Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by morrsiway View Post
    Id keep compound movements in the higher rep range....round 10..and NEVER EVER do full stretch movements or total range..always keep a slight safety range....the MOST rips and tears occur in the full stretch.....

some idiot said so and now everyone is stretching themselves to injury...

every motion should be safe.... specially scott curls..neck press...chins... etc

stretching should occur after trraining with no weights

PS the smith machine for the bench is a death trap...
    No offense bro, but why are you so negative? This site should be a site to encourage people, not discourage... Please stop putting up negative posts, or acting like you are the end all be all with regards to lifting weights, trust me no one wants to hear your negativity on your last few posts!! Take it somewhere else, please!

jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ROSEVILLECA View Post
    No offense bro, but why are you so negative? This site should be a site to encourage people, not discourage... Please stop putting up negative posts, or acting like you are the end all be all with regards to lifting weights, trust me no one wants to hear your negativity on your last few posts!! Take it somewhere else, please!
    hey bro...so whats the word, how are you doing???
    Jerome "The Other Rock" Dinh
    NPC Nationally Qualified from 1996-2000 and 2004-2013 & Fitness Model
    Force Factor Athlete
    www.********.com/theotherrock
    www.********.com/jeromedinh
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/jeromedinh/
    http://jeromedinh.wordpress.com/

ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good luck on the recovery. I tore my pec a year and a half ago bench pressing, here is a little bit of my story....

Was bench pressing and coming down on my 4th rep and felt the pop inside my chest. Dropped the weights and screamed like a mofo. Not so much in pain as it was in the strange feeling of a rip in my chest. I didnt know what to make of it right then and there, if it was a pulled muscle or what. Didnt get any bruising until 2 days later so i went to the doctor. Got the MRI and it was a torn pec but it didnt come off the bone.

So the doc explained to me that the results would be cosmetic and also weakness on that side. I was about 7 months off of shoulder surgery on my other side and was really dreading having to go under the knife again so soon. Talk about bad timing. So I had to really weigh my options and see how necessary surgery was. I researched and found that most pec tears that had surgery were ones that came off the bone and that one that didn't COULD heal on its own granted it would never be 100% again. So after some speculation I decided to not get surgery.

So about a month later the cosmetic appearance of my chest seemed very minor, it was only in my armpit area where there was a divot. I had a couple of friends try and determine which side was torn and nobody could. So i was sort of relieved that the appearance wasnt affected much. Few months later I began the slow road of rehab. Started with pushups...then light dumbbells etc. Worked my way up very slowly until i started feeling more comfortable

Now a year and a half later, I am bench pressing the same amount i was before the tear. Its as if I didnt lose any strength on the bench. The only complications are sometimes i feel a cramping/tightening in that area during certain motions. Like if i hit the heavybag sometimes it will feel a little tight in the pec area or sometimes during pushups it will feel a cramped after like 30 reps. So this went on for like the last month and i was starting to wonder if i should have had the surgery back then. Started to weigh on my mind a little more and was feeling some regret.

I knew it was probably way too late to get the surgery as the original doctor told me not to wait too long. So i went to see a sports doctor last week and he said that it is basically too late to get the surgery. He did some visual and resistance tests and said according to the level of my tear and present symptoms i explained to him that it is most likely an excess of scar tissue causing those symptoms. He said this can be fixed with physical therapy and a kneading down of the scar tissue. I am going to start on Monday to see if it helps alleviate any of the cramping i feel in that area.

Before the pec tear (The side that has no tribal tattoo on the front delt)

http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/...1m_a4635e5.jpg

After the pec tear:

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/...cm_d28f987.jpg

ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ROSEVILLECA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jeromedinh View Post
    hey bro...so whats the word, how are you doing???
    MRI is tommorrow!! I am a little nervous, I am sure it is torn, just a matter of if he can repair it... I will let you know how it goes, I am assuming I will have some info as early as mid next week... Your recovery pics are bad ass bro, legs are phenomenol, great job!! I just want to get back so I can do my 1st show!!

jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jeromedinh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
    Good luck on the recovery. I tore my pec a year and a half ago bench pressing, here is a little bit of my story....

