Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is P90X right for me?

A buddy of mine gave me a set of the P90X dvd's along with the work out routine. I'm 6'4" & weight about 200 lbs with no muscle. I have skinny limbs & a gutt. I would like to get my self into decent shape. My main goal is to be able to wear a Muscle Shirt out side & not have people look at me weird. I'm not looking to get big but just good enough to be comfortable. I have never worn a muscle shirt or gone shirt less out side of my home in my 29 years & would really like be able to do it some day soon. So any advice would be great!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!

sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by FriGuy View Post
    A buddy of mine gave me a set of the P90X dvd's along with the work out routine. I'm 6'4" & weight about 200 lbs with no muscle. I have skinny limbs & a gutt. I would like to get my self into decent shape. My main goal is to be able to wear a Muscle Shirt out side & not have people look at me weird. I'm not looking to get big but just good enough to be comfortable. I have never worn a muscle shirt or gone shirt less out side of my home in my 29 years & would really like be able to do it some day soon. So any advice would be great!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!
    If adding muscle is your goal you will likely do better on a different program. I've never done p90x, but I have looked through the videos (thought about doing it on a cut). And while it looks like a real ass kicker met-con type workout, it is not going to pack on muscle or add much strength.

Do you have access to a gym? Or at-home only?

FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FriGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have access to a gym if I needed it. What would you recomend?

sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sstroh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Same thing that everybody else here (well, most) will recommend. If you are skinny, and new to weightlifting, there is no better program than starting strength.

Read up here: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki

The accompanying books are also an excellent investment. The Starting strength book is primarily focused on teaching you the lifts. Practical programming is also a good read, although it will become more useful as you move on into advanced-novice -> intermediate stage.

Both are available here: http://www.aasgaardco.com/store/store.php?crn=199

There's another FAQ here, but the wiki is better: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

There is a thread here where you can ask questions regarding the program or your form, etc. Available here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=108535881

That should keep you busy for a while

Thanks for the info!!! Can't I just do less reps with heavier weights with the P90X program for now? I want to lose this belly fat first & get into shape. Then I can start to hit the gym. Will some thing like this work???

At 6'4" how much belly fat could you possibly have?

Look, the programs are very different and will achieve different goals. You said you wanted to look good in a muscle shirt, which requires... muscles. That is why I recommended SS.

You just need to decide what your goals are. If you want to get bigger and stronger, do SS. If you want to lean up and get more defined, do p90x.

Please note however that losing weight is much easier when your have some muscle, and getting defined without muscle is referred to as "boney" - and chicks don't dig boney.

If I had a picture of myself it would look like a stick figure that had swallowed a basket ball. You get the idea? I have skinny arms & skinny legs with small man boobs & a gutt. With a shirt on evry thing looks o.k. but when the shirt comes off, well that's an other story. I do understang what you are saying though. Are there any exercises that I can do at home???Thanks!!!

you can do anything in your home, its just a question of how much room and money you have to buy equipment. As I recall all you need for p90x is a chin up bar and some dumbells - that's cheap. To do SS you'd need an olympic barbell set, a power rack and a bench - that's not so cheap.

I'm not real sure what else to say?

Sounds good. Thanks for the help!!! I think I will just hit the gym.

nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey there,

I do p90x myself. and yes its a cutting routine that also builds strength. Yeah its not a huge mass building program like SS, but it will give you some muscle. My suggestion is to do p90x and get rid of the gut and build some muscle at the same time. Then once you are happy with gut being gone you can start putting on some mass using other programs. And yes you can do lower reps for the exercises on p90x that require wieghts - in fact thats what they recommend you to do in the dvd. but you do need some dumbells to do this program.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I would like to lose the fat first while getting toned up then work on putting some mass on. Like I said before, i'm not trying to get big just want to look better than I do right now.

2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You wont get huge by doing starting strength. Starting Strength is exactly what it sounds like -- A strength routine (<6 reps per set, generally lower volume). If you were seeking sheer size, they would be recommending a hypertrophy routine such as HST (6-12 rep range, high volume). You'll get stronger, more toned, and you'll lose the skinny-fat on Starting Strength, assuming you keep your diet straight. It is great for beginners because it is focused around the fundamental compound lifts and muscle imbalance is unlikely. You'll grow everywhere and in proportion.

