Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Metamucil on Keto?

Just wanted to know what my fellow Ketoers thoughts are on Metamucil?

If your unaware, Metamucil is a form of psyllium husk powder. On the front it labels "no chemical stimulants, gluten free" and the ingredients are as follows:

Psyllium Husk powder, Sucrose. Each 7g provides less than 5mg Sodium. Each 7g dose contains 3.4g psyllium husk (2.4 grams soluble fibre)

Sounds ok on Keto?

Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sucrose? That's table sugar. Can't you get a fiber supplement without sugar?

Unprocessed wheat bran has 12 grams of fiber per half cup, and only 7 grams of net carbs.
    You cannot make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position you can make a crowd of men.
    -Max Beerbohm

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can get plain psyllium husk, just look around at some health food stores or even ebay.
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Are you having regularity issues?

A diet of steak and eggs should correct this. These two are very easily adjustable. Very soft foods.

Ground meats, processed meats, and chicken can back some people up.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) taf1968 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jim K View Post
    Just wanted to know what my fellow Ketoers thoughts are on Metamucil?

If your unaware, Metamucil is a form of psyllium husk powder. On the front it labels "no chemical stimulants, gluten free" and the ingredients are as follows:

Psyllium Husk powder, Sucrose. Each 7g provides less than 5mg Sodium. Each 7g dose contains 3.4g psyllium husk (2.4 grams soluble fibre)

Sounds ok on Keto?
    I use the sugar free orange Metamucil . . . it's fine on keto, IMHO.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

**Distal Bicep Rupture Crew (Feb 2013)** -- recovery log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151942933
    **Extreme Dips Crew** - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136113651

Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just take the sugar free metamucil, or equate (wal-mart) sugar free fiber.
    don't take it with fats, it might absorb them.
    i wish we could have avatars.

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Frankiexq View Post
    just take the sugar free metamucil, or equate (wal-mart) sugar free fiber.
    don't take it with fats, it might absorb them.

Yeah, I am taking the walmart brand...

works very well...

however, need to incorporate more green veggies in my diet... (broccoli, celery, etc...)

joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RU4A69 View Post

A diet of steak and eggs should correct this. These two are very easily adjustable. Very soft foods.

RU4A69, do you have a theory to why that is?

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by joejoebaggins View Post
    RU4A69, do you have a theory to why that is?
    Yes. Eggs are very easily digested, and have the highest amino acid bioavailability of any food. Think of their consistency: they are like thick water when you crack them open. Easy to digest.

Red meat is mammal flesh. It's speculated that this is digested more easily because we too are mammals. Ground meat is a no go because the grinding process takes the insignificant amount of bacteria that me be on the surface of the meat and spreads it throughout the whole of the meat, where it quickly multiplies. It also cannot retain freshness well this way because more surface area of the meat is exposed. This is what gives ground meat it's "off" taste. This applies to processed meats.

Chicken, or any poultry, is relatively tough meat, and usually fairly dry (except duck).
    Last edited by RU4A69; 07-25-2008 at 07:18 PM.

joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joejoebaggins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes. Eggs are very easily digested, and have the highest amino acid bioavailability of any food. Think of their consistency: they are like thick water when you crack them open. Easy to digest.

Red meat is mammal flesh. It's speculated that this is digested more easily because we too are mammals. Ground meat is a no go because the grinding process takes the insignificant amount of bacteria that me be on the surface of the meat and spreads it throughout the whole of the meat, where it quickly multiplies. It also cannot retain freshness well this way because more surface area of the meat is exposed. This is what gives ground meat it's "off" taste. This applies to processed meats.

Chicken, or any poultry, is relatively tough meat, and usually fairly dry (except duck).
    Thank you sir, good post.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)

Huh? Totally nutty.

Its fiber that helps regularity. Low-fiber foods cause constipation.
    You say to eat steak but not ground meats for regularity?!?!
    Yes eggs are easily digested. They are a complete protein, but no more so than other complete proteins.

