Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    jscottdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jscottdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jscottdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jscottdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jscottdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jscottdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jscottdavis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Interesting!

It's great to see an article which benefits a large number of people out there who could use alittle more weight and muscle.
    Now involved with intensified training! Must look buff and ravishing for shirtless summer weather!

Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kahuna-McAuley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I need to start doing more of the basic muscle building exercises like the squat and deadlifts.

Good article though
    Im on a Missison to Get a Six Pack for Summer
    Check Out My Progress at My Body Blog
    http://blog.bodybuilding.com/Kahuna-McAuley

iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ive hit a "plateau" as far as my weight goes also...im stuck at around 150...155 on a good day..ive posted this before on a diff thread, but what do u guys think i should do as far as routine?

stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hope i had a freaking fast metabolism

iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by stathis723 View Post
    hope i had a freaking fast metabolism
    no you dont..it sucks ass

FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FatboysFatter has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by iam87 View Post
    ive hit a "plateau" as far as my weight goes also...im stuck at around 150...155 on a good day..ive posted this before on a diff thread, but what do u guys think i should do as far as routine?
    I was the same way for quite some time... when you get a little older, you'll be trying to get back to it, trust me.

benavril has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just got test results back from the doctor and found out i have double the hyrochloric acid and hydrolytic enzymes in my stomach than the average human being. This is going to back it 2x harder to gain weight. Is there any medicines to help with this problem or am i just going to have to eat double the amount? Hydrochloric acid and hydrolytic enzymes are the main substances in your stomach that breaks down the food.

ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eat your heart out. every couple of hours.
    FLAT: 225x11 INCLINE DB 100x9 incline bench 225x8 deadlift: [RETIRED!! OUTTA HERE] FS: 225X8

ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectobruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iam87 View Post
    no you dont..it sucks ass
    this. so much money is spent. and even when you get a successful bulk. you literally have to fight your own mental state to keep the food down, nearly tilly you feel boated/ puking.

not to mention hardgainers fluctuate between weight so much it's not even funny.
    FLAT: 225x11 INCLINE DB 100x9 incline bench 225x8 deadlift: [RETIRED!! OUTTA HERE] FS: 225X8

flash234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep on going mate =)

billr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billr77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good stuff.

Ronners has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great exercises, thanks for the article!

Dropset222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fat Fat Fat

You need fat to gain muscle. Flaxseed/Cod liver oil.

jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100)
    great post

jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100) jblaze69 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ectobruh View Post
    eat your heart out. every couple of hours.
    like,

stubborn112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that's good

jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

true

lots of water and eating the right foods in intervals of 3-4hrs plus protein

jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jorgeee7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

before

i went from playing d1 soccer and weighing 125 to 145 but now im shredding dwn

FastBrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    basicly:
    .1 Train hard and lift heavy weights- it's important that you keep Challenging your body and making it work harder all the time. workout at least 3 times a week but no more then 4.
    .2 Give your body the time it needs to recover and make sure you get planty of sleep( at least 8 hours every night)
    3. get you'r diet in order. This means that from now on you have to eat every 2-3 hours. Focus on foods that have a lot of protein like meat, chicken, tuna fish and eggs, the rest of your diet should be made up of organic foods like vegetables and whole carbs.

AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50) AiMB0t will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would eat a bunch of twinkies if I had to gain weight... no lie.
    ツ Reading misc. forum made me crazy, never gonna read another thread on the misc forum again crew ツ

ツ Realized i'm not FA, i just choose to be by myself crew ツ

lozfish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good article pal. Some really good bits.

I would however disagree with some bits.

"Now, here is one key point you can't forget: don't make the mistake of believing that because the reps are relatively high, means you are only going to be using light weights. Think just the opposite, you are going to be training with HEAVY weights (relative to your strengths or course) for HIGH reps. Sounds like a paradox I know, but heavy weight for high reps will work for these exercises, and more importantly, they will work wonders for your weight gains."

