. If I'm eating anything less than 2300 I start feeling strange. The lower it gets the worse I feel. With the added cardio and the sweating and movement increase from the caffeine I was roughly burning 300-600 calories more per day than I usually do.

Long story short; I need to up my calories.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) themonkay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Upping the calories does seem like the best approach for now. How long have you been cutting for in total?
    ig: @monkaycrak

Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173015051

5/7/16 Meet Results: 391/237/534 @ 161.

9/24/16 Meet Results: 402/242/528 @ 159.

3/18/17 Meet Results: 402/253/545 @ 163.

Originally Posted by themonkay View Post
    Upping the calories does seem like the best approach for now. How long have you been cutting for in total?
    Right at a month. I did close to a month of maintenance in June, and then was on a cut before that since January.

I'm down a little over 30lbs since January right now.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think I'm still going to shoot for 1900 on off days and then maybe do 2100-2300 on training days.

I saw some really nice progress yesterday after my workout. Even my wife said something about it. I've also lost about 1.25" off my waist since last month so I know something is definitely working.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Catch up...

Haven't input any of my workouts in here in a while so I'm going to play catch up.

**8/4/2015**
    Pendlay Row -2X5, 1X7 115lbs
    Dumbbell Bench - 3X12 + 3X5 close grip supersets 100lbs
    Curls - 5,5,8,10 65lbs
    Dips - 5,7,7,5
    Leg Raise - 12,8,5
    Reverse Crunch - 12,8,5
    Squat - 1X3 185lbs

Light workout. Should have done more, but wasn't feeling the greatest.

**8/10/2015**
    Curls - 8,8,10,8 65lbs
    Shrugs- 1X12 100lbs
    Dumbell Bench - 1X15 100lbs
    Squat 3X5 165lbs
    OHP- 5X5 100lbs
    Deadlift- 1X5 245lbs, 1X5 225lbs
    Reverse Crunch- 12,12,12
    Leg Raise- 12,12,12
    Dips- 5,7,7

This one was a little better, but still needed some work. Squats not as heavy as they needed to be.

**8/12/2015**

Squats - 5X5 175lbs
    Curl- 6,8,10 65lbs
    Dumbbell Bench- 3X10, 2X15 (Each supersetted with 5 close grip reps) 100lbs
    Row- 2X5 120lbs

This workout was much better. Stayed on task and finished out my squats which I haven't finished in a while. I got really tired during the rows and was already at 80 minutes into the workout so I decided to cut it off.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was just looking at my weight log and trying to compare how much weight that I've lost and realized how skewed my weight was from when I was doing keto. I'm pretty sure I was close to 10lbs heavier than what I had thought with water weight and glycogen out of mix. The moment I had my first high carb day I gained allot of weight back, but I was still in a deficit. I was checking because I'm around the same weight as I was a few months back, but substantially leaner and I've been in a deficit pretty much the entire time.

Fcuckin keto weight loss got me all confused an chit. .. oh well

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Oh, just stumbled on this that I forgot to add a few weeks ago

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...bf&oe=5647CEB1

I ate this as one of my last cheat meals before my "before" photos for the MNL challenge. I also had a full pepperoni pizza a few days later. ...ah the memories..

-Ralph Waldo Emerson