Closed Thread
Page 2 of 270 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knowles.ja has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh hai, huge comic book fan checking in.

Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165969711

Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mwblind View Post
    There are still comics. His old sidekick Bucky / Winter Soldier took over as Cap. Funny thing is that the cap book is the best its been in a while. But I dont think he will stay dead for more than a few years. They never do..
    lol in secret invasion, Hawkeyes wife (who is actually alive), came back to earth with who she claims is "the real captain america". She swears hes the geniune cap and not a skrull imposter.

SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50) SmellySkunk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Delta1 View Post
    HUGE SPOILERS FOR CAPTAIN AMERICA !!!

Cliffs:
    -Cap was shot on the steps of a courthouse and is killed
    -cap's true assassin was his lover (sharon carter)
    -She was mind controlled to assassinate cap (it was a plot by red skull)
    -She is captured by red skull
    -She is pregnant with caps child (new captain america?)
    -Bucky took the mantle of cap
    -Captain America Clone (who was the cap of the 50s) has awoken
    -cloned cap is a red skull plot (again)
    - so far the red skulls plot is unfolding (he wants to take over america and watch it tear itself apart)
    That sounds like a lot of craziness lol
    Milk is for babies! Men drink beer!

Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SmellySkunk View Post
    That sounds like a lot of craziness lol
    its a really good storyline, everything fits together perfectly. i know me just cliff noting it doesnt make it sound as good as it is, but trust me, the new cap books are top tier books.

also, has anyone read The End League? i thought the 3 issues out so far are quite decent. very exciting storyline.

mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Delta1 View Post
    its a really good storyline, everything fits together perfectly. i know me just cliff noting it doesnt make it sound as good as it is, but trust me, the new cap books are top tier books.

also, has anyone read The End League? i thought the 3 issues out so far are quite decent. very exciting storyline.
    Yeah it is a great book with lot of intrigue and a really cool noir / seedy feel to it. Great stuff. Iron man is in the same vein. I think the best comics are the ones that have moved away from the cartoony aspect and more towards a real world type feel. I hate the new spidey series cause it is moving back to being a really cheeseball type book.

mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10) mwblind is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bump for Monday Morn

KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just finished the "Disassembled" storyline.

Working on the house of M right now

Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I tried getting into comic books because I'm a huge fan of the movies and watched all the cartoons as a kid, I have book 1 of ultimate spiderman and book one of superman no limits. Are there any new versions of comics that are just starting that I could pick up?

KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bondons View Post
    I tried getting into comic books because I'm a huge fan of the movies and watched all the cartoons as a kid, I have book 1 of ultimate spiderman and book one of superman no limits. Are there any new versions of comics that are just starting that I could pick up?
    The first Ultimates arc is done and should be in graphic novel form by now.

Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bondons is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KennyK View Post
    The first Ultimates arc is done and should be in graphic novel form by now.
    alright cool
    thanks

Originally Posted by Bondons View Post
    alright cool
    thanks
    It's ultimates 1 and 2

Ultimates

Main article: Ultimates 1

S.H.I.E.L.D. general Nick Fury is entrusted with establishing a strike force of government-sponsored superheroes which included scientist couple Henry and Janet Pym (Giant-Man and Wasp), Bruce Banner (The Hulk), Tony Stark (Iron Man), and Steve Rogers. A cuckolded Banner injects himself with the Hulk serum, causing him to transform into the Hulk, and rampages through Manhattan killing hundreds of people before the team, along with Thor, incapacitates him. A jealous and abusive Henry Pym tries to murder Janet, and is later beaten by Captain America and expelled from the team. An extraterrestrial shape-shifting race, the Chitauri, is discovered to have infiltrated positions of power on Earth for decades. With the help of Thor, Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Hulk, the Ultimates defeat the Chitauri in a climactic battle that saves the entire solar system.

