Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    lynalyfe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face How do I stay stage ready for 2 day show?

For my last show, my previous coach had me cut to 1/2 gallon the day before the show, and sipping "as needed" water day of and had me on Hydovax starting 3 days out. I'm no longer working with her, conflict in personality, but now I have NO IDEA what to do for nationals.

A. I don't think I want to limit water so drastically as I think I'm already retaining serious water from my last 2 shows, I did one 6/10 and 7/1. Nationals is 7/28.

B. I don't know what I should be eating day of pre-judging at 1 on Friday until finals at 5 on Saturday. Help please!!

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lynalyfe View Post
    For my last show, my previous coach had me cut to 1/2 gallon the day before the show, and sipping "as needed" water day of and had me on Hydovax starting 3 days out. I'm no longer working with her, conflict in personality, but now I have NO IDEA what to do for nationals.

A. I don't think I want to limit water so drastically as I think I'm already retaining serious water from my last 2 shows, I did one 6/10 and 7/1. Nationals is 7/28.

B. I don't know what I should be eating day of pre-judging at 1 on Friday until finals at 5 on Saturday. Help please!!
    I actually liked slight water loading until day of show. Nothing just, just drinking a bit more. Then day of show I sip.

Food depends on how you look. I like something a bit fatty with a bit of carbs right after prejudging- steak with potato - as rice bloats me. Then back to good old fish and Such until the next late morning/ early afternoon where I carb load a bit.

However, its all dependent on what foods YOU handle and how flat you look. I, nor my clients, do not take any diuretics or anything of any kind personally so I don't have to deal with side effects of that
    Owner of So-B-Fit

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC National Qualified NATURAL FIGURE ATHLETE
    Chasin' that pro card!

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173540641&p=1484090561#post1484090561

lynalyfe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    I actually liked slight water loading until day of show. Nothing just, just drinking a bit more. Then day of show I sip.

Food depends on how you look. I like something a bit fatty with a bit of carbs right after prejudging- steak with potato - as rice bloats me. Then back to good old fish and Such until the next late morning/ early afternoon where I carb load a bit.

However, its all dependent on what foods YOU handle and how flat you look. I, nor my clients, do not take any diuretics or anything of any kind personally so I don't have to deal with side effects of that
    Thank you so much for the info for the food. Right now, I'm flat, carb depleted, and retaining water, I know this because I'm soft in places I'm not normally soft and leaner in places I'm not normally lean. I'll stick with your plan for food, should I just sip water until the next day for the show?

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lynalyfe View Post
    Thank you so much for the info for the food. Right now, I'm flat, carb depleted, and retaining water, I know this because I'm soft in places I'm not normally soft and leaner in places I'm not normally lean. I'll stick with your plan for food, should I just sip water until the next day for the show?
    I personaly would drink a fair amount after prejudging until that night, could do 20oz finals early morning (like no later than 9am) then sip again until after finals. Some asparagus with the fish meals will help to keep the bloat away. You do not want to just sip for the whole thing or you will get into loads of problems after contest honestly (if not by a few hours before the finals)

Carb depletion and bloading can honestly go hand in hand, thats part of the reason why drinking more can help bloating. Body is losing water balance from not having carb stores and is trying to retain balance

Feel free to PM me if you need anything else. I am a coach, but I will freely admit, again, I've never worked with or used diuretics or anything of the sort (I don't know if you do or are planning on using them). And fat burners actually make me retain water.
    Owner of So-B-Fit

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC National Qualified NATURAL FIGURE ATHLETE
    Chasin' that pro card!

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173540641&p=1484090561#post1484090561

TimECC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What division? I wouldn't doubt your body having issues with retention based on this level of stress. Hard to know exactly without more background but you need to try and mitigate some of the stress. I have a MP guy that's also on his third show with short turn arounds. We've dropped cardio at 2 weeks out, and limited other stressors like fat burners all with great result. But as the other poster eluded too sometimes being depleted just makes you look flat and soft, you'll look better after your re-feed. Are you add sea salt to meals ?
    To answer your actual question lol two day shows, at least in my opinion, is about having a game plan, but realizing an adjustment here and there will be necessary