Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    ENOUGH!

A cert given to a trainer can be best compared metaphorically as follows:

If you give a guy a paint set, he can call himself a painter.
    If you give the same guy an EXPENSIVE AND DETAILED paint set, he's still just a painter.... just with expensive and detailed paint.

The skill the painter has comes from practice.
    I would've lied if I told you this was easy.

Check out my tumblr: http://nickmanzoni.tumblr.com/

bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigpayno is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Which is better?

I think each certification has it's own unique style and value. For instance, I think NASM offers more of a therapuetic and rehabilitation aspect than the others. The NSCA concentrates more on strength training. I have a fellow manager that is certified through NASM and she struggles with building mass for clients. I think it's the trainer's preference as well. It's easier for a guy to train someone who is looking to pack on the pounds and muscle as opposed to a girl that is trimming and toning. I think this works both ways. She does a better job than I do at working with females looking to shapen and tone.
    Those are all reputable companies. I think any of the certification programs, from NASM to NFPT are good as long as the trainer puts in the maximum effort to learn everything they should know. I would however, stay away from Expertrating.com...I don't even acknowledge people that apply to my gym with that "certification".

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am thinking of trying to get a NASM certification since its considered one of the bests, if not the best, but they dont offer job placement. i spoke with a rep on the phone with ISSA and they do actually offer job placement, but the cert isnt as well recognized. what should i do guys?

Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nickmanzoni View Post
    ENOUGH!

If you give the same guy an EXPENSIVE AND DETAILED paint set, he's still just a painter.... just with expensive and detailed paint.

True, the certification does not make the trainer. However when it comes down to getting a job, they're going to look at your certification. Correct? (Exluding those who are independant)

SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mythic Beast View Post
    True, the certification does not make the trainer. However when it comes down to getting a job, they're going to look at your certification. Correct? (Exluding those who are independant)
    lol most gyms could not care, as long as you are insurable you are good to go.

I am not counting the top facilities in LA or MIA or anythign like that where PT's are $500+ an hour, I mean more towards the commercial gyms.
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MVP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They don't care what certification you have. What's most important to them, is can you sell? Are you going to make them richer?
    Mastering Yourself Makes You Fearless

hard-gainer-37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Damn banking crisis and certifications

Originally Posted by riironman View Post
    i am thinking about trying this since i think i am getting layed off soon.(damn baning crises) I am having trouble finding ACE and ACSM classes in RI. The gyms around here seem to be getting cheap lately. i talked a few people who train and they arent making as much money anymore because of the gyms wanting bigger and bigger cuts.
    Totally agree; I am a banking casualty too. About to be laid off...looking into the Personal Trainer career change...glad I found this forum and this thread.

Registered User SilverSlugger10's Avatar
    SilverSlugger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverSlugger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverSlugger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverSlugger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverSlugger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverSlugger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverSlugger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverSlugger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SilverSlugger10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What do you guys think about the ACSM HFS cert?? I understand that "the paint doesn't make the painter" but I just wanted to know if any of you have this cert, and what your opinion is. Thanks

Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythic Beast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
    lol most gyms could not care, as long as you are insurable you are good to go.

I am not counting the top facilities in LA or MIA or anythign like that where PT's are $500+ an hour, I mean more towards the commercial gyms.
    Originally Posted by MVP View Post
    They don't care what certification you have. What's most important to them, is can you sell? Are you going to make them richer?
    Lifetime Fitness is commercial and requires NCCA accredited certs.

SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SHOWTIME has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lifetime Fitness is commercial and requires NCCA accredited certs.
    lol, WOW, you found an exception, there is probably 200+ chain gyms in N.America,
    PreSurge = Pre WO.

dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol, WOW, you found an exception, there is probably 200+ chain gyms in N.America,
    Urban Active requires one of the following certifications: CSCS, NSCA, NASM, ACE, ISSA, ACSM, or NFPT. So there are at least two "exceptions".
    Professional Fitness Trainer
    MS, NASM, NFPT

It was an example, and it happens to be one of the most well known gyms. What you said was right though, most commercial gyms won't care about the certification, well unless you've got a manager who thinks certifications are everything.

Anyway commercial gyms aside, having a NASM here in IL greatly increases your chances to get a job. So many NASM only, NASM/ACSM only and NASM/NSCA/ACSM only gyms.

I'm just saying it always helps to have something more prestigious.

Originally Posted by dshinton View Post
    Urban Active requires one of the following certifications: CSCS, NSCA, NASM, ACE, ISSA, ACSM, or NFPT. So there are at least two "exceptions".

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most of my certificates are from the ymca and active iq examining boards which get their knowledge mostly from the acsm.

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in my opinion, it doesn't matter what board your certificates come from as long as you broaden your knowledge with continual proffessional development, practice and reading up on diffferent perspectives, reading alot of books etc.

davidarcher67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Best Certification!

