tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is milk okay PWO?

I have a ton of vanilla whey left from before I started KETO. But, truth be told, this stuff tastes like sh*t with anything but milk. My PWO meal has been a can of tuna and I don't think 22g of protein is enough for PWO. I know milk isn't KETO friendly, but I also know I can disregard carbs after a workout. So would that make milk okay to use for a PWO shake?
    *United States Marine Corps*
    LCpl Status achieved

tayphill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The casein in milk slows down the digestion of protein which is the opposite of what you want for your PWO shake/meal. Stick to Whey with a bit of dextrose and add water.

tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tblake87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's what I thought too, just verifying. I'm going to try and force a scoop of this stuff down with water(gag reflex hates it). It seems like just a waste not to use it.
    *United States Marine Corps*
    LCpl Status achieved

tayphill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Add in about 25g of dextrose then, it won't kick you out of ketosis and I definitely sweetens up the shake...I personally hate just Whey and water...and the dextrose will induce a nice insulin spike

DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tayphill View Post
    The casein in milk slows down the digestion of protein which is the opposite of what you want for your PWO shake/meal. Stick to Whey with a bit of dextrose and add water.
    The casein slows it some yes, but the suger (Lactose) speeds it up, same reason creatine it taken with sugars, right? Also I wouldnt think the whey and casein bind, so they should absorb at different times rather you have it with milk or water anyway. I think it may better to take it with milk honestly, I have for a long time. Its more protein in the long run and tastes way better. All these are just my opinions.

In any case I think the difference is trivial at best, non existent at worst; I don't think you will notice a difference of gains if you take it with milk or water. Really its kind of moot, milk has a good bit of carbs in it, which is bad for Keto yeah?

JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JIMMY SHOWTIME has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lactose=sugar

Sometimes the carb counts of dairy products surprise people. Milk has a lot of lactose (milk sugar), while cream looks like it's lower than it is due to the serving size on the container. A tablespoon of cream has a little less than half a gram of carbohydrate, and is labeled as having zero carbs - BUT there are 16 tablespoons in a cup, so the whole cup has about 6? grams of carbohydrate.

Here are the carb counts of a cup (8 fluid ounces) of the following, according to the USDA database. Note: some milks are "protein-fortified", and sometimes powdered milk is added for more "body" - this will alter the carb counts, so be sure to check the label. Also, "cream" varies depending upon the amount of butterfat and lactose.

Whole milk - 11.4 grams of carbohydrate
    2 % milk - 11.7
    1 % milk - 11.6
    Fat-free (skim) milk - 11.9
    Buttermilk - 11.7
    Goat's milk - 10.9
    Half and Half - 10.4
    Light Cream - 7.1
    Heavy Cream - 6.6

Evaporated milk (canned) - 25.3
    Nonfat evaporated - 29.0
    Sweetened condensed milk - 166 (not a typo)

Milk Substitutes
    Unsweetened soy milk - between 2 and 5, depending upon brand. (Note: Most soy milk is sweetened.)
    Unsweetened almond milk - 2-3 grams, depending upon brand - again, most is sweetened
    Coconut milk - 6.3

Just find a protein powder that tastes great with water, like ON

That **** is awesome..

Next best is muscle milk but that has carbs..
    boo!!!
    I am the Alpha and Omega