Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Mumof2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mumof2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Originally Posted by mizone View Post
    Mandy your meals are looking awesome - the sandwiches - YUM!!!! I know you like lettuce - have you had an egg and lettuce sandwich before??

I dont count calories, been there, done that and its not for me. I become to obsessive, now I focus on portion size and it works.

The pancakes have sent me cravings....so carrot and zucchini cakes with cottage cheese and balsamic...

I am getting frustrated because my photos wont resize and I am doing everything as per normal - grrr!!
    What is your recipe for the carrot and zucchini cakes? They looks so delish!!!!

dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Red face Some Suggestions?

Hey Folks,

I'm getting ready to make a 9 hour drive to San Francisco. I know several different types of wraps and sandwiches, veggies, boiled eggs and such. Any of you creative people have some suggestions for Road Warrior quick fix? Just something I can throw in the cooler on the front seat and raid as necessary. It's too bad I'm not driving a small RV with a stove and microwave. I wouldn't have this issue. LOL

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dbrunner00 View Post
    Hey Folks,

I'm getting ready to make a 9 hour drive to San Francisco. I know several different types of wraps and sandwiches, veggies, boiled eggs and such. Any of you creative people have some suggestions for Road Warrior quick fix? Just something I can throw in the cooler on the front seat and raid as necessary. It's too bad I'm not driving a small RV with a stove and microwave. I wouldn't have this issue. LOL

I love pancake sandwiches for good filling sweetness in the car! I normally make BIG pancakes instead of several small ones - then make a filling like PB and ricotta or CC mixed with whey or pumpkin, PWO I use NUTELLA for chocolately goodness....spread the filling on one side then just basically fold it over like a pancake taco! wrap it up in cling film and throw it in the cooler.....Easy to eat one handed LOL!
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by livestrong21 View Post
    anyway....i made crab cakes..or CRABBY PATTIES for the sponge bob fans out there ...totally clean, no oil, sm amount of oats instead of bread crumbs, egg white-no yolk, whipped CC instead of mayo...turned out really good

2lean...could I get the recipe for those crab cakes? I never considered using oats, gooood idea [/QUOTE]
    Ditto on wanting the recipe. Those look awesome!

Lucky - Due December 24. mizone's Avatar
    mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Mumof2 View Post
    What is your recipe for the carrot and zucchini cakes? They looks so delish!!!!
    Pretty simple, whisk some eggs (i use both white and yolk), grate some carrot and zucchini and combine, I cooked them in egg rings to get them even.
    http://icttywylt.blogspot.com/

2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sha11 View Post
    2lean...could I get the recipe for those crab cakes? I never considered using oats, gooood idea
    Ditto on wanting the recipe. Those look awesome!
    thanks...they were deeelish...reeeelly crabby and not so bready as normal ones
    ok, let's see..what DID i do?...i think it was ...

approx 1c.dungeness crab (not canned, but water packed....it was from Costco)...drained and paper towel dried
    1/4c oatmeal...(i put it in the food proc. for a sec)-(probably could use a little more )
    1 egg white
    2(ish) Tbs. whipped cottage cheese (whipped b'cuz it's replacing mayo)
    onion-fine dice
    celery-fine dice
    fresh parsley-chopped
    ...below is all to taste....
    squeeze of lemon
    Old Bay seasoning
    garlic salt
    kosher salt & fresh pepper

i used a non stick pan...w/just a little olive oil spray
    i let them get nice a crispy on each side
    make 6 - 7 patties
    very lo-cal, carb and HI-pro...

Pretty simple, whisk some eggs (i use both white and yolk), grate some carrot and zucchini and combine, I cooked them in egg rings to get them even.
    great simple idea....can't wait to try 'em...and expirement a little ....and i like the egg ring usage...that would be good for lots of stuff

]
    the only weight you should be concerned with......IS THE ONE YOU'RE LIFTING !!!

2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2lean2Bmean is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

....JELLO JIGGLERS ROCK...... !!!!!!!.....

eat 'em with your hands...easy to pack
    just follow the recipe on the box, OR this is what i do....

2 boxes sug free jello
    2-3 pkts plain geletin
    boil 4c water to disolve above
    add 2-3c water, OR crystal lite flavor you like
    *** spray a little oil in a 9x13 glass baking dish (they remove much easier)
    fridge over-nite and cut into squares for easy packing...
    Last edited by 2lean2Bmean; 07-12-2008 at 12:25 AM.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 2lean2Bmean View Post
    Ohhh.. .this is very similar to my old recipe here --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ht=gummy+worms

They are VERY good!

sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sha11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

2 boxes sug free jello
    2-3 pkts plain geletin
    Thanks. Will try them soon.

Also, I agree with Twinnett's comment from several days ago - this thread has stayed on task (nutrition, recipes, etc.). Keep it up!

livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) livestrong21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2 boxes sug free jello
    2-3 pkts plain geletin

you forgot the vodka haha just kiddingggg...kinda.

oh ps 2lean thanks for those crab cakes I cant wait to try them

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Turkey Burger on No Carb Bun w/ Green Beans and Broccoli (I remembered to take the pic AFTER I ate the broccoli...lol)

*Mandy*

How bout them Cowboys?? :D

If you wanna get big - you gotta get nasty!

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    Turkey Burger on No Carb Bun w/ Green Beans and Broccoli (I remembered to take the pic AFTER I ate the broccoli...lol)
    LOL ^This is so awesome!

I've never heard of a carbless bun...inform me please!