This certificate, that certificate, over there certificate.
    I believe the best certificate a good trainer can have is from the client. A thank you card or note from someone you showed how much you cared about them and not about how much you know. " People don't care about how much you know until they know about how much you care"- Rick Warren

I live in a small Oklahoma town, and no one here cares about which certification you have. I show compassion and genuine honesty wherever I go and people remember that. The average Joe on the street that needs my help in attaining and maintaining a healthy life style is not going to remember the name of the certificate I have five minutes later.

So, I say don't worry as much about which one. Pick one that is nationally recognized and go help someone that needs it. Thanks

tomtrainer_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tomtrainer_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Certification - don't stop learning!

Originally Posted by XtremeFitnessINC View Post
    To be completely honest with you, any recognized cert is good enough if you are working for yourself as opposed to a gym. Gym's are more specific in what type of cert but the average trainee has no idea of what certification trumphs the next. As long as you apear to be a very fit individual and if your networking skills are up to par you'll do great! I can't even begin to tell you about how many people that hired me as a trainer because of how I personally look. So no stress, I say follow through with ACE and make that money
    I hope folks will realize that just getting through your cert. course is not going to cut it. I can't believe one of you asked if you need CPR training! If you don't know anything about the heart you are not going to be a very knowing trainer. Yes! I have used my life saving training on the job! Along with getting my (ACE) cert. which requires a considerable amount of CEU training. I spent 16 months 1000+hrs as a physical therapy aide and I am working on a Kinesiology degree. You have to keep learning and seeking quality guidance. A $300.00 dollar piece of paper is not going to cut it!
    KeepTraining!

nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    Today:

I sat down 3 personal trainers: One had ISSA, two had ACSM, and myself having neither.

I held in my hands a text book from NASM. I asked sample question based on NASM's belief on how one SHOULD train.

The question:
    Which phase of training enhances prime mover strength and improves rate of force production concurrently?

And of course, none of them could answer the question, because each cert tests on WHAT THEY BELIEVE, NOT WHAT IS RIGHT!!!!!

Don't believe me? Each and every scientific body estimates what percentage of water the body is made of? NASM's answer MAY suprise you.... if you have an idea say it out loud and then scroll down to see the answer NASM says.....

it's 60% my hand to God.
    I would've lied if I told you this was easy.

Check out my tumblr: http://nickmanzoni.tumblr.com/

Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stromen8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Issa

I am completing my ISSA trainer course and noticed that they now say they are NCAA certified.

Is there an independent site I could also view this on?

Any help is appreciated.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.

-Abigail Adams

LucidSnowDream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Stromen8 View Post
    I am completing my ISSA trainer course and noticed that they now say they are NCAA certified.

Is there an independent site I could also view this on?

Any help is appreciated.
    I believe you mean NCCA?

NCCA = National Commission for Certifying Agencies

NCAA = National Collegiate Athletic Association

quote from ISSA Site.....

"Why not NCCA? NCCA is not recognized by either the USDoE or CHEA. Further, NCCA standards specifically state that any organization that seeks accreditation of their examination cannot require any courses, classes, training, or workshops as a prerequisite to sit for their examination. We believe that students should be required to complete educational courses, classes, and training prior to taking an examination to become a personal trainer. It is for these reasons that ISSA has chosen not to pursue NCCA accreditation. "

gmand75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmand75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ACE Certification

I am already certified with ISSA but i would like another certification
    how accessable is ACE online,
    i would like to do take this additional course while i am deployed
    SGT Guz

dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10) dshinton is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Let's break down that quote from ISSA:

Originally Posted by ISSA
    Why not NCCA? NCCA is not recognized by either the USDoE or CHEA.
    This is a straw-man argument. The NCCA is not an accreditation authority for degree granting institutions or trade schools. So there is not reason to be recognized by these organizations.

Further, NCCA standards specifically state that any organization that seeks accreditation of their examination cannot require any courses, classes, training, or workshops as a prerequisite to sit for their examination.
    This is a requirement to provide a basic body of knowledge (BOK) that stands on its own to becomes the published standard. Since the test has to stand on its own, this encourages organizations to make the test as challenging as possible, which increases the value of the certification. Without this requirement, an organization could make you attend an expensive workshop with an incredibly easy test at the end to get certified, which only proves attendance and not understanding.

We believe that students should be required to complete educational courses, classes, and training prior to taking an examination to become a personal trainer.
    As long as it isn't abused (see previous point), then yes; this is a good idea to have some sort of hands on or classroom requirement.

It is for these reasons that ISSA has chosen not to pursue NCCA accreditation.
    I think these may be some of the reasons. I think that it is funny that they failed to mention that Sal Arria, the founder of ISSA is also the President of the National Board of Fitness Examiners (NBFE); which is an accreditation authority that competes with the NCCA.

Not to say there is anything sinister in that or that the ISSA is a bad cert. It's just that there is an undisclosed conflict of interest in their statement about the NCCA, which makes their entire argument suspect.
    Professional Fitness Trainer
    MS, NASM, NFPT

HLehman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It was an example, and it happens to be one of the most well known gyms. What you said was right though, most commercial gyms won't care about the certification, well unless you've got a manager who thinks certifications are everything.

