Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weddings....

Lettin my inner child out SeaJules's Avatar
    SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Swarovski View Post
    Yeah! British weddings are insanely expensive, money goes a loooooong way in India. I want to keep my heritage and my culture, I just hope I find a husband who will be understanding about that!
    Do they still do arranged marriages in India?
    Just stay motivated man, you've got a whole team here rooting for you!- Tikibeast

I'm a work in progress. Be patient.

Arachibutyrophobia is Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swarovski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They do them all over the world hun, in every country and religion. But yeah its a long lived tradition, one that if the right suitor is found, I would definately follow. But if I fall in love before that happens then I don't have to follow it.

My mother and father had an arranged marriage and they said that it was love at first sight for them, and they're happily married for 24 years.

Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd like to ask that people keep their opinions on marriage out of this thread.

If you want to talk about the institution, feel free to make a separate thread about it. I am specifically interested in how the union is celebrated.

Thanks.

Swarovski, I absolutely love saris, and I'm sure yours will be even 100 times prettier than the one you posted. I have quite a few close friends who are Pakistani, and most of them are married. I've seen a ton of photos from the ceremonies, and they always look like so much fun. Tons of color, beautiful clothes, incredibly full of life, relatives from all over.

Also I'm sure the food is amazing. Indian and Pakistani cuisines are my favorite.

Lettin my inner child out SeaJules's Avatar
    SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000) SeaJules is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ah sorry. I was just curious.
    Just stay motivated man, you've got a whole team here rooting for you!- Tikibeast

I'm a work in progress. Be patient.

Arachibutyrophobia is Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jsmircich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I never planned my wedding when I was younger. My husband and I are both very laid back people so our plans started off very simply: Tent, beach, great food and a crazy party with our family and friends. Our biggest desire was just to have our family and friends there, it could have been held in a backyard and it wouldn't have bothered us. BUT -- it didn't quite happen that way . We are both the oldest children and are families are pretty religious so we compomised and you know what -- it turned out much better than we could have planned. We had a much more formal service (full Catholic Mass) and we held the reception at a hotel on the beach, which meant ocean view and AC (a Labor Day wedding - 87 degrees - much better idea). We chose almost all of our own music and of the 175 guests we had about 130 on the dance floor most of the night. We had a battle of the states - he's from NY and I'm from MA (and our DJ was an insane Boston sports fan.) Thank God the Yankees weren't in town until the following weekend!! It turned out great and everyone had a great time and we couldn't have asked for anything more. It will be four years next month and things are still going great.
    "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal, nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas Jefferson

JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000) JAWS22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Me and my mommy said I am going to have a winter wedding in the snow .

Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tishalicious is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If ever I had to do another wedding (mine seems to have stuck for 15 years now and so I'm not planning another)...

I'd throw off the traditions and expectations - turn the whole thing into a party, prob on a beach in Samoa, and anyone who wants can come with a nice big hangi-feast. Less ceremony if any, more being with friends and family.
    I'm Buddha-sized and full of wisdom... and fat.
    ~
    Proud member of "Thick Chicks"
    ~
    Status: Wrist back in action - starting weights again tomorrow morning (light - don't want to re-injure!). On an IBS-friendly diet which is resulting in less sick days, and weight dropping (fricken YAY!)

Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Txagentorange is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this thread scares me

*leaves...quickly...*
    THAT WAS HEAVY!

Esse quam videri - To be, rather than to appear

"Reroute to Remain, your ability to adapt makes all the difference."

I rep back, 500+

Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tootella is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dimepiece View Post
    idk but def BEACH WEDDING
    Yes!!! Beach Wedding FTW!!!! I just got married last month on the beach. My hubby and I went to Hawaii (Lana'i) and got married on the beach at sunrise.

The hotel that were staying at organized the flowers, photographer, officiant, and romantic dinner.... leaving me with absolutely nothing to deal with or worry about.

Hubby had a white seersucker striped suit, and I had a simple halter dress (price $60) and some really cute simple white sandals.

There was no family or friends there, it was just the two of us. We spent the rest of the day exploring the island, chilling on the beach, and having a great time.

The sky was so amazing in the morning. There were stripes of pinks and blues in the sky, and it was cool and breezy. Simply beautiful.

It was so simple and special. The officiant performed a non-denominational christian service, and then followed it up with hawaiian chants and blessings.

Seriously, I can't imagine a wedding where I would feel stressed and psychotic all day. It was romantic and stress-free.

Originally Posted by SeaJules View Post
    Do they still do arranged marriages in India?
    Yes, my best friend is from India and is married through arranged marriage, and you would be surprised how well it works most of the time.