Here is a pic of a delicious treat... and a 'sweet' treat, if enough splenda is added:

Grape Fruit/Salsa

1/2 Grape Fruit ..Peeled and cut into chunks.
    1/2 c Salsa, store bought or home made.

Put together and eat!

Home Made Salsa

10 cherry tomatoes
    chopped green pepper and onion
    chili powder
    cumin
    1 pk splenda (optional)

Blend in Magic Bullet.
    Attached Images
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amj0883 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    LOL ^This is so awesome!

I've never heard of a carbless bun...inform me please!

Here is a pic of a delicious treat... and a 'sweet' treat, if enough splenda is added:

Grape Fruit/Salsa

1/2 Grape Fruit ..Peeled and cut into chunks.
    1/2 c Salsa, store bought or home made.

Put together and eat!

Home Made Salsa

10 cherry tomatoes
    chopped green pepper and onion
    chili powder
    cumin
    1 pk splenda (optional)

Blend in Magic Bullet.
    No Carb Buns

3 egg whites
    2 yolks - you can use 3 yolks as well it just depends on what macros you want
    1/8 tsp cream of tartar or 1/2 tsp baking powder
    3 ounces cream cheese - I used low fat but you can use full fat as well
    Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Separate the eggs and add cream of tartar (or baking powder) to the whites, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar (or baking powder until STIFF! Afterwards mix the yolks and cream cheese
    Use a spatula and fold the egg yolk mix into the whites. Take it slow so you don't break down the whites.
    Spoon the mix onto a sheet, should make 6.
    Bake for about 25 minutes.
    Take them out, let them cool down and enjoy!

Total macros all 3 complete buns

222 calories

Fat: 10 gram
    Protein: 25 gram
    Carbs: 4 gram

*I personally used 2 yolks and Fat Free Cream Cheese*
    *Mandy*

Join along on the journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7127501

Love it one rep at a time and never lose the passion for the journey in itself...

Egg Pancake with CC and Blueberries

Gummies from Emma Leigh's link!!! They are delicous! I used SF Peach and Pink Lemonade...I'm trying 2lean's recipe tonight with SF Strawberry and Watermelon/Kiwi Kool-Aid

*Mandy*

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    Ohhh.. .this is very similar to my old recipe here --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...ht=gummy+worms

They are VERY good!
    i'm totally gonna try the plate idea..

this, was a PARTY IN MY MOUTH !!!!!!!......grilled salmon, CC, avo deviled eggs

mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mizone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    J made some muffins today - some white choc and some dark chili choc - YUM!

And lunch was pumpernickel with cream cheese, avocado, red onion, smoked salmon and balsamic.

kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000) kitebean is just really nice. (+1000)
    J made some muffins today - some white choc and some dark chili choc - YUM!
    WOW is all i can say......
    when ego is lost, limit is lost

LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO

Chicken Sandwich on No Carb Bun w/ Hot Sauce and FF Ranch, Broccoli, and Green Beans

w/ a side of Sweet Potato

*Mandy*

Another pancake - but with ricotta and lots of strawberries :P

*Mandy*

perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) perf_ckt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And lunch was pumpernickel with cream cheese, avocado, red onion, smoked salmon and balsamic.

that looks so yummy.
    I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.

"For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness."

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mmm, Delish!

EggWhite Omelette (Seasoned with Mr. Dash and Garlic Powder)
    Stuffed with Tuna (Mixed with Mustard, Splenda, Chopped Green Pepper & Onions)
    Attached Images
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

dinner and close-up of SWISS CHARD.....definitly a "MUST TRY" i like it better than spinach.....

paza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dinner and close-up of SWISS CHARD.....definitly a "MUST TRY" i like it better than spinach.....

God your meals ALWAYS look soooo damn good! Where do you get these receipes? I am such a BAD cook and Im telling you if I knew how to cook like that I would never of gotten this fat!!
    Please keep them coming

I thought I'd post a pic of what the no carb buns look like out of the oven....

*Mandy*

How do you not scoff them straight away!! I AM going to try them very soon! Just need to get a mixer first, otherwise I dont think they will combine properly ??

How do you not scoff them straight away!! I AM going to try them very soon! Just need to get a mixer first, otherwise I dont think they will combine properly ??
    I don't think you could get the whites "stiff" enough mixing by hand - so yeah I'd probably wait until you get a hand mixer! I did like the batch I made today better than past ones - the only thing I did differently was mix the whites into the yolk mix instead of the other way around. They came out more fluffy!

I was also reading recipes on how people use this concept and add in pudding or jello to make cakes and sweet trests...interesting!!
    *Mandy*

Originally Posted by amj0883 View Post
    I thought I'd post a pic of what the no carb buns look like out of the oven....
    My Gosh! They look Interestingly Good, Mandy!

Tuna-Egg 'Pizza'

Egg Whites (seasonsed with Mrs. Dash, Garlic Powder, Italian-Seasonings)
    Tuna
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    Chopped Green Pepper & Onion

Blend in magic bullet:
    the Seasonsed Egg Whites and Tuna, baking powder.

Pour into Pie Pan (sprayed with cooking spray)

Bake at 410, for 25min.
    Top with tomato sauce, green pepper and onions
    Bake another 2-3 min.

Cut into 8 slices.

Yum!
    Attached Images

pantherpride17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pantherpride17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pantherpride17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Patriotic breakfast.

"If you do not stand behind our troops, please feel free...to stand in front of them."