SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My pitiful Chest...

I've been making really good progress lately, my arms grow like weeds and my back is wider then ever.

My chest however is having problems. It just WON'T grow. It's so dissapointing. I can pulldown 240+ pounds and do 17 perfect form chin-ups. But my pecs are so weak in comparison. Any flat bench at all just kills my shoulders, same with flyes. Right now I'm sticking with inclines but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

Does anyone have any really good advice on how they overcame a seriously weak chest? Its even worse because I have this "rival" at my gym. I beat him in the arm department but his chest reigns over mine.
    Liberation through Self-Brutalization!
    If you have no pain you cannot be controlled

gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000) gunit00 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Um....Flat bench....

Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000) Kdawg1989 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thats not true.. Incline, flat or Decline all work the same muscle the only difference is that by doing each of them you just "emphasize" more on a certain area of the chest.. Example Incline is the best to work out outer upper chest.. no matter what one you do.. you chest will still be getting just as good as workout and gaining just as much muscle.. but you will tone a certain of the chest a little more.. just tone thats it.. Thats why people prefer incline because it tons upper outer chest more which inturn makes your chest look bigger when you stand normal.

I remember when I first started chest, first 3 weeks I did chest.. I could do like 25 pound dumbells at most.. after like the 2-3rd set it hurt like crazy as if I pulled all muscles in my arm.. But for some reason like after the 4th week I could start upping my weight by like 10-15 pounds a week.. Now I can do 60 pound dumbells for like all my first 6 sets of incline... and my chest seems to explode and be like my biggest gaining muscle.. guess everyone is different I wish I had exploding arms haha! i'll trade you!

bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968

first check that out and follow it.

when my rotator's were bad (well, they're still bad, just not as bad) i was only able to do crossovers and some light incline preses. at one point i could hardly flat bench the bar and i was raw benching 445 for reps prior. the trick is to use light weight and add volume. work up to heavier weight periodically. as you do that incorporate the exercises in the above thread and add in more chest exercises. go slow and get a good contraction and squeeze it, then do a nice and slow negative so you feel the stretch. for example, do 4-6 sets of 16-12 reps cable xovers and finish off with 3-4 sets of 10-15 pushups. add some weight to the xovers and keep up the rc exercises and in 3 weeks throw in incline db presses and go from there.
    Recip's Fierce Crew!!!!

Paul De Mayo
    06*02*2005

bdiesel@Safe-mail.net

SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SledgeBoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bdiesel View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968

first check that out and follow it.

when my rotator's were bad (well, they're still bad, just not as bad) i was only able to do crossovers and some light incline preses. at one point i could hardly flat bench the bar and i was raw benching 445 for reps prior. the trick is to use light weight and add volume. work up to heavier weight periodically. as you do that incorporate the exercises in the above thread and add in more chest exercises. go slow and get a good contraction and squeeze it, then do a nice and slow negative so you feel the stretch. for example, do 4-6 sets of 16-12 reps cable xovers and finish off with 3-4 sets of 10-15 pushups. add some weight to the xovers and keep up the rc exercises and in 3 weeks throw in incline db presses and go from there.

Thanks, its good to have help from someone who has gone through the same thing. About 2 years ago my chest was my best bodypart, but its like the rest of my body grew and my chest stayed the same size so now its my weakest bodypart. When I flat bench my shoulders hurt so bad afterwards I'm literally wincing with pain, the pain will usually die down the next day so it doesn't hurt too much on off days.

This article should help a lot.
    Liberation through Self-Brutalization!
    If you have no pain you cannot be controlled