Was bench pressing and coming down on my 4th rep and felt the pop inside my chest. Dropped the weights and screamed like a mofo. Not so much in pain as it was in the strange feeling of a rip in my chest. I didnt know what to make of it right then and there, if it was a pulled muscle or what. Didnt get any bruising until 2 days later so i went to the doctor. Got the MRI and it was a torn pec but it didnt come off the bone.

So the doc explained to me that the results would be cosmetic and also weakness on that side. I was about 7 months off of shoulder surgery on my other side and was really dreading having to go under the knife again so soon. Talk about bad timing. So I had to really weigh my options and see how necessary surgery was. I researched and found that most pec tears that had surgery were ones that came off the bone and that one that didn't COULD heal on its own granted it would never be 100% again. So after some speculation I decided to not get surgery.

So about a month later the cosmetic appearance of my chest seemed very minor, it was only in my armpit area where there was a divot. I had a couple of friends try and determine which side was torn and nobody could. So i was sort of relieved that the appearance wasnt affected much. Few months later I began the slow road of rehab. Started with pushups...then light dumbbells etc. Worked my way up very slowly until i started feeling more comfortable

Now a year and a half later, I am bench pressing the same amount i was before the tear. Its as if I didnt lose any strength on the bench. The only complications are sometimes i feel a cramping/tightening in that area during certain motions. Like if i hit the heavybag sometimes it will feel a little tight in the pec area or sometimes during pushups it will feel a cramped after like 30 reps. So this went on for like the last month and i was starting to wonder if i should have had the surgery back then. Started to weigh on my mind a little more and was feeling some regret.

I knew it was probably way too late to get the surgery as the original doctor told me not to wait too long. So i went to see a sports doctor last week and he said that it is basically too late to get the surgery. He did some visual and resistance tests and said according to the level of my tear and present symptoms i explained to him that it is most likely an excess of scar tissue causing those symptoms. He said this can be fixed with physical therapy and a kneading down of the scar tissue. I am going to start on Monday to see if it helps alleviate any of the cramping i feel in that area.

Before the pec tear (The side that has no tribal tattoo on the front delt)

http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/...1m_a4635e5.jpg

After the pec tear:

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/...cm_d28f987.jpg
    wow man sounds horrible BUT i have to tell you by looking at your pics..you look awesome and i cant tell you had a pec tear! mine did tear off the bone but tore after surgery..i dont know if it was due to stress or what but it was unrepairable and i can see the difference..its not as full.

now i have heard of people who have had surgery years after their pec tear. i dont know of anyone specifically but just heard 3rd hand (layne norton would be a good source to ask). i've accepted that my chest is torn and i'll make the best of it. just because i have a tear doesnt mean i cant continually improve...same with you. i thinking kneading down on the scar tissue will def help, i was wondering about that myself. it looks like i have some dark area forming where the pec was torn?? with the progress you've made and others..its gives me hope and motivation so thanks for sharing your story.

please keep me posted on what you decide and good luck bro!

jerome

MRI is tommorrow!! I am a little nervous, I am sure it is torn, just a matter of if he can repair it... I will let you know how it goes, I am assuming I will have some info as early as mid next week... Your recovery pics are bad ass bro, legs are phenomenol, great job!! I just want to get back so I can do my 1st show!!
    no worries, what ever it is bro...you'll make the best of it. acceptance is the first step before you can move forward on a positive note. dont let the results, no matter how bad, get you down but use it in a positive & motivating manor. i just THANK GOD that at least my chest still works LOL...no but seriously! i'm here for you so you need to chat or what ever man..you need support just PM me!

This will be the last time I will address morrsiway, so everyone don't think this will turn into some sort of annoying back and forth argument...

