Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10)

day 20

energy Intake: fitday

(net carbs are 15g)

energy expenditure
    nada .... knee is borked, can barely walk

Balance: ~1400kCal

I skipped workout yesterday, my knee problems came back and I'm still barely able to walk. Damn tendons/ligaments, looks like the bike ride did more harm than good. It's good that I dropped calories so low. I just damn hate this crap, I'll be following RICE maybe this and the following week. So progress will slow down. No way around it unfortunately.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Self Discipline is telling that little voice in your head to shut the f$%k up.

cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10)

day 21

I'm going away for the weekend (Thursday evening), so updates will be on Sunday evening.

I haven't been to the gym this week and to be honest I will take a break until maybe end of next week, because this LCL/tendon issue is really driving me insane. I was finally able to walk half-way normal this morning, but I still get pain when moving. I feel terrible, because I have this lifestyle that I want to follow and deviating from it, feels like I'm not doing everything I can.

I really hope that the rest/ice will take care of the problem for good. If not then I'll get either an MRI or get it checked out by a surgeon.

energy Intake: fitday

(net carbs are 26g)
    I'm eating maintenance today, and then th,fr around 1400 again. Carb-up on saturday, 1300 on sunday. And next week I'll start a whole new cycle.
    Last edited by cyanize; 07-30-2008 at 01:30 AM.

I won't post updates until my LCL & patellar tendon are fully recovered. I will keep to keto @ 1800-1900kCal/day...albeit with no workouts, so there will be only a slight deficit present.

These are difficult times for me as I really enjoy my workouts and now I even miss cardio. Hope these two weeks won't add too much fat to my frame...as my endo (please store fat) genetics just suck.

I'll start updating roughly from the 10th of August again, if the knee feels fine.
    And I'll only do maybe 5-6 different exercises (based on Rippetoes' routine) plus 6-7 times a week LISS cardio (incline walking for 1 hr).

I just hope that the damn tissue gets well soon, so I can blast through the final maybe 5% of bf to reach my goal.

Progress is coming along nicely....

I just got back from our family reunion...had a great time, met people that I haven't seen for ages. But the cakes/pastries were a huge disappointment...I was so hyping myself with the idea of eating that delicious stuff. But my memories were better than reality. I only liked 1 of the pastries, with blueberry topping.

Overall I found out that my taste for cakes/pastries has devolved, I can't stomach that stuff anymore, and you don't even want to know the foul smell and farts I was producing that evening. So from now on I'm gonna stick to the tried and true stuff like fruit and chocolate cake and some home made walnut filled rolls. (and some jello-fruit-yogurt based stuff)

I did some IF on the way back, didn't eat anything until now. And I'm gonna switch over to weekly progress logging, as it doesn't make any sense to post the same stuff all over again each and every day.

You can still check my food logs @ fitday.com, and I'll be posting weekly progress pics. You'll have to wait 2 weeks for a new one though as I've borrowed my digicam to a friend.

Next carb-up will be in 2-3 weeks depending on my needs. Btw. my weight didn't really drop very low. I started out keto with 169.5 and was down to 165 at teh time the progress pic was taken, so there's more of a re-comp action going on, as the amount of fat is def over a mere 4 lbs.

I hop that by next week my knee will be OK again, so I can blast through my regular routine and cardio.
    Last edited by cyanize; 08-03-2008 at 08:44 AM.

Discontinuing KETO

Dear audience,

as some of you might know from my profile I have multiple sclerosis (relapsing remitting form; RRMS)

The last few weeks of hardcore adherence to proven keto ratios I experienced slight tingling in my hands/fingers (exactly the kind I had before my first two flare-ups), therefore I got some blood work done to test for inflammatory markers.

My suspicion was unfortunately confirmed. One of the proteins was elevated, which is nothing unusual with MS patients (as symptoms are often combated with anti-inflammatory drugs, like predinsone), but mine was 3x the elevated amount. I'll probably spend the afternoon figuring out a new diet. Therefore I am as of now discontinuing keto for the purposes of body re-composition.

I achieved some amazing results with the diet and can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone with no MS.

enjoy keto folks...

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by cyanize View Post
    Dear audience,

as some of you might know from my profile I have multiple sclerosis (relapsing remitting form; RRMS)

The last few weeks of hardcore adherence to proven keto ratios I experienced slight tingling in my hands/fingers (exactly the kind I had before my first two flare-ups), therefore I got some blood work done to test for inflammatory markers.

My suspicion was unfortunately confirmed. One of the proteins was elevated, which is nothing unusual with MS patients (as symptoms are often combated with anti-inflammatory drugs, like predinsone), but mine was 3x the elevated amount. I'll probably spend the afternoon figuring out a new diet. Therefore I am as of now discontinuing keto for the purposes of body re-composition.

I achieved some amazing results with the diet and can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone with no MS.

enjoy keto folks...

sorry to hear about your flair-up of MS...

I hope you get well soon... your advice/comments have been very helpful...

hope it all works out for you... good luck...

Originally Posted by Korry1 View Post
    sorry to hear about your flair-up of MS...

I hope you get well soon... your advice/comments have been very helpful...

hope it all works out for you... good luck...
    No worries....I ate a bunch of fruit and veggies from the "anti inflammatory" list and the tingling went away. So that pretty much confirms it for me, no keto.
    I just didn't want to risk continuing keto any longer, because the last flare-up left me with total numbness in my fingers (try doing anything if you don't feel squat) for 3 months, and I don't need to re-live the experience.

I'm staying active on the keto boards though...
    Last edited by cyanize; 08-07-2008 at 12:57 PM.