Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    RobnAZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just one more question

When you come off the L-Dopa/PEA stack do you experience a 'crash' like what happens when you all of a sudden stop taking caffeine?

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RobnAZ View Post
    Hi, I am 40 y.o. and over the past few years I've noticed that I just don't seem to have that vigor that I used to have and my sense of pleasure is somewhat blunted (a great piece of steak just seems o.k., not great), LIBIDO IS IN THE TANK, I DON'T GET IT UP AS OFTEN, ERECTIONS NOT AS STRONG AS IT USED TO BE, I have low energy, alot less enthusiasm for life etc. sucks growing old! It used to be when I saw a hot chick with a nice ass and perky tits it would really do something to me....now if I see a hot chick, I think "yeah she's a nice looking woman" but it doesn't get me as excited for some reason, and doesn't spark that inner libido response that I used to have. I have been researching this up and down and finally arrived at the conclusion that I may have low dopamine levels. Therefore, I would like to try the L-Dopa/PEA/EGCG stack.

By the way, I found this website that has a chart (about 1/3 of the way down on the page) showing feelings and behaviors associated with Excess, Deficient and Normal dopamine levels. The column under deficient dopamine levels fits me to a TEE, with the exception that I don't feel depressed and don't really have any addictions.

http://www.entelechyjournal.com/pull...after_sex1.htm

Am I on the right track here Steve?
    What about adding Quercetin to the stack? (I read somewhere that it enhances the effect)

Thanks!
    Rob
    Sounds like it could be low dopamine, but I would not add in pea anything soon. Quercetine helps enhance the effect yes (COMT inhibitor).
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    When you come off the L-Dopa/PEA stack do you experience a 'crash' like what happens when you all of a sudden stop taking caffeine?
    I've never seen a crash and most of my loggers have tried just pea without any signs of a crash. Caffeine itself can cause a crash.

PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    No crash whatsoever
    i rep back 1k+

Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000) Squat2Grow is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CognitiveNutrition View Post
    I haven't tried this stack in forever. I think I know what my weekend plans are going to involve.
    should be nothing short of awesome
    i rep back 1k+

Thumbs up Awesome Log

Thanks for the insight guys, this is an awesome post! Squat, thanks for sharing and keep the info coming. I think I am going to order some L-dopa, and maybe some PEA for later on. Just a couple more questions:

In the event this doesn't help the erectile dysfunction is there another supplement that could help with that problem that doesn't interfere or interact with the L-Dopa?

Also, is there a cognitive supplement for memory, focus and motivation that I could use with the stack that won't interfere? Perhaps aniracetam?

I need to get stuff done at work and I find my mind drifting with a loss of drive and poor focus etc. so any info you could give will be very much appreciated!

Thanks again,
    Rob

Thanks for the insight guys, this is an awesome post! Squat, thanks for sharing and keep the info coming. I think I am going to order some L-dopa, and maybe some PEA for later on. Just a couple more questions:

In the event this doesn't help the erectile dysfunction is there another supplement that could help with that problem that doesn't interfere or interact with the L-Dopa?

Also, is there a cognitive supplement for memory, focus and motivation that I could use with the stack that won't interfere? Perhaps aniracetam?

I need to get stuff done at work and I find my mind drifting with a loss of drive and poor focus etc. so any info you could give will be very much appreciated!

Thanks again,
    Rob
    Sex health isn't my area but I'm sure there are various herbs that could be of help.

L-Huperzine A (memory) and either Pyritinol or PEA (focus) is what I would recommend. Aniracetam can be helpful but it's more of a long term nootropic.

Thanks again,
    Rob
    Icariin should help with the sex along with L-Dopa. For memory, focus, and motivation PEA + L-dopa is amazing to meet these goals. As Steve said, Aniracetam may work, but the effects won't be as pronounced as quickly as l-dopa/pea will be.

IMO from real world testing, PEA + L-Dopa will solve your focus and concentration problems. Consider trying L-Huperzine A for extreme help with memory.

any more questions, feel free to ask!
    i rep back 1k+

L-Dopa 250mg + EGCG + 1,000mgPEA has not failed yet to buzz me and uplift my mood. I was feeling super down earlier before I took the stack, and about 30 mins afterwards I was in a much happier mood and had a better outlook on life.

