fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cable Rows - I'm Confused...

This is regarding the proper form for performing seated cable rows. Bodybuilding.com says to not lean forward too much at the "bottom" of the exercise.

However, I was watching "Pumping Iron" and noticed a Mr. Universe competitor doing them like he was actually rowing a boat. And btw he is huge.

Here is the link to the video clip. Start watching at 6:28. http://youtube.com/watch?v=xaJltPRceU0&feature=related

Which is the correct way to do these? Does he know something we dont?
    "In the wild there is no health care. In the wild, health care is ouch I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me. I'm dead...well I'm not dead...I'm the Lion. YOU'RE DEAD!" - Dwight Schrute

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in everything you do, you should try to emulate pro bodybuilders.

Dr. Animal, OD, Natty Pro The_Animal11's Avatar
    The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    especially pros from the 70s

CAUTION: This is not real advice. Do not attempt. People in video are poorly trained professionals.
    Last edited by The_Animal11; 07-06-2008 at 02:09 PM.
    WWJD-What Would Jesus Deadlift?

May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done. -From the Four-Fold Franciscan Blessing

Who Says I Can't Pack on Mass (my log)?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146406963

richbodyfit.com<--- awesome trainer and workout partner!

fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fender23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cjdelaney View Post
    in everything you do, you should try to emulate pro bodybuilders.
    Nice, but in all seriousness...he looks way better than anyone here...
    "In the wild there is no health care. In the wild, health care is ouch I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me. I'm dead...well I'm not dead...I'm the Lion. YOU'RE DEAD!" - Dwight Schrute

cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cjdelaney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    which is why i said you should try to emulate him. duh.

Dr. Animal, OD, Natty Pro The_Animal11's Avatar
    The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The_Animal11 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fender23 View Post
    Nice, but in all seriousness...he looks way better than anyone here...
    he also used more drugs than most anyone here.
    WWJD-What Would Jesus Deadlift?

May God bless you with enough foolishness to believe that you really CAN make a difference in this world, so that you are able, with God's grace, to do what others claim cannot be done. -From the Four-Fold Franciscan Blessing

Who Says I Can't Pack on Mass (my log)?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146406963

richbodyfit.com<--- awesome trainer and workout partner!

Originally Posted by The_Animal11 View Post
    he also used more drugs than most anyone here.
    yeah thats a good point...but I think most anabolic users would agree when I say just because you take drugs doesn't make you look like that. There are plenty of users that don't have anywhere near the symmetry/size/cuts etc. to compete professionally.

So is there any advantage (besides using more weight by cheating) to rowing this way?

FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah thats a good point...but I think most anabolic users would agree when I say just because you take drugs doesn't make you look like that. There are plenty of users that don't have anywhere near the symmetry/size/cuts etc. to compete professionally.

So is there any advantage (besides using more weight by cheating) to rowing this way?
    Its not because of his form, its because of his response to aas.

bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i know i feel the lat stretch more when i lean forward more and let the weights almost touch.

i think the reason a lot of people say to stay more upright is just it's not really a lower back exercise, and people that lean forward use their lower back a lot when lifting the weight.

just focus on the targeted muscles and build the mind-muscle connection.
    "Always act as though it were impossible to fail." -Anonymous

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    generally use 'textbook' form when you're new to lifting and then slowly feel your way around, finding what works best for YOU.

brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brent2886 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Pairunoyd View Post
    generally use 'textbook' form when you're new to lifting and then slowly feel your way around, finding what works best for YOU.
    x2
    Also, Pros have spent much time working in different fashions to attain specific goals to perfect their physique. His range of motion may be designed to hit in just a way to work on something for him. This does not mean it is correct or healthy for you to emulate. Work, experimentation, and time are the only things that will define what works best for you and what your goals are.
    "The Iron never lies to you... I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." - Henry Rollins

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is regarding the proper form for performing seated cable rows. Bodybuilding.com says to not lean forward too much at the "bottom" of the exercise.

However, I was watching "Pumping Iron" and noticed a Mr. Universe competitor doing them like he was actually rowing a boat. And btw he is huge.

Here is the link to the video clip. Start watching at 6:28. http://youtube.com/watch?v=xaJltPRceU0&feature=related

Which is the correct way to do these? Does he know something we dont?
    both, it is two different exercises, do whichever you like.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Pairunoyd View Post
    Originally Posted by brent2886 View Post
    x2
    Also, Pros have spent much time working in different fashions to attain specific goals to perfect their physique. His range of motion may be designed to hit in just a way to work on something for him. This does not mean it is correct or healthy for you to emulate. Work, experimentation, and time are the only things that will define what works best for you and what your goals are.
    agreed^^^ also if you're having to ask then you should stick to using perfect form.
    Dream in light-years,
    Challenge miles,
    Walk, step by step

"I did basic 3x5 workout and got good strength and size gains, so now I'm doing high volume"-Anon

Beginners:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112574351

Bango's Arnold/Park thread:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112649251

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)