Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000)

How bodybuilding will make you sterile! (serious)

I posted this in reply to a thread where the OP was curious whether rumors about bb'ing making you sterile are true. The post was one of the last on the 2nd page, so was likely skimmed over by most. Here it is for your benefit:

Originally Posted by vadox6466 View Post
    First off, you're 13, so anything you look up about this subject will be incomprehensible to your young mind.

And I have to say it's true. I personally learned about it in my AP Biology class. I'll try to simplify it for you..

When you workout, you put stress on your body. Now, your body always attempts to maintain homeostasis -- the state in which everything in your body is at "normal" levels. When stress is placed on your body (especially when you do it over and over, ie bodybuilding) your body has to respond. Usually, it responds by stimulating the release of hormones.. which are chemical messengers telling your cells how to adjust to the stress.

With me so far? Good. Now, it turns out that the two hormones responsible for sperm production in humans -- Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone -- are also inexplicably linked to reducing stress levels (this is why an orgasm feels good). If you continuously workout, your body has two choices: either release hormones which mitigate the stress placed on your body, or, succumb to the stress and and not respond. The second choice will never occur because your body is built to maintain homeostasis. So, it releases the hormones, and directs these hormones to go to your muscle cells to release stress -- instead of being used to make sperm. If this continues for a prolonged time, your body shifts all of these hormones to be directed towards reducing stress levels in your muscles -- and completely away from sperm production. At which point you become sterile.

But you should be good for now. I think I remember reading that it takes a period of 9-15 months before you become sterile. So if you workout for about 6 months (just to be safe), and then take about a year off, and then workout again for 6 months, you'll be able to grow without sacrificing your baby-producing abilities. Albeit, this growth will be much, MUCH slower than if you were to workout consitently, but it comes with it's price.

By the way, here's a link with some more information: http://encarta.msn.com/media_4615738..._hormones.html

If you want to know more, or want to ask me some questions, feel free to PM me and I'll help you out.

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I posted this in reply to a thread where the OP was curious whether rumors about bb'ing making you sterile are true. The post was one of the last on the 2nd page, so was likely skimmed over by most. Here it is for your benefit:
    give me a break. you sound like an idiot

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "If this continues for a prolonged time, your body shifts all of these hormones to be directed towards reducing stress levels in your muscles -- and completely away from sperm production. At which point you become sterile."

yeah I took AP biology too....but I didn't decide that I had the education to make semi logical conclusionary jumps based on limited knowledge before I was even in college....

ACTUALLY, instead of shifting all of your hormones to be directed towards muscle and away from your sex organs, your body simply makes more hormones to maintain homeostasis and to address the stress, many times improving libido and virility in men as long as they aren't overtraining....go to pub med and search "exercise endocrine system testosterone" and you'll find your half way thought out hypothesis is totally wrong.

The body is an adaptive machine, and everything places some level of stress on the body...by your same logic anyone who did anything at all stressful would eventually become sterile...power walkers, couple years...sterile.
    Joggers, couple years....sterile....any athlete....forget about it...sterile in 9 months....get the **** outta here dude, what are you autistic?

noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Your body can't sterilize itself without some sort of illness or cancer.

2. Even if your body WOULD shut down all its own sperm production, it could still be started up again. Guys who have been on testosterone for YEARS at the time with 0 spermcount can still get their balls up and working in a pretty short time.

3.There is NOTHING more valuable then reproduction for our bodies. It's more important then even survival is. If our bodies could chose between surviving and never reproducing again or reproducing a few times and then dying, it would pick the latter. There is NO WAY IN HELL that it would give up on the most important thing ever (which is having children) because of something as stupid as that.

noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    "If this continues for a prolonged time, your body shifts all of these hormones to be directed towards reducing stress levels in your muscles -- and completely away from sperm production. At which point you become sterile."

yeah I took AP biology too....but I didn't decide that I had the education to make semi logical conclusionary jumps based on limited knowledge before I was even in college....

ACTUALLY, instead of shifting all of your hormones to be directed towards muscle and away from your sex organs, your body simply makes more hormones to maintain homeostasis and to address the stress, many times improving libido and virility in men as long as they aren't overtraining....go to pub med and search "exercise endocrine system testosterone" and you'll find your half way thought out hypothesis is totally wrong.

The body is an adaptive machine, and everything places some level of stress on the body...by your same logic anyone who did anything at all stressful would eventually become sterile...power walkers, couple years...sterile.
    Joggers, couple years....sterile....any athlete....forget about it...sterile in 9 months....get the **** outta here dude, what are you autistic?
    rofl, nicely said.

GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    stfu

but guys muscles are like children, so we're sacrificing our offspring for our own genetic babies. it's very logical and scientific.

vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000) vadox6466 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by noise View Post
    but guys muscles are like children, so we're sacrificing our offspring for our own genetic babies. it's very logical and scientific.
    duuh

Registered User SilvrBckGorilla's Avatar
    SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice case studies you provided to back up your claims...

...oh wait.

Originally Posted by SilvrBckGorilla View Post
    Nice case studies you provided to back up your claims...

...oh wait.
    I can armbar you, so please stfu.

SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SilvrBckGorilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can armbar you, so please stfu.
    LMAO....i will fck you up like i fcked Ronnie Coleman up back in the day

Squattin in the Curl Rack GettunBuff's Avatar
    GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000) GettunBuff is just really nice. (+1000)

I endorse this message.
    we all gunna make it brahs

Originally Posted by SilvrBckGorilla View Post
    LMAO....i will fck you up like i fcked Ronnie Coleman up back in the day
    Ronnie Coleman can stand up to a trailer truck. A simple silverback gorilla is no match for him.

(especially since somebody like me, who weighs 190lb's, can also easily armbar you)

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GeneticFreak300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ronnie Coleman can stand up to a trailer truck. A simple gorilla is no match for him.

(especially since somebody like me, who weighs 190lb's, can also easily armbar you)
    silverback grorrilas can get up to 600 lb at 5 ftt 5 lol

Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Xero Gio is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I started lifting when I just became a teenager. Never stopped lifting...HEAVY. For YEARS, not a 9-15 months or whatever.

And I know I'm still packin'. If weight training really did that to you, wanna tell me why a guy like Arnold has 4 kids? C'mon.

Strong just got Stronger 7399martyn's Avatar
    7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000) 7399martyn is a name known to all. (+5000)

i agree
    i knew there was something fishy about the OPs comment
    Powerlifter at PTC Performance Training Centre

661 squat, 385 bench, 705 deadlift, 1752lb total.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVx1ANJc7lc

Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am officially hi-jacking this thread!

hmmmmmmm

!

Originally Posted by Dallas_15 View Post

hmmmmmmm

!

tempted to neg for this...not cool brah

hmmmmmmm

!

negged dude

Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dallas_15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You gotta see the funny side...

I love arnie just as much (no homo)

thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000) thedestro is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I'm almost embarassed that the OP took the time to write up that stupid ass ****.

XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Umm hang on mate i think you screwed yourself over from the start. I dont know anything about this but from your post:
    Homeostasis is your body keeping everything right. So if this is true then your body wouldnt ruin one of your (most important) functions just to do whatever? Sorry to say but your theory is completely flawed from the start because you yourself said your body is made to keep itself in this homeostasis and then you said it will screw itself up.

tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tund3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So, it releases the hormones, and directs these hormones to go to your muscle cells to release stress -- instead of being used to make sperm.
    thats where you lost me. Your body doesnt do one instead of the other, it can do BOTH when needed.

negged for misinformation and talking out of your ass
    ===Goal achieved. Now lean bulking for life===
    Format: Start (Dec-11) ---- Goal achieved (Aug-12)

Squat: 50kg x 5 ---- 170kg x 1
    Bench: 50kg x 5 ---- 100kg x 1
    Deadlift: 85 kg x 5 ---- 200kg x 1
    Total: 185 kg / 408 lbs --- 470 kg / 1036 lbs

*CEO 10k/day crew*
    *99.9th percentile IQ crew*

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So by that logic anyone who lifts for over a year should be sterile. Too bad millions of lifters all over the world continue to reproduce and get stronger every day or this post might have some credibility.

gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And now I've heard it all. I guess I'll tell my fiance that birth control is a waste of money for us. But if you're wrong, I'm sending you a bill for all the hospital expenses.
    Toxic Masculinity

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You gotta see the funny side...

I love arnie just as much (no homo)
    I hope you saw the funny side of my 4000 neg.

Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mysterious One has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your body's primary biological objective is to reproduce. It is the very reason you exist. If something as trivial as bodybuilding (or other physical stressors) would cause your body to cease creating gametes the human race would have gone extinct a long time ago.

YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50) YORK_ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Loctus View Post
    I hope you saw the funny side of my 4000 neg.
    lmao repped