Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ctgblue View Post
    Sorry, but WRONG
    WEIDER USED to be a brand name, sold the name, now the equipment is crap
    so the smith he is looking at is a top of the line piece of crap (translation - expensive piece of crap), been on it, wouldn't let my daughter use one
    Buy used, don't buy crap
    bushings instead of bearings, cheap welds, shaky cage, rickety bench, bench weight cap is like 350lbs INCLUDING user

There is nothing NAME BRAND about anything called weider anymore
    Exactly. When my dad used to buy weider equipment in the 70s-early 80's it was of fairly good quality. Now it's only the name alone that's any good. The quality has gone down the tubes. Whoever makes their stuff now should be shut down a.s.a.p.

OctopusInc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello body builders,

I have recently re-entered working out after a few years recovery from a real bad car accident. Last time I did any working out was playing volleyball in college, and the last three weeks I've been working out a lot, it feels great!

Alright, I found this forum by searching google for the Weider 8.5 Tech (aka the smith machine) that I found at Dick's for $699. Since then I've been searching craigslist and have found the C720 for $300, but am still not confident investing in any equiptment without further research. It sounds like you folks aren't fans of Weider equiptment--or at least new weider equiptment post 'sellout'--and it is good for me to see some feedback, since previously all I had read was company websites.

So it seems that this equiptment isn't optimal quality stuff, perhaps someone can point me in the direction of something that is? Here is a short list of workouts I would like to be able to do on a machine that I would buy (or a few machines if that's more economical). I plan to buy used equiptment over new.

- Bench- Preacher curl
    - Peck flies
    - Skull crushers (tricepts)
    - 'Train pulls' (I'm sure there is a better name for this!) cords on either side and pulling them forward, as though you were pulling a train!

I definitely want a machine of some kind, I am a lot more comfortable working with machines than free weights. I usually work out alone and don't have a spotter also. Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!

aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aikidoka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by abritt View Post
    From everything I've read I am now convinced that a power rack is the way to go. The only thing is trying to afford it. One of the few I've found that seem to be a good deal is this deltech on amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Squat-Rack-wit...258719&sr=1-9). Does anyone here have any experience with deltech racks? Is this actually a good deal? I've been trying to find some good used equipment on craigslist, but nothing around me as of yet.
    This deltech has a better lat attachment

http://www.amazon.com/Deltech-Fitnes...820460&sr=1-80