MoMu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Upper inside of pecs..how?

Hello guys,
    Lately i have been trying to "fill-out" all muscle areas and while some parts are working and coming easy other parts are slacking behind...

As for the pecs does anyone know any good exercises to get that full look in the upper interior of the chest? about the area where your color bone meets the bottom of the neck...

i've tried super setting incline dumbell press with flies but still not workin out like i'd hoped.

Hope to hear back.

thanks

Mo

blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blindside is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That area will become more defined once you build a bigger, more muscular chest. Bascially, through consistent training, solid diet, and TIME, it will come.

But, if you want exercises that will "emphasize" that area, incline flies are good, and so are pullovers (for the "inside" area of the chest).

That's my take, at least. Good luck with your training!

PS: If you have body/lifting stats, this helps the responders out.

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Do very steep inclines - 60 to 75 degrees.

Focus on DB's.

Also try steep inclines w/ a barbell but with a grip somewhere between close-grip benching and regular benches.

When you do these, I'd cut back on my overhead presses and focus more on lateral motions for my delts, since steep inclines work front delts as hard as your upper pecs.

Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Muscle shape is genetic. So the use of 'fill-out' should be replaced with 'add mass'. Eg. Guy asking to make the separation in the middle of his chest deeper. There is no exercise that will specifically make that canal look bigger. What you can do is add mass to your chest and drop your body fat lower which will make the separation appear more significant.

When I first started, I also heard of Incline=hide collar bone. But expect the effect you are hoping to achieve to come from the drive and motivation you experience from learning about a possible solution for your problem rather than there actually being an movement based solution.

Add mass to your traps, chest and front delt while dropping your bodyfat will 'fill-out' that area.

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    id always steered clear of high incline work, preferring about 20 or so degrees. Well, I gave hi inclines a try just because i was experimenting w/ finding more efficient workout schemes (high incline might mean chest and shoulder work in one exercise). I was SHOCKED at how quickly it added mass to my upper chest. I used to go flat in my upper chest, w/ no line across the top (near clavicles) whenever I'd hit a front double bicep. It looks a LOT better now. This coming from someone who'd already been training from the age of 15 to present - 42 yrs of age. So surely a newer, younger trainee will see results. Give it a try for 1 mth.

Try alternating these 4 workouts:

High Incline DB Press 8 x 5-15

Flat Bench Flyes 8 x 6-12

High Incline BB BP (medium-close grip) 8 x 5-15

20-30 Degree Incline Flyes 5 x 8-12
    supersetted w/
    High Incline DB Press 5 x 6-10

If you do delts w/ chest, I would do laterals only, on workouts 1 and 3.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Pairunoyd View Post
    Do very steep inclines - 60 to 75 degrees.

Focus on DB's.

Also try steep inclines w/ a barbell but with a grip somewhere between close-grip benching and regular benches.

When you do these, I'd cut back on my overhead presses and focus more on lateral motions for my delts, since steep inclines work front delts as hard as your upper pecs.

Agreed on DBs bein useful. Though I believe you can use high inclines, followed by inclines that are slightly lower than usual, and then cable crossovers

Like 60 degree incline DB press, then 20-30 degree incline DB Press, then Cable Crossovers.

4 sets each.

or if you do 3 sets each then you can do close-grip flat bench before the cable crossovers.

swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swa513 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    incline DB flyes & incline X-over flyes