[edit] Ultimates 2

Main article: Ultimates 2

Set one year after Ultimates, public opinion turns against the team when it is revealed that the Hulk was one of their own, Dr. Banner. Captain America suspects that this was leaked to the press by the liberal Thor, but Thor denies it. In this story, Thor was accused of being an escaped mental patient, and his powers the result of equipment that was intended for the European Union's Super Soldier program. Thor is captured, but insists that this is all the work of his brother Loki, who is manipulating events for his own ends. Meanwhile, the Liberators, a new team created by anti-American factions within Russia, China, North Korea, and the Middle East attacks the Ultimates, invades the United States, and kidnaps President George W. Bush, in part with the help of a traitorous Black Widow. Eventually the Ultimates turn the tables on the Liberators, and with the help of Thor and warriors from Asgard, defeat Loki.

fitness intelligentsia ACslatering's Avatar
    ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    deadpool
    classic image comics

campbell's Gen13 was better than a victoria secrets catalogue.

I traded my xmen zero set for spiderman's clone saga series. Worst decision of my life.

then i turned 15 and grew out of it.
    how geeky is that?
    Anna spelt backwards is Anna. Coincidence? I think NOT! - EclipseTT

WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000) WWE-TicK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I subcribed to Marvel Digital Comics at Marvel's web site. After trying it out, I kind of regret it. They don't even have all the issues on there. Like, I was reading Ghost Rider starting from #1, then #2, then #3 ... and then it jumps to like #9 or some **** totally ruining my vibe. Phuck that ****.

Anyway, cliffs:

- subscribed to Marvel Digital Comics
    - don't recommend it

Oh and Hulk and Ghost Rider are my faves.

Usagi Yojimbo

Find it

read it

Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GetHimABodyBag View Post
    I remember back in the day..going to the local comic book store and buying Spiderman, Batman, and Superman comics. Batman was huge then with the release of the movie. My uncles gave me a box full of comics..mostly from the 80's to the early 90's..some late 70's stuff,too.

Anyone heard of Secret Wars? Those were pretty cool...

I had a Spawn issue 1 in my hand and I was debating about buying it..I didn't!!

Big regret, like when I choose a David Robinson rookie card over a Dan Marino rookie card.

You got that Spawn number 1?

Whats going on with Captain America, cliffs as well?
    I got a Spawn #1. Only cost me $8. Perfect condition too. Mwahahaha.

Spawn is the only one I'm reading currently. I've been trying to collect the whole series. Currently have 1-30 and 169-176, 178-179 and then a few in the middle I picked up here and there. Still gotta get 177 from the local comic book store that sells current issues.
    Support the Fair Tax:
    www.fairtax.org

Thy next foe is...

"Flip the jab, FLIP THE JAB!! I didn't hear no bell." Mickey from Rocky

Old school Ghost Rider = F**king Awesome

New GR series = One of the worst books Marvel puts out now. Consistently bad.

BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50) BMMack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ACslatering View Post
    deadpool
    classic image comics

campbell's Gen13 was better than a victoria secrets catalogue.
    Repped for truth. WildC.A.T.S, Stormwatch and others were some of the greatest books of my teens.

Vacationing in Patagonia q-theman's Avatar
    q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BMMack View Post
    Repped for truth. WildC.A.T.S, Stormwatch and others were some of the greatest books of my teens.
    Wait.........those books actually came out? I remember being very,very, frustrated at the Image creators for never releasing issues on time. With the exception of Spawn and The Savage Dragon, nothing was ever on schedule. Late '80's-1994 was the heyday of my comic collecting period, before everything was a tinfoil, hologram, one-shot, bagged edition that they printed millions of, only to fool speculators that these are "Collectors Items", after all of that nonsense , I finally stopped buying them and just started reading them in the book stores for free.