I think you'll end up with the results you're seeking faster with Starting Strength than P90X. Just keep your diet relatively low in fat and high in calories (~3200 cal is good). You want about 1-1.5g/lb of bodyweight in protein, and about 2.5-3g/lb in carbohydrates. Avoid saturated and trans fats, but don't be afraid of goods fats (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats). Olive oil, fish, nuts, etc are all excellent sources of good fats. You need these fats to achieve these goals and stay healthy, and yes, they'll even help you lose that body fat. This doesn't have to be EXACT, but you should be conscious about what you eat and try to make reasonably balanced meals. Also, the more meals you eat, your body will speed its metabolism up, which is a good thing. Aim for 5-6 small meals per day.

That being said, P90X is good for people who are clueless and can't keep track of their own nutrition and workouts. 70% of the battle in this sport is diet. A crappy routine with an amazing diet will often get you better results than an awesome routine with a **** diet. People usually cant do either, which is why P90X gets decent results (they keep track of both for you). It is nothing revolutionary. It is just something most people aren't used to -- structure. Instead of focusing on nutrition and their routine, people also rely way too much on supplements to "get big quick". Sooner or later they realize that it doesn't work.

P90X is generally focused in the endurance and aerobic ranges (>12 reps). Essentially, this means P90X will lean you out. That "toned" look you're referring to is caused by low bodyfat and a bit of muscle underneath. So yeah, you'll look more "toned", but you'd still likely look like a goofball in a muscle shirt.

If it were easy to get big, everyone would be doing it. It's not. You aren't going to get "too big" by lifting heavy. You have to work at getting big to get big. It just doesn't happen overnight. Besides, even if you think you are too big, just cut it back a little bit and your body will respond.

BTW, you should read up on what muscle tone actually is. It is good to know. It isn't what you think.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_tone

I do p90x myself. and yes its a cutting routine that also builds strength.
    O rly?
    Last edited by 2uantuM; 07-16-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks for the help!!!

nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nsavarirayan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I disagree with this that statement. p90x is a great routine I certainly look much better in a muscle shirt. Try it before you knock it - I doubt you would last two weeks. Its tough as nails and leaves you gasping. you have to push yourself hard.

and friguy is not going to lose the gut by going on a high calorie diet. Ive had my gut for along time and I finally learned how to get rid of it. and its diet and cardio along with weights. p90x is perfect for that. And most people are beginners in some fasion so this at least forces you to do the workouts prescribed.

Originally Posted by nsavarirayan View Post
    I disagree with this that statement. p90x is a great routine I certainly look much better in a muscle shirt. Try it before you knock it - I doubt you would last two weeks. Its tough as nails and leaves you gasping. you have to push yourself hard.
    What exactly is it that you disagree with?

The guy said he was a twig, and wanted to build muscle. p90x is a good program for what it is, but are you honestly arguing that doing ****loads of dumbell curls, chins, kenpo and yoga (and whatever else P90x includes) is going to build anywhere near the strength and muscle that a program based on heavy barbell squats, deadlifts, power cleans, bench and military presses?

And seriously dude, I understand that your proud of yourself for being able to do jumping jacks for an hour a day in front of your TV, and I'm glad that works for you and that you are achieving your goals. But I wouldn't last two weeks on the program? Gimme a break...

2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2uantuM is on a distinguished road. (+10)

and friguy is not going to lose the gut by going on a high calorie diet. Ive had my gut for along time and I finally learned how to get rid of it. and its diet and cardio along with weights. p90x is perfect for that. And most people are beginners in some fasion so this at least forces you to do the workouts prescribed.
    Just because it leaves you gasping doesn't mean its a good mass builder. Sorry.

headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10) headhuntr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm on P90X right now and no it won't build too much muscle mass. It will give you more definition, help you lose a gut if you have one, get you back into shape for any sport or what not, and can even get you pretty ripped. It's a good routine for a cut or just to get back in shape in my opinion. You won't gain much muscle mass from it.

