Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)

Khronos's Lean, Mean, and Green Log - OOH-RAH

Drawing courtesy of mytemple

Background

I started lifting around December of '05. I was about 120lbs and weak physically and mentally. Did Starting Strength for awhile then bounced around 5x5 and some other cookie cutter workouts for the next couple years. Never got much beyond a soft 150lbs or so. Now that I look back on it I never trained hard enough or ate enough. I was always consistent with my diet and training but considering the time I put in I should of progressed more.

Anyhow, after wandering aimlessly through college and getting an AA degree I decided to join the United States Marine Corps in March of 2008. Got through Boot Camp and Marine Combat Training and am now receiving more training before I hit the fleet. Came out of MCT at a physically weaker but mentally stronger 135lbs. Been back in the gym for 2 months now and am back up to 150 and am stronger then I ever was beforehand. Muscle memory is awesome.

Purpose

This log is mostly for my own records, it's a bit hectic getting my workouts in and is only going to get worse for me in the next couple weeks. Going to be doing a lot of training and will be low on time. But, I want to keep headed in the right direction for not only how I want to look but how the Marine Corps needs me to be. As a Marine I have to train my body first and foremost for endurance and strength. It isn't really an option for me, my unit PTs a lot and I run many miles a week. This is obviously a bit of an obstacle compared to most on here but I feel I can achieve a solid balance between size, strength, and endurance.

Goal

- 10-12% BF @ 160bs.
    - 20+ Pullups with a ~20 minute 3 mile run time
    - Strength and endurance gains in all areas
    - Time for achievement: As fast as possible.

Current Stats

Height- 5'6" (yes manlet)
    Weight- 150lbs last I checked.
    BF- 15% or so. Slight upper ab definition.

Marine Corps Stats
    Pullups- 18 most ever completed. Could probably already do 20.
    3 mile time- 21:30 as of about a month ago.

Bodybuilding/Strength Stats
    Bench- 75x4 (DBs, no reliable spot atm)
    Military Press- 115x5
    Squat- 215x5 (PR on this lift is 240ish pre-Boot Camp)
    SLDL- 210x20 (I like high reps)

Plan of Attack

As of now, I PT around 4 times a week @ 5am. We normally do stuff like 4.5 mile runs, but sometimes we do crazy stuff like buddy carries/drags, rifle pt, boots & utes runs (running with boots suckkkkkks), flak runs, and other random **** no one in their right mind would ever do unless they were forced to.

I have to mold my lifting schedule around it on occasion. If I know we are doing something that requires a rested body I will delay a workout. But ideally, it lines up something like this:

Monday- Upper Body Strength Day
    Tuesday- REST
    Wednesday- Upper Body Hypertrophy/Endurance (Shoulders/Back Focus)
    Thursday- REST
    Friday- Legs/Lower Back
    Saturday- Upper Body Hypertrophy/Endurance (Chest Focus)
    Sunday- REST

In addition, everyday except Sunday includes the Recon Ron Pullup Program.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recon_Ron_Pull-up_Program
    I am currently doing 54 pullups daily in sets of 16, 11, 9, 9, 9.

"REST", besides Sunday, is kind of a joke. I'm doing at least some PT in the morning or the pullup program on all of these days. On occasion, I will also do some runs independent of what I am forced to do if I feel it isn't enough.

My actual lifting workouts are also rather unorthodox compared to the traditional 8-12 reps of 12 sets that you see in many splits. I tend to do a variety of rep ranges of anywhere from 5 up to 25 reps and do a lot of supersets of pushups for endurance. I usually do around 20-30 sets, depending on what you count as a set. A big reason I started this log was so I could have a place to keep track of my lifts to ensure progress. I do so many sets of a variety of lifts its hard to keep track of in my head and I'm not much of a pen and paper kind of a guy so this seems like the best place.

Diet

Whatever the chow hall serves up 3 times a day plus a couple smaller meals before morning PT and before bed that I purchase myself. Chow hall food ain't bad, but it ain't great. There is a salad bar where I get a variety of limitless veggies, and theres almost always some relatively lean meat of questionable origin that gets the job done. Seeing as I do a lot of two-a-days and endurance type **** I eat A LOT. I'm the shortest guy in my platoon but eat more then just about any of them. I'd guesstimate around 4k on an average day. I estimate individual meals based on the approximations they give at the chow hall then add whatever I buy for myself. Plenty of proteins and vegetables, don't worry much about how everything else breaks down.

