Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Im Fasting Too!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, why not, seems like the hot topic this week. I have been on strict keto 3 weeks, but off and on since Jan 08.. As of today, I have lost about 24 LBS, and dropped my BF by about 9%..

Weight- 223 -- after last meal
    BF%--- 22%

Im also quiting smoking, COLD TURKEY, while I do this fast.. I gave it a test run Last week, and went 2 days, smoking 4 cigggggs, but going to stop completely. I will Be aslo riding my stationary bike, 5 minutes for every hour Im home, and I dont leave the house much. Last time I did this, I rode 142 miles in one week, and felt great.. Im going to be doing this till Friday at 3PM, because later that night, I have an All-Star game to attend, and compete in, THEN Sat, starts a City Tourney, were I will be pitching 4--6 games in one day., LLLLLLLLLLLOLLLLLLLLLLL, WTF am I thinking..

I just feel like do this, and getting other health things buttoned up..

Heres some Pics and such.,, Well, I have to go cook the family dinner, I already cant stop thinking of food, LOL..

A test of will power is one the way,

Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000) Knux is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck!
    "But he has discovered it! He discovered the perfect diet! I bet it includes eating a bunch of previously undiscovered plants that are disappearing from the rain forest. Either that or you have to close your eyes and suck all of your food from a hose." - SumDumGoi

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just finished mine... lol...

lasted only 27hr30mins...

but best advice I can give you is drink plenty of water....

best of luck!

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks fellas,

Im 4 liters deep today, So far so good

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rusrious View Post
    Hey, why not, seems like the hot topic this week. I have been on strict keto 3 weeks, but off and on since Jan 08.. As of today, I have lost about 24 LBS, and dropped my BF by about 9%..

Weight- 223 -- after last meal
    BF%--- 22%

Im also quiting smoking, COLD TURKEY, while I do this fast.. I gave it a test run Last week, and went 2 days, smoking 4 cigggggs, but going to stop completely. I will Be aslo riding my stationary bike, 5 minutes for every hour Im home, and I dont leave the house much. Last time I did this, I rode 142 miles in one week, and felt great.. Im going to be doing this till Friday at 3PM, because later that night, I have an All-Star game to attend, and compete in, THEN Sat, starts a City Tourney, were I will be pitching 4--6 games in one day., LLLLLLLLLLLOLLLLLLLLLLL, WTF am I thinking..

I just feel like do this, and getting other health things buttoned up..

Heres some Pics and such.,, Well, I have to go cook the family dinner, I already cant stop thinking of food, LOL..

A test of will power is one the way,

Lol, we have similar weights and weight scales, although I use 'normal' mode instead of 'athlete' mode on my scale to measure bf%... does it make a difference?

Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ouchburns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Korry1 View Post
    Lol, we have similar weights and weight scales, although I use 'normal' mode instead of 'athlete' mode on my scale to measure bf%... does it make a difference?
    I dont understand why there would be modes to measure BF, I mean BF % is BF %, if its an accurate instrument it should be able to tell the difference between lean mass and BF.

p.s. Good luck on the fast man, get yourself some tea to help keep you sane, Yerba Mate is pretty good at supressing the appetite.
    No whey!

( (._)(_.) )
    ( )\___/( )

"Eat, Train, Rinse, Repeat"

"There is no treatment or drug which can overcome or negate the effects of a poor diet, inadequate nutrition, lack of exercise, and an unhealthy lifestyle." David Getoff

Originally Posted by Ouchburns View Post
    I dont understand why there would be modes to measure BF, I mean BF % is BF %, if its an accurate instrument it should be able to tell the difference between lean mass and BF.

p.s. Good luck on the fast man, get yourself some tea to help keep you sane, Yerba Mate is pretty good at supressing the appetite.

I think the scale uses a different calculation to measure water molecules or something like that...

not exactly sure...

Hey OP:

I would stick to LISS (Low Intensity Steady State) Cardio if you want to do some exercise...

I dont think you want to lift heavy or at all during the fast...

I'm doing another one right now..

dont forget... lots of water, and watch out around the 30 hour mark... you might need to run to the restroom, lol...

good luck!

Hey Korry1, thanks for the info Bro. So far, so good. I had to go to bed early last night, because I was craving BAD. And the only thing I wanted was Choc., so bad I could taste it, LOL..

I have a headache pain, but not constant, it just comes and goes, but lasts like 30 seconds. Im sweating more, while not doing anything, a bit aggrivated, and slight anxiety feeling.