My point was that you are telling people why they are wrong, and why you are right, please try to find nicer ways to be constructive... Making reference to my age, calling me "son", cocky, or bringing up an injury is NOT constructive bro... This website is to help each other not bring each other down! I did not see that you are from Germany initially, so I am hoping that the way you are coming off is a communication breakdown... Sorry Jerome that we dirtied up your pec repair logs with this bull#@$%, I am done with this guy... I will not be responding to him again.
    no biggie, i'm sure some people mean good but just lack tact (like me most the time ahahahah, my friends would tell yah first hand). i'm not too fond of the initial post but i can appreciate anyone & everyones feed back, everyone has a right to their opinion. i'm not here to judge...i was at first a bit taken back and i was about to get on the offensive but what good would that do....nothing, its just counter productive. i think its good that everyone voices their opinion...bring it on

i just hope everyone that reads this thread keeps an open mind to everyones opinion, thoughts, experiences and ideas.

you're a good guy bro and i appreciate your feedback!

I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT X-MAS AND NEW YEARS! lets make 2009 the best year yet!!!!!!!!!!
    Force Factor Athlete

01-02-09 *201.5lbs**

Second day into 2009 training and i'm very please. I believe this is my 9th or 10th week into upperbody training since i've had my sling removed. Due to lack of appetite i've been losing some bodyfat and i've been leaning up?? Weird because i dont crave junk or fast food and when i eat it, i just eat it for calories...not because i crave it.

My chest feels pretty normal, very mild tightness but only after training. The skin under my scar where my stretch marks are are still very sensitive so anything a bit form fitting gets to be somewhat uncomfortable....like wife-beater tanks.

Training is AS USUAL like a broken record very good! I've seriously increased my weights in all my movements...for example i'm doing bar-bell rows(still on smith machine) with 225lbs for 20 reps, or seated close-grip cable rows with 180lbs(which isnt super heaver but much then previous post-surgery lbs) for 12reps. I'm keep my reps now at 10-20reps with 2 warm-up sets PER EXERCISE and following up with 2 or 3 working sets. My upper body is exploding and catching up to my legs.

Today i did legs and it was the FIRST DAY i did squats, NOT on the smith machine but FREEWEIGHT!!! I pre-exhausted my legs via leg extension (4 working set & 5 warm-up sets) and moved into squats. My last set of squats I ended up doing 315lbs for 10 reps(ass to the ground/calves)! I was very careful with how i set the bar on my traps. All my arms did was stablize the bar as i moved into my sets. After my 1st working set i did feel a bit of tension...LOL and as a worry wart i continued to peak at my chest after every set...but it was all good.

The DAISY DUKE (golds gym shorts..like arnold use to wear back in the day) shorts have officially retired for the offseason. My legs are just too big and it looks like i'm wearing boxers HAAHAH Funny thing too, my legs are almost too big for my NPC gym karate pants! In a strange way i'm kind of glad i got a pec tear...i'm ever so motivated to be my best and by doing so i hope it will inspire other people who tore their pec.
    Last edited by jeromedinh; 01-02-2009 at 06:00 PM.
    Force Factor Athlete

ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wow man sounds horrible BUT i have to tell you by looking at your pics..you look awesome and i cant tell you had a pec tear! mine did tear off the bone but tore after surgery..i dont know if it was due to stress or what but it was unrepairable and i can see the difference..its not as full.

now i have heard of people who have had surgery years after their pec tear. i dont know of anyone specifically but just heard 3rd hand (layne norton would be a good source to ask). i've accepted that my chest is torn and i'll make the best of it. just because i have a tear doesnt mean i cant continually improve...same with you. i thinking kneading down on the scar tissue will def help, i was wondering about that myself. it looks like i have some dark area forming where the pec was torn?? with the progress you've made and others..its gives me hope and motivation so thanks for sharing your story.

please keep me posted on what you decide and good luck bro!

jerome
    You got it man, thanks for the info. Will keep you posted and check back with you on your progress.

