InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10)

George Foreman grill - makes my chicken DRY

How do I use the Foreman grill without getting my meat real dry? All the fat and stuff comes out and in the end my meat is dry.

Is there some special marinade?

Any great recipes?

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    don't cook it for too long, or have the heat too high.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50) NathanTurner will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use the Foreman grill a lot for chicken breast. If you leave it cooking for too long, it will come out extremely dry. For 4oz or so of raw chicken, I believe it says to cook it for 7 minutes. This will leave it tasting like part of a leather boot. I generally let mine cook for 5-6 minutes, cutting it and making sure it's done before I take it out. If it's a bigger piece, you may want to leave it for the full 7 minutes. If you take it out soon enough, it'll be juicy and tender.
    "Everyday, Jesus humbles himself just as He did when He came from His heavenly throne into the Virgin’s womb; everyday He comes to us and lets us see Him in abjection, when He descends from the bosom of the Father into the hands of the priest at the altar." -- St. Francis of Assisi

InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10) InfectedWithBB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NathanTurner View Post
    I use the Foreman grill a lot for chicken breast. If you leave it cooking for too long, it will come out extremely dry. For 4oz or so of raw chicken, I believe it says to cook it for 7 minutes. This will leave it tasting like part of a leather boot. I generally let mine cook for 5-6 minutes, cutting it and making sure it's done before I take it out. If it's a bigger piece, you may want to leave it for the full 7 minutes. If you take it out soon enough, it'll be juicy and tender.
    Yeah, but then the NEXT DAY is will suck b*lls. Do you use it to cook ahead or just when you need your meal?

I think I need to use smaller pieces. When I big breasts, I end up having outer layers overcooked dry and yet there can be blood inside.

Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50) Il_Dago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wrap my chicken in foil in the Foreman. The outside can still be a little dry, but it is a hundred times better than sans foil.
    "You show me someone who got fat eating fruit and I'll show you someone with a deep fryer and too much time on their hands."

Y.K.K.M.M.F.

godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50) godemiche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hopefully you have the adjustable type..

I butterfly my chicken breasts, preheat on the medium setting. Less than 5 minutes and she's tender and juicy

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are overcooking it.

Stuff cooks real fast on the foreman; it can sneak up on you.
    No sir, I don't like it.

mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Line your grill with parchment paper or Reynold's non-stick foil. You'll get moist chicken with no cleanup in the bargain.

sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100) sxgt is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by InfectedWithBB View Post
    How do I use the Foreman grill without getting my meat real dry? All the fat and stuff comes out and in the end my meat is dry.

Is there some special marinade?

Any great recipes?
    I think that is the whole point of this grill.
    Pro7en Protein
    NOW Adam Multi Vit.
    zinc sups.

-Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10) -Michelangelo- is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    try a spray bottle of water with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil (GOOD FAT)

spray it on while you cook........
    are you cooking your meats FORZEN or THAWED???????????? (BIG DIFFERENCE)

and what the hell is your chicken breasts doing with fat in it? or any lean meat for that matter.....
    Last edited by -Michelangelo-; 08-03-2008 at 12:09 AM.

red96camaro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are cooking the chicken too long.

However, I think cooking chicken in a pan is much easier, tastier, and easier to clean up. Give it a try.
    FTP

mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000) mr_moto_civic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by red96camaro View Post

However, I think cooking chicken in a pan is much easier, tastier, and easier to clean up. Give it a try.
    Haha.. you may be right. I'm one of those folks who likes my Foreman, but still thinks it a bit overrated. The Foreman Grill is essentially a glorified hot plate. Heck, I've seen frying pans with deep groves to facilitate fat runoff and put "grill marks" on your meat. Plus you can just wash the damn pan in the sink or dishwasher. One advantage of the Foreman, though, is that it cooks both sides of the meat at the same time. That's pretty neat. Oh, and there's much less smoke!
    Last edited by mr_moto_civic; 08-05-2008 at 02:29 PM.

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by InfectedWithBB View Post
    Yeah, but then the NEXT DAY is will suck b*lls. Do you use it to cook ahead or just when you need your meal?

I think I need to use smaller pieces. When I big breasts, I end up having outer layers overcooked dry and yet there can be blood inside.
    you may be reheating it too long...that will dry it also

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sxgt View Post
    I think that is the whole point of this grill.
    x2

The Foreman Grill is supposed to let fat drip out, right? Well, that's what makes meat moist and juicy in the first place. As was already pointed out, if you want tender, moist chicken, pan cook it.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000) abergirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Spray the chicken with a little bit of nonstick cooking spray or drizzle some EVOO on right before cooking. It traps in the juices. I also like to pound the chicken with a meat mallet, seems to make it a lot more tender.
    eating out? a nutritional guide to popular restaurants and fast food!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2920231

the best ways to prepare your oatmeal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108636081

jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just get a digital thermom..............

perfectly cooked food everytime

or you can get a digital probe w/ timer. you set the temp. that you want, and DING it will alert yo ass before yo chiken gets toast.

or
    just set it... and forget it.

joeblotto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeblotto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeblotto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeblotto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeblotto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeblotto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeblotto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last night I didn't feel like firing up the real grill, so I put some chicken on the Foreman but didn't drop the top down as an experiment. Still not quite as good as a real grill, but a hell of a lot juicier than if I had dropped the top.
    Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned.

jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jakescakes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    use lots of lemon juice/zest

brush with a little melted butter/soy sauce

mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mwolfeass39 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Make sure you use some sort of cooking spray, you are overcooking it as is.

I hate my Foreman. It cooks well and gets the job done but it SUCKS to clean.
    Life is too short to be small.

Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    x2

The Foreman Grill is supposed to let fat drip out, right? Well, that's what makes meat moist and juicy in the first place. As was already pointed out, if you want tender, moist chicken, pan cook it.
    Fat is not what makes chicken breast moist. The only reason why a foreman makes chicken dry is because it is so easy to overcook the hell out of it.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Fat is not what makes chicken breast moist. The only reason why a foreman makes chicken dry is because it is so easy to overcook the hell out of it.
    Thus cooking the fat out of it. What makes it moist, the solution injected into it? If so, buy organic, non-injected from a small farm.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Thus cooking the fat out of it. What makes it moist, the solution injected into it? If so, buy organic, non-injected from a small farm.
    There isn't any fat to be cooked out. Cook a fully trimmed skinless boneless chicken breast in a dry nonstick pan. Cook the holy crap out of it- see how dry it is. Then look in the pan and see how much fat came out. ZERO, for all intents and purposes.

What makes it moist is water. You know how chicken steams and sizzles as it cooks? That's water being vaporized.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    There isn't any fat to be cooked out. Cook a fully trimmed skinless boneless chicken breast in a dry nonstick pan. Cook the holy crap out of it- see how dry it is. Then look in the pan and see how much fat came out. ZERO, for all intents and purposes.

What makes it moist is water. You know how chicken steams and sizzles as it cooks? That's water being vaporized.
    I know there isn't enough fat in a skinless breast to make a difference. I honestly don't know what I was thinking...maybe that I thought it wasn't a skinless breast.

Coming back to this later, I'm thinking about how I keep my skinless breasts moist, and I realize there's no way I use other than larding or some similar technique.

Oops.

Also, taxation is theft.