Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

WMS (or any high GI carbs) after endurance workout???

I usually take WMS or Dextrose PWO after intense lifting.

1 days each week I strictly do endurance style lifting --- plyo, stair jumps, burpies, bag training, stability ball, etc... basically, I don't do any heavy, low rep lifting

...is it necessary to use the WMS or Dextrose PWO on these days or would it be better to substitute Oats?
    It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential - Bruce Lee
    www.kylelouismusic.com

ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ASFx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would use oats. The latest research shows that causing huge insulin spikes with fast carbs isn't necessary for glycogen replenishment. Check out Alan Aragon's research report about this and many other important topics regarding bodybuilding.

http://user210805.websitewizard.com/...R-Jan-2008.pdf
    (Success!)Come show your support and vote for Optimum Nutrition to release an all natural version of their casein and egg proteins:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109431591

Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kyle.Lgk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ASFx View Post
    I would use oats. The latest research shows that causing huge insulin spikes with fast carbs isn't necessary for glycogen replenishment. Check out Alan Aragon's research report about this and many other important topics regarding bodybuilding.

I'm familiar with it... but I'd like an opinion from someone who is for taking High GI PWO normally
    It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential - Bruce Lee
    www.kylelouismusic.com

FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50) FoolontheHill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not so much for taking high GI stuff PWO as much as i'm not against it.

I've seen some research done saying the GI has no effect in reality.

If you're looking for glycogen replenishment just get carbs in.

If you react well to high GI, then go High GI.
    CPT, CEO, R&D

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ASFx View Post

Originally Posted by Kyle.Lgk View Post
    I'm familiar with it... but I'd like an opinion from someone who is for taking High GI PWO normally

I take High GI during, followed by oats after.

With your MMA training, if rapid glycogen replesnishment is needed between training session, then WMS may be a good idea. Otherwise, go home and have some oats+ whey it's much tasiter.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    I take High GI during, followed by oats after.

With your MMA training, if rapid glycogen replesnishment is needed between training session, then WMS may be a good idea. Otherwise, go home and have some oats+ whey it's much tasiter.
    hmm... I do my endurance day tomorrow and then I have my day off after that.

So if I'm not doing heavy lifting, and I'm taking a day off following the training... will I still benefit from an insulin spike (to those who believe in the PWO insulin spike )
    www.kylelouismusic.com

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hmm... I do my endurance day tomorrow and then I have my day off after that.

So if I'm not doing heavy lifting, and I'm taking a day off following the training... will I still benefit from an insulin spike (to those who believe in the PWO insulin spike )
    no you won't benefit. There is no need for rapid replenishment, you will just do it a bit slower, and reap the benefit of mincronutrients and stable blood sugar
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

Thanks for the feedback, repped

Question about the heavy lifting days, what about mixing high GI and low GI (oats and wms) ... will this still give me the spike while stabalizing blood sugar at the same time?
    www.kylelouismusic.com

Thanks for the feedback, repped

Question about the heavy lifting days, what about mixing high GI and low GI (oats and wms) ... will this still give me the spike while stabalizing blood sugar at the same time?
    Perhaps, the point of WMS is rapid absorption, the oats could slow that down. If you want them both, I would have the wms and then follow it with oats a bit later.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    Perhaps, the point of WMS is rapid absorption, the oats could slow that down. If you want them both, I would have the wms and then follow it with oats a bit later.
    Thanks again
    www.kylelouismusic.com

MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MegaPump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I usually take WMS or Dextrose PWO after intense lifting.

1 days each week I strictly do endurance style lifting --- plyo, stair jumps, burpies, bag training, stability ball, etc... basically, I don't do any heavy, low rep lifting

...is it necessary to use the WMS or Dextrose PWO on these days or would it be better to substitute Oats?
    I dont like dex but generally you only need a fast working carb source if your going to be doing some cardio or more training in the hours after. If you are attached to dex/wms due to supplement company brainwashing and misinformation, then you would need it even more-so with endurance training as that is way more glycogen depleting than weight training. So your answer is yes. Quick carb sources may fill you out but a slower carb is a little bit better off by your next workout and a lot healthier. Dex it just empty calories that have no satiety value which can lead to over eating, weight gain and insulin risistance.

Originally Posted by MegaPump View Post
    I dont like dex but generally you only need a fast working carb source if your going to be doing some cardio or more training in the hours after. If you are attached to dex/wms due to supplement company brainwashing and misinformation, then you would need it even more-so with endurance training as that is way more glycogen depleting than weight training. So your answer is yes. Quick carb sources may fill you out but a slower carb is a little bit better off by your next workout and a lot healthier. Dex it just empty calories that have no satiety value which can lead to over eating, weight gain and insulin risistance.
    Sounds like you read Alan Aragon's study about how high GI carbs are only necessary if you're going to train within the next 8 hours. On my endurance days, throwing dex in my intra-workout drink helps keep me going. I always play b-ball afterwards, so the WMS comes in handy for the PWO shake.

I'm not worried about satiety or empty calories... I'm bulking and really don't gain fat easily at all. I'm taking in 3-4,000 cals per day right now... and with the amount of fiber and low GI carbs I eat, I don't think I need to worry about becoming insulin resistant.

Thanks for the input
    www.kylelouismusic.com