Also, I noticed that when I stopped working on my chest real hard after the tear that I felt the pec area even out. Ie, when I was doing consistent benching i could feel some bulge in my chest where the tendon coiled up and could see a more pronounced divot in the armpit area. So earlier last year I went about a month without bench pressing and started noticing that the bulge dispersed and the divot became less and less. It started to feel more normal and the appearance was barely noticeable if at all. From there on I went on light dumbbell and pushup routine for chest and noticed that my pec started to look and feel more and more normal.

Not sure exactly why that is but when I eventually went back to bench pressing a little heavier it seemed more comfortable and cosmetically didn't change again. So maybe taking that time off from lifting helped some things move back in to place, not sure.

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
    You got it man, thanks for the info. Will keep you posted and check back with you on your progress.

Also, I noticed that when I stopped working on my chest real hard after the tear that I felt the pec area even out. Ie, when I was doing consistent benching i could feel some bulge in my chest where the tendon coiled up and could see a more pronounced divot in the armpit area. So earlier last year I went about a month without bench pressing and started noticing that the bulge dispersed and the divot became less and less. It started to feel more normal and the appearance was barely noticeable if at all. From there on I went on light dumbbell and pushup routine for chest and noticed that my pec started to look and feel more and more normal.

Not sure exactly why that is but when I eventually went back to bench pressing a little heavier it seemed more comfortable and cosmetically didn't change again. So maybe taking that time off from lifting helped some things move back in to place, not sure.
    thats part of the game bro..experimentation! do what you feel works best for you and listen to your body..sounds like you got it down.

i'm going to stay away from bench period, i do this for bodybuilding and can careless what i bench(freeweight). i'll just stick to some isolation movements and hammer strength machines for chest.

cant wait to hear how it turns out.

cheers
    Force Factor Athlete

gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Other than bench, what would you guys recommend for chest. I have a pec strain/tear on my right side and I guess I'm gonna have to take about a month off for it to heal. Nothing as bad as yours though. I'm pretty sure mine is just a minor strain. It's enough to stop me from benching though even though I don't want to. If I really injured myself and had to lay off weights for as long as you did I think I'd go crazy. I'm not too sure I can lay off bench for a month that's why I'm wondering what else I might be able to do. you're a hell of an athlete bro and you get mad props from me.

Originally Posted by gains4life View Post
    Other than bench, what would you guys recommend for chest. I have a pec strain/tear on my right side and I guess I'm gonna have to take about a month off for it to heal. Nothing as bad as yours though. I'm pretty sure mine is just a minor strain. It's enough to stop me from benching though even though I don't want to. If I really injured myself and had to lay off weights for as long as you did I think I'd go crazy. I'm not too sure I can lay off bench for a month that's why I'm wondering what else I might be able to do. you're a hell of an athlete bro and you get mad props from me.
    i stained my left pec years ago. i stopped training chest for a month but trained everything else as usual.

why is it so important to you to bench? benching doesnt give you a huge chest, its more for overall size perhaps. there are many exercises you can do aside from benching.

if i wereyou i'd take off a month from training chest and let it heal then when you come back on DONT BENCH quite yet...do some high rep isolation movements like cable crossovers(but dont stretch too deep), dumbell flies, dumbell press or if you feel a twitch try hammer strength machine benches, incline, decline and flat. go light and just concentrate on the movement and over time you'll be 100%

OH and YES you do go crazy taking all that time off but it good motivation LOL
    Force Factor Athlete

gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gains4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am naturaly small and am trying to bulk (will post pics some day). I have been doing a lot of compound movements as well as isolation stuff. I guess I have always been taught that you have to do bench presses to work your chest. I've never known any other way.