Supplements

Gaspari Superpump250

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/super.html

I love this stuff. Just started taking it a little over a month ago. I've tried lots of supplements from a number of the more respected companies in the industry but nothing even comes close to what this has done for me. It gives me a focus and endurance that I've never had before, it's a staple for me.

Gaspari SizeOn

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/size.html

I was so amazed with the effect of SuperPump250 that I decided to switch from just plain old creatine mono to something a bit fancier. I just started it today and will log my thoughts over the next couple weeks.

Scivation Xtend

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/xtend.html

A staple of mine for the last couple years. Seems to of always kept muscle fatigue and soreness minimal.

Optimum 100% Whey Protein

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

I don't use this that often. I'm not too big on the whole protein shake thing, I only use this as part of a last resort meal replacement. Not easy for me to store protein sources in the barracks so this sometimes has to do the job.

Also taking:
    600mg ALA
    3 tbsp Whole Flaxseeds
    Multi-Vitamin
    5g Creatine Mono on off days

In two weeks will be adding Designer Supplements ActivaTe Xtreme to my stack. Heard good things about it and will give it a try once I fully assess the effectiveness of SizeOn.

Starting Pics

No camera unfortunately. I'm a poor PFC in the USMC I plan on getting one in the next couple months so hopefully I can start taking some progress pics starting then. Should be right around a cutting phase that I plan to undertake which is probably the best time to take pictures anyhow.
    Last edited by Khronos; 09-19-2008 at 09:42 PM.
    "Why in the Hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men, why can't they be like Marines?"
    In a letter to HQMC, dated 12 Feb. 1918, concerning a inspection of Marines by Gen John J. Black Jack Pershing, CinC, AEF

Khronos' Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110704291

Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000) Khronos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Day 1
    080919 (September 19th, 2008)

So here it goes...

Marine Corps PT

Had Company-Wide PT this morning. A Colonel stopped by for a retirement ceremony so we ran in formation to cadence. A really slow 2 mile run followed by some table exercises (pushups, mountain climbers, abs) followed by a motivating speech by the Colonel that was cut short by thunder.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Today was Upper Body Hypertrophy/Endurance which means high reps and lots of dropsets and supersets with short rest times of 30-60 seconds.

Pullups (Recon Ron Program)

DB Bench Supersetted w/ Pushups
    12x60, 15 pushups
    8x60, 10 pushups
    6x60, 10 pushups

One-arm DB Rows
    15x60
    12x70

Seated Cable Row
    15x90
    15x100

Standing Arnold Press Supersetted w/ Pushups (I never press seated...feels akward)
    15x35, 25 pushups
    12x35, 20 pushups
    10x35, 20 pushups

DB Fly SS w/Lateral Raise SS w/Front Raise SS w/ Pushups
    15x25, 15x25, 8x20, 25 pushups

Left pec not feeling the DB Fly in a good way so I only did it once.

DB Lateral Raise SS w/Front Raise SS w/Pushups
    15x25,10x20, 15 pushups
    15x25, 8x20, 15 pushups

DB Triceps Extension
    15x40
    15x40

Total Sets 20. 33 counting the supersets as their own set.
    Time 50 minutes

Pretty good workout. As you can see this isn't a traditional bodybuilding workout. I do a lot in a pretty short amount of time. Im sweating buckets throughout much of my workout.

Diet was decent, got about 4k calories.

Size On, Day 1
    Today was my first time trying SizeOn, I did notice that I recovered a lot quicker after my workout was done. The glucose definitely recharged me quick. I normally have a little bit of a jitter going on after I hit the gym from being so spent but that didn't seem to be there today. Tastes like cotton candy when combined with Xtend.
    "Why in the Hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men, why can't they be like Marines?"
    In a letter to HQMC, dated 12 Feb. 1918, concerning a inspection of Marines by Gen John J. Black Jack Pershing, CinC, AEF

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 2
    080920 (September 20th 2008)

Recon Ron Pullups

Wanted to run 3 miles today but legs were really sore so I did an easy 1.5 mile run in 11:00 and then did a half dozen short sprints. Then did 10 minutes of abs.

Upper body fatigued but not sore. Tomorrow gonna take the whole day off.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 3
    080921 (September 21st 2008)

Complete day off. Ate about 3k calories.

