Jake2458 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bicep/Tricep workout for mass

People have been telling me I should bulk up a little on the arms, could someone throw me some good exercie's for this.

I was told for the Bi, barbell curls, incline curls and hammer curls. Anything else? But got told to do 5x5, which seems incorect, since that's not adding mass, just strength.
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. - Arnold

aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jake2458 View Post
    People have been telling me I should bulk up a little on the arms, could someone throw me some good exercie's for this.

I was told for the Bi, barbell curls, incline curls and hammer curls. Anything else? But got told to do 5x5, which seems incorect, since that's not adding mass, just strength.
    Bi's
    Preacher Curl Standing 3 sets X reps depending on weight
    Preacher Curl Sitting 3 Sets X reps
    Alternating DB Curl sitting back on flat surface 3 Sets X weight
    Hammer curls 3 Sets X reps
    Maybe add some Isolation curls

Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jbert112 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jake2458 View Post

5X5 would not add only strength. in fact, you would probably gain a good amount of mass doing it.

don't think that the rep ranges are set in stone. under 6 is generally associated with strength, and 6 and over is mass. but hypertrophy is hypertrophy. and 5x5 is a proven, effective routine for both strength and mass.

that being said you need to incorporate the main movements in to your arms routine. i would recommend.

Close Grip Bench Press
    Weighted Dips
    SkullCrushers
    Overhead Ext.'s

For Bis, all curls will do, keep the form pretty tight, and find the rep range that works best for you. When you find something that works, don't change it until the results stop. Good luck.

aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aggieman122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jbert112 View Post
    For Bis, all curls will do, keep the form pretty tight, and find the rep range that works best for you. When you find something that works, don't change it until the results stop. Good luck.
    Very good point i forgot, keep good form on biceps

NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NicktheStick is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hit the triceps hard, skullcrushers, close grip bench, dips....they make up the majority of the mass in the arm...as for the biceps, barbell curls, preachers, hammers...try to limit the number of sets you do per week...you don't need to do 20+ sets a week for your biceps or triceps...12-14 sets/week will probably be enough, so long as you're working hard each set.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try smith CGBP and weighted dips, trying to stay straight.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HITMAN77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aggieman122 View Post
    Bi's
    Preacher Curl Standing 3 sets X reps depending on weight
    Preacher Curl Sitting 3 Sets X reps
    Alternating DB Curl sitting back on flat surface 3 Sets X weight
    Hammer curls 3 Sets X reps
    Maybe add some Isolation curls
    These sound like some very good exercises. Whats some good tris exercises?