I am naturaly small and am trying to bulk (will post pics some day). I have been doing a lot of compound movements as well as isolation stuff. I guess I have always been taught that you have to do bench presses to work your chest. I've never known any other way.
    thats a wrong assumption...i'm naturally a smaller guy, i've just been in the game for years. compound movements are the way to go but not at the expense of furthered injury.

you have to experiment and find out what works best for you...everyone responds differently. try out doing some hammer strength benching, dips(once your chest is better), pull-overs, etc
    Force Factor Athlete

What's a good muscle recovery, repair supplement? I am taking animal pak, creatine zma and glucosamine sulfate.

What's a good muscle recovery, repair supplement? I am taking animal pak, creatine zma and glucosamine sulfate.
    you got it and obviously p-shakes and plenty of rest on the injured muscle
    Force Factor Athlete

adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well i have another doc appointment monday the 12th..kinda worried..haha..just doesn't seem like its healing like its suppost to..but i guess we will see.
    -Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-

Originally Posted by adamnflorida View Post
    well i have another doc appointment monday the 12th..kinda worried..haha..just doesn't seem like its healing like its suppost to..but i guess we will see.
    dude, good luck..i'll be crossing my fingers for yah...pec tears SUCK! but once you get the road to recovery....it gets much, much better. i'm training upper body pretty hard and feel great..with exception of chest. i'm doing SUPER light cable cross-overs AFTER delts and its really healing well!

let me know how all goes bro!
    Force Factor Athlete

Smile

no worries, what ever it is bro...you'll make the best of it. acceptance is the first step before you can move forward on a positive note. dont let the results, no matter how bad, get you down but use it in a positive & motivating manor. i just THANK GOD that at least my chest still works LOL...no but seriously! i'm here for you so you need to chat or what ever man..you need support just PM me!
    Thanks bro, still waiting hear back on my MRI, these doctors are like trying to talk to the president, it is impossible to get appointments unless they are 2 months out... I guess I get to keep up the waiting game, until then guess I will just keep workin out. Your legs are looking sick bro, keep it up!

Thanks bro, still waiting hear back on my MRI, these doctors are like trying to talk to the president, it is impossible to get appointments unless they are 2 months out... I guess I get to keep up the waiting game, until then guess I will just keep workin out. Your legs are looking sick bro, keep it up!
    NO SH!t??!! It shouldnt take them longer then 48 hours to read it and get it to your doc. That such bullsh!t man, i would be all over them calling then every damn hour.

Play it safe bro, i just started doing chest and its extremely light and last chest workout i did machine bench but i felt it more in my delt and triceps LOL Maybe i'm thinking too much about not injuring my chest??

Look forward to hearing your update.

Thanks, my legs look even sicker...they have hardened up and gotten stronger in the past 4 weeks. I was going to do a pic Saturday but the wife had to run out the door to the gym. I'll try to get an update next Saturday or earlier.
    Force Factor Athlete

adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamnflorida will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well,i just got back from the doc..he wants me to start physical therapy now..earliest i can get in is the 21st. he did say that everything looks normal but i probably won't be perfectly symmetric but the tendon and muscle is holding up well.im just glad i don't have to be in that sling anymore and can start running again.
    -Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-

well,i just got back from the doc..he wants me to start physical therapy now..earliest i can get in is the 21st. he did say that everything looks normal but i probably won't be perfectly symmetric but the tendon and muscle is holding up well.im just glad i don't have to be in that sling anymore and can start running again.
    HEY thats damn good news bro! perfectly symmetrical is over rated Just become a freak and look as beastly as possible!

That sling SUCKED...my arm got so weak and small its might as well be in a damn cast..no joke. I'm finally not having elbow pain in my arm when i do arms and i'm feeling pretty normal and huge again.