This stuff is the real deal, I feel like people going through depression could benefit more from this stack without major side effects such as suicidal thoughts compared to anti-depressants. Plus the fact is that this stack is effective FROM THE VERY FIRST DOSE!!!!

I have still yet to see any unwanted side effects from taking it at night and will continue my experiment and research of night time effects/before bed at 250mg L-Dopa (If this isn't ok Steve, tell me and I will stop ).
    i rep back 1k+

Originally Posted by Squat2Grow View Post
    L-Dopa 250mg + EGCG + 1,000mgPEA has not failed yet to buzz me and uplift my mood. I was feeling super down earlier before I took the stack, and about 30 mins afterwards I was in a much happier mood and had a better outlook on life.

This stuff is the real deal, I feel like people going through depression could benefit more from this stack without major side effects such as suicidal thoughts compared to anti-depressants. Plus the fact is that this stack is effective FROM THE VERY FIRST DOSE!!!!

I have still yet to see any unwanted side effects from taking it at night and will continue my experiment and research of night time effects/before bed at 250mg L-Dopa (If this isn't ok Steve, tell me and I will stop ).
    It is really sad the gov only approves antidepressants that take weeks to work in most cases and rarely do they make you feel good.

Hey if you want to take it at night and experiment by all means. Any signs of problems I would stop.

It is really sad the gov only approves antidepressants that take weeks to work in most cases and rarely do they make you feel good.

Hey if you want to take it at night and experiment by all means. Any signs of problems I would stop.
    Our government sucks

Sounds cool about the go ahead for experimenting at night. Took a 250mg cap before bed and experienced nothing but pleasant dreams.
    i rep back 1k+

Our government sucks

Sounds cool about the go ahead for experimenting at night. Took a 250mg cap before bed and experienced nothing but pleasant dreams.
    Yes yes it does.

Have fun dreams! (It gives me freaky nightmares so I don't use it near bedtime)

Unhappy I rarely remember my dreams

Interesting that you guys mention the effect on dreams with L-dopa. It's funny, but I can't even remember the last time that I even remembered a dream!
    Perhaps that is due to low dopamine levels?

I just ordered L-Dopa and PEA by the way. Can't wait to try it out.

Interesting that you guys mention the effect on dreams with L-dopa. It's funny, but I can't even remember the last time that I even remembered a dream!
    Perhaps that is due to low dopamine levels?

I just ordered L-Dopa and PEA by the way. Can't wait to try it out.
    More probably low ACh or low dmt levels. Hard to pinpoint really.

Low Ach and dmt

More probably low ACh or low dmt levels. Hard to pinpoint really.
    I've heard of ACh, but not dmt. Are there other symptoms of low ACh and dmt levels and any suggested supplements to boost them?

By the way, I ordered my dopa and pea from bb and it says 'Unique Nutrition' on the bottle. Is that the same brand as Cognitive Nutrition? The labels look similar.

Thanks again,
    Rob

I've heard of ACh, but not dmt. Are there other symptoms of low ACh and dmt levels and any suggested supplements to boost them?

By the way, I ordered my dopa and pea from bb and it says 'Unique Nutrition' on the bottle. Is that the same brand as Cognitive Nutrition? The labels look similar.

Thanks again,
    Rob
    Unique Nutrition is a private label company that produces the CN line for CN. Previously sold under the UN brand line.

With dmt perhaps a lack of imagination. With ACh poor memory.

L-Huperzine A taken before bed will usually result in greatly improved dreams and recall of dream state by raising ACh.

With DMT not much you can do legally.

again i state that 250mg l-dopa plus egcg and 1,000mg pea IS INSANE for sexual and mood effects... this the only stuff that makes it possible for me to finish and then be able to keep going within mintues, and do this cycle more than once!
    i rep back 1k+

again i state that 250mg l-dopa plus egcg and 1,000mg pea IS INSANE for sexual and mood effects... this the only stuff that makes it possible for me to finish and then be able to keep going within mintues, and do this cycle more than once!
    Still going strong with no tolerance issues? Nice.

supernoober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernoober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Will l-dopa cause dopamine desensitization? And does your l-dopa + PEA + ecgg stack help with focus for school, or is it just more of a fun feeling and relaxation?