Khronos' Workout Journal

aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lookin good bro. I feel your pain with the chow hall accommodations. The one thing I like about my chow hall is the endless supply of boiled eggs, low fat cottage cheese, and the salad bar. As far as main line, most of it is pretty nasty and greasy. I usually go fast-food line and get a grilled chicken sandwich and toss the nasty bun.

Your training looks pretty intense. I've just re-established my new goals and am currently trying to bulk up about 10 lbs. I created a workout plan based off of one of Arnold Schwarzenegger's workouts that I used a few years ago. I'm really liking it so far. My entire body was sore by the end of last week, even while eating 4k cals a day and supplementation. It's similar to yours with high reps low rest periods, high intensity, and quick; I hate to spend more than an hour in the gym.

Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    Lookin good bro. I feel your pain with the chow hall accommodations. The one thing I like about my chow hall is the endless supply of boiled eggs, low fat cottage cheese, and the salad bar. As far as main line, most of it is pretty nasty and greasy. I usually go fast-food line and get a grilled chicken sandwich and toss the nasty bun.

Your training looks pretty intense. I've just re-established my new goals and am currently trying to bulk up about 10 lbs. I created a workout plan based off of one of Arnold Schwarzenegger's workouts that I used a few years ago. I'm really liking it so far. My entire body was sore by the end of last week, even while eating 4k cals a day and supplementation. It's similar to yours with high reps low rest periods, high intensity, and quick; I hate to spend more than an hour in the gym.
    Yea the salad bar **** is the only way I get by. Like for example today the best options were like some cheese/potato mix or meatloaf. I just skipped the entire line and went to the salad bar, loaded up on some crumbled boiled eggs, chopped grilled chicken, bowl of veggies, baked potato, and wheat bread.

As for the training, not only have I found I grow better with it, but I think the high intensity training would prove useful if one were to find themselves in a combat situation. I don't want to be carrying a bunch of weight that is all show no go...I'm looking for dense muscle tissue that doesn't slow me down too much.
    Last edited by Khronos; 09-22-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 4
    080922 (September 22nd 2008)

Marine Corps PT

Mock PFT this morning @ 0515. For the first time I hit 20 pullups! Got the easy 100 crunches. Unfortunately, I've lost a minute on my run...ran 3 miles in 22:30. I've gained quite a bit of weight in the past month since I last ran 3 miles and it really slowed me down on the second half of my run. My lungs felt great but my legs felt heavy (carrying extra weight). Still my best score ever...273. Might need to do some running on my own in place of my leg workouts if I want to bring this up...

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Today was my Upper Body Strength Day. A little longer rest times for the most part, but still quite a bit of volume.

Recon Ron Pullup Program

DB Bench
    5x75 (PR)
    3x75
    5x70
    5x70 SS w/ 20 pushups

Military Press
    4x120...couldn't get the 5th...form subpar
    4x115...burned myself out a bit on previous set
    5x110
    5x110

BB Yates Row
    135x5
    145x5 SS w/40 pushups
    145x5 SS w/25 pushups
    145x7 SS w/25 pushups

DB Lateral Raise SS w/DB Front Raise SS w/Pushups
    15x30, 12x15, 25 pushups
    10x30, 12x20, 30 pushups

Total Sets 19. 27 counting supersets.
    Time 57 minutes. Up rest time on strength lifts.

Size On, Day 4
    Watered it down a bit more, went down easier. Felt as though I recovered quicker then normal during my WO and PWO.

Khronos' Workout Journal

aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaronk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Khronos
    As for the training, not only have I found I grow better with it, but I think the high intensity training would prove useful if one were to find themselves in a combat situation. I don't want to be carrying a bunch of weight that is all show no go...I'm looking for dense muscle tissue that doesn't slow me down too much.
    Yeah, I had a similar realization about a month ago when I started reading about the new CFT.

