DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10)

NASM Certification how long?

An average how long did it take you to complete the test to get certified? Are there only scheduled days for the exam?

Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arte_Suave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check the NASM website. I recently bought the text over at Amazon so I can go at my own pace. If you buy from the NASM website, you have to buy the exam with it, and then take the test within 3months of the purchase. Exams are scheduled to certain dates depending on a testing center near you. Good luck.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would recommend getting the CD Roms as well. It's like being at a live lecture with overhead projector stills and stuff. But it's even better because you can pause and rewind!
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

dschwartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dschwartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dschwartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dschwartz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you mean literally how long it took from the start to the finish of the exam? For whats its worth it took me about 25-30 minutes.

Registered User clarkhillfitnes's Avatar
    clarkhillfitnes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My advice on studying for the NASM test or any test for that matter is to read the book cover to cover in it's entirety about 9 times. No joke, it works. Forget about the flashcards or the little workbooks. That stuff is just for recall and most of it isn't even on the tests. Everything you neeed to know is in the textbook.

www.clarkhillfitness.com

DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoWork is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I mean from the time you got the material to the time when you passed the test. Thanks

MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MT1979 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's easy. Only about 5 chapters of the whole book are on the test. I never opened the cd roms or flashcards. From when I got the materials to when I took the test was about two weeks. Test took 30-45 min.
    www.bodysolutionskc.com

RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RePz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Arte_Suave View Post
    Check the NASM website. I recently bought the text over at Amazon so I can go at my own pace. If you buy from the NASM website, you have to buy the exam with it, and then take the test within 3months of the purchase. Exams are scheduled to certain dates depending on a testing center near you. Good luck.
    I was just about to post about this... i was looking at barnes and noble and i found the textbook to NASM. A few minutes before i was looking for potential certifications in training, i was surprised at the huge prices for the study material... But on barnes and noble the actual textbook is only 50 bucks.

So i can buy the textbook only and be ready enough to take the exam?

mrsdavid1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It took me nine weeks from the day I signed up and purchased the class... until I took the exam. The best help for the current ( edition 5) I can tell you is to read the entire book .. just read it. Don't obsess. Then go through again .. and then get the pocket prep app. BUY the upgrade. Requiz. And re quiz. And go back into the book and go OVER AND OVER the things you missed. That's what worked for me. When I took the exam it took about 25 minutes or so and it was WAYY easier than I had let myself believe before I took it. Good luck to all who are reading this. OH and YouTube if you are a visual learner.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mrsdavid1975 View Post
    It took me nine weeks from the day I signed up and purchased the class... until I took the exam. The best help for the current ( edition 5) I can tell you is to read the entire book .. just read it. Don't obsess. Then go through again .. and then get the pocket prep app. BUY the upgrade. Requiz. And re quiz. And go back into the book and go OVER AND OVER the things you missed. That's what worked for me. When I took the exam it took about 25 minutes or so and it was WAYY easier than I had let myself believe before I took it. Good luck to all who are reading this. OH and YouTube if you are a visual learner.
    9 weeks to take the exam.... but 9 years to reply to post
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Ironlife1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm wanting to do this but have a full time job. How many hours a week did you dedicate to be able to complete in 9 weeks?

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife1 View Post
    I'm wanting to do this but have a full time job. How many hours a week did you dedicate to be able to complete in 9 weeks?
    Irrelevant. If you are committed to it, you will do whatever it takes to be successful. What someone else did and how he/she did it should have no bearing on you whatsoever.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Alfredopumas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the tips, I was really taking my time with notes and writing all the definitions I saw hoping to memorize as much as I could. It was taking me forever though I am very glad I saw this post!

TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TrainBetter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I thought about one chapter per week was decent. There were a couple chapters I was told to focus more on because they contained a large percentage of test questions. Definitely the chapter on checking for imbalances and understanding what muscles were worked in which movements. Another was anatomy.

I took my test back in 2012 so it's been a while...

jraypd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just bought the course

I just purchased the Guided Study for NASM. Do I have to complete the modules or can I read my book and take my own notes before taking the exam??