Anyway commercial gyms aside, having a NASM here in IL greatly increases your chances to get a job. So many NASM only, NASM/ACSM only and NASM/NSCA/ACSM only gyms.

I'm just saying it always helps to have something more prestigious.

When I was originally looking into obtaining my first cert, I spoke to someone I know at Lifetime since I am not even in the business yet. NASM was the one that was highly recommended. They won't even consider hiring new trainers without it.
    Team Scivation

Whats good for lower abs? kserajuddin's Avatar
    kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kserajuddin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nickmanzoni View Post
    ENOUGH!

Hahaha! The debate goes on... I think this will be a never-ending thread -
    "Do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life" - either Confucius or the Dalai Lama - I get them confused -

RIP Sweetie 2006-2010 Macrobolic's Avatar
    Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Macrobolic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MonoDiablo View Post
    Mythic Beast:

I see you recommend the big 3 but you are ISSA certified? I was looking at this one as well. From what you know from experience, would you chose one of these "big 3" before ISSA?

My highest point of interest is in nutrition and performance supplementation.

THANKS!
    I've got the ISSA as well, and it's good for home study, if you need that. I'm also going to school for a B.S. in Exercise Science. ISSA also has a cert in Performance Nutrition, so you should look into that.
    "To close one's eyes will not ease another's pain" - Chinese Proverb
    "An outdoor dog has an address, not a home" -unknown

Modern
    Fitness
    Forum

Go
    There
    Now

dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dmbphan041 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what are the best Canadian certifications? There arent any that are US and Cananda are there? that'd be sweet.

and....how many years of serious lifting should one have before becoming a trainer?
    Adam

FUSION - BODYBUILDING'S STRONGEST SUPPLEMENTS
    www.fusionbodybuilding.com

My SUB Q Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=288603911#post288603911

NPLabs Lean-Resuce Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=324662591&posted=1#post324662591

Goal (one day) : 200lb @ 10%BF

likwidmunki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys. im from england and im studying to be a personal trainer, which would mean that im reps level 3. i was looking at coming to america (or thinking about it at least!) and wondered if this qualification was recognised in america, or indeed specific states. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Homeostasis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dmbphan041 View Post
    what are the best Canadian certifications?
    The most recognized are Can-Fit-Pro and CPTN.

BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BBMechanics has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I'm currently studying with ACE to be certified. I payed about 180 bucks for the most basic package after shipping. The book seems to just procrastinate by using the most comprehensive words possible to make it look professional, but would save a lot of time and make it easier if they just told you word-for-word what you needed to know.

josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000) josephinedalton is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KHSwideout2k8 View Post
    do u even have to go to a college to get ur certificate??
    No you don't. I'm one of those college educated trainers and my boyfriend has a basic cert. We are both rather equal in terms of being able to actually train and get results, but I know so much more than him that I sometimes make him feel stupid when it comes to explaining the etiology of exercise on muscle growth, human metabolism, biomechanics, biochemistry and all that seemingly useless knowledge (I don't mean to, of course). People come to me to learn something, but go to him for an asswhoopin'... what they don't know is that I can whoopass just as hard, and my bark is way meaner.

But with lack of current regulation of fitness professionals, you can get away with getting the bare minimum... the notorious $99 Expert Rating cert. which is nothing more than a 20 minute test. Do keep in mind that none of the home training courses or workshops through most organizations will help you fully prepare to apply what you have learned. You get the basics; then you'r own your own to learn the rest. Your chances of greatly injuring a client due to poor understanding of the body are very high and that is why trainers require million dollar liability insurance.

Read this interesting article about the PT field
    http://www.menshealth.com/cda/articl...00cee793cd____

As of last year, a few states proposed new laws that would require all personal trainers to obtain a license by passing a board (most likely through the NBFE). District of Columbia, New Jersey and Georgia are on the forefront of this movement.... and many other states are catching on. So if you are interested in getting into PT, I suggest you get moving before on getting your practice in because this is one way for states to make a few more bucks off you... which in my professional opinion, they should. I am hurt every time I take on new client after their last trainer did some damage due to lack of knowledge. those trainers make it hard for good trainers to be trusted.

If you honestly want to make personal training your business and be considered an expert, don't take the cheap and easy route. Get a good certificate (ACSM, NASM, NSCA, NESTA, etc) and even after you get certified, keep on educating yourself. There is way more to know about PT that even these certifying bodies cannot cover. And dont let yourself be known as one of those "rep counters" ....
    Josie "TRAINER JO" Dalton

Site: http://www.TrainerJo.com
    Talk Show: coming back soon
    FB: http://www.********.com/lasvegastrainerjo
    IG: @Ms.Trainer.Jo
    Google Plus: COMING SOON
    Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/trainerjo
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mstrainerjo

RRDZ473 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRDZ473 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRDZ473 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRDZ473 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRDZ473 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRDZ473 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RRDZ473 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are there any good online courses to take?