Originally Posted by aaronk View Post
    Yeah, I had a similar realization about a month ago when I started reading about the new CFT.
    Yea I enjoy the CFT. Lot of guys dread it because they are skinny and just not ready for intensity. They can run for miles on the PFT but see Jesus on the CFT. We actually had a Marine pass out last week.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 5
    080923 (September 23rd 2008)

Marine Corps PT

Ran about 2.5 miles in boots & utes at a pretty good pace. Good PT, hurts the shins like crazy though.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Recon Ron Pullups

10 minutes of abs

Really tired all day...only got 6 hrs of sleep and had 12 hrs of duty...might of dozed off once or twice
    Diet was okay...I probably ate too much considering I only ran a couple miles...probably around 3.5k calories.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 6
    080924 (September 24th 2008)

Marine Corps PT
    Did a 2 mile Indian Run (person in back sprints to front of column, new back person sprints to front of column, etc.) w/ Boots & Utes, flak, while carrying a 10lb sandbag. Also built a house and some other somewhat fun PT.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Today is my upper body hypertrophy/endurance day with a focus on back and shoulders. Basically I just try and throw another half dozen sets or so that way.

Recon Ron Pullup Program

Standing Arnold Press
    12x40
    10x40
    12x35

Seated Cable Row
    12x100
    10x100
    15x85 (really slow eccentric movement)

Tricep Press/Dip SS w/Pushups
    15x180, 20 pushups
    10x200, 15 pushups

Dips SS w/Pushups
    10xBW, 25 pushups
    8xBW, 20 pushups

Wide Grip Pullups SS w/Pushups
    10xBW, 30 pushups
    8xBW, 40 pushups

15x30, 15x15, 25 pushups
    15x30, 12x15, 25 pushups
    15x30, 15x15, 40 pushups

Total Sets 20. 32 counting Supersets.
    Time 46 minutes

Real good workout. Decided to increase the weights and lower the reps on a couple lifts. Normally I do my presses in the 20 rep area, knocked it down to like 10 or 12 today. Gonna try and get them to 15+ in the next week or two. Pushup stamina measurably better then ever before.

Diet was also pretty good with the exception of the Peanut Butter Brownie that our Scribes wife brought in ...gonna get in around 4k calories again.

Size On, Day 6

Only took 1/2 scoop today. I feel as though 1 scoop is just too much sugar and almost nauesating both in taste and how it makes me feel. Added about 2 grams of creatine mono with it.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 7
    080925 (September 25th 2008)

Marine Corps PT

Today for whatever reason we were told to just go to the gym for 40 minutes instead of doing anything organized. I didn't feel like doing much so I just did my pullups then hid in the sauna

Recon Ron Pullups

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Today I decided to do my leg day despite a bad kink in my neck that hurts whenever I move my head to one side. Right quad was also feeling a bit tight. Anyhow I wanted to get my leg day off today so I could hopefully recover for a run by Saturday. The past couple months I'm usually sore as hell from no more then 12-15 working sets so I decided to cut it back some and see how it goes.

Parallel Squats
    5x90
    5x135
    5x165
    2x200
    5x220 (5 lbs more then previous week, PR is like 245 pre-boot)

Deadlift
    5x135
    5x180
    5x220
    5x245
    5x275

First time I've gone heavy on deadlifts since before boot. Felt good. Probably coulda done more.

Lunges
    15x115
    15x115
    15x115

45 degree Hyperextension
    25x25
    25x25
    25x25

Just did some high rep lower back work for the burn w/ a 25lb. plate.

Total Sets Really only like 8 work sets...but the squats were in 5x5 format so they did a bit more work then it appears.
    Time 40 mins

As you can see I took it easy. Just really trying to go high intensity with the big important lifts. Want to do some sprints either tomorrow or Saturday so I wanted my legs to stay fresh and DOMS-free. It was field day today also and was moving a lot of heavy **** and moving around cleaning so I feel way more tired then normal. Diet was good as usual...probably gonna come in around 3.5k calories.

Size On, Day 7
    Once again took half a serving. Not really a workout the required much in endurance so I wasn't really expecting any help.
    Last edited by Khronos; 09-25-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 8
    080926 (September 26th 2008)

Marine Corps PT

Don't have PT on Fridays but we had a couple free hours before we got released for the weekend so we got gym time. Played a game of racquetball...not really a workout though.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Upper Body Hypertrophy/Endurance with a focus on my Chest.