Oh yeah, Cerebus finally ended in 2004. Great discussion thread. Sub'd

Originally Posted by q-theman View Post
    Wait.........those books actually came out? I remember being very,very, frustrated at the Image creators for never releasing issues on time. With the exception of Spawn and The Savage Dragon, nothing was ever on schedule. Late '80's-1994 was the heyday of my comic collecting period, before everything was a tinfoil, hologram, one-shot, bagged edition that they printed millions of, only to fool speculators that these are "Collectors Items", after all of that nonsense , I finally stopped buying them and just started reading them in the book stores for free.

any book Joe Mad. is involved with will be late a majority of the time.

Guaranteed!

aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000) aljick is just really nice. (+1000)
    rep back 1k+

q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000) q-theman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Usagi Yojimbo

Find it

read it
    X2!!!

Usagi Yojimbo

Find it

read it
    I will have to check this out. Not really a Manga guy except for Bleach and Hellsing.

DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I remember back in the day..going to the local comic book store and buying Spiderman, Batman, and Superman comics. Batman was huge then with the release of the movie. My uncles gave me a box full of comics..mostly from the 80's to the early 90's..some late 70's stuff,too.

Anyone heard of Secret Wars? Those were pretty cool...

I had a Spawn issue 1 in my hand and I was debating about buying it..I didn't!!

Big regret, like when I choose a David Robinson rookie card over a Dan Marino rookie card.

I think of that same stupid poor decision I made back then as well. I saw the Spawn #1 and thought, this guy looks kind of cool. And bought an X-Men instead.

Loved X-Factor when Peter David wrote and Larry Stroman illustrated, one of the more underrated books during the Liefeld, Lee, Portacio era when they were involded with the X-books.

Originally Posted by mwblind View Post
    I will have to check this out. Not really a Manga guy except for Bleach and Hellsing.
    It's not manga.

It's written by Stan Sakai.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokage

It's a book that I enjoy reading immensely.

Originally Posted by DaveAZ View Post
    I think of that same stupid poor decision I made back then as well. I saw the Spawn #1 and thought, this guy looks kind of cool. And bought an X-Men instead.
    This was one of my "investment books" when I was in high school. Too young to work, but I had a serious comic book collecting hobby(1990-1994). Would buy, sell, and trade comic books on the weekends at Old Paris Flea Market in OKC. Anything by McFarlane, Lee, or Liefeld was gold at that time. Valiant comics brought a fair price as well. (Harbinger, Solar Man of the Atom, Magnus, Shadowman, X-O Manowar, ect...) Had to find a way to hustle a buck. Would read Wizard the Guide to Comics like it was the Wall Street Journal. Fun times back in the day.

It's not manga.

Looks good. Im gonna check it out fo sho.

DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveAZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Forgot to post what I was into:

X-Men, Spidey, Iron Man, and Superman. I had lots of each of those, but also bought lots of the others. Punisher was awesome too, I always like those Punsher: Armory mags for some reason.

fitness intelligentsia ACslatering's Avatar
    ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ACslatering is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BMMack View Post
    Hell yeah! This one friend of mine traded me for the first ten issues for the first 60 issues of stormwatch in grade8.

Classic image was amazing back in the day. Now i've been away from comics since junior high - I'd be way out of the loop

any book Joe Mad. is involved with will be late a majority of the time.

Guaranteed!
    werd
    It's not manga.

Man he was awesome back when ninja turtles was on TV
    Anna spelt backwards is Anna. Coincidence? I think NOT! - EclipseTT

This was one of my "investment books" when I was in high school. Too young to work, but I had a serious comic book collecting hobby(1990-1994). Would buy, sell, and trade comic books on the weekends at Old Paris Flea Market in OKC. Anything by McFarlane, Lee, or Liefeld was gold at that time. Valiant comics brought a fair price as well. (Harbinger, Solar Man of the Atom, Magnus, Shadowman, X-O Manowar, ect...) Had to find a way to hustle a buck. Would read Wizard the Guide to Comics like it was the Wall Street Journal. Fun times back in the day.

You sound like I was, I would read and study that Wizard mag like mad, then when someone at school happened to snag something of value, I would then trade them multiple items worth next to nothing, in order to get it.