Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rep Power.

Registered User Daniel Umberger's Avatar
    Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Daniel Umberger is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Rep Power.

I'm still new too this whole posting forums, so I was just wondering what is the deal with rep power? And can anyone see if I have any, if I have any?

TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTruth08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't get it either.

jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000) jp1390 is just really nice. (+1000)
    once you have over 50 posts you're rep power can go over 0.

check your user cp to see who's repped or negged you.

grey reps are when the person who repped you had 0 reps.

when you rep someone, the rep power they receive is your rep power, (beside green blocks) divided by 1000.

when you neg someone, the neg power they receive is your rep power, (beside green blocks) divided by 2000.

headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Vorst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jp1390 View Post
    Electrical Engineering brah.
    Aait , i'm an Electrical Engineer too ... or at least that's what i'm planning to become. I'm still a student at a technical university in Eindhoven, Netherlands

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vorst View Post
    Aait , i'm an Electrical Engineer too ... or at least that's what i'm planning to become. I'm still a student at a technical university in Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Strong bump.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

head9222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) head9222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks still don't think I get it but maybe posting this will help

OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10) OliverPranks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by headhuntr View Post
    Rep power explained:

Cheers!
    Thanks!
    #GoHardOrGoHome #EctomorphsForNowOnly #TimeToChange #StartingStrength

~Currently on Starting Strength. 3rd week(Phase 1) ( Can't wait for Phase 2 to learn Power Cleans :D )

Squats - From 20kg to 45kg(99lbs) 3x5. - 09 November 2013
    BP - From 20kg to 35kg(77lbs) 3x5. - 07 November 2013
    DLs - From 22.5kg to 60kg(132lbs) 1x5. - 09 November 2013
    OHP - From 20kg to 25kg(55lbs) 3x5. - 09 November 2013

Not a lot but I am moving up the mountain step by step every workout.

Chuckalakala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chuckalakala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chuckalakala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chuckalakala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chuckalakala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chuckalakala has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Daniel Umberger View Post
    I'm still new too this whole posting forums, so I was just wondering what is the deal with rep power? And can anyone see if I have any, if I have any?
    Rep power is stupid this one guy gave me -2000 for posting in an old thread... I didn't even realise it too :\

IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Chuckalakala View Post
    Rep power is stupid this one guy gave me -2000 for posting in an old thread... I didn't even realise it too :\
    You always have to be on the lookout for negs hiding in the shadows.. It could be anything from posting in a dead thread to acting like a "beta *******" to writing beta ******* with ironic citation marks.. The negs lure around every corner in the bb forum. Beware...

Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gingerbaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why should it matter if you post in an old thread? If the information is still relevant I don't see the issue...? Better to build on what's already on here than to start a whole new thread IMO.

IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IcemanIsDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Gingerbaby View Post
    Why should it matter if you post in an old thread? If the information is still relevant I don't see the issue...? Better to build on what's already on here than to start a whole new thread IMO.
    What you did there, I saw it.
    No hate on the mod

*Misc music crew*
    *Powerbuilding crew*

starting weight: 110 lbs
    1 year progress: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161533243

ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShaunJames90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From what I can see your rep power says 19. You have to post over 50 posts I think before you start getting rep. And each time you post or reply or something your rep goes up. I think anyway... I'm new to this site, but just from what I have read.
    Originally Posted by Daniel Umberger View Post

Originally Posted by ShaunJames90 View Post
    From what I can see your rep power says 19. You have to post over 50 posts I think before you start getting rep. And each time you post or reply or something your rep goes up. I think anyway... I'm new to this site, but just from what I have read.
    Not really.

You have to have 50 posts for your rep power to count, and you recieve reps from other people not based on your post count but based on how many people decide to give you reps.

Generally positive reputation points (green) is given to good posters whereas negative reputation points (red) is given to bad posters. Until you have 50 posts your reps will not count and they will be grey, once you reach 50 posts you can give positive or negative reputation points, also known as "reps" and "negs".

The way reputation is added is like this: if I give reps to you, my rep power (which is about 6000) will be divided by 1000 and then added to your rep power, So if I rep you your rep power would be 6 once you get to 50 posts

Negs deduct points from the recipient, and the way reputation is deducted is like this: If I give negs to you my rep power is divided by 2 and then divided by 1000, since negs deduct rep power from the recipient they have been constructed in a way that makes negs have less impact

Example: your rep power is 10, I rep you, your rep power becomes 16.
    If I was to neg you when your rep power is 10 your rep power would become 7.