Pullups (Recon Ron Program)

DB Bench
    13x60
    7x60
    10x55, 15 pushups

Seated Cable Rows
    15x110
    12x110
    15x100

Incline DB Bench SS w/Pushups
    10x50, 15 pushups
    8x50, 15 pushups
    12x45, 15 pushups

Dips
    12xBW, 15 pushups
    10xBW, 10 pushups
    8xBW, 10 pushups

Standing Cable Fly SS w/Pushups
    15x40, 10 pushups
    12x40, 10 pushups
    20x30, 10 pushups

15x30,12x15, 20 pushups
    15x30,8x15, 20 pushups
    15x30,8x15, 30 pushups

Seated Rear Lateral Raise SS w/Pushups
    20x80, 25 pushups

Total Sets 24. 41 counting supersets...lulz
    Time 55 mins.

Another good workout. I was a bit concerned going in because I hit it pretty good a couple days ago and have been feeling some joint stiffness + the sore neck. But I still killed it. The pushup numbers are probably a bit off, when you do so many sets you can't really remember everything. But most pushup sets get pretty close to total failure. Lifts up a bit across the board compared to last week.

Diet so far has been good. I looked pretty swole after todays workout. Weighed in at 152 (with shoes) so I'm pretty sure I'm only around 150 normally, not sure why i weighed in at 150 a couple weeks ago. Still heavier then I've ever been.

Size On, Day 8
    Went with half a serving intra workout and I was so spent I went ahead and had the other half PWO. Recovered quicker then I normally would, jitters I used to have are almost certainly related to a lack of energy. I used to be skeptical of intra-workout glucose replenishment but now that I'm doing two or three times the volume I used to it seems to make a big difference.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 9
    080927 (September 27th 2008)

Did a run around the perimeter of my base...a little under 4 miles in 31 mins.

Recon Ron Pullups

Felt like I could do a bit more so I did some sprints.

Sprinted 20-25 seconds followed by 20 secs or so of light jogging/speed walking x10

Gonna do a small ab circuit before I go to bed.

Diet was good until dinner. I went to the mall and went to Whataburger and splurged on a Double w/cheese and fries. 10g trans fat Calories should come in around 3.7k.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 10
    080928 (September 28th 2008)

Day off. Didn't do a thing except eat and play computer games. Diet was pretty decent, I probably ate too much for doing nothing...around 3k calories.

My left knee is feeling really tight on the back portion (upper calf). Donno what the hell the problem is but it needs rest.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 11

Marine Corps PT

We were supposed to have a PFT but our GySgt didn't show so we are gonna do it tomorrow. Today we did some really light PT but I sat it out to rest my knee.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Upper Body Strength Day.

DB Bench
    4x75...failed 5th rep pretty upset about that
    5x70
    5x70
    2x75,4x65, 25 pushups....Was feeling strong on the 5x70s so I tried to give 75s another shot but it didn't go well so I dropped the 75s and pushed some 65s real quick then burned out with some pushups.

Recon Ron Pullups

These felt weak. I really prefer doing them at the beginning of my workout but someone was using the gyms only pullup bar so I had to work around it.

Military Press
    5x115
    5x115
    5x115
    5x110

BB Yates Rows SS w/Pushups
    5x135, 30 pushups
    5x155, 30 pushups
    7x155, 25 pushups

BB Shrugs
    8x185, 25 pushups
    8x185, 25 pushups
    10x185, 30 pushups

Total Sets 19. 26 counting pushups.
    Time 60 mins

Mediocre workout. Probably my least successful since I started logging. Some Marine Corps **** has been bothering me lately and I wasn't as focused as I would of liked. Still got it done. Marine Corps PT is going to ramp up significantly starting Monday so I'm really hoping I still have the energy to make it to the gym as often as I have been.

Diet is ok. Coming in around 3.4k calories. I'm trying to cut back a bit since I feel as though I'm starting to gain a bit of fat and just in general too much mass too quick. Starting to affect my 3 mile run I think. I might start trying to lean out in the next couple weeks.

Size On, Day 10
    Half serving. This workout isn't really that intense so the glycogen replenishment wasn't really a big deal. Muscles seem to be a bit fuller then I was on mono several weeks ago.
    Last edited by Khronos; 09-29-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 12

Marine Corps PT

Had a mock PFT today. 20 pullups, 100 crunches, 22:13 3-mile run time. Scored 274, not bad but I really want that run around 20.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Recon Ron Pullups

Diet was okay. Was really hungry all day. Probably about 3.5k calories again. I weighed in officially at 148 this morning. I donno how but I lost 1 lb in the last month or two. I eat so much I just don't know how thats possible. I eat til I can barely move usually and yet I lose weight. I look better in the mirror though so I'm not ready to up the calories. I might be recomping a bit without even intending to.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 13
    081001 (October 1st 2008)

Marine Corps PT

Today was pretty fun. Our XO and Co GySgt lead our platoon of about 20 Marines on a boots & utes run and would throw a football around and make us sprint after it and try and catch back up to the platoon. Ran a couple miles total. Half way in we took a break and did some table exercises and some ground fighting Good PT.