21 hours in so far, and Its going to be a long day,

As far as the scale Korry, I picked the Athlete setting, because I feel Im athletic, and do alot of physical activity during the week. The normal setting would be for the office guy that doesnt do anything else but work, and relax, Im guessing. LOL, I know its sounds weird, but thats my take on it.

When I put it on Normal setting, I get a BF% reading of 27%. I also took measurements for another method, and got 21%. It uses your weight, to waist ratio. So, the athlete setting and the weight to waist ratio are just about the same, so Im going with that one.

Hey Korry1, thanks for the info Bro. So far, so good. I had to go to bed early last night, because I was craving BAD. And the only thing I wanted was Choc., so bad I could taste it, LOL..

I have a headache pain, but not constant, it just comes and goes, but lasts like 30 seconds. Im sweating more, while not doing anything, a bit aggrivated, and slight anxiety feeling.

21 hours in so far, and Its going to be a long day,

As far as the scale Korry, I picked the Athlete setting, because I feel Im athletic, and do alot of physical activity during the week. The normal setting would be for the office guy that doesnt do anything else but work, and relax, Im guessing. LOL, I know its sounds weird, but thats my take on it.

When I put it on Normal setting, I get a BF% reading of 27%. I also took measurements for another method, and got 21%. It uses your weight, to waist ratio. So, the athlete setting and the weight to waist ratio are just about the same, so Im going with that one.

Oh ok... thanks for the explanation... I was trying to figure out the whole athlete vs normal setting on that darn thing... lol

WOOHOO, down to 218. I cant remember the last time I saw 220..

Something else I am doing after my 5 minutes bike ride. I have a chin up bar, that is adjusted to 41" in a doorway, and I do 30 pushoffs on it. Slow and concentrated. I also wear a fat belt all day. This helps me keep my stomach sucked in, while relieveing the tension on the skin fibers around my waist. Might help with the electicity ( SP ) to the skin, HOPEFULLY, LOL..

Other then that, I feel revived right now. Sweating ALOT,

Man, let me also tell you this, I have such and urge and craving to swig down some Olive Oil..
    Last edited by rusrious; 08-06-2008 at 11:18 AM.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Other then that, I feel revived right now. Sweating ALOT,

"December Days" left me the comment: "What does fasting do to your BMR?"

Note that Korry and rusrious having experienced a hallmark of metabolic increase: sweating.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Well, 24 hours down, 14 miles riden. I seem to be drinking about 38oz of water every hour, and at this rate, Im getting 570oz per 15 hours. Is that to much?

Something else I have noticed, I have a spasm, as I type this, in my pectoralis Minor, http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/PectoralisMinor.html , Its constant right now, probably from the pushoffs.

I have lost the desire to eat at this moment, and my mind wanders a bit.

O, I also havent stopped smoking, BUT, I have lost the craving for them. Im in the process of getting all the trays and stuff out of my site. If I think of a smoke, I forget about it as fast as it takes to find them, which is cool.

IM starting to get the drunk feeling Im thinking. So, Im alternating water, bike, Call Of Duty 4, and Brett Favre drama,time is zinging by.

Go Browns

IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IwantSmallAss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    already 24hours, oo well, nice .. so how long for more?

Originally Posted by IwantSmallAss View Post
    already 24hours, oo well, nice .. so how long for more?
    Thanks Bro

3:00PM, Friday

Thanks Bro

3:00PM, Friday

Wow, so your doing the Full Meal Deal of 72 hours...

Well, Im about 3h 45min trailing behind you...

I end it at 6:45pm.... trying to shoot for Friday...

Lets do it Brother, Im feeling pretty darn good. Im mentally on a roll with this now. My wife just got back grocery shoppin, with all my keto foods, Ummmm..

So, her story, she weights 98 LBS, 8 pack and all, so I am making her eat oatmeal and such, to bulk her up, but I have to cook it for her, or she wont eat, LOL.. Seriously.. So I go get the oats, and BAM, there is a box of brownies, AAAAug.. But I fought it, all is good...

Shirt is soaked by the way, sweating like crazy, plus my office is like a sauna, LOL.. Only room not cooled by AC..

28 hours in,

21 miles riden. Im starting to get sick to my stomach riding the bike, so I might go every other hour from here on out, not sure yet.

I WANT OIL

Also, since Im fasting, and my Maintance is about 2800 calories, Would I be burning off a pound of fat a day? Seeing Im riding the bike, which is about 600 calories from that alone, daily.. Which would be about 3400 calories burnt. Am I right about this? Which means I should lose about 3 lb of fat a the end of this fast.
    Last edited by rusrious; 08-06-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Talking

Lets do it Brother, Im feeling pretty darn good. Im mentally on a roll with this now. My wife just got back grocery shoppin, with all my keto foods, Ummmm..

