Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ronaldinha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by billy. View Post
    Well, I'm training with weights at 5:00am for about an hour...I don't want to burn muscle, so I'm trying to give myself a little fuel for the workout. But I've eliminated that, and am just having more protein pre/post workout.
    You did good. Don't worry in 2 or 3 weeks you will be burning fat like a torch and your energy will be insane! I experimented that!
    Consistency is everything.

AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000)
    Haha not doing so bad? Well, today, I feel like a million bucks, but yesterday, I barely had enough energy to get off the couch, which is literally where I spent like my entire day...I hope to never feel like that again! My body must be into ketosis now, because I woke up thismorning without a headache, and had a WICKED chest workout! My meals are all spot on, and if I follow through with my macros outlined for today, I'll be right on the money with those too.

How was your long carbup weekend? Give me the details man..I want to hear about all the delicious delectable carbohydrates!

And have you tried melatonin? I think you should really look into it. They sell it here on BB.com, but you can get it at your local drug store, or your local supermarket, and I'm pretty sure you don't need it over-the-counter.

Haha my carb up weekend was pretty much nothing short of amazing. Check out my log for details. Suprisingly I only put on like 3lbs I was prepared for a 8lb water weight jump haha
    BTK - Work. Hustle. Kill.

5/3/1 Winter Bulk - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137721563

PB's
    Bench: 240x5
    Squat: 285x3
    Deadlift: 405x2

billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know I missed yesterday's log, but I've been terribly busy getting ready for school in the fall (moving half way across the country, but so excited!) and work has been a little bit intense. My diet has still been spot on, and so has my training, but I haven't gotten around to posting.

So I'm fully in Ketosis after my weekend from hell, but now I'm deciding that I don't understand why I'm dieting anymore. The effort required to further my physique (lowering my bf%) would be exponentially more than I think it's worth at this point. I'm very happy at 7-8% bodyfat. Being natural, I kind of doubt it would really be healthy to live/train at a lower bf% than that for too long. If I ever diet for a show, or to cut again, keto will definatly be the first thing I turn to! But aside from that, I'm finding that I haven't had enough balance in my life. For someone who is so far away from competing, I've been taking diet awfully seriously, and can't say I enjoy it all the time.

There's my rant. Thoughts?
    wants moar chicken breasts

AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000) AWD_TURBO is just really nice. (+1000)
    I def agree with your thinking. Now go out and bulk up haha

PB's

Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stray800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know I missed yesterday's log, but I've been terribly busy getting ready for school in the fall (moving half way across the country, but so excited!) and work has been a little bit intense. My diet has still been spot on, and so has my training, but I haven't gotten around to posting.

So I'm fully in Ketosis after my weekend from hell, but now I'm deciding that I don't understand why I'm dieting anymore. The effort required to further my physique (lowering my bf%) would be exponentially more than I think it's worth at this point. I'm very happy at 7-8% bodyfat. Being natural, I kind of doubt it would really be healthy to live/train at a lower bf% than that for too long. If I ever diet for a show, or to cut again, keto will definatly be the first thing I turn to! But aside from that, I'm finding that I haven't had enough balance in my life. For someone who is so far away from competing, I've been taking diet awfully seriously, and can't say I enjoy it all the time.

There's my rant. Thoughts?
    Yeah dude 7-8% is pretty damned good..I'm sitting in my high teens in BF% after a pretty serious bulk.

go bulk man! its way more fun.

billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10) billy. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Haha yeah, that sounds more like what I'm into. I mean, I know now that I can get cut to pretty much my natural potential (I don't mean going low enough to compete, just 6-7%), I feel better about relaxing my sometimes over-intense dieting, and concentrating more on gaining lean muscle. I don't know if I really want to bulk again, at least not the same way I did last time. It was like the least-clean bulk known to man kind. Its like a friggin miracle I didn't go above 15%!

Clean bulk this time. Eat a ton of chicken and rice. And there is some awesome shake recipes for bulking on the main page. shakes consisting of alot of oats, fresh berries, protein powder, fruit and milk all in one, somewhere in the neighborhood of 600+ cals from a shake all from real food.