Also to note is for about half an hour we carried some new dehumidifiers around for 30 minutes for our barracks. Got a pretty good sweat going on that.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Today is Upper Body Hypertrophy/Endurance. Was a bit concerned about my energy levels since I was pretty spent from PT earlier in the day and the work we had to do. I was feeling kinda flat going in.

Recon Ron Pullups

Standing DB Arnold Press SS w/Pushups
    15x40, 20 pushups
    10x40, 20 pushups
    15x30,5x25, 15 pushups

Seated Rows
    15x100
    10x100,5x85
    15x70

Machine Dips (Tricep Press) SS w/ Pushups
    15x200, 20 pushups
    10x200, 10 pushups

Dips SS w/Pushups
    10xBW, 15 pushups

Upright Rows
    15x60
    12x70
    15x60

8x35/4x30, 12x15, 25 pushups
    15x30, 12x15, 25 pushups

20x80, 25 pushups
    15x80, 30 pushups

Total Sets 21, 33 counting supersets
    Time 55 mins

Pretty happy with the workout. Wasn't expecting much but I busted out a few extra reps on a couple lifts.

Size On, Day 13
    Half serving pre and post WO, got nothing new to add other then it seemed to once again help on the last half dozen supersets as the glucose kicked in.

Diet was good, probably coming in a tad over 4k calories for the day.

I'm slightly considering deloading next week. I'm either going to stop lifting entirely and maybe do pullups every other day + whatever I get from Marine Corps PT OR just drastically lower the volume but keep some intensity on a couple compounds. Either way I think I need to take a rest, been pushing hard for the last 3+ months.
    Last edited by Khronos; 10-02-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 14
    081002 (October 10th 2008)

Marine Corps PT

Our PT was cancelled this morning. We had a health and comfort inspection at 1 in the morning that lasted 3 hours. We were fortunate enough to be allowed to sleep til 8am.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Since we didn't do PT, we went to the gym in the afternoon. So I did legs.

Recon Ron Pullups

Parallel Squat
    5x90
    5x125
    5x165
    5x205
    5x225 (+5 prev week)

Deadlift
    5x130
    5x180
    5x225
    5x255
    5x280 (+5 last week)

For whatever reason we got called back from the gym early to get released so my workout was cut short at 40 mins. Did some hammie work in our ****ty barracks gym when we were free to go.

45 degree Hyperextension
    20x35
    20x50
    20x50

Total Sets 18. Only 10 subtracting the warmup sets for squats/deads.
    Time 45 mins

Brief but intense workout. Accomplished what I wanted to, +5 on the big lifts. Legs not overly spent, will run this weekend.

Size On, Day 14
    I was pretty drowsy due to the interrupted sleep but the SuperPump250 + SizeOn gave me a nice energy boost for this workout.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 15
    081003 (October 3rd 2008)

Marine Corps PT

No PT on Fridays. Field Day.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Upper Body Hypertrophy/Endurance w/ Chest Focus

Recon Ron Pullups

DB Bench
    10x65
    7x65
    10x60, 20 pushups

DB One Arm Rows
    10x70
    10x70

Incline DB Bench SS w/ Pushups
    12x50, 15 pushups
    7x50, 10 pushups
    10x40, 10 pushups

Dips
    14xBW, 15 pushups
    10xBW, 10 pushups

Tricep Press/Machine Dip
    10x160, 15 pushups

Pec Deck SS w/ Pushups
    15x100, 15 pushups
    15x110, 10 pushups

15x30, 10x20, 20 pushups
    15x30, 12x15, 15 pushups

Standing Cable Flys SS w/Pushups
    15x30, 20 pushups
    15x30, 25 pushups

Total Sets 22. 37 counting supersets.
    Time 64 minutes

Great workout. Came in focused and ready to push myself hard. Added a couple reps to just about every major compound in my routine. Got a real awesome chest pump.