So, her story, she weights 98 LBS, 8 pack and all, so I am making her eat oatmeal and such, to bulk her up, but I have to cook it for her, or she wont eat, LOL.. Seriously.. So I go get the oats, and BAM, there is a box of brownies, AAAAug.. But I fought it, all is good...

Shirt is soaked by the way, sweating like crazy, plus my office is like a sauna, LOL.. Only room not cooled by AC..
    lol, with all that sweating hope hope you drinking lots of water....

lol... seems like torture, everytime I have to open the refrigerator for some water... and seeing all the keto friendly food items...

Im averageing about 35 OZ an hour, no problem. Have a cup of coffee once every 2 hours, water is boring., LOL..

Im averageing about 35 OZ an hour, no problem. Have a cup of coffee once every 2 hours, water is boring., LOL..

yeah man, I hear that...

drinking a cup right now... energy levels are back up

I had taken a 1hr30min nap around 5pm... woke up and felt tired and thirsty... drank some water, felt better, had some coffee and feel great...

cool, keep chippin away.. Im feeling tired right now accually, and will have a cup now.. I just fried my kid up a hotbog, smell is something else.

Well, Im feeling like not doing this anymore, feel very ****tty right now. 31 hours

Thumbs up Dont worry about it... You did 31 hours, that is impressive...

Well, Im feeling like not doing this anymore, feel very ****tty right now. 31 hours
    yeah man, first time I only lasted about 28 hours...

plus you are really pushing yourself with the whole biking for cardio...

Im not lifting while fasting, and if I do, it will be very light intensity while fasting...
    also, the only cardio Im doing is 30 min LISS on treadmill (Basically walking)

I dont think, at this point of my fasting experience, I can generate high enough intensity for lifting heavy / cardio...

I very impressed on what you have managed so far, so congrats!

p.s. If I had your schedule on Friday, I would break my fast on Thursday... (24 hours before your event at a min) <-------- Just my opinion...
    Last edited by Korry1; 08-06-2008 at 07:54 PM.

Hey Korry1, Im done, went 32 hours, 24 miles. Just finished a 8OZ steak, and Brocilli. Im at 218 now, 21% BF.

Im going to continue the biking thou. Med reading Ketone strips, urine clear. I know Mark, they mean nothing, LOL, Just wanted to check anyways..

I feel awesome right now. And seem to be sweating more after I ate.

Im definitly going to use this as a learning experiance..

jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    no thread hijack......but............can i make an mrp shake??

eggs....water..heavy cream...adn a scoop of whey??????? after the 16 hours?? or does it have to be meat or someting similar?

....patiently waits for mark to answer..........ill prob start doing this today...like ...before going to sleep
    Last edited by jrmp; 08-06-2008 at 08:03 PM.

Thumbs up Awesome job!

Hey Korry1, Im done, went 32 hours, 24 miles. Just finished a 8OZ steak, and Brocilli. Im at 218 now, 21% BF.

Im going to continue the biking thou. Med reading Ketone strips, urine clear. I know Mark, they mean nothing, LOL, Just wanted to check anyways..

I feel awesome right now. And seem to be sweating more after I ate.

Im definitly going to use this as a learning experiance..

Your body temperature is going to elevate quickly... I know mine did after had my "Break" fast with steak and eggs (breakfast of champions )

also, a reminder... beware of the bowel movement(s) thats going to come... lol... felt like I took a laxative... so just want to give you a "heads up" that is probably better to stay at home, rather than to go out...

Congratulations.... you did great!

"You must spread some Reputation before giving it to rusrious again"

Reps to you after I spread some reps around...

Thanks Bro, and good luck with your fast.. I was talking to a friend about the Tourney this weekend, its a big deal around here, and I have a good chance in winning it all. And he asked me if I'll be ready by Sat morning, and that got me thinking, I CANT GO OUT FLAT, I have to be on top of my game.

I will see what happens, maybe next week I'll do it again..

Take it easy,

I would aslo like to add, you helped me push thou this fast, Thanks again

mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000) mehdi84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can you give us an update in one week? I'd like to know whether the results from the fast remain.
    Because if it were easy, I wouldn't be interested.

Originally Posted by mehdi84 View Post
    Can you give us an update in one week? I'd like to know whether the results from the fast remain.
    Yeah, No doubt, I'll let ya know in this thread. My goal is 212 by next Wed.