Thread: TKD: The Return

james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

TKD: The Return

Well my initial thoughts were to keep up my 'keto' diet and revamp it to a CKD style. However, I'm going TKD.

A little background information. I'm 21, and last year around October I hit my all time high in weight: 245 lbs. Since that time I've taken the time to reevaluate my life and clean up the mess.

I started eating at a 40/40/20 reduced calorie diet and the pounds started to drop. Lifting as I went along helped. It wasn't my first time lifting, I was into working out a bit in high school. So sadly, I couldn't rely on any quick newbi gains to help along the trip.

Never to less I stumbled across the Keto diet. I started, and now I'm never looking back. Around 3 months ago I got on the Keto-train, and I'm still aboard. However, two and a half months ago I was out for some time with a shoulder injury. Keeping up the Keto diet (not in a CKD form, more of an Atkins approach) and solid cardio, I still kept dropping the pounds.

Today I sit at 179 lbs. But my journey is not over. It has just begun.

Today was my first day of my very own TKD diet. I plan on seeing how calories effect me at first. Seeing if I can keep cutting, recomp, or bulk on a given number of calories. Then, deciding what goal I want to reach first.

On to the diet:

1. 6:00AM
    4 Eggs, 2oz. Cheese, 3 Tbsp. Heavy Cream

2. 11:00AM
    Chicken Breast, Romaine Lettuce, 3 Tbsp. EVOO, 1/4 Cup Almonds

3. 3:30PM [Pre-Workout Meal]
    1/2 Cup Oats, Xtend

(I will be playing with the Pre-Workout meal often, and I'd love suggestions.)

4. 6:00PM [Post-Workout]
    1 Scoop Isopure, Xtend, 15g Dextrose

(I will also play around with the amount of Dextrose PWO, and again please make suggestions.)

5. 7:15PM
    5 Eggs, 2oz. Cheese, 3 Tbsp. Heavy Cream

6. 10:30PM
    2oz. Cheese, 1/4 Cup Almonds

Food Calories: @ 2800
    Breakdown: 71% fats, 2% carbs, 27% protein

(166g protein, let me know where this number should be for a bulk, I'm interested in playing with this number.)

I'm also supplementing with Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil, as well as a Multi-V.

Fish Oil: 7000mg
    Flaxseed Oil: 7000mg

Calories from Oils: 140

Total Calories: @ 2950

james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) james.vs.you has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Workout:

Monday: Chest, Abs, 20 Min. Incline Jog

Tuesday: Shoulders, Squats, 20 Min. Incline Jog

Wednesday: Back, Abs, 20 Min. Inline Jog

Thursday: Biceps, Triceps, 20 Min. Incline Jog

Friday: 1 Hour Inline Jog

Saturday: 1 Hour Incline Jog

Sunday: Rest

Workouts last 50-60 minutes. Then the 20 minute cardio session follows.

Current Supplements:

Fish Oil
    Flaxseed Oil
    Multi-V
    EC Stack
    Xtend
    Isopure

Its F***ing KETO TIME! shrugs or drugs's Avatar
    shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shrugs or drugs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck on your journey. I will follow, as i am curious about TKD
    Cutting Keto, Rippetoes (Date started: 12 jan,09)
    Weight: starting weight 186
    7/28/08 -176 lbs|1/19/09 -176.6|1/24/09 -174.4
    Goal weight: 160-155 lbs
    Goal bodyfat:12%
    ----------------------------------
    Stack:E/C/A -Controlled Labs Green Magnitude - Controlled Labs Orange Triad - Optimum Nutrition 100% whey - Higer Power BCAA 1000 - prima force zma - Ax Mass Fx
    ---------------------
    NOT NOW CHIEF! IM IN THE F***ING ZONE!
    LIGHT WEIGHT BABY! - ronnie

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    1.) take some flaxoil or flaxmeal - about 6-7g worth of fat serving with your oatmeal meal ..

2.) eat a nice steak before your workout oats 1 hour before and eat your oats 1 hour before workout

3.) add some dark green veggies ( spinach/broccoli ) to both your pre and post workout meals ..

4.) chill on the flaxoil and OD on the fishoil - but dont take it within 4 hours of workout time - before and after 4 hour window ..

5.) eat more FATTY beef and always have veggies

6.) sip your xtend during workout not before

P.S. lots of eggs is good - a 1/4 cup of almonds is a tease
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones

With adding in more steak to my diet, how should I go about my calories? Should I increase them when adding the steak, or eliminate some oils and cheese to fit it in?
    Last edited by james.vs.you; 08-05-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Bump ?

Despite MrLovrLovr not answering my calorie intake question there, I've been continuing my TKD adventure.

I added in a small beef snack (mainly a nice fatter burger plain) in about a hour before my pre-wo meal.

One week in the books here and the current weight is at: 177.2lbs

I'm going to tweak around the general days of my diet and post them a bit later. I'm feeling like I might be able to achieve a reasonable recomp using a TKD diet.

Mondays through Thursday will have the calories a bit higher. Along with that will be the pre-wo carb meals.

Friday through Sunday will be complete keto days for far burning. The calories will still float around maintenance (or a slight bit less) and the only carbs I will see are the trace ones from my normal Keto meals.

I'm excited to see if this split week type approach will yield the kind of progression I'm looking for. Since I'm still not around the 10-12% body fat mark, I'm comfortable in losing weight still over these next months. However, looking ahead I hope to be able to see a recomp from this certain TKD approach.

I'm basing this diet on the split feelings of gaining mass but keeping the fat loss at zero, or preferably a negative. We shall see how things land.

I'll repost later with a more in-depth look into each days' calorie run through.

Diet: Workout Days (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs)

Calories: 3300
    Total Fat: 242g
    Total Protein: 183g

Pre-WO Carbs: 40g
    Pos-WO Carbs: 10g

Diet: Cardio Days (Fri, Sat)

Calories: 2750
    Total Fat: 212g
    Total Protein: 165g

Net Carbs: >15g

Diet: Rest Days (Sun)

Calories: 2800
    Total Fat: 227g
    Total Protein: 147g

Net Carbs: >15g

granma lifts more than u! ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!'s Avatar
    ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000) ¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT! is just really nice. (+1000)
    on any diet you should fine tune your calories to match your goals .
    steak is a bit more tricky but all I do is eyeball the cut and see if it is similar enough to online macros that are listed for that cut of meat .
    usually is fairly close using 1 of 3 nutrition info sites

on a bulk not an issue so much , but on a cut - it could be ..
    just lift HEAVY A$$ weights & eat on dat healthy isht . * hellabutt psychology 101 *

I ate 3690 cals today .. 275 fat / 269 protein / 25g carbs ~ 8g fiber

yes my head was hurting from all dem dere ketones