AKaramargin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Injury Prevention...Hate on me if you'd like..

...But I don't really care. This is why I NEVER do any type of olympic lift. I've been preached to plenty of times as to why I should incorporate olympic lifts in my exercies into my routine: "It's good for explosive power"....."It builds the whole body" ...yea, yeah, yeah...whatever. So does squats and deadlifts. Not to mention the fact they are much safer of an exercise to perform. Check this out and you might save yourself from future injuries by observation. http://www.*************/view?i=33a_1218642189

Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lavoisier has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok

Hating commence

You suck and your bull**** theories are unfounded

Weightlifting has one of the lowest injury rates of all professional sports
    Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107713181

AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AtomAnt70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I say, just do whatever works and is comfortable for you. Everyone is different so you need to do the lifts that give you results whether they are olympic lifts or not or even a combo.
    Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, only to be broken.

Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    who says we have to do olympic lifts HEAVY?

If you do them with light weight and focus on speed, you can stay injury free..
    "Let the past go, so you can grow"

"To be so prepared and conditioned that even on my worst day, I'm still going to win"

"Muscle quality looks more impressive than muscle quantity"

AKaramargin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lavoisier, don't get your panties in a bunch. Just because I don't do olympic lifts doesn't mean "I suck" or my theories are bull****. And if that were true, you're telling me that squats or deadlifts do not build strength, size, and power?

I can agree with Ivan as to keeping the weight light would decrease a chance of injury, but its a fact that a snatch or a jerk or anything like that uses a lot of momentum. Don't take it like I'm calling anyone out if your workout is based primarily on olympic lifts. I didn't say you won't get any gains, as I have using olympic lifts. I just feel that exercises using constant tension give my body greater gains in all aspects and leave less room for error.

And as for my lil haters, keep on hating!

Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000) Ivan25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AKaramargin View Post
    Lavoisier, don't get your panties in a bunch. Just because I don't do olympic lifts doesn't mean "I suck" or my theories are bull****. And if that were true, you're telling me that squats or deadlifts do not build strength, size, and power?

I can agree with Ivan as to keeping the weight light would decrease a chance of injury, but its a fact that a snatch or a jerk or anything like that uses a lot of momentum. Don't take it like I'm calling anyone out if your workout is based primarily on olympic lifts. I didn't say you won't get any gains, as I have using olympic lifts. I just feel that exercises using constant tension give my body greater gains in all aspects and leave less room for error.

And as for my lil haters, keep on hating!

Hey AKAaramargin,

Yes, I used did heavy olympic lifting for 1-year when I was playing college football... I was 19 and I was very fit and strong...

I love olympic lifts... If done properly, with light-moderate weight and if one progresses and allows the body to adapt, they are highly effective..

Reasons why:

1) Functional... They improve dynamic-ballistic flexibility... Overhead snatches improve core stability (overhead weight raises center-of-gravity, so core has to work to balance).. Also, it is great for the rotator cuff, b/c it works shoulder flexibility..

2) Explosiveness.. It is a sport-type move and improves your coordination...

3) I use it when I take a break from bodybuilding... There are other olympic lift progressions one can do...

a) Clean jerks with a band...

b) PNF patterns with a band into a lunge...

I watched the Olympics, and saw guys going into a deep squat with knees turning inward with over 500 lb!!!!

Is this good for the knees, NO... But are their bodies fit to deal with this? YES.. They train for years this way... Will many have joint problems later in life? Probably... Everyone is different, some will, others won't...

But to be safe, train smart and do these lifts in a way that fits one's needs... Keep them safe and they can be beneficial...
    "Let the past go, so you can grow"

"To be so prepared and conditioned that even on my worst day, I'm still going to win"

"Muscle quality looks more impressive than muscle quantity"