I'm not looking forward to running and dieting anytime soon but i might in 2 months when i enter the Muscletech Hardbody contest...100K is up for grabs!
    Force Factor Athlete

yeah,its crazy how much i have shrunk in just this little bit of time..i am down to 18.5" now,was at solid 20" before in my arms,and my chest is down to 54" from 59".. now that just upsets me.haha..i worked my a$$ off to get to that and now it seems sooo far away to reach again..lol

but i have lost some weight..i weighed 292 when i went into surgey and i weighed myself today after a meal and weighed 283..and thats after the holidays! hahaha

i guess i will just concentrate on losing as much as i can by summer time and by then i should have full mobility back in my arm and start doing some bulking again

Smile

yeah,its crazy how much i have shrunk in just this little bit of time..i am down to 18.5" now,was at solid 20" before in my arms,and my chest is down to 54" from 59".. now that just upsets me.haha..i worked my a$$ off to get to that and now it seems sooo far away to reach again..lol

but i have lost some weight..i weighed 292 when i went into surgey and i weighed myself today after a meal and weighed 283..and thats after the holidays! hahaha

i guess i will just concentrate on losing as much as i can by summer time and by then i should have full mobility back in my arm and start doing some bulking again

Congrats bro, it could be really easy to throw on a bunch of fat sitting around, the fact that you are leaning up is great bro!!! I wish I had done better while I was down! That is seriously great news bro, you will be amazed by muscle memory when you get back... My left arm prior to pec surgery (the bad one) was 18", it dropped to 15.25" at its smallest, and within 3 weeks of (light)10-17.5lbs curls they were back to 17.25"!!! Like Jerome has said all over this journal, he will be a better bodybuilding coming out of this, and so will you bro, great job!!! You should be really excited!! Just take it slow and you will be great!!

Update

Finally talked to my doc about my last MRI, he stated that the report showed no new major tearing of the muscle... He did say that he did see some tearing that they didn't identify... He told me to start doing some really light chest work, and see how it responds, he said based on how it feels and looks we can decide if he needs to go back in and do the surgery again with tendon grafts... I can tell there is a good portion of my chest missing, and it is a little wodded up, but I am going to see if light chest work fixes some atrophy, and if I hold up reasonably well I will probably avoid the knife again... So I could be done with my doc in 2 weeks, or start all over, time will tell. But I am excited to have an update... Jerome how has your training been?

Finally talked to my doc about my last MRI, he stated that the report showed no new major tearing of the muscle... He did say that he did see some tearing that they didn't identify... He told me to start doing some really light chest work, and see how it responds, he said based on how it feels and looks we can decide if he needs to go back in and do the surgery again with tendon grafts... I can tell there is a good portion of my chest missing, and it is a little wodded up, but I am going to see if light chest work fixes some atrophy, and if I hold up reasonably well I will probably avoid the knife again... So I could be done with my doc in 2 weeks, or start all over, time will tell. But I am excited to have an update... Jerome how has your training been?
    no worries man....if I was more proactive i'm sure there is other doc who could repair my chest but I don't want surgery the third time plus more damn fees! see how it feels ...i'm training super light on chest still. the hardest movements for me to perform are over head shoulder presses then lat pull downs. everything else is nuts! i'm doing 285lbs barbell rows for 12reps and i'm up to 35lbs for 15 reps dumbell curls. in fact training is going so well i'm pretty positive i'm entering hydroxycut hardbody contest then the junior nationals! I start my prep....March 20th!
    Force Factor Athlete

cjflo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

thanks!

I also tore my pec a few days ago doing bench press. I've been doing home workouts with dumbbells for a year and the only chest workout i had was simple pushups. So one day i get access to a gym and am pumped to see how much i can bench....bad idea. I am getting surgery tomorrow actually and am up late reading your journal to help me through this crappy time, hah. Thanks for keeping people like me posted, and i am already looking at the bright side of things thanks to you. good luck.

quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    kinda random, but where did you get those training shorts you sport in your photos in this thread? i think the shortest shorts i've found in a sporting store still went past my knees.

great to hear your recovery going phenomenally!

BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BIEN_DIESEL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    du maaaa, how u been man? getting better? it took 5 months for my left arm to heal then it started hurting again when i worked out for 2 months all by myself going heavy again then this 2 weeks i got sick and drop a lil, heres a lil video of me after my recovery that healed tempary then now hurt again, i need like 10 mins of warm up and then alot of light weight to get it warm, other then that i dont know when mt tendon on mt left arm will go out again, hopefully it wont.

heres a video of me from last week, im still sick and im a lil smaller, arm was hurting like a bish when i keep it straight.

Fictional character
    Natural just means you're able to beat a piss test, doesn't mean anything about the truth.
    1500lbs bench,squat,dl, u mad?
    5'11-6 FEET,210-228LBS
    personal trainer
    aiming to be 260-280lbs of fearfull mass
    max bench,545lbs 11/23/10 565lbs 7/11/11
    barbell curl 185lbs, 175lbs 4 reps 9/1/09
    leg press 1345lbs
    squat 455lbs 9/5/09 sciatic nerve damage
    deadlift 580lbs
    shurgs 865lbs reps
    lil 20.5 inch arms
    FULL VIETNAMESE DU MA! u mad?

Congrats bro, it could be really easy to throw on a bunch of fat sitting around, the fact that you are leaning up is great bro!!! I wish I had done better while I was down! That is seriously great news bro, you will be amazed by muscle memory when you get back... My left arm prior to pec surgery (the bad one) was 18", it dropped to 15.25" at its smallest, and within 3 weeks of (light)10-17.5lbs curls they were back to 17.25"!!! Like Jerome has said all over this journal, he will be a better bodybuilding coming out of this, and so will you bro, great job!!! You should be really excited!! Just take it slow and you will be great!!
    thanks bro..its funny,i went to my physical therapist today,and she was so amazed at my ROM and flexability that i don't have to go back..lmao..and my doc was wanting my to go 3 times a week.lol..she told me to keep up with what i've been doing b/c its working.

no worries man....if I was more proactive i'm sure there is other doc who could repair my chest but I don't want surgery the third time plus more damn fees! see how it feels ...i'm training super light on chest still. the hardest movements for me to perform are over head shoulder presses then lat pull downs. everything else is nuts! i'm doing 285lbs barbell rows for 12reps and i'm up to 35lbs for 15 reps dumbell curls. in fact training is going so well i'm pretty positive i'm entering hydroxycut hardbody contest then the junior nationals! I start my prep....March 20th!
    man good luck with that..definetly keep us updated on your progress for these contests..congrats bro..i hope to be where you are at eventually.

Originally Posted by cjflo View Post
    I also tore my pec a few days ago doing bench press. I've been doing home workouts with dumbbells for a year and the only chest workout i had was simple pushups. So one day i get access to a gym and am pumped to see how much i can bench....bad idea. I am getting surgery tomorrow actually and am up late reading your journal to help me through this crappy time, hah. Thanks for keeping people like me posted, and i am already looking at the bright side of things thanks to you. good luck.
    Man sorry to hear that! Thats the thing with bench bro, its an ego thing and sometimes you get over zealous and over do it. Good luck with your surgery and if you have questions...which i know i did, shoot them to me..thats why i have this thread!

Take it easy, dont be too eager to get into the gym..let it heal. Dont worry about anything then healing, think of the positives that came from this. You'll have sometime to concentrate on other things that you've might have pushed off or maybe some other interest you didnt have time for. Utilize this time off and put it to good use!

Keep me posted!

Originally Posted by quest-x View Post
    kinda random, but where did you get those training shorts you sport in your photos in this thread? i think the shortest shorts i've found in a sporting store still went past my knees.

great to hear your recovery going phenomenally!
    I use to train at Golds Gym and they had a small clothing area..i bought about 5 shorts LOL I did buy some NPC shorts but they are long and way too tight in the junk region if you know what i mean so i avoid wearing them.

