PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Heart Rate for Fat Loss during Cardio?

I found my maxium heart rate is 200, I usually do 160-170 for 45mins, is that right for cardio? I was told do 80% of your max?

akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by PhxJosh View Post
    I found my maxium heart rate is 200, I usually do 160-170 for 45mins, is that right for cardio? I was told do 80% of your max?
    80% its to much otherwise you lose protein for fat lose 65,70% ok 40mins

PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhxJosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I will try 70-75% then, thanks. +

akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akiles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I will try 70-75% then, thanks. +
    any time

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MHR is a rather nebulous number, I much prefer the lactate throshold HR here.

Anyhow, you can benefit from both SS and HIIT ... and they both have their pluses and minuses and optimal timing ... structuring a program is highly individual ...

In a perfect world...

1. 30-45 minute sessions at a pace in your aerobic heart rate zone (Z2-Z3) which is typically 130-150 BPM (depending on where your aerobic and lactate threshold HRs are) as it liberates bodyfat and is at a duration and intensity that is able to UTILIZE the liberated fat (or it will just be redeposited).

2. HIIT for the cumulative effect of elevated EPOC, metabolic rate, and GH following the session. This translates into a greater 24 hour energy expediture and substrate usage. You can also get the benefits of an increase in enzymes involved in fat utilization and maybe even some muscle growth.

However, there does exist a zone in upper Zone 3 - intensive endurance (based upon LTHR) - which recruits most of your slow twitch fibers and is beginning to recruit some of the FOG fibers as well. This zone uses a higher amount of glycogen then a lesser intensity would - it's what endurance athletes commonly refer to as "no mans land". You're really not training your aerobic or anaerobic energy systems optimally, but are incurring a relatively high recovery cost due to the energy substrate usage.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.