Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Extra protection to protect a shoulder?

Every so often my kid has been having problem with getting hit in the shoulder and straining a joint in the back of the shoulder which then takes him out of commission to lift heavy and takes a while to heal.

For anyone who has issues with this or knew somebody that did....is there something you can where along with the pad to give a little added protection?

guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) guineapig71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    They started making under armour like shirts with built in padding on places like the shoulder. I would try something like this

http://www.mcdavidusa.com/store/item...26&ITEM_ID=438
    Last edited by guineapig71; 07-10-2008 at 02:46 PM.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired.
    You feel weak and when you feel weak you feel like you wanna just give up.
    But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
    and just pull that s*** out of you and get that motivation to not give up
    and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse." -Eminem

LIGHT SKINNED MANDINGO G-mane12's Avatar
    G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000) G-mane12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this is wut they gave me after i seperated my shoulder a couple years ago

i don't wear it nemore but it helped a lil during games and practice
    Stickam: ronniecoleman22

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard." -Mike Tyson

Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cowart69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by G-mane12 View Post
    this is wut they gave me after i seperated my shoulder a couple years ago

i don't wear it nemore but it helped a lil during games and practice
    G mane...that looks a little complicated. I know know if I could get him to where that.

The mcDavid shirt was interesting. I have another question. I was originally going to get him a "ribbie" shirt to keep his pads in place a little better.

That mcDavid shirt look like a better way to go?

Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    This post should answer your questions; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...81&postcount=7

Updated pics;

S.I.P -

Harness -
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Agallah Adams has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

this one is looks really appealing

http://www.shoulderstabilizer.com/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlZoPR3i1AU

it can also be worn on two shoulders at the same time. i think i'm going to buy this one for the season. I'm really trying to find this really popular shoulder brace that I see on NFL players and NCAA football players. I've been trying to find it online but no luck. I'm probably going to call or visit one of the local D1 schools and ask their trainer what shoulder braces they recommend to the football players with shoulder issues because my team's trainer doesn't know the name of it. If I find out, I'll relay here but so far I'm leaning towards getting the Cadlow shoulder stabilzer. I've heard that neoprene braces are suspect.

apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10) apipedream0750 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jhawk Fitness View Post
    This post should answer your questions; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...81&postcount=7

Updated pics;

S.I.P -

Harness -
    had a hurt shoulder my senior year and it really sucked. wore the pads "SIP" or skeleton pads. i think it is exactly what you are looking for. There was very minimal loss of motion and since he is a DE like me it wont affect him too much. Really added extra padding and was very good to my shoudler.
    Man, I got Summer hating on me cause I'm hotter than the sun ...
    Got Spring hating on me cause I ain't never sprung ...
    Winter hating on me cause I'm colder than ya'll
    And I would never.... I would never...I would never Fall
    I'm being hated by the seasons
    So fuk ya'll who hating for no reason

SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SecondSucks is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yep i was gunna say a shoulder wrap or harness, but its already been said.

Updated pics;

S.I.P -

Harness -
    Bumping this for more information as I will need to order this pretty soon.

His shoulder is not hurt right now......so I dont think the harness is necessary.....but what is the "SIP" on top of that? What does that abbreviation stand for? That looks like something he could wear under his pads without too much restriction to perhaps prevent it from happening in the future.

And where do I get it?

Thanks in advance.

Also someone suggested getting a "spider" but I have no idea what that is. If anyone knows or could provide me a link I would greatly appreciate it.

bump

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    S.I.P stands for Shoulder Injury Pad. It is made specifically to reduce the damage the shoulders sustain during contact. They are available in nearly all major sporting goods stores.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10) WillyBHardigin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://www.riddell1.com/newsite/prod...roducts_id=256

I was at a football camp and a running back had one of these that connected to his shoulder pads. It kept him from moving his shoulder too much.

ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wouldnt the harness restrict your range of motion. I dislocated my shoulder a while back so Im also in need of extra protection for my shoulder

Originally Posted by ThaCarterIII View Post
    Wouldnt the harness restrict your range of motion. I dislocated my shoulder a while back so Im also in need of extra protection for my shoulder
    Originally Posted by Agallah Adams View Post
    check this one out. it's made to not restrict motion, it secures to a harness you wear around your chest (like suspenders) and some shorts that you wear under your football pants (like sweats). it's not bulky and it can also be used during shoulder rehab programs. if you add up all the factors that a shoulder brace should have, this one has all of the necessary factors the others have and then some.

ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThaCarterIII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, its pretty expensive tho

i might just get the skeleton

S.I.P stands for Shoulder Injury Pad. It is made specifically to reduce the damage the shoulders sustain during contact. They are available in nearly all major sporting goods stores.
    I got him a SIP.

I guess they are getting custom shoulder pads this year first time I have ever seen it. Instead of just throwing them a set out of the equipment shed they came in, took measurements, and ordered them.

yeah imma just get a SIP too

will it permit the full range of motion in my arms?

Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Matt_SD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used a regular McDavid shoulder brace, but its kind of hard to breath with it on...