But this has nothing to do with regularity.

You posts in this thread are nonsense.
    Last edited by GregT; 07-25-2008 at 11:24 PM.

Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    Huh? Totally nutty.

Its fiber that helps regularity. Low-fiber foods cause constipation.

This is a popular myth that General Mills would love to keep alive.

Cellulose is digested by herbivores but not by humans. Humans can extract no nourishment from cellulose: we lack the proper enzymes to break it down.

Good sources of cellulose are tree bark, cardboard, paper, and vegetables.

When you eat lots of fiber, you will **** a lot. The only reason this is, is because you're passing all of that indigestible matter through your system.

When you eat a low fiber/low carb diet, you will go less frequently simply because fats/proteins have an assimilation rate of about 98%. Nearly everything you eat is utilized or stored. This going less frequently is much different than "constipation," which implies that one is "backed up."

Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jim K is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thats funny about the topic of conversation, because I wasn't regularly droppin' stools, then I had 3 pancakes in one day with this metamucil and I dropped 2 that day. The next day I had another pancake with egg and metamucil, and I dropped another bomb about 30 minutes later, so yeah this stuff is good for regularity of digestion.

HOWEVER.....I am really, really dissapointed about the sucrose....Im wondering if it has knocked me out, or will stop me from entering ketosis....I bought the all natural one thinking the flavored ones would be the ones with added stuff, im so frustrated right now..

BTW my weight is up to about 178 (never in my life been this big), and the last 3 days all I've had is egg and metamucil pancakes and my calories are really restricted, I have 3-4 pancakes and thats it, for about the last 3 days......any thoughts?

Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiexq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a diet high in fat actually contributes to regularity. coconut oil everyday helps me poo.
    i wish we could have avatars.

Originally Posted by Frankiexq View Post
    a diet high in fat actually contributes to regularity. coconut oil everyday helps me poo.
    coconut oil hey?

Yeah, I have a shot or two of peanut oil everyday...

Wasn't their an old wifes remedy of drinking olive oil to help clear your system?

Anyway, I got back from the pharmacy and I bought some other fiber source:

This one is 100% wheat dextrin....says it has .3g of carbs but 3.0g of fiber...that make sense?

I might just use it as a post workout thing maybe? Your thoughts?

Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100) Lifesci is not very well liked. (-100)

Exclamation

This is a popular myth that General Mills would love to keep alive.

Cellulose is digested by herbivores but not by humans. Humans can extract no nourishment from cellulose: we lack the proper enzymes to break it down.

Good sources of cellulose are tree bark, cardboard, paper, and vegetables.

When you eat lots of fiber, you will **** a lot. The only reason this is, is because you're passing all of that indigestible matter through your system.

When you eat a low fiber/low carb diet, you will go less frequently simply because fats/proteins have an assimilation rate of about 98%. Nearly everything you eat is utilized or stored. This going less frequently is much different than "constipation," which implies that one is "backed up."
    That's the point of eating cellulose, so it isn't digested. Its hydrophilic and hygroscopic, absorbs water from intestines to make stools softer, move stools faster, thus decreasing constipation. Maybe you don't know what constipation is; constipation is the inability to efficiently move stool.
    Metamucil (Psyllium husk) is not cellulose; it's a type of fiber with more potency than cellulose in moving and softening stools. It's similar in effect but lower in potency to bile acid sequestrants.

That 98% assimilation rate drops quickly depending on the protein/fat diet and the amount eaten. Any food eaten has a certain number of minutes to hours to be digested by a limited number of enzymes. Parietal cells' and pancreatic secretions of enzymes are not infinite per minute. Anything excess of what the enzymes can handle is passed off as stool. Anything not digested in a certain amount of time becomes stool, regardless of whether its protein, fat, or carb/fiber. Red meat is actually more taxing on pancreatic secretions than most other foods because it is more protein dense, and is a major cause of constipation especially in people who consume inadequate fiber and water.