Originally Posted by BIEN_DIESEL View Post
    du maaaa, how u been man? getting better? it took 5 months for my left arm to heal then it started hurting again when i worked out for 2 months all by myself going heavy again then this 2 weeks i got sick and drop a lil, heres a lil video of me after my recovery that healed tempary then now hurt again, i need like 10 mins of warm up and then alot of light weight to get it warm, other then that i dont know when mt tendon on mt left arm will go out again, hopefully it wont.

heres a video of me from last week, im still sick and im a lil smaller, arm was hurting like a bish when i keep it straight.

yep i'm going to do a update post once i'm dont replying to everyone.

dude, WTF you're doing good...thats a lot of weight to be curling for injuring yourself not too long ago! you look pretty swollen to me bro..you remind me of my buddy tommy, big ass asian dude...5'9" 240lbs and solid!

you know doing barbell curls will put a hurting on your elbows and forearm. you should do some dumbells, cable curls till that ****s healed otherwise i have a feeling it wont get better bro.

thanks bro..its funny,i went to my physical therapist today,and she was so amazed at my ROM and flexability that i don't have to go back..lmao..and my doc was wanting my to go 3 times a week.lol..she told me to keep up with what i've been doing b/c its working.

man good luck with that..definetly keep us updated on your progress for these contests..congrats bro..i hope to be where you are at eventually.
    SWEET MAN! yeah PT is a waste of money anyways. basically all you have to do is start to work your arm more and over time you get your ROM back...at least in my case.

you know it...i'm excited as hell!
    Force Factor Athlete

01-22-09 **202lbs**

Its been a long ass time since i did an update, partly due because my home computer has a virus so i can only access the internet through my cell phone(which is a pain) and at work. We're buying a laptop and getting our computer fixed in the next week.

I dont even know where to begin, so much has happened since my last update. I'll just let everyone know the most recent events.

I started doing very miniumal chest exercises probably about 4 weeks ago, very very light cable cross overs on the freemotion cable machine, 6 sets of 40reps per set. Then a couple weeks ago i included doing Machine bench press again very light and concentrated, very slow movements. Yesterday i did chest and for the first time ITS SORE...WHOOOO-HOOOO!! So i started out with Nautilis Bench press, i did a couple warm-up sets(no weights) for 40 reps then added 25lbs per side for 40reps then 45lbs per side for 20reps (total of 3 working sets) then i moved to the Freemotion cable flies and did 2 warmup sets and 3 working sets...the poundage increased by 10lbs since last chest workout THEN i did dumbell presses using 25lbs, dumbells held out far to the side and pressed them together for 20reps. Doing dumbell presses for the first time in months, felt like the first time i EVER did them. It was awkward, especially after my tricep workout..my arms and chest were shaking.

I dont recall if i mentioned this but i started doing dumbell shoulder presses last week and it was VERY awkward! I only did 10lbs for 20 reps, well a couple days ago i did them again and repped out 50lbs(per arm, sitting on a bench, no back support or belt) for 20reps! I could have easily done more but i held back. I use to feel some strain in my chest while doing shoulder presses but not anymore, in fact i dont feel any strain on my chest now.

To sum it up, besides my chest workout...i'm almost as strong as i was pre pec-tear! Everything is going so well, I thought i would never see the day..or this soon. I'm getting a lot of compliments in the gym, people who've seen me for years say i look the biggest i've ever been! One guy couldnt get over how big i've gotten. This post kind of sucks but i'm goign to make more of an effort to keep you guys posted on my workouts.

My chest will have a larger indentation where the tear was but it wont look too bad. We'll see, I start dieting down for Muscletech Hydroxycut Hardbody contest & Junior Nationals in 2 months!

BTW- If you guys didnt know i was Amateur Bodybuilder of the week last week (#427)! And if you purchased any products from bodybuilding.com you'll see a pamphlet from Muscletech re: 2009 Bodyspace Transformation contest and see my picture on it!

TIME FOR MY AFTERNOON NAP!
    Force Factor Athlete