Originally Posted by supernoober View Post
    Will l-dopa cause dopamine desensitization? And does your l-dopa + PEA + ecgg stack help with focus for school, or is it just more of a fun feeling and relaxation?
    If taken in high doses and not cycled off like 5-HTP or choline precursors yes.

Both depending on how high of a dose you take.

Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clever Mouse will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, nice but don't dry urself out, man.

supernoober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) supernoober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there any nootropic including PEA that doesnt cause any overexcitement/overstimulation of neurotransmitters, leading to down regulation and the likes?

Originally Posted by supernoober View Post
    Is there any nootropic including PEA that doesnt cause any overexcitement/overstimulation of neurotransmitters, leading to down regulation and the likes?
    Most nootropics don't over stimulant neurotransmitters. Downregulation of receptors can be caused by any compound if taken in high doses or use daily without cycling off. Or course so can up regulation depending on the compound.

L-Dopa hasn't failed me when I have taken it at night yet... no nightmares. Maybe sometimes some weird and sometimes unpleasing things have happened, but overall when I take it I have pleasant dreams and more control over what happens in my dream.

I have never had more lucid dreams in my life until I took l-dopa + pea before bed.

There is so many benefits to being able to lucid dream IMO. In a way it is like even though you are sleeping, you still get to continue to enjoy life and do basically whatever you want! You can essentially use it as a trial and error practice ground for your real life.
    i rep back 1k+

L-Dopa hasn't failed me when I have taken it at night yet... no nightmares. Maybe sometimes some weird and sometimes unpleasing things have happened, but overall when I take it I have pleasant dreams and more control over what happens in my dream.

I have never had more lucid dreams in my life until I took l-dopa + pea before bed.

There is so many benefits to being able to lucid dream IMO. In a way it is like even though you are sleeping, you still get to continue to enjoy life and do basically whatever you want! You can essentially use it as a trial and error practice ground for your real life.
    Hmm. I wonder what would happen if you added L-Huperzine A or Galantamine.

Hmm. I wonder what would happen if you added L-Huperzine A or Galantamine.
    Do you have a bottle of L-Huperzine A available for me to log and see please? Or Galantamine too?

i rep back 1k+

Do you have a bottle of L-Huperzine A available for me to log and see please? Or Galantamine too?

Maaaaaybe =)

Maaaaaybe =)
    so I take that as a yes

i have a history test coming up that I could use a memory boost on
    Last edited by Squat2Grow; 11-05-2008 at 05:03 PM.
    i rep back 1k+

Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi, I am 40 y.o. and over the past few years I've noticed that I just don't seem to have that vigor that I used to have and my sense of pleasure is somewhat blunted (a great piece of steak just seems o.k., not great), LIBIDO IS IN THE TANK, I DON'T GET IT UP AS OFTEN, ERECTIONS NOT AS STRONG AS IT USED TO BE, I have low energy, alot less enthusiasm for life etc. sucks growing old! It used to be when I saw a hot chick with a nice ass and perky tits it would really do something to me....now if I see a hot chick, I think "yeah she's a nice looking woman" but it doesn't get me as excited for some reason, and doesn't spark that inner libido response that I used to have. I have been researching this up and down and finally arrived at the conclusion that I may have low dopamine levels. Therefore, I would like to try the L-Dopa/PEA/EGCG stack.

By the way, I found this website that has a chart (about 1/3 of the way down on the page) showing feelings and behaviors associated with Excess, Deficient and Normal dopamine levels. The column under deficient dopamine levels fits me to a TEE, with the exception that I don't feel depressed and don't really have any addictions.

http://www.entelechyjournal.com/pull...after_sex1.htm

Am I on the right track here Steve?
    What about adding Quercetin to the stack? (I read somewhere that it enhances the effect)

Thanks!
    Rob
    I would recommend you check your hormone levels - testosterone especially, you might be deficient by the sound of it.
    ~ BMBc ~ Ballin' since the start.....

ARE YOU IN THE RED? Click --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1811391

^^ And if you got reps to spare check out my thread of people who need them.^^

Hey Steve how would L-Dopa and L-Theanine work together? Good? Bad?
    i rep back 1k+