beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Are you supposed to limit fat after lifting? (Not PWO, but for the rest of the day)

I'm a bit confused. In the step-by-step keto guide it says:

"Eat fat and protein all day everyday except on workout days because after workouts, you will need to consume strictly just protein, no fat or carbs."

I know PWO you are not supposed to take in any fat...I will be having just a whey shake PWO. But are you supposed to limit fat intake for the rest of the day after lifting? Is it best to wait a certain amount of time after lifting before consuming a high fat meal? I'm lifting first thing in the morning, at least for the next few weeks, so not eating fat for the rest of the day wouldn't work very well, LOL.

Thanks!

jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    u still continue ur keto lifestyle...........but dont consume any fats..or try not to..about an hour or so after workin out........u can afterwards...but try not to right after working out

beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10) beyondthesmile is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jrmp View Post
    u still continue ur keto lifestyle...........but dont consume any fats..or try not to..about an hour or so after workin out........u can afterwards...but try not to right after working out
    Okay, thanks! I won't be having any fats for at least 2 or 3 hours after my workout. Thank you for clarifying.
    Last edited by beyondthesmile; 07-07-2008 at 06:51 PM.

To the other keto-ers, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions too...how long after lifting do you wait to consume fats?

BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by beyondthesmile View Post
    Okay, thanks! I won't be having any fats for at least 2 or 3 hours after my workout. Thank you for clarifying.
    damn dude i couldn't last that long !!! i watch the clock like a hawk for the 1hr mark
    "Just do the diet, lift hard and take pictures of yourself naked. As long as the scale is going down, your lifts are going up and your pix look good, ignore everything else." - Eileen

My pet hate? Half measures.....there's no kill like an overkill!!
    Self Discipline is telling that little voice in your head to shut the f$%k up.

Originally Posted by BeejGrpA View Post
    damn dude i couldn't last that long !!! i watch the clock like a hawk for the 1hr mark
    LOL, well tomorrow's my first day lifting on keto, so we'll see how it goes!

jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jrmp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BeejGrpA View Post
    true.......i workout like at 6-30am..finish at 720-740......and then take my pwo.......and right at 8-40 i start my breakfast........

true.......i workout like at 6-30am..finish at 720-740......and then take my pwo.......and right at 8-40 i start my breakfast........
    I'll finish working out around 7am, have my PWO shake and then shower and get ready for work at the gym. I won't get to work until 8:30 so the earliest I'll be eating is probably close to 9am. LOL. I guess I'll see how it goes. Tomorrow is my first day lifting on keto, so I might have to plan the next one different depending on how tomorrow goes.

I'll finish working out around 7am, have my PWO shake and then shower and get ready for work at the gym. I won't get to work until 8:30 so the earliest I'll be eating is probably close to 9am. LOL. I guess I'll see how it goes. Tomorrow is my first day lifting on keto, so I might have to plan the next one different depending on how tomorrow goes.
    same thing as me.......though i have to go to summer school.....its over on wednesday!!!!...but yeah i usually throw in 3-4 eggs in a blender with heavy cream..water or coffee...then half or a full scoop of whey......i tsb of peanut butter.....and about 3-5 ice cubes........

Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    so why you not supposed to have fat PWO? i usually have whey + heavy cream PWO

Originally Posted by Fat Ryan View Post
    so why you not supposed to have fat PWO? i usually have whey + heavy cream PWO
    if its working for u then its alright.........its cuz usually fat and fiber tend to slow down the absorbtion of the protein.....say it takes about 30 mins to absorb......u added some fat it may take 2 hours.....u get me?????

Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fat Ryan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if its working for u then its alright.........its cuz usually fat and fiber tend to slow down the absorbtion of the protein.....say it takes about 30 mins to absorb......u added some fat it may take 2 hours.....u get me?????
    **** i put fiber in the shake too lol

Originally Posted by Fat Ryan View Post
    **** i put fiber in the shake too lol
    haha.....well as long as u see results it dont matter i think....i think it varies from person to person...<<i may be wrong

haha.....well as long as u see results it dont matter i think....i think it varies from person to person...<<i may be wrong
    not quite seeing the weight loss results id like but strength is good.

lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ...wouldnt suprise me if the time after weights u eat is negligable , probably just more supplement hype

Originally Posted by lbendall View Post
    ...wouldnt suprise me if the time after weights u eat is negligable , probably just more supplement hype
    i was thinking the same thing

ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ItalWHOP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    For me: PWO shake (whey) immediately after work out. Next keto meal 1.5 - 2 hr mark

Oldskoolfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldskoolfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldskoolfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldskoolfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you give the recipe you are using for your post-workout shake?
    Cut and Paste to see my Fitday:
    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Oldskoolfan

Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    This question wasn't for me, was it? I just use whey and water. LOL. I will add some dextrose too.

Does it matter how soon I eat a fatty meal after cardio?

Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dieteticz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does it matter how soon I eat a fatty meal after cardio?
    Doesn't matter at all. I usually get 3 pieces of string cheese in right after I knock out my lifting and first cardio set. Fat isn't going to inhibit protein absorption and synthesis at all.

Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    not sure who you were talking to but ill post mine...

2 scoops ISOPURE zero carb whey
    1/2 cup heavy cream (Giant or Walmart brand are 0 carb)
    1 Tblsp NOW psyllum husk fiber (spelling?)
    1 tspn Prolab creatine mono
    rest of the shaker filled with cold water

cals: 610
    carbs: 0g
    macros: 65/35/0

SpartanWarriorDescendant Greek_Elite's Avatar
    Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Greek_Elite has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    wow i was actually just wondering the same thing yesterday, but luckily ive been doing it "right" just before my last exercise/set i start my shake and finish it while i sit in the sauna for a 15-20 min, then eat about 30-45 minutes later or sometimes longer.. i workout at night after work so that meal 1hr later is usually my last and ive always wondered if i should consume as much fat in that meal as i do in the rest since im going to sleep a few hours later.. should the last meal of the day be less fat or does it not matter?
    "We Spartans are said to be descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield in service to Sparta is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans, the finest soldiers the world has ever known." ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!
    ΣΠ

Opiate/Drug Withdrawal Herbal Aid (& for general calmness/stress relief): http://calmsupport.refersion.com/c/fe52
    Ingredients include GABA, Passion Flower, Valerian Root, etc

PM for Bonobos referral

Originally Posted by Greek_Elite View Post
    wow i was actually just wondering the same thing yesterday, but luckily ive been doing it "right" just before my last exercise/set i start my shake and finish it while i sit in the sauna for a 15-20 min, then eat about 30-45 minutes later or sometimes longer.. i workout at night after work so that meal 1hr later is usually my last and ive always wondered if i should consume as much fat in that meal as i do in the rest since im going to sleep a few hours later.. should the last meal of the day be less fat or does it not matter?
    Bumping so you can get a reply. Glad the thread was helpful for you too!

cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10) cyanize is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    greek elite, I'm in the same boat as you. My weightlifting workout starts like at 8:30 pm and takes 45mins to 1 hour (mid workout I start my PWO shake whey+10g dextrose), after that I eat something at 11pm and go to bed...usually fall asleep by midnight.

(I wake up at 5:45 AM eat something and do some LISS for 30-45 mins., take a shower and off I go to work)

I don't eat too much for my last meal...something like mascarpone or a piece of cheese (maybe 50grams)

There's a nice sticky of a roundtable discussion regarding nutrition and most of the guys seem to indicate that as long as it's within your "cut" calorie intake it's no problem.

Don't forget that even though you had an insulin spike, you're burning fat as fuel when in ketosis, so I don't think it will be stored as fat anyway....otherwise you'd be starving. (that energy has to come from somewhere).

I'm also considering just leaving out the post pwo meal and eating those calories somewhere else during the day.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Self Discipline is telling that little voice in your head to shut the f$%k up.