Starting Strength is definitely the way to go if you're looking for muscle, and yes you can lose a gut on it too. Just add in some cardio and have a cutting diet. You won't gain as much muscle mass on a cutting diet, but you'll get results.

It's up to you really, what you would prefer. I'm on P90X now just to get back into shape for sports and what not. I'll be on Starting Strength in September. You can check out my bodyblog for my P90X logs. Also, there are a lot of people following the program on another forum, you can ask your questions there:
    http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-...90x-forum.html

Good luck!

I_Hug_Fat_Kids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sstroh View Post
    What exactly is it that you disagree with?

The guy said he was a twig, and wanted to build muscle. p90x is a good program for what it is, but are you honestly arguing that doing ****loads of dumbell curls, chins, kenpo and yoga (and whatever else P90x includes) is going to build anywhere near the strength and muscle that a program based on heavy barbell squats, deadlifts, power cleans, bench and military presses?

And seriously dude, I understand that your proud of yourself for being able to do jumping jacks for an hour a day in front of your TV, and I'm glad that works for you and that you are achieving your goals. But I wouldn't last two weeks on the program? Gimme a break...
    Hey, i doubt you'll reply to this but its worth a shot. You seem to know what you're talkin about and im getting tired of searching the internet, and i just came upon this thread. Anyways, i was wondering what would be the best workout, in your opinion, to gain mass and strength the fastest. Like an actual routine. Thx

Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Futix76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey there,

I do p90x myself. and yes its a cutting routine that also builds strength. Yeah its not a huge mass building program like SS, but it will give you some muscle. My suggestion is to do p90x and get rid of the gut and build some muscle at the same time. Then once you are happy with gut being gone you can start putting on some mass using other programs. And yes you can do lower reps for the exercises on p90x that require wieghts - in fact thats what they recommend you to do in the dvd. but you do need some dumbells to do this program.
    this is exactly what i was going to suggest... and i'm living proof of that the program works.... i've been in decent shape most of my life but about a year ago i let myself go. I used p90x to get me back into some sort of a routine and shed the unwanted weight. once i finished that i did a 12 week bulk followed by a 9 week cut and look at me 11 months later... night and day.
    Live your dreams, don't dream your life!!!!

CCW Ryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel like for what he's trying to do P90X would be a great program. It would give him a good fitness/strength base that will then carry over into the gym. It will also make him more confident in the gym as far as feeling like he can handle the weight and things like that. I like P90X I go to the gym and am currently using WS4SB III right now and some of the P90 Vids (Stretching, Yoga) mixed in with that.

BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10) BananaHammocks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FriGuy View Post
    Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I would like to lose the fat first while getting toned up then work on putting some mass on. Like I said before, i'm not trying to get big just want to look better than I do right now.
    I'm sorry, but at 6'4, 205 there's no way that you have a gut that justifies cutting before you begin building muscle. I mean, look at me. I've only lifted seriously for about 3 months, and as you can see, my lifts are crap, so I'm obviously not the most muscular guy in the world. I'm 3 inches shorter than you, outweigh you by a couple pounds, and no one says I'm fat, or even that I have the tiniest gut.

I know everybody is different, but I'm still wondering how much of this is in your head.

skitzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skitzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skitzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skitzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skitzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skitzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skitzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) skitzz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey there,

Same here. p90X is a good starting point cause it will get your body used to getting its ass kicked and you will shred the belly fat. Then you can go to the gym with a plan and start building mass. I know P90X doesnt earn much street cred 'round these parts but its effective. I was able to get my ass in a pretty damn good shape after accumulating the dreaded grad school gut.

FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FITGUY0114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many people have seen the P90X commercials, but are hesitant to try the program because they don’t feel that it is right for them. They worry that they are too old, to fat, haven’t worked out in along time, or just don’t have the time to commit to the program. I’m going to tell you right now that the P90X program is for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you are young, old, fat, skinny, in shape, out of shape, haven’t worked out in years, or don’t have hours upon hours to commit to the program. Just in case you didn’t hear me the first time let me tell you again. “The P90X program is for everyone, that means YOU!”

stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50) stowellomite will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FITGUY0114 View Post
    Many people have seen the P90X commercials, but are hesitant to try the program because they don’t feel that it is right for them. They worry that they are too old, to fat, haven’t worked out in along time, or just don’t have the time to commit to the program. I’m going to tell you right now that the P90X program is for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you are young, old, fat, skinny, in shape, out of shape, haven’t worked out in years, or don’t have hours upon hours to commit to the program. Just in case you didn’t hear me the first time let me tell you again. “The P90X program is for everyone, that means YOU!”
    I agree I ran it and they give you at least 3 ways to do just about anything depending on your fitness level.