For me this is practically impossible. If you are training properly and unless you are training a very very specific , you should train every set to failure. So to increase the weight and rep range...for one to go up the other must come down, it's science. Also science says to achieve muscle hypertrophy your rep range should be 8-12...this is proven and works. And muscle size increase = weight increase....again science.

"1) Squats: 2 x 15

2) Bench Press: 3 x 12

3) Bent-Over Barbell Rows: 3 x 15

4) Overhead or Military Press: 2 x 12

5) Romanian Deadlifts: 1 x 15"

I would chuck in a pull up/chin up as well, this is a must do exercise.

I think you can increase your training sessions to 3-5 per week. The key thing about weight gain is your nutrition. That goes for all programs really. Nutrition needs to be spot on

"Don't think that squats and Romanian deadlifts will only make your legs big. In fact, if you do them in the way I'm about to reveal to you, they will be responsible for 80% of the weight you will gain on your WHOLE body."

This the essential truth and should be at the front of your mind when training. Great point.

"The second aspect is your diet. The number one rule to gaining weight is this: you will only gain weight when you have consumed more calories then you have burned. So here's what you should do next: starting tomorrow, eat what you normally eat everyday, but count how many calories you are eating. Whatever your number is, your goal is to eat around 500 to 1,000 more calories then that each day. Here is a little trick to help you do that: every morning make yourself a huge protein shake, enough to fit in a gallon container, and consume it evenly throughout the day, both with and without your meals. Throw in a bunch of healthy, calorie and protein packed foods until altogether until it equals the 500 to 1,000 extra calories you need. Examples of what you can add are milk, a banana, peanut butter, molasses, powdered milk, and ice cream.

The last aspect you can't forget if you want to learn how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism is to limit your other activities and rest as much as possible. Any time you're moving you're burning extra calories, and you'll want to burn as little as possible outside of your weight training. That means no cardiovascular exercises or any sports for that matter. Remember, you are trying to learn how to gain weight when you have a fast metabolism and any activity outside your weight training is counter-productive."

You couldn't be more right here pal. Great comments and advice. Really hit the nail on the head. Good article overall.

Just out of curiosity what were your gains and measurements?

My opinion is only opinion remember everybody is different and we all react differently to everything in health and fitness.

ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50) ENROUTE will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good advice

quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100)

nha dat, alo nha dat

nha dat, alo nha dat
    alonhadat.net/shop/index.php

quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100) quangcao2012 is not very well liked. (-100)

alo nha dat

Sieu thi nha ban, ban can ho, dat chinh chu o tp.hcm, cac tinh lan can
    xem chi tiet: alonhadat.net

aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aliceliner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Very exciting article!Your essay makes a lot of sense, can give everyone very different things.
    I really appreciate your insights and philosophy.
    http://www.xtmmo.com

Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Forzas has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ninjinja View Post
    This is a great article, but like.... somone said is good for the newbie hard gainers, and trust me I am a HARD GAINER. I don't agree with cutting cardio completely out of the workout @ all! And this workout will be great... until you hit that first plateau, I could never have gotten the gains that I have in the last while not working out five days a week, I agree we have to have more rest than the average man, and maybe its me and my body as we are all different, but I do the average mans one muscle group a day work out and it works for me. The biggest key I have found to gaining, is eat eat eat... the preverbial "see-food diet"....
    this.

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    there's no such thing as a hard gainer......
    there's people who just don't know how to eat enough.

you can cut cardio if you want. I cut cardio out and put on about 25 pounds in a year. I don't struggle in the gym with my workouts so it didn't put a huge hit on my work capacity.

butters226 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah it sucks having a fast metabolism.. I was always toothpick skinny until the past 6 months because I got into body building and am taking it seriously now. You almost have to cut out cardio because it's counterproductive and it's that much more you have to make up for in calories. Used to run and play basketball everyday but I realized it was taking away from what I was doing in the gym.

xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50) xevets will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    is warmup, say 10 minutes on the thread mill considered cardio?

johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) johnb92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    eat large volumes of foods every couple of hours

eat calorie dense foods + lots of fats

if your short of time..... whole milk + peanut butter + ground oats + tbsp Olive oil + whey (if you want) = profit