PB's

Originally Posted by AWD_TURBO View Post
    Clean bulk this time. Eat a ton of chicken and rice. And there is some awesome shake recipes for bulking on the main page. shakes consisting of alot of oats, fresh berries, protein powder, fruit and milk all in one, somewhere in the neighborhood of 600+ cals from a shake all from real food.
    Bro I'm totally with you on that. I'm a FIRM believer in real food, all the time. Whey Isolate is about the only food suppliment I'd ever take, and I only take that once, MAYBE twice a day if I'm travelling or totally rushed. Whether bulking or cutting, whole food is the answer man. I'm not a big believer in totally re-arranging my diet. I always have lots of greens (1-2lbs a day...my parents are so stoked I'm going to college...no more $1000000 grocery bills), sweet potatoes, oats, and brown rice for carbs. The only thing I do when I bulk, is eat before cardio, and increase my sweet potato, oats, and rice intake. People always maket higns too complicated on themselves!

Yeah its a fun lifestyle haha

PB's

Originally Posted by AWD_TURBO View Post
    Yeah its a fun lifestyle haha
    Totally! Haha there are too many variables and options out there! Pretty much why I'm jumping on and off the keto bandwagon the way I am!

shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50) shanedidwhat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, I was gonna ask why you wanted to be around 6%ish. Your not competing and most people say its difficult to maintain. especially as you get older. I'm on my 3rd day now. I imagine by the end of the day my carbs from the weekend should be completely depleted. My energy is alright but the work day is killin me. So u went from 9 to 7/8% then in 2 weeks?

Originally Posted by shanedidwhat View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna ask why you wanted to be around 6%ish. Your not competing and most people say its difficult to maintain. especially as you get older. I'm on my 3rd day now. I imagine by the end of the day my carbs from the weekend should be completely depleted. My energy is alright but the work day is killin me. So u went from 9 to 7/8% then in 2 weeks?
    I really appreciate your support in my decision, like a lot man, so thanks! I was at 6% for a while, but I was so calorie deprived, and my muscles were deprived of glycogen and flat, and I wasn't too happy.

Yeah, sounds like you've got one more day of ****ty energy levels, and oyu should be in ketosis. It took me 4 days until I got into ketosis (I was already really low carb, so I doubt it took as long for me as it does others). The 3rd and 4th days were hell though bro. You're almost there, so stick it out!

Yeah, I'm measuring at 7.2% as of today actually, I saw my trainer at the gym and had her test me. I was at 9% after 2 weeks of vacation where I ate really poorly (I had a box of doughnuts in a single day on two occasions, and drank pretty heavily a couple nights). I felt gross, and thats why I wanted to cut. I guess I got back to 7% a lot quicker than I expected, and don't think I can go any lower and maintain that while maintaining my sanity! So a lot of it was a water drop (the water usually causes a higher bf% reading in both caliper and electrode testing methods), and probably a pound or two of fat. So yeah, the weight came off pretty fast for me! I can safely say though that I won't ever have another 2 weeks like that as long as I live...seriously!

Sorry for the rambling guys..

Firemasta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    howdy hey, i've been reading through this thread and im starting my keto diet tomorrow. im about 20% bf right now how long do you think, if i continued the keto diet, would it take for me to get down to 15% or lower?

Depends on the how strict your keto diet is, the amount of work you do and your body. Im down 16 solid lbs in less then 5 weeks with 2 good carb up with made me fluctuate about 5lbs each time of just water.

PB's

I really appreciate your support in my decision, like a lot man, so thanks! I was at 6% for a while, but I was so calorie deprived, and my muscles were deprived of glycogen and flat, and I wasn't too happy.

Yeah, sounds like you've got one more day of ****ty energy levels, and oyu should be in ketosis. It took me 4 days until I got into ketosis (I was already really low carb, so I doubt it took as long for me as it does others). The 3rd and 4th days were hell though bro. You're almost there, so stick it out!

Yeah, I'm measuring at 7.2% as of today actually, I saw my trainer at the gym and had her test me. I was at 9% after 2 weeks of vacation where I ate really poorly (I had a box of doughnuts in a single day on two occasions, and drank pretty heavily a couple nights). I felt gross, and thats why I wanted to cut. I guess I got back to 7% a lot quicker than I expected, and don't think I can go any lower and maintain that while maintaining my sanity! So a lot of it was a water drop (the water usually causes a higher bf% reading in both caliper and electrode testing methods), and probably a pound or two of fat. So yeah, the weight came off pretty fast for me! I can safely say though that I won't ever have another 2 weeks like that as long as I live...seriously!

Sorry for the rambling guys..
    I really need to get caliper tested. My gym has this like 7000$ impedence machine that I dont really trust.

PB's