Only bad thing is when I was letting the DBs down on my Inclines I think I may of ****ed up my wrist. One side of the DB hit the inside portion of my wrist now its pretty sore. Hopefully just a bruise and not a fracture.

Size On, Day 15
    Probably the last day I'm going to keep a log on this product. Took half pre workout and half post workout. Helped at the end of my workout.

I think for someone with high volume the glucose replenishment is a big plus. People with lower volume probably aren't really going to get anything out of it. I'm not entirely convinced that the creatine in SizeOn is any better then mono, but I do seem to get slightly better pumps and look a bit more full, but that could just be me progressing. I probably will work myself off of SizeOn in the next month or so whenever my tub runs out, and see if I notice any significant losses. Based on whatever I notice then, I may re-purchase it. I suggest anyone looking for something fancier then plain old mono to give it a try.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 16
    0810004 (October 4th 2008)

Recon Ron Pullups

Saturday was not a great day for my physical fitness. I managed to get out on the track and ran 2 miles, then did a mile of sprints. Also got my pullups in. Unfortunately I went out and got wasted. Normally I only have a beer or two on the weekends but I had lots of rum, probably set myself back a bit.
    Last edited by Khronos; 10-05-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 17
    081005 (October 5th 2008)

Rest. Bad Hangover.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 18
    081006 (October 6th 2008)

Marine Corps PT

Today I started PTing with a new platoon. We did a **** load of LZ Drills and table excercises. Couple guys passed out. Good stuff.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Upper Body Strength Day. My schedule has changed up quite a bit so I now will be doing all my workouts in Boots & Utes. Obviously making the pullups more challenging so I stayed at the same number again this week but have +5-7lbs on me in the form of trousers and boots.

Recon Ron Pullups

DB Bench
    5x75
    5x75
    5x75, 20 pushups

Really strong on these. Might have to try 80 next week.

Military Press
    5x120
    5x115
    5x110

BB Row SS w/ Pushups
    5x155, 30 pushups
    5x155, 35 pushups
    5x155, 30 pushups

BB Shrugs SS w/ Pushups
    8x205, 30 pushups
    8x205, 25 pushups
    8x205, 30 pushups

Total Sets 17. 24 counting supersets.
    Time ~60 mins

Awesome workout. Really wasn't expecting to do much considering the table exercises that fried my delts earlier in the day. Everything seemed really strong, PRs across the board. Must be all the rum I consumed on Saturday.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 19
    081007 (October 7th 2008)

Marine Corps PT

We had a ton of lightening and thunder in the morning. It actually knocked out my cable (hence not posting 3 days in a row). PT cancelled.

Did 2 miles on an elliptical (saving my shins) and ran a mile or so in the evening.

Also did my pullups - 17,11,10,9,9

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 20
    081008 (October 8th 2008)

Marine Corps PT

PT was switched to 1600 instead of 0500 like it has been. Its still friggin hot and humid at 1600, but we did some table exercises and sprints. Was incredibly dehydrated by the end, couple guys puked. Really pushed my lung capacity.

Did my pullups afterwards - 17,11,10,9,9

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 21
    081009 (October 9th 2008)

Marine Corps PT

Got a 4 day weekend (for Columbus day lulz) so we didn't PT. PLT Commander is taking it easy but we're gonna be hitting it hard next Tuesday. Lots of running in boots.

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Technically I was due for Upper Body Hypertrophy/Shoulders with a Back/Shoulders focus but I decided I wanted to do chest instead. Its more fun.

Recon Ron Pullups

DB Bench
    13x65
    10x65
    9x60, 20 pushups

Seated Rows
    15x100
    15x85
    12x85, left arm only 15x40

DB Incline Bench
    14x45
    11x45
    10x40, 20 pushups

Dips
    15xBW, 15 pushups
    12xBW, 10 pushups

Tricep Press
    15x160, 10 pushups

Standing Cable Flys SS w/Pushups
    (Declined)20x20, 15 pushups
    (Level)15x30, 15 pushups
    (Inclined)15x40, 15 pushups

Pec Deck SS w/ Seated Rear Lateral Raise SS w/Pushups
    20x80, 20x70, 20 pushups
    15x100, 15x80, 20 pushups
    15x100, 15x80, 20 pushups

Total Sets 23. 37 counting supersets.
    Time Didn't keep track. Had to of been 60+.