I hope that cleared some stuff up, if you have any questions feel free to ask me
    No hate on the mod

*Misc music crew*
    *Powerbuilding crew*

starting weight: 110 lbs
    1 year progress: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161533243

maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This was helpful

maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxxmike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jp1390 View Post
    once you have over 50 posts you're rep power can go over 0.

check your user cp to see who's repped or negged you.

grey reps are when the person who repped you had 0 reps.

when you rep someone, the rep power they receive is your rep power, (beside green blocks) divided by 1000.

when you neg someone, the neg power they receive is your rep power, (beside green blocks) divided by 2000.
    That helped a lot

determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500) determin8er is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So ok gonna have to start learning more about this stuff here.

DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Obvious secret neutral Rep trade thread.
    Retired From The Misc
    *07-22-2014 08:17 AM*
    "I have a dream that posters will one day post on a misc where they will not be judged by the color of their bars but by the content of their posts."
    - Martin Luther King

Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Chuckalakala View Post
    Yeah one guy did that to me as well then another guy marked mine as spam even though i entered an open and active contest. there are people out here trying to damage other reps and opportunities for their own personal amusement. i wish they would clean that up a bit and make them give a good reason why your giving a negative rep
    -#TeamBramble #GetFitOrDie

Follow my Ongoing Physique Quest:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166876461

Instagram: The_Machine_JB

callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) callit is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    All I know is that if you have a lot of red bars it means people hate you.... like a lot.....

BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000) BrahmaDeej is just really nice. (+1000)
    ques to 40

mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mentalist72 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jdot5 View Post
    Yeah one guy did that to me as well then another guy marked mine as spam even though i entered an open and active contest. there are people out here trying to damage other reps and opportunities for their own personal amusement. i wish they would clean that up a bit and make them give a good reason why your giving a negative rep
    Negged.

nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nomes13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by callit View Post
    All I know is that if you have a lot of red bars it means people hate you.... like a lot.....
    Haha that's sad...

akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) akki21 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by IcemanIsDead View Post
    Not really.

You have to have 50 posts for your rep power to count, and you recieve reps from other people not based on your post count but based on how many people decide to give you reps.

Generally positive reputation points (green) is given to good posters whereas negative reputation points (red) is given to bad posters. Until you have 50 posts your reps will not count and they will be grey, once you reach 50 posts you can give positive or negative reputation points, also known as "reps" and "negs".

The way reputation is added is like this: if I give reps to you, my rep power (which is about 6000) will be divided by 1000 and then added to your rep power, So if I rep you your rep power would be 6 once you get to 50 posts

Negs deduct points from the recipient, and the way reputation is deducted is like this: If I give negs to you my rep power is divided by 2 and then divided by 1000, since negs deduct rep power from the recipient they have been constructed in a way that makes negs have less impact

Example: your rep power is 10, I rep you, your rep power becomes 16.
    If I was to neg you when your rep power is 10 your rep power would become 7.

I hope that cleared some stuff up, if you have any questions feel free to ask me
    This helped a Lot , it should be a sticky,
    just one question ,
    when I go to my Cp and see someone repped me how to rep them back?
    i usually go back to that post, find them their and rep but sometimes they are not even in the post .

Plz dnt neg me for posting in old thread.

Finbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Finbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Finbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Finbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Finbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Finbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Finbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Finbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Finbow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Interesting Bump
    I'll rep you if you can rustle me

Blame it on the sets QuickReflection's Avatar
    QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am assuming you cannot ask for rep.
    https://youtu.be/3xURLvQ0GdU

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=167958293 - for those looking for an established, legit program.

You can always take the weight off again. Then you bulk up again. It's almost like a yo yo diet for an obese person. ~ Squid, the man, the leagend

crackbam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by headhuntr View Post
    Rep power explained:

Cheers!
    nice, that helps.

letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah, I have no idea why my rep power is very negative since I'm new-ish to the forum and have never posted anything negative.

Blame it on the sets QuickReflection's Avatar
    QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a question..

My rep went up by a single point recently.. I checked my rep and haven't received any new reputation. Why did this happen?
    https://youtu.be/3xURLvQ0GdU

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=167958293 - for those looking for an established, legit program.

You can always take the weight off again. Then you bulk up again. It's almost like a yo yo diet for an obese person. ~ Squid, the man, the leagend

anonymous
    Originally Posted by QuickReflection View Post
    I have a question..

My rep went up by a single point recently.. I checked my rep and haven't received any new reputation. Why did this happen?
    There are bonus points for join date anniversaries and post count milestones.