Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also wanted to mention that the brand name is Perform Better. I have 1 inch and 1.5 inches. 1.5 was really strong for pull ups but also good for stretching. The 1 inch was good for the pull up assistance. I quickly moved from the 1.5 inch to the 1 inch for pullups. Hope this helps

cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FNULNU View Post
    Circumference = pi * diameter

113 = 3.14 * Diameter

Pallet Band Diameter = 35"

Iron Woody's diameter = 41"

The diameter of the pallet band is indeed 35"--but the woody band's diameter is not 41", that's just a measurement when folded in half end to end. The pallet band's measurement (from the website) is given by it's circumference--so the diameter would be correct if the band were configured in a cirlce. But folded in half, you're no longer dealing with a perfect circle but a flattened elipse. To find the length of the pallet band folded, you would need to first find the area of that ellipse. You can do so by going here:
    http://home.att.net/~numericana/answ...e.htm#elliptic
    ...not tonight!
    Last edited by cybercop; 09-25-2008 at 06:24 PM.

FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FNULNU View Post
    Sadly you are wrong
    He didn't ask what the diameter would be,he was asking how long it would be with the ends pulled tight end to end,which is .5 of the circumference.At least that's how I interpreted "fold to fold".I've never heard of a band's folded length being it's circumference,unless I misunderstood the question,in which case it was worded incorrectly.
    "I truly believe that good will outweigh evil,but there won't be peace on earth until the power of love overcomes the love of power" Jimi Hendrix

FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cybercop View Post
    The diameter of the pallet band is indeed 35"--but the woody band's diameter is not 41", that's just a measurement when folded in half end to end. The pallet band's measurement (from the website) is given by it's circumference--so the diameter would be correct if the band were configured in a cirlce. But folded in half, you're no longer dealing with a perfect circle but a flattened elipse. To find the length of the pallet band folded, you would need to first find the area of that ellipse. You can do so by going here:
    http://home.att.net/~numericana/answ...e.htm#elliptic
    ...not tonight!
    It's folded flat,how is it an ellipse?And you spelled ELLIPSE wrong.
    "I truly believe that good will outweigh evil,but there won't be peace on earth until the power of love overcomes the love of power" Jimi Hendrix

cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10) cybercop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FERRUM_MAXIMUS View Post
    It's folded flat,how is it an ellipse?And you spelled ELLIPSE wrong.
    A circle folded flat is an ellipse...
    Sorry I spelled ellipse incorrectly

A circle folded flat is an ellipse...
    Sorry I spelled ellipse incorrectly
    Technically it is,but for the purpose of finding out the length of the band it's just the half of the circumference,no need for a formula.I didn't mean to sound like a douche bag about spelling,but the other guy rudely insisting I'm wrong and that it's the diameter that's important got me a little fired up.What the hell would the diameter have to do with it?I repped you too.

Talking

Technically it is,but for the purpose of finding out the length of the band it's just the half of the circumference,no need for a formula.I didn't mean to sound like a douche bag about spelling,but the other guy rudely insisting I'm wrong and that it's the diameter that's important got me a little fired up.What the hell would the diameter have to do with it?I repped you too.
    Thanks--wasn't saying you were incorrect, either. I was pointing out that circumference had nothing to do with it--just like you did. You're right about the folded length of the pallet band...
    ...now if I could somehow figure out how to do some decent UNassisted pullups...

Thanks--wasn't saying you were incorrect, either. I was pointing out that circumference had nothing to do with it--just like you did. You're right about the folded length of the pallet band...
    ...now if I could somehow figure out how to do some decent UNassisted pullups...
    LOL

Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WOW...........

So, my question was answered by FERRUM_MAXIMUS......That is the correct aswer I am looking for right? The length it would be fold to fold.....

Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitz1 View Post
    Also wanted to mention that the brand name is Perform Better. I have 1 inch and 1.5 inches. 1.5 was really strong for pull ups but also good for stretching. The 1 inch was good for the pull up assistance. I quickly moved from the 1.5 inch to the 1 inch for pullups. Hope this helps
    I PMed you.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    here's another seller (I have these, but Iron Woody is great too)

http://www.power-systems.com/p-3336-strength-bands.aspx

they have multiple other uses for squats, bench, deadlifts, pull throughs, etc... the WESTSIDE BARBELL style uses bands quite a bit
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitz1 View Post
    I picked up some bands for $8 at play it again sports. They certainly helped with pull ups...I barely need the bands anymore...also thinking about selling my lat pulldown machine
    why u selling ur pulldown machine? not a fan of pulldowns?

Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Testicularity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Testicularity View Post
    why u selling ur pulldown machine? not a fan of pulldowns?
    motha****a died or something, he isn't answering.

How much LBS of assistance does the mcmaster pallet bands bands offer?

bump

bump

I guess this thread is dead eh?

Originally Posted by Benched View Post
    I guess this thread is dead eh?
    Do you still have a question?

Do you still have a question?
    Yes, id like to know how much lbs of resistance the mcmaster bands offer.

Originally Posted by Benched View Post
    Yes, id like to know how much lbs of resistance the mcmaster bands offer.
    I don't have them,but if I were you I would PM someone that has them.Or send me one and I'll measure it on my strain gauge.