daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Please critique my diet and workout program

My general goal is to gain lean muscle mass. Ideally, I am shooting for 175-180 pounds, lean and muscular. I've been working out, on and off for the last 5 months. Recently I've been getting more serious. I'm almost 25 years old.

As of 3 weeks ago, I weighed about 162 (I'm 5'11). Then I bought some ON Whey and started taking about a scoop and a half (total, throughout the day) every day, with 1% milk (3-4 cups of milk total per day). And as of last week, I?ve also started drinking 2/3rds scoop casein with 1% milk at night. I drink 2 cups of water every morning before breakfast, and I might go for a really short run to get my blood flowing for work. My breakfasts are not huge ? perhaps 3 eggs (1 yoke taken out) wrapped in a whole wheat burrito, with potatoes in olive oil, along with a piece of fruit. During the first half of the workday, I?d chug 12 ounces of 1% milk with 2/3rds scoop of whey powder. Then I?d have a modest lunch, with perhaps yogurt later in the day. Then I?d have dinner around 8 pm, and go to the gym around 9:45 pm. At the tail end of my workout, I?d start chugging another 12 ounces of 1% milk with 2/3rds scoop whey powder. At the end of the workout, I?d eat a handful of walnuts and a banana. Then I come home, have a tall glass of 1% milk with 2/3rds scoop of casein, then go to bed.

Btw, the reason why I am not using a lot of whey is because I am trying to not rely on powder so much, and I am just very paranoid about my kidney health.

Also, I am trying to watch my carbs because I want to stay fairly lean for the summer ? when fall rolls around and I am not going to the beach, I?ll go into a full-blown bulking phase.

OK, so on to my workout:

Monday:

4 minutes on stair-machine to warm up legs
    Squats (3x5 ? but I will go as high as 7 or 8 reps on my last set if I can)
    Push Press (3x5 ? ditto on the last set)
    Upright Row (3x7)
    Abwork

Wednesday:

1 mile sprint on treadmill
    Bench Press (3x5 ? again, I will go to higher reps if I can on the last set)
    Dips (3x6)
    Abwork

Friday:

Stair-machine warm-up
    Squats (3x5)
    Bent-Over Row (3x5, more reps on last set if possible)
    Close-grip lat pull-down (3x7)
    Abwork

*I alternate between squatting and treadmill sprinting at the beginning of every workout

Basically I take a modified Ripptoes approach, and add a small amount of weight to every lift each day I go to the gym (although sometimes I don?t, for fear of trying to progress too fast). I don?t necessarily go to failure on the first two sets of each lift, but I do try to go to failure on the last set.

Right now, the weight I use for each lift is as follows (I?m a weak bastard, I?ll admit):

Squat: 160 pounds
    Push Press: 125 pounds
    Upright Row: 90 pounds
    Bent-Over Row: 155 pounds
    Bench Press: 135 pounds

So what do you guys think? Any and all advice/criticism is much appreciated. Reps to whoever can help me out.

felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10) felix822 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry, but I stopped reading at "1 yoke taken out".

daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10) daminov is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by felix822 View Post
    Sorry, but I stopped reading at "1 yoke taken out".
    Cholesterol is a concern for me.

Ttt

lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lbleiweiss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    for your post workout meal, casein doesn't digest fast enough I would do a scoop or 2 of whey, and since you don't want to use too much powder for your casein I would just have a meal of a tbsp of peanut butter and low fat cottage cheese mixed up. That will get you your casein for overnight and you still get a good fast digesting post workout.