To the OP I ran it and you can see my results on my page. I had similar goals in that I am skinny with a gut. I did get bigger but most of that was due to the fact that I have not lifted anything in about 4 years. With that said I really liked the fact that P90X holds your hand through everyday with 'virtual trainer' and focuses on getting you into a daily routine that is rounded in workout, recovery and diet. For me it helped me get comfortable with the idea of lifting again (had not since the Marines). Over the 3 months I added 4 pounds. Following that I got a rack and started doing a full body workout and have added another 4 in a month (trying to stay lean during summer now that I have abs). The basic tools I picked up have laid what I would consider a solid foundation.

Last but not least like everything diet is 90 percent. If you want to gain weight eating in surplus and ensuring your protein intake is high is going to be what makes the magic happen. I have been running a modest 300 cal surplus for the summer but once the summer is over I plan on running a real bulk.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    This thread is 2 years old. The OP probably isn't even around anymore.

f4thpathway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man, do the P90X. At least for conditioning and mental toughness. And mix it up between high and low reps. Burn your fat off and get some cuts. This will improve your self image and make you more comfortable in a gym. THEN get into mass building and see what works for you. Don't listen to the schmucks who say "oh! do this, it works. THIS is the way to go". Bull**** all around. Individual differences, ratios of red and white muscles fiber, etc, etc dictate that what works for you only works for you in the way it works for you. So set your base, get in shape, get your self esteem up...then learn how YOUR body builds muscle. Dick's has a great functional training rack for P90. It even has suspension straps. One of those, 2-3 pairs of dumbbells, and bands will set you up for P90X. Then you can get a barbell and a few plates for home. This will give you enough for building your foundation and getting ready to go. P90X rocks. You CAN put on size. Just be smart. And it WILL burn fat. So use it.

FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FuzzeWuzze is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 2uantuM View Post

P90X is generally focused in the endurance and aerobic ranges (>12 reps). Essentially, this means P90X will lean you out. That "toned" look you're referring to is caused by low bodyfat and a bit of muscle underneath. So yeah, you'll look more "toned", but you'd still likely look like a goofball in a muscle shirt.
    People who have never done P90x really need to stop making **** up on this forum. Nowhere does it focus on aerobic ranges. They explicitly say in every excersise, if you want mass pick a heavy weight to max out at 8-10 reps per excersise, 12+ if you want to lean out...EVERY TIME..which leads me to believe you have never done P90x because you listen to him say it 25 times a week.

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

This. Did p90x and it is very hard. Much harder than lifting by a long shot. I lost just under 30lbs and went down 5% BF off my total. Highly recommend it. The most important part is the diet, not the vids. Although the vids are by far tougher than lifting. Stopped lifting for the 3 months I was on it.

Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghosting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FuzzeWuzze View Post
    People who have never done P90x really need to stop making **** up on this forum. Nowhere does it focus on aerobic ranges. They explicitly say in every excersise, if you want mass pick a heavy weight to max out at 8-10 reps per excersise, 12+ if you want to lean out...EVERY TIME..which leads me to believe you have never done P90x because you listen to him say it 25 times a week.

This too. Lower rep ranges for size.

Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP, i ran p90x when i was alot lighter an got some pretty good results from it,

Check out my log http://samp90x.blogspot.com/

however, keep this in mind, im currently 160lbs which is alot heavier than i was at the end of p90x, ive kept my abs and im progressing nicely on a split of my own.

I do however think that p90x will give you a good base to work with if you choose to do it.
    "Do not look to the ground for your next step; greatness lies with those who look to the horizon."

“The most powerful element that builds your body is the mental state you bring to your training.”

SLIN SANE LOG http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608893323#post608893323