Tore it up pretty good. Increased 3 reps with the 65s on DB Bench. I'm a little concerned that my RIGHT lat/delts are giving out on virtually every compound lift before my left. Its kind of confusing me because I am right handed and consider myself to be stronger with my right. I think what might be happening is that on pullups I have been slightly favoring my rightside and now my right lat/delt is dominating and putting more effort in the pullups then the left so that when I hit max effort on DB Bench, its fatigued but the left isn't. I've decided I need to mentally focus on max effort with my leftside with all lifts and I might start favoring it for awhile to balance things out.

Anyways, I'm starting a bottle of ActivaTe Xtreme. Gonna give it a go for 4-8 weeks (will buy another bottle if seeing results week 3) of bulking before I lean out.

ActivaTe Xtreme, Day 1

Not expecting noticeable results til week 2 or 3 based on other reviews. Taking 2 in the morning and 2 before I lift in the evening. Accidently bit and bursted one cap, tasted reallllly bad.
    Last edited by Khronos; 10-09-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 22
    081010 (October 10th 2008)

Marine Corps PT

Columbus Day Holiday

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Leg Day.

Recon Ron Pullups

I've decided to switch away from underhanded since I can do 20 of those already and start doing wide grip pullups. They are harder and involve more lats. My lats have grown like crazy with the underhand pullups so I'm really looking forward to starting wide grips.

Squats
    5x95
    5x135
    5x165
    5x205
    5x230 (+5 last week)

Deadlift
    5x135
    5x185
    5x225
    5x255
    5x285 (+5 last week, feel like I can do more too, should be doing 5x300 soon)

Leg Extensions
    20x100
    15x110
    15x100

Calf Raises
    15x140
    12x160
    15x160

Hamstring Curls
    20x40
    15x50

45 degree Hypers
    20x35 (slow, controlled)
    20x35 (slow, controlled)

Total Sets 25 counting the warmups on the squats/deads.
    Time 55 mins

ActivaTe Xtreme, Day 2
    Libido higher then normal. A lot higher.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 23
    081011 (October 11th 2008)

I had a charity thing in the morning and didn't get a lot of sleep. Took a long nap. Feeling a bit sore so I'm taking the day off. Haven't decided if I am going to do upper back/shoulders or upper strength tomorrow. Diet is alright.

ActivaTe Xtreme, Day 3

2 pills am, 2 pills pm

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 24
    081012 (October 12th 2008)

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Decided to go with Upper Body Hypertrophy/Endurance. Gonna try and do Strength Tuesday morning.

Recon Ron Pullups

DB Arnold Press (Standing)
    15x40
    12x40
    10x30, 5x25, 5x20, 20 pushups

Seated Cable Rows
    15x120
    15x120
    15x100, 40 pushups

One Arm DB Row
    10x80
    10x80
    10x80

Dips
    BWx18, 20 pushups
    BWx12, 15 pushups
    BWx10, 15 pushups

15x30, 15x15, 25 pushups
    12x35, 12x20, 25 pushups

20x80, 25 pushups
    15x100, 25 pushups

Total Sets 21. 33 counting supersets.
    Time 60 mins

I'm kind pissed that I only did 15x40 on the overhead. For some reason I was thinking I only did 12x40 last week so I thought I had PRed real well. I could repped out another rep or two if I had wanted too. Oh well, was a really strong workout otherwise. +3 reps on BW Dips and PRed on Seated Rows & One-Arm DB Rows. Not sure why but I was sweating like crazy, was dripping all over the bench when doing the one-arm DB rows. I guess 20 reps non-stop with only 30 second rests can do that.

ActivaTe Xtreme, Day 4

2 am, 2 pm. Unsure if the sweating can at all be correlated to the Activate Xtreme.
    Last edited by Khronos; 10-12-2008 at 11:50 AM.

Khronos' Workout Journal

Day 25
    081013 (October 13th 2008)

Recon Ron Pullups

I intended to run about 4 miles but I ran in the middle of the day and by about 2 miles I was roasting (80+ and humid ftl) so I had to stop. I was about a mile from my barracks so I did a half dozen sprints/walking rest on the way back. Then I did like 10 mins of abs.

ActivaTe Xtreme, Day 5
    2 pills am/2 pm. Facial hair seems to be coming in really fast.
    Last edited by Khronos; 10-13-2008 at 03:57